PDA

View Full Version : Will the real Hopkins please stand up?

VulpesMundi
Mar 7, 2003, 12:43 AM
In the offline quest Grave's Butler you see a FOnewm with an afro named Hopkins about 2/3 through Cave 1. However, in the online quests Lost Heat Sword and Lost Ice Spinner (and Lost Soul Blade if it was available on the GC) your client is a FOnewm named Hopkins who wears sunglasses and a hat similar to Jughead's from the Archie comics. Even stranger, when you talk to Paganini in Gallon's Shop he asks his son (who looks like the Hopkins from the Lost quests) to bring Hopkins to the lab. So who really is Hopkins?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-06 21:46 ]</font>

KillerCC1101
Mar 7, 2003, 12:51 AM
the Hopkins' mother and father just had a little too fun, thats all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KillerCC1101 on 2003-03-06 22:03 ]</font>

Wolfos
Mar 7, 2003, 02:17 AM
Thats twisted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

" Hey Hopkins! get down here for lunch "

2 people run downstair

" no, not you hopkins....oh...why didnt i name you jimmy...or steven....or peter "

TedEdFred
Mar 7, 2003, 10:45 AM
Paganini has 2 sons?
The one in Gallon's Shop (he asks his son to bring his brother back to the lab, which would make sense because he mentions "I never loose anything you give me" Unlike his lousy brother Hopkins.

Who is the mystery Hopkins in the offline quest? possibly it is Hopkins in disguise? But maybe not since most other NPC's always look the same (2 that I can think of that change: Cecil and Mome). Is there a reason that Hopkins might be in the caves during that offline quest? Or maybe it is someone different or someone trying to impersonate the real Hopkins.

VulpesMundi
Mar 7, 2003, 10:44 PM
Actually, I think I answered my own question. The real Hopkins is the FOnewm standing about 2/3 through Cave 1 in Grave's Butler. If you put HOPKINS into a section ID calculator you get Viridia. The other FOnewm found in the Lost quests and with Paganini is Bluefull. Now the question is: what is that FOnewm's name?

Edit: This still doesn't explain why it says Hopkins is your client when you do the Lost quests online. Once again Sonic Team shows how accurate they can be. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-07 19:48 ]</font>