PDA

View Full Version : What triggers Yum-Yum Resta range?

Cloak
Mar 6, 2003, 11:22 PM
Sometimes, a FOnewearl or FOmarl's Resta range will increase. (You'll know it's increased when you see sparkles added to the animation, and huuuge ass range.) Anyway, I did C8 with my FOmarl not that long ago, and I started out with the uber range. Later on, at like the last area, I noticed it was gone, and back to normal at FOmarl 2X non-sparkle yums resta.

I've seen this happen to a FOne friend's resta in Ult Caves. And I mostly see it happen in c-mode. Someone share teh secret, what triggers it? (unless it's just another glitch)

rbf2000
Mar 6, 2003, 11:40 PM
I've noticed that all techs seem to have increased range in challange mode. As in the level 5 shifta, or whatever you get in c-mode, has a much bigger range than the level 15 or so shifta I am using.

As for resta, haven't noticed as much of a differance, but still a differance.

Celes152
Mar 7, 2003, 12:14 AM
Shifta/Deband on a FOmarl is C-mode is alomost like the old range out of C-mode..much greater than it used to be in C-mode.

Yet another reason why it's too easy..

Cloak
Mar 7, 2003, 02:42 PM
Neither of you understand what I mean. rbf, the range you talk about is normal range. In PSOGC, tech level doesn't raise range anymore, so LV2 resta is as long reach as LV30. FOmarl/FOnewearl have a 2X boost to Resta, so it's 2X more than normal resta. What I'm talking about is ANOTHER boost, it's either 3X or 4X. It happens randomly as far as I know, and you see sparkles added to the resta animation. It's the same thing that happens when you equip a FOne with resta merge.

Kupi
Mar 7, 2003, 04:17 PM
I've noticed that as well, and I'd love to know what causes it besides uber-boosted range. Possibly it happens at a *certain* range? I know that I've managed it with a FOmar before, but I can't rememeber conditions. Maybe it's a certain HP restoration and a certain range or something?

Blue-Hawk
Mar 7, 2003, 04:44 PM
yum yum? yums?!
explaination please.

Xion810
Mar 7, 2003, 05:28 PM
Okay this is what I think is happening. If this is a low level resta tech, or some kind of other tech it could be, but if you think that if there's the same amount of energy transferred between range and health. So if 25% of the energy is put into your health, that leaves 75% to the range. Although in higher levels you get more health from the technique so this requires more power, say 75%. This leaves 25% to the range.

Just my thought.

HC82
Mar 7, 2003, 11:54 PM
Your resta tech level has a minor increase on your resta range. When you wear a resta merge and you have inherit resta range you will see these sparks(like metal grinding against metal) eminate from your character.

I think MST has the greatest effect on natural resta range, but more so if you have the x2 resta ability.

I remeber using my FOnewearl back in her lower levels and I was somewhat dissatified with her resta range(it was x2, but just short of being uber). Now either I've grown used to it, or it has expanded just large enough that Iam content with it's range.

As for non x2 resta/anti FOs, they really have a hard time keeping the team healed.

Kent
Mar 8, 2003, 04:46 AM
On 2003-03-07 11:42, Cloak wrote:
In PSOGC, tech level doesn't raise range anymore, so LV2 resta is as long reach as LV30.

That is incorrect.

Level 2 Resta (as well as Shifta, Deband, and Anti) can target other players, but cannot affect them. They start affecting multiple players at level 3.

Sashi
Mar 8, 2003, 05:21 AM
I think if they are on a FOmarl level 2 techs can be used on others. I recall trying a level 2 anti at one point, and it worked to heal other players.

LollipopLolita
Mar 8, 2003, 05:55 AM
you can see the range of techniques here in the technique stats. you can also see the power increase.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=14

some tech's range stick no matter the level, some increase as the level increase.

Cloak
Mar 8, 2003, 04:22 PM
On 2003-03-08 01:46, Kent wrote:

On 2003-03-07 11:42, Cloak wrote:
In PSOGC, tech level doesn't raise range anymore, so LV2 resta is as long reach as LV30.

That is incorrect.

Level 2 Resta (as well as Shifta, Deband, and Anti) can target other players, but cannot affect them. They start affecting multiple players at level 3.

Read my post again. I never said anything about LV2 resta affecting anything. I said it has as long reach as LV30. >_>

Anyway, HC82, it's just that you grew used to it. I did the same thing as you awhile ago on my HUne, I thought my Resta got bigger. Then I tested with my HUmar friend, I had LV20 resta, he had 15, and I had 200-300 more MST than him. We both had equal range. Later I tested with a force with LV30, same range too. (If you look at the charts lollita linked, you'll see all supports are "6 meters."

Bleh, wish I knew how to purposely give a char 4X resta range. It's f'n huge in c-mode. ;x

HC82
Mar 8, 2003, 09:07 PM
It must be a glitch in cmode. Unlike many forces I've never had any of those odd glitches(loss of techs/mats) occur to me. Ive done cmode 4 times and redid it numerous times with my Fo and never got any glitches

If your getting those orange sparks eminating from your resta and your resta range becomes incredibly huge then it's a glitch. The only way to get that effect(orange sparks) is to equip a resta modifier on someone who already has x2 resta range.

Also equiping a resta merge and a madams parasol will give you god like resta, but just having on a resta merge with inherit x2 resta is good enough.

My resta range in cmode doesn't seem as big as in regular mode.

Also as for the charts about techs, they are pretty cool, but I noticed a few things that aren't correct. Namely the MST needed to use tech disks of certain levels. Past level 28, grants and megid tech disks require MST in the 1000's range to use, the list states 900ish MST. I owned a level 29 grants disk and it required like 1000+ mst to use.