PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 Clans

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 26, 2010, 02:30 PM
During PSU v1 and AotI, I was part of three clans over the time I played. This made the game more fun and streamlined in finding someone to play with. Now, I'm not if there is a "waiting room" for forming parties in PSP2, but once the game hits our shores, how will you PSO-worlders group up? Are most of you already set in groups of friends or clans? Is it common place to just post in the player matchup forum or does that take forever?

If there is a general group that already exists, I'd like to join at some point. If there isn't, I'd like to form one. I've been on these forums since 2005 (older accounts), I've played with some of you on PSU, hopefully this would be doable.

Pavichokche
Jul 26, 2010, 02:43 PM
Oh yeah, that could be fun. It would be good if there was a chat set up so that people can arrange things in real time. An IRC chat could work out, since ppl will be able to divide in separate "rooms" while playing (no homo).

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 26, 2010, 02:47 PM
I've never used IRC, but IIRC it doesn't support voice chat right?

PS,
(no homo)
???

ashley50
Jul 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
Voice only works if you either play with your friends (RL), have a PS3 for Ad Hoc Voice chat or ventrillo via PC.
Link below is your best bet where most JP PSP2 players hang around (not me)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176682&highlight=PSP2+chatroom

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 26, 2010, 02:52 PM
I meant voice chat in IRC. Only in Vent I guess, haven't been on a certain vent group in years myself.

And that PSP2 chat thread you posted sounds exactly like what I looking for.

Xelor
Jul 26, 2010, 03:21 PM
Yea, use that chat room in the link once the game comes out. It may be like a clan.

Mike
Jul 26, 2010, 06:23 PM
If you are interested, there were dozens if not hundreds of "guilds," as they were called in Japanese, made in the first six months of PSP2's life. You couldn't check out random rooms without running across at least one recruiting room. Those have died down now though. PSP2 has no built in method of setting a guild/clan anyways.

Pavichokche
Jul 26, 2010, 08:35 PM
We should organize some of those [clans] around here once PSPo2 is out. As the saying goes, organization is the key to success. Organizing ourselves in groups should allow for a more successful (fun) gaming experience. It could also create the basis for some competitive play. I think there is going to be a "versus mode" where you can play against other players. We could have clan wars or even tournaments !:roll:

Izuna
Jul 26, 2010, 08:42 PM
In Phantasy Star Portable 2, you can't trade rare items; have parties with more than 4 people; can't talk with a keyboard in game; and can't actually create a group in-game.

I'm surprised anyone bothers when it comes to this game.

Pavichokche
Jul 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
Wait, you can't use the keyboard during a game? So you are limited to your pre-made phrases??? I didn't know... Also, are you sure that you can't make a party with people you know? I thought that you can add people as "friends" in a manner similar to PSZ.

At any rate, it's this seemingly pointless nature of the game's communication system that promotes people to organize themselves, to combat it :D

Izuna
Jul 26, 2010, 08:55 PM
Wait, you can't use the keyboard during a game? So you are limited to your pre-made phrases???

You misunderstood; you can use the on-screen keyboard fine, don't worry.
I was saying you can't use a physical keyboard, so most messages turn into yo dud wht we duin now .

Pavichokche
Jul 26, 2010, 09:40 PM
Oh, well that's still fine. Better than nothing. The stuff I wrote on my DS (while playing PSZ) was, for the most part, illegible anyway xD

Mike
Jul 27, 2010, 05:32 AM
If only the keyboard were QWERTY, it would be less of a hastle. I find it's quicker to type in Japanese than English sometimes.

Pavichokche
Jul 27, 2010, 10:54 AM
I personally find the [as people call it] "phone keyboard" much faster to use than a qwerty one because there is less travel time between buttons, and I'm very used to it from texting on my phone. I wish you could just pick...it's not like it's so difficult to add all three interfaces...alas, we'll probably never see that in a game.

SammaeltheDark
Jul 27, 2010, 01:46 PM
The "phone keyboard" is a great idea. When using a software keyboard, more time is spent on navigating the letters than typing. A phone-style keyboard has fewer buttons and requires less moves to go between any 2 buttons (2-3 max, if you can wrap around the sides). It's faster to mash the same button to cycle through a set of letters than to navigate a full keyboard, but it takes a little training to get used to.

I'll join any clan named Grunt Force Red. Why red? 'cause red wonz iz fastah.
Otherwise, consider me a freelancer.

r00tabaga
Jul 27, 2010, 02:07 PM
I think you can still form "groups" from the guild cards you obtain from other players still. I wish this game had a "Blue Burst" style TEAM function where you could create a leader, an emblem, go on exclusive TEAM-quests and so on...that was pretty cool.

Xelor
Jul 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
I guess I could get used to typing on a cell phone style keyboard.

Xelor
Jul 31, 2010, 10:51 PM
For those who want to chat while playing PSPo2 can go to our IRC channel on #PSPo2 at irc.rizon.net

The reason why we opened this even when there's another chatroom up is because some people may want to use another mobile device to chat with such as the iPhone, Blackberry, or any other device that can't run Xat. It can serve as a mobile-friendly alternative and of course computers can still run them.

Pavichokche
Jul 31, 2010, 11:15 PM
For those who want to chat while playing PSPo2 can go to our IRC channel on #PSPo2 at irc.rizon.net

That's wonderful! Can people create some sort of private chat while connected to the same IRC channel?

Xelor
Jul 31, 2010, 11:21 PM
Yep. Just tap on the user in the user list and send a message.

RemiusTA
Aug 1, 2010, 09:58 PM
PSU's battle mode is far too pathetic to warrant any kind of "clan" anything....

Xelor
Aug 1, 2010, 11:11 PM
People can still stick in groups if they want to grind with the same people. That's the only point in them.

Pavichokche
Aug 1, 2010, 11:17 PM
People can still stick in groups if they want to grind with the same people. That's the only point in them.

Yeah, that's right. In fact, is there a mode that allows you to connect and make a party with RANDOM people (like in PSZ)?

Xelor
Aug 2, 2010, 12:41 AM
From what I've heard, yes. You can even join and create rooms with random people instead of using a matchmaking system. And since it's not on the Nintendo, FCs will not be involved. You can chat with anyone.