PDA

View Full Version : What Anime are you currently watching??

Hagaishi
Jul 30, 2010, 04:00 AM
As of tonight:

:ice:Naruto shippuuden 170:ice:

:fire:Naruto Shippuuden 171:fire:

:dark:Bleach 281:dark:

:lightning:Black Rock Shooter OVA:lightning:

:light:Fist Of The North Star 61:light:

AC9breaker
Jul 30, 2010, 04:59 AM
None.

Only read Hajime No Ippo and Berserk whenever they come out.

Hagaishi
Jul 30, 2010, 06:45 AM
None.

Only read Hajime No Ippo and Berserk whenever they come out.
Cool! I love Ippo as well. Its a shame that they ended it. Thanks for the input bro!

Blitzkommando
Jul 30, 2010, 09:55 AM
Eh, most recent I watched was Tora Dora! which I loved.

Sinue_v2
Jul 30, 2010, 10:51 AM
Last few I watched were Black Lagoon, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... and I've been catching up on Monster and re-watching Gun Frontier on Hulu. Still waiting on Hellsing OVA 8.

amtalx
Jul 30, 2010, 11:08 AM
Trying to stay up to date on FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. The original is one of my favorite series, and the 2nd pass is even better.

Ezodagrom
Jul 30, 2010, 11:40 AM
Well, let's see, Naruto, Bleach, Ookami-san, and waiting for Index/Railgun and the next Rebuild of Evangelion movie.

Weeaboolits
Jul 30, 2010, 11:47 AM
Tora Dora! and Brotherhood were good.

Most recently I watched Mushi-Shi, which was amazing.

ashley50
Jul 30, 2010, 12:03 PM
Whenever the next episodes gets available:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Highscool of the dead
occult Gakuin
Shiki
Nurarihyon no Mago
Strike Witches 2
K-ON!!
Asobi ni Ikuyo
SS Amagami
Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Tyreek
Jul 30, 2010, 12:10 PM
When was Boondocks an anime?

Hagaishi
Jul 30, 2010, 03:16 PM
Cool, I heard that it a HoTT Anime! Thanks for the input!!

Well its not, But its too sicking of a show to not include it!

Whenever the next episodes gets available:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Highscool of the dead
occult Gakuin
Shiki
Nurarihyon no Mago
Strike Witches 2
K-ON!!
Asobi ni Ikuyo
SS Amagami
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Sweet! I've heard for some of them. Thats cool! Thanks for the input!

Tora Dora! and Brotherhood were good.

Yessss! Full Metal is the shit!

Well, let's see, Naruto, Bleach, Ookami-san, and waiting for Index/Railgun and the next Rebuild of Evangelion movie.
How is Ookami, I see it alot online. How is it??

Trying to stay up to date on FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. The original is one of my favorite series, and the 2nd pass is even better.
Yea alot of good Anime is better watching it the 2nd time.

Last few I watched were Black Lagoon, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... and I've been catching up on Monster and re-watching Gun Frontier on Hulu. Still waiting on Hellsing OVA 8.
Hellsing!! Such a good Anime!

Sweet bro!!!

Outrider
Jul 30, 2010, 03:31 PM
Whoa, dude - keep it in one post.

If you want to quote and respond to multiple people, use the "Multi" buttons at the bottom right of each post.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 03:42 PM
\

Watching this right now, as a recommendation. It's great to take a break from overpowered teenagers, super robots, and scantily clad women so it's possible to have a real story.

amtalx
Jul 30, 2010, 04:05 PM
Yea alot of good Anime is better watching it the 2nd time.

I meant more that Brotherhood is better than the original series.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 04:24 PM
Who would watch a series more than once? That's just weird.

Outrider
Jul 30, 2010, 04:32 PM

Doesn't seem strange to me. Haven't you ever read a book more than once or listened to an album more than once?

It's a heck of a lot more time-consuming, but it's basically the same thing.

amtalx
Jul 30, 2010, 04:42 PM
I've probably watched the first season of Standalone Complex eight or nine times by now.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 05:27 PM
Doesn't seem strange to me. Haven't you ever read a book more than once or listened to an album more than once?

It's a heck of a lot more time-consuming, but it's basically the same thing.
I listen or read something, then throw it away. No good to listen or read or watch it more than once, you already know what's gonna happen.

Anduril
Jul 30, 2010, 05:52 PM
I listen or read something, then throw it away. No good to listen or read or watch it more than once, you already know what's gonna happen.
But plot is only one layer of things. Rewatching or rereading things allows you to see things that you may have missed the first time because you weren't aware of them until a certain plot element that happens afterward. Like when rewatching the Sixth Sense; knowing that Bruce Willis is dead from the get-go makes so many of the strange moments make sense, like the anniversary dinner with his wife. Believing that something is over just because you've seen it is a sad way of viewing things, even in "static" media.

Sorry; this is what I get for taking Lit. classes.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 06:21 PM
But plot is only one layer of things. Rewatching or rereading things allows you to see things that you may have missed the first time because you weren't aware of them until a certain plot element that happens afterward. Like when rewatching the Sixth Sense; knowing that Bruce Willis is dead from the get-go makes so many of the strange moments make sense, like the anniversary dinner with his wife. Believing that something is over just because you've seen it is a sad way of viewing things, even in "static" media.

Sorry; this is what I get for taking Lit. classes.
It's also what you get for falling for simple things like my posts. :wacko:

Anduril
Jul 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
It's also what you get for falling for simple things like my posts. :wacko:
I know, I know. But for some reason I couldn't resist going on a Lit. major rant. I'm weak. v_v

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 07:16 PM
I also read none of that paragraph, so yeah. :wacko:

Ezodagrom
Jul 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
How is Ookami, I see it alot online. How is it??
It's not bad, I'm enjoying it so far. It has some weird references to classic stories, like cinderella or the turtle and the hare.
Oh, and a "scary" little red riding hood :wacko::
[spoiler-box]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5404/ridinghood.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Weeaboolits
Jul 31, 2010, 03:06 AM
Looks like a cross between B.B. Hood and Taokaka.

Ezodagrom
Jul 31, 2010, 10:04 AM
Well, the B.B. Hood background thing only happened in 1 episode though, an episode where not only they made some references to classic tales (like the turtle and the hare, and Urashima Tarou), they also made some references to other shows (that B.B.H. part and apparently a cosplay of characters from Zero no Tsukaima). ^^;

Anyway, Neko-Neko Knuckles. :3
[spoiler-box]http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9237/nekoneko.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Hagaishi
Aug 3, 2010, 12:40 AM
I've probably watched the first season of Standalone Complex eight or nine times by now.Oh man ou gots to see the 2nd season!!

B.B. Hood, I miss the Darkstalkers game! And being one of the best in Philly at the time I wish they include some of the other people from that game in some of the newer Vs titles!

amtalx
Aug 3, 2010, 12:48 AM
Oh man ou gots to see the 2nd season!!

I have both seasons, but the story arc from the first season is better.

Hagaishi
Aug 3, 2010, 12:50 AM
I cant wait for the new episode of Shippuuden and Bleach!!! How bout all guys?? And have yall read the latest chapters of Naruto and Bleach??? As always looking for teammates so just hit me up at my Dojo page on here to set that up but anway, Keep on plaing and keep om watching/Reading Manga-Anime!

I have both seasons, but the story arc from the first season is better.
Yea the story is a lil bit better, the the story behined the laughing man was good!

Yep why not! I'll post the newest chapters of Naruto and Bleach on here for yall guys! And if there's any other manga just as and I'll try to find and post!

Bleach 282 Just came out!!!!!!
Then after watching tell us what you thought of the episode! Like it or love it!!

linking to things like this is a nono.

OK 1st off I want to say that the newest episode of Bleach was good! I've done many manga videos of Bleach and this was one of the chapters I did (To see vid just check my Dojo thread) and it was 90% the same as it was in the manga. What they added was good too! The fight with stark was hott and just began to start!!! Wait till yall see who pops up to save the day!!! Anyway the only bad thing I have to say is what I'd sa about alot of anime thats aired today. I hate when the 1st 5mins of an anime gives a recap of the last episode! I know thats for the people who didnt see the last one but come on, if you watch anime your gonna watch EVERY last episode of the anime you love. Anyway thanks for checking this thread out and by all means, Make a reviwe your self and post it here! Cause we all want to know what yall think!! 8-)

Not at all! 1st off sometimes there aren't any new good animes out so you might want to see something hott and cool! I catch myself watch old episodes of Naruto Bleach and Devil man cry just because I want to be entertained! Sometimes the old stuff is better!

I meant more that Brotherhood is better than the original series.
Yea it was better than the 1st! And lasted a lil longer too!

Had me thinking about the next episode in Naruto. Seeing how the newest episode is not a filler. It should be a good one!Obaiyo mina8-)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 4, 2010, 08:19 PM
Korean Directors, animators(Like Simpsons, etc.), with the kung-fu hootie hoo in there.

Bushido Brown vs Stinkmeaner's Flying Guillotine guy?

Oh yes.

So its closer to Avatar than anything. Now to just get the fans of Avatar and the fans of Boondocks to mingle. I'm both, lets mingle.

-

This Saturday A_Swim 2:30 am probably going to be the last 2 Bebop again. Going to do that. Last Saturday was the last GitS:Stand Alone Complex? Because back to back next one up was first episode season one, rooftop Jamaican chain wearing future gangsta got his leg shot off.

Other animated things sitting around. Movie length.

Van Helsing - we'll see how that goes.

Iron Giant - going to be a goodin' oldie but goodie.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 4, 2010, 08:41 PM
Seriously Hagashi, learn to multi quote or put everyone in one post. This is a forum, not a chat room.

Also, halfway through Mushi-shi. I love it.

Anduril
Aug 4, 2010, 11:28 PM
Just got finished watching Clannad and Clannad ~After Story~, and I am not ashamed to say that I cried. Then again I am more into RomComs and Dramas, so it's not typically the cup of tea for action aficionados.

Hagaishi
Aug 4, 2010, 11:37 PM
Korean Directors, animators(Like Simpsons, etc.), with the kung-fu hootie hoo in there.

Bushido Brown vs Stinkmeaner's Flying Guillotine guy?

Oh yes.

So its closer to Avatar than anything. Now to just get the fans of Avatar and the fans of Boondocks to mingle. I'm both, lets mingle.

-

This Saturday A_Swim 2:30 am probably going to be the last 2 Bebop again. Going to do that. Last Saturday was the last GitS:Stand Alone Complex? Because back to back next one up was first episode season one, rooftop Jamaican chain wearing future gangsta got his leg shot off.

Other animated things sitting around. Movie length.

Van Helsing - we'll see how that goes.

Iron Giant - going to be a goodin' oldie but goodie.
I feel yea bro! I love both too!

Seriously Hagashi, learn to multi quote or put everyone in one post. This is a forum, not a chat room.

Also, halfway through Mushi-shi. I love it.Your right I do need to learn how to!!

joefro
Aug 5, 2010, 12:00 AM
Oh boy!!! This looks good! I just wanna thank Manga stream for being one of the best places to read manga! Well enjoy and if ou lied this wees chapter of Naruto Shippuuden just leave our info in a post. And thanks for checking me out!

Naruto Shippuuden 505

[snip for omg wall o pix]

Your right I do need to learn how to!!

This is how you multi quote. It's not hard.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1264/screenshot20100804at115.png
Click on the "Multi Off" button. It will then show this:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1264/screenshot20100804at115.png

For every post you want to quote you make sure it says "Multi On"

Once you've decided what you want to quote, you click quote on the final post that you want to quote.

Hagaishi
Aug 5, 2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks bro! I dont know why I always passed that lil button. But thanks a mill!

Outrider
Aug 5, 2010, 12:11 AM
You realize it's against the forum rules to post copyrighted material, right?

It's the same reason you're not allowed to post links to anime downloads. Read the rules already.

Hagaishi
Aug 5, 2010, 12:13 AM
You realize it's against the forum rules to post copyrighted material, right?

It's the same reason you're not allowed to post links to anime downloads. Read the rules already. Crap! Thanks bro!

Crap! Thanks bro! Well if ou can "Find" the Newest chapters of Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach go read it!! There HoTT!!! And I'll post some feed back on how I liked this weeks chapters!

ashley50
Aug 5, 2010, 12:57 AM
you're still doing it :l

Outrider
Aug 5, 2010, 01:52 AM
If you have already posted and want to comment on something else, then click the "Edit" button in your post and add in that additional comment.

Between that and multi-quote, you can stop posting more than once in a row.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 5, 2010, 02:08 AM
Something tells me he's just doing the "smile and nod" thing.

dtr246
Aug 5, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm watching the anime fairytail it involves a guild that grows through trials and friendship. Plus it has some comedy too

Alnet
Aug 5, 2010, 12:02 PM
Comp: Was watching season 2 of Tentai Senshi Sun Red until recently. I need to find episodes 20+ with subtitles... Also the conclusion of Victory Gundam. When this summer ends, I'll have watched 3 different Gundam series this summer (Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam, Victory Gundam). Next is rewatching G Gundam.

DVD: Planning on going back and rewatching Gundam 0083 sometime soon.

TV: Also watching DBZ Kai since it's like rewatching DBZ but with a lot less garbage.

Hagaishi
Aug 5, 2010, 12:45 PM
Comp: Was watching season 2 of Tentai Senshi Sun Red until recently. I need to find episodes 20+ with subtitles... Also the conclusion of Victory Gundam. When this summer ends, I'll have watched 3 different Gundam series this summer (Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam, Victory Gundam). Next is rewatching G Gundam.

TV: Also watching DBZ Kai since it's like rewatching DBZ but with a lot less garbage. WoW! So that new Dragon ball is HoTT huh? I didnt think I would like it cause of how much they took out! And how it the latest Gundam Animes?? I loved the Endless wing!!

TV: Also watching DBZ Kai since it's like rewatching DBZ but with a lot less garbage.

WoW! So that new Dragon ball is HoTT huh? I didnt think I would like it cause of how much they took out! And how it the latest Gundam Animes?? I loved the Endless wing!!

Oh yea!!! Naruto Shippuuden 172 is out!! So yall know what that means! Go watch it!!

EDIT: Naruto Anime Episode 172 After Thoughts.......

Ok so I just got finished watching Naruto Shippuuden 172 and I feel that it was ok. Just ok. I mean that will happen when its more story telling than action. But if you didn't know the back story to Pain then it was a good episode for that! I'm Just happy that there's no fillers in sight! But all in all it was a cool episode! Cant wait for the next one!!!

Naruto Manga Chapter 505 after thoughts......

Boy oh boy!!! WoW!!! Naruto has mastered the Fox in side of him!! (Well kind of) But for him to look like the Sage Of The Six Paths when he has the power flowing in him is OMG!!!! So dose Naruto has some ties to the Sage who brought Ninjutsu to the ninja world??? And now Naruto can do the same no better than his father's yellow flash!!!! Naruto is getting crazy and Im loving it!

joefro
Aug 5, 2010, 06:59 PM
Edit your posts...

Hagaishi
Aug 7, 2010, 02:33 AM
So did anyone watch any new anime as of late??? The newest Bleach and Naruto Shippuuden was cool! Did anyone watch it as well?? How did yall guys feel about them???

Delete
Aug 7, 2010, 11:57 AM
So did anyone watch any new anime as of late??? The newest Bleach and Naruto Shippuuden was cool! Did anyone watch it as well?? How did yall guys feel about them???

I've seen the New Naruto episodes. Definitely my favorite anime as of now. I have started watching some of the Dragon Ball Z kai lately but only bits n pieces. DBZ was classic stuff back in the day.

Hagaishi
Aug 7, 2010, 02:43 PM
I've seen the New Naruto episodes. Definitely my favorite anime as of now. I have started watching some of the Dragon Ball Z kai lately but only bits n pieces. DBZ was classic stuff back in the day.Yea the old DBZ and Fist of the north star was epic!

Alnet
Aug 7, 2010, 02:57 PM
WoW! So that new Dragon ball is HoTT huh? I didnt think I would like it cause of how much they took out! And how it the latest Gundam Animes?? I loved the Endless wing!!
The new DBZ is actually not bad. It exceeded my expectations. I miss Gohan's old voice, that's my only qualm. But having fights finish in 1 episode, no more episodes made entirely out of talking, and less of the infamous "charging" definitely makes it worthwhile.

The newest Gundam anime is 2010's Unicorn to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the franchise. All the ones I watched this summer are fairly older, the oldest being Gundam ZZ, released in 1986. Victory Gundam came out in 1993, and Turn A came out in 1999 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Gundam.

And I am looking forward to the next episode of Unicorn, which comes out in the fall. Though the rate they're going, it'll be YEARS before they finish producing the anime. :<

Delete
Aug 8, 2010, 11:45 AM
Speaking of Gundam, any of you guys/gals happen to watch G Gundam? That was by far my favorite Gundam series. The others got a little too confusing at times, but G Gundam kept it mostly simple....dude looking for his bro.

ashley50
Aug 8, 2010, 11:57 AM
I have seen most of the Gundam series but "G" just ruins it for me so I only watched it once and pretended I never watched it.

Delete
Aug 8, 2010, 12:35 PM
I think I was like 14 or so at the time, so I guess it was more easy to get into then the others. :wacko:

Alnet
Aug 8, 2010, 04:16 PM
I saw it when I was younger, but I didn't like it all that much, mainly because none of it made any sense to me. Now that I'm older and I realize that nothing in G Gundam is to be taken seriously, I figure I can rewatch it and get the most (read: nothing) out of it.

Hagaishi
Aug 8, 2010, 04:37 PM
Gundam was very good I have to say, And I have seen mostly all of them. But when it comes to Mech animes, Manacross and Robotech was to die for! Shame, me saying that makes me feel a lil old! Ha! Obaiyo mina!!

Xefi
Aug 9, 2010, 12:50 AM
High School students, pretty lady with katana, a guy with a bat, a dude with
a nail gun, a girl with a spear, big booby lady, and a smart girl with glasses, fighting
to survive from zombies? this anime rocks!

Currently watching this survival horror series. pretty fun and gory.

Highschool of the Dead
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e--2aU_q8do&feature=related[/spoiler-box]

just skip to 3:30 for some zombies killing.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi92cz_Gj_U[/spoiler-box]

ashley50
Aug 9, 2010, 01:14 AM
since it was available...

Currently watching Patlabor OVA.

And wth is Manacross? googled that word and i got no results. (though i know what you're referring to...)

Delete
Aug 9, 2010, 02:09 AM
So who here is still watchin Pokemon ;) ?Because I see it has the most votes for some reason lol.

Ithildin
Aug 9, 2010, 05:42 AM
Noein. Its not bad really.

Weeaboolits
Aug 9, 2010, 06:55 AM
Macross Frontier was pretty good.

Hagaishi
Aug 9, 2010, 10:32 AM
High School students, pretty lady with katana, a guy with a bat, a dude with
a nail gun, a girl with a spear, big booby lady, and a smart girl with glasses, fighting
to survive from zombies? this anime rocks!

Currently watching this survival horror series. pretty fun and gory.

Highschool of the Dead
[spoiler-box]YouTube- &#x202a;Highschool of the Dead-Trailer(New 2010 Anime)&#x202c;&lrm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e--2aU_q8do&feature=related)[/spoiler-box]

just skip to 3:30 for some zombies killing.
[spoiler-box]YouTube- &#x202a;high school of the dead ep 5 part 2/2&#x202c;&lrm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi92cz_Gj_U)[/spoiler-box] I've seen the High School zombie anime, And it looks good but too kiddy for me! The fights are ok but could be better!

Yea old school Mech Animes has set the bar for the ones now, And I think sometimes a lil too high!

And why is Pokemon #1 so far?? I thank its because 80% of people who has read this thread has only ether watch Eng Dub Anime (That Sucks Ass!) Or only watches Anime from The Cartoon network. Now that not bad to say, But see how the Bleach and Naruto episodes are super old as of now! And even the "other" animes on adult swim kinda suck!! But thats why there a poll to vote! I would of though Naruto or Bleach would be on top!

unicorn
Aug 10, 2010, 12:18 AM
Finished watching Clannad and its After Story

Call me really behind, but I'm starting up Angelic Layer and going to revisit Card Captor Sakura. I also want to finish Hell Girl and start xxxHolic.

Delete
Aug 10, 2010, 07:39 AM
And why is Pokemon #1 so far??

Exactly what I wanna know. Back in da day, I'm not embarrassed to admit I did watch it. But now, it's basically the same thing every episode with Team Rocket getting owned every single time. But I guess whatever floats peoples boats eh?

Weeaboolits
Aug 10, 2010, 12:34 PM
Pokemon's been airing for over 10 years, it's a simple matter of everyone's watched it at some point.

Sayara
Aug 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
I've only watched and enjoyed 3 animes in the last 3 years..

Toradora!
Zetsubou Sensei
and Hidamari Sketch.

Otherwise; i haven't had enough interest in it,

Chukie sue
Aug 12, 2010, 12:40 PM
I started watching Shippuuden again just because my brother said it got asdfjaldks amazing...

Stopped watching Bleach because they all died in the Hueco Mundo filler...

Stopped watching Higurashi no Naku koro ni because I was becoming depressed...

Currently watching Shippuuden, Full Metal Panic (even though its over), Rockman EXE Stream, Beast, Beast +, Highschool Of The Dead (though I -could- do with a little less panties), Baka to Test to Shōkanjū, and I'll be watching Bakuman and .hack GU as soon as they come out <3

Anduril
Aug 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Stopped watching Higurashi no Naku koro ni because I was becoming depressed...

You should keep watching. The end of Kai is satisfying because they earn their damn happy ending.

DEM_CIG
Aug 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
Naruto Shippuden (manga and anime), Highschool of the dead (anime), Bleach (manga and anime), and some of Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ (anime). If Gundam 00 (anime) was still going on I would be watching that still, Can not wait till the movie comes out. Also I still read Air Gear and watch the anime on DVD.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 13, 2010, 02:16 AM
I've only watched and enjoyed 3 animes in the last 3 years..

Toradora!
Zetsubou Sensei
and Hidamari Sketch.

Otherwise; i haven't had enough interest in it,
That's 3 more than me, old man.

I remain the older man!

joo kids.

Doraemon apparently found out the name of that again is that blue cat with the freaky grin and red doggy collar(y does he have that) or I guess its a bell on it for cats, you turn his face and his fish food flakes go on your rice, "furikake" growing up.

Mom grew up with anpan man. Who's story freaks the crap outta kids, though. Poor mom:

http://wanderingvegans.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/anpanman.jpg

[spoiler-box]
Anpanman is very very popular. In fact, popular isn’t even the word for it. He is simply everywhere, and he is as much as part of Japanese culture as sushi is. So when you manage to tear yourself away from the mountains of merchandise and take a minute to actually think about it, why is he so popular?
Well that I don’t know but I do know that if you simply explain the concept of Anpanman without context and especially without mentioning that it is a cartoon, well it sounds frankly disgusting. His head is made of a jam bun. He goes around saving people. His head is fully detachable and replaceable if he is damaged. If he wants to help starving people he can tear off chunks of his head for others to consume.

So perhaps in our current global economic crisis rather than some jackass show-boater like Superman, we need Anpanman to make sure that we don’t starve to death. We all know that comics contain sub textual meanings, the X-Men was about racial intolerance, Spiderman represented the trials of puberty, so perhaps we should look at Anpanman in the same way. Rather than a simple cheerful kids show, Anpanman is secretly preparing us for the horrific eventuality that in order to survive we must resort to cannibalism. That’s right kiddies, watch and learn because one day when the shit really hits the fan and you haven’t eaten for days, just close your eyes, hum the theme tune from Anpanman and you’ll find the strength to do the unthinkable…
[/spoiler-box]

Top 5: Japanese Mascots - Hello Kitty's own cat, Milky freaky smile girl, and more (http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9021303) <-"DToid" hosted something gave me a virus/trojan warning to abort connection

Maybe one of the user's stupid blog friends has a crazy link or image somewhere. :( Don't remember that when originally finding this blog entry, beware. Or don't click at all, since I got the quote out.

Hagaishi
Aug 13, 2010, 02:51 AM
Seeing that were on the topic of Anime and all let me ask everyone a qustion:
What everyones top 3 fav opening or closing music that was from a anime?

Mines:

1: Stance punks- I wanna be (Soul eater 1st ending)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EBT3tkCnw

2: YUI - Again (Fullmetal Alchemist "Dark Brotherhood" 1st opening)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObVjIY5fvM

3: LAST ALLIANCE - Hekireki (Hijime No Ippo "New challenger" 1st opening)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elXiGNCM4zs

I know, I know there are soo many good songs out there! But I guess this is just my top 3 as of right now. Ask me this same qustion like next week and I would have something different up there! But who ever answers this qustion I just wanna say thanks for taking the time out! Janna mina!!8-)

DEM_CIG
Aug 13, 2010, 08:08 PM
Umm I have to think about the other one but this is my favorite Shippudden Opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Wanb-Q0WY

Also I really like the OP song for Darker than Black by Stereo Pony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4pR0RTngA

And I like the op from Air gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZIcTUCOAUg

Anduril
Aug 14, 2010, 01:08 AM
Let's see. As for the songs themselves, my top three would probably be "My Soul, Your Beats!" by Lia from Angel Beats!, "Falling Down" by Oasis from Eden of the East, and "Kimi no Shira nai Monogatari" by supercell from Bakemonogatari, ugg, that's an ED, but still a great song "Superscription of Data" by Shimamiya Eiko from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. My favorite OP from any series just by virtue of how it is animated would have to be the first Death Note OP.

Delete
Aug 14, 2010, 08:26 AM
Naruto's Blue Bird theme is by far one of my top favs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmZxwHty3Uo

How can anyone forget this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWBXA1MGrQ

Also, this one gets good around 1:02 which is what ya heard when it was on toonami (the rest was cut out or most anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gg47Xblo8

For shits n giggles, this one was kinda kewl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv99z03z9Ks

Lastly, one more Naruto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFrhrp-G26s

Damn, one more...(I love Japanese music :D) This one's not a theme as far as I know, but it's friggin awesome as heck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huLPOArXCR0

Damn, one more I swear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znKC6lLm-UQ

Chukie sue
Aug 14, 2010, 10:10 PM
You should keep watching. The end of Kai is satisfying because they earn their damn happy ending.

Oh yeah? I watched the first episode of Kai and laughed my bottom off :D Probably doesnt stay like that though, huh?

What a cruel, CRUEL question >_>

I honestly can-not- come anywehre near deciding... ORange Range is Amazing, Stereopony is amazing, Maximum the Hormone is amazing, Kelun is AMAZING, YUI is AMAZING, liek evary Rockman opening/ending is amazing, etc etc. Did I forget to mention HIGH & MIGHTY COLOR?

Probably my all time favs is BEAT CRUSADERS, though. Kappa Mikey, anyone?

Anduril
Aug 14, 2010, 11:02 PM
Oh yeah? I watched the first episode of Kai and laughed my bottom off :D Probably doesnt stay like that though, huh?

If I recall correctly, Kai is less bloody and there are more moments of pure, character driven awesome in the last couple of arcs. It is definitely not as depressing as the first season, though that is my personal opinion. Hey, I still think there could be some truth to that alien theory. :P Also, Rei is honestly my favorite part of the series. It has two hilarious episodes sandwiching a deep and thought provoking 3-part arc.

Hagaishi
Aug 15, 2010, 12:12 AM
WoW! I really love yall guys! Seeing how theres alot of J-PoP fans on this site, let continue on with the showing off some of our fav Anime Opening and Ending music!

My Top 5 Bleach Op and ed songs:

1: Stereo Pony - Hitohira no Habira (Bleach Ending 17)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLt5usfmsck

2:YUI - Rolling star (Bleach Opening 5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZXGDCYLNTM

3: Aqua Timez - Alones (Bleach Opening 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2ZTqUD4pI

4: Daidai - Chatmonchy (Bleach Ending 12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kg1FI2CYb4

5: D-Technolife - UVERworld (Bleach Opening 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH6w-TTZMDM

And not to get off the main Topic, I've been watching:

Bleach Ep 283 (That one was hoTT!)
Naruto Shippuuden Ep 173
Hokuto No Ken Ep 67
Blassreiter Ep 2 (Its a new anime that I have started watching, has anyone seen it??)

I just wanted to add that I love yall guys picks!! Later I will be adding my fav picks for Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden as well as FMA new and old!

And I also wanted to add that yall guys are the coolest! Obaiyo mina!!8-)

ashley50
Aug 15, 2010, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gj_CUTOfLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XSIe5BRwQs
The best Gundam I've ever watched. Newer Gundams today are too...powerful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97j86qH91Nk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcZFPkKFUtE

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2010, 01:57 AM
You people have no taste in openings at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFjXSEA1FdQ

Hagaishi
Aug 15, 2010, 02:10 AM
Hey bro now that's a classic! I would of had that song as one of my favs but I didn't want to list a song that someone under 25 wouldn't remember! But grate pick bro! For all of that "You are shock" the Opening song from Hokuto No Ken needs to be up as one of your picks too! But thanks for taking the time to post!!

Oh Wait! I just watched your pick and not to be a lame but the US ver of DBZ SUCKED ASS!!! Check out the Japanese opening 1 and 2, WAYYYYY BETTER!!! Now thats a classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9p5GtYSSgw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6AVmeKHKk4

But if I put the ones from DBZ, I have to post this as well!

Hokuto No Ken Opening 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHy--NKdSnA

This by far is the BEST classic Anime openings of all time! Well If your a 80's baby! WoW now I feel old! Obaiyo mina!!!

Airalean
Aug 15, 2010, 03:22 AM
1: Stance punks- I wanna be (Soul eater 1st ending)

I liked all the songs from Soul Eater, or at least I can't remember if I didn't like any of em'.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2010, 03:49 AM
Hey bro now that's a classic! I would of had that song as one of my favs but I didn't want to list a song that someone under 25 wouldn't remember! But grate pick bro! For all of that "You are shock" the Opening song from Hokuto No Ken needs to be up as one of your picks too! But thanks for taking the time to post!!

Oh Wait! I just watched your pick and not to be a lame but the US ver of DBZ SUCKED ASS!!! Check out the Japanese opening 1 and 2, WAYYYYY BETTER!!! Now thats a classic!

Oh this coming from the guy who watches 5 different versions on Naruto and Bleach.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 06:07 AM
DBZ JP there had more Piccolo, so that's good, but check out the US opening - even with lyrics left lot to be desired - cut all the fat and got to the point in half the time.

Now if they could have only did that during Freeza ongoing never ending blah blah sagas. Cell lead up, etceteras.

Delete
Aug 15, 2010, 08:01 AM
You people have no taste in openings at all.

Going the lame Dragon Ball z way? I expected something more awesome from the legendary Nitro. :o

Hagaishi
Aug 15, 2010, 08:48 AM
Oh this coming from the guy who watches 5 different versions on Naruto and Bleach.

5 different versions?? Only 1 bro and thats subbed but hey, your still cool with me!
And yes!! The tunes from soul eater is all that! Like these two:

Diggy Mo - Bakusou Yume Uta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6y4wi_4Tps

Tommy Heavenly 6 - Paper Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEs2obTfv9Y

:-(But its a shame that they ended the anime at episode 61 and the manga still goes on till this day! Such a good anime:(

Shattered_weasel
Aug 15, 2010, 11:33 AM

Don't worry. You got someone in your corner. Japanese Dragon Ball Z was hilarious with bad voice acting and bad background music.

As for best opening...choose your cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuYP_t29nM

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzFfdEwy30

Weeaboolits
Aug 15, 2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o

You can't top Combattler V.

Sayara
Aug 15, 2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRHiue2sIM

the only. OP worth listening.

Maybe i'm lying. I enjoy it enticingly.

AC9breaker
Aug 15, 2010, 04:28 PM
My favorite OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

Hagaishi
Aug 15, 2010, 07:16 PM
My favorite OP

YouTube- ????????? Dragon Ball Z OP 3 - &quot;Bitch I Look Like Goku&quot; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q):lol:Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha:lol:

Nice picks guys! Havn't had time to play latey, Work and getting better at Adobe After Effects and Premear Pro so I can make better Manga vids had been taking my time up like crazy! But I cant wait till the next Naruto Shippuuden episode!!

DEM_CIG
Aug 15, 2010, 09:12 PM
Also I lke tis op ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1dm6-O2Us

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 11:46 PM
How did everyone forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn37puVYb1I

Delete
Aug 16, 2010, 07:21 AM
Love how Gambit is like flying near the end or getting stuck in the air lol. :wacko:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 16, 2010, 07:22 AM
Dunno how that guy got soo many fanboys. (okay fine getting all the Aces into a pack to buy at themall store was funny)

Also Batman opening, classic.

Wayu
Aug 16, 2010, 07:34 AM
Cue random interjection.

Currently watching [Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu] and [Ookami-san to Shichinin to Nakamatachi].

For OVAs, currently waiting on the next , [Evangelion RE-build], and the [00 Gundam] movie, along with possible more [Kure-Nai].

Waiting for next season's [Shakugan no Shana Third] and maybe a remake of [Rosario + Vampire] and a new season (eventually) of [To-Love-Ru].

Favorite anime include [B][Bakemonogatari], [Spice & Wolf], [Full Metal Panic?: Fumoffu], [Gintama], and [Shakugan no Shana].

-Wayu

Chukie sue
Aug 16, 2010, 09:24 PM
If I recall correctly, Kai is less bloody and there are more moments of pure, character driven awesome in the last couple of arcs. It is definitely not as depressing as the first season, though that is my personal opinion. Hey, I still think there could be some truth to that alien theory. :P Also, Rei is honestly my favorite part of the series. It has two hilarious episodes sandwiching a deep and thought provoking 3-part arc.

Ok, cool :p I really appreciate the input!

WoW! I really love yall guys! Seeing how theres alot of J-PoP fans on this site, let continue on with the showing off some of our fav Anime Opening and Ending music!

My Top 5 Bleach Op and ed songs:

1: Stereo Pony - Hitohira no Habira (Bleach Ending 17)

YouTube- Hitohira no Habira - Stereo Pony (Bleach Ending Nš 17) HQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLt5usfmsck)

2:YUI - Rolling star (Bleach Opening 5)

YouTube- YUI - Rolling Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZXGDCYLNTM)

3: Aqua Timez - Alones (Bleach Opening 6)

YouTube- ALONES- Aqua Timez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2ZTqUD4pI)

4: Daidai - Chatmonchy (Bleach Ending 12)

YouTube- BLEACH ENDING 12 FULL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kg1FI2CYb4)

5: D-Technolife - UVERworld (Bleach Opening 2)

YouTube- [JR-F] Uverworld - D-tecnolife (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH6w-TTZMDM)

And not to get off the main Topic, I've been watching:

Bleach Ep 283 (That one was hoTT!)
Naruto Shippuuden Ep 173
Hokuto No Ken Ep 67
Blassreiter Ep 2 (Its a new anime that I have started watching, has anyone seen it??)

I just wanted to add that I love yall guys picks!! Later I will be adding my fav picks for Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden as well as FMA new and old!

And I also wanted to add that yall guys are the coolest! Obaiyo mina!!8-)

Each of those songs is on my Walkman - I could probably sing them all perfectly >:D

Hagaishi
Aug 17, 2010, 11:33 AM
Just got Bleach 284!!!!

SO after I watch it I'll tell yall how it was!

And yea, Im a big fan of J-POP!!!

Anduril
Aug 19, 2010, 11:39 PM
Now for me to embarrass myself by telling of my like of romcoms and romdrams:
I just finished watching the Kaoru arc of Amagami SS, and, while I feel the end left a bit to be desired compared to the flash forward ending provided by the Haruka arc, I felt that the development between Junichi and Kaoru was more believable and overall I enjoyed it much more than the Haruka arc. One of my favorite parts was when Kaoru confessed her feelings: the whole scene was much like a wedding with the confessions being a lot like vows, which I thought was a cute touch. I really am enjoying the omnibus nature of this series.

Hagaishi
Aug 20, 2010, 04:39 AM
Ok Bleach 284 was hot! There was a lil filler in there giving up a peek in the lives of the espada while live down there in hecdo mondo but the rest of the episode stayed on track. Naruto 174 was kinda boring! Only because I had did the manga videos that had coverd them chapters. It was more story telling than anything. But seeing Naruto using his hart to make people do good is always cool. Hmm...other than that just working on a vid powerd by Afters Effects cs5 pertaining to me comming back to do manga videos so look out for that one!!!! Other than that work as always. So yall guys be cool and I'll holla at yall later!8-)

Oh yea just forgot, I had just read the newest chapter of Naruto and Bleach and will be doing a recap of them as well as soon as I get some sleep! Obaiyo mina!

Chukie sue
Aug 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
Im a little disapointed that OneManga shut down... Im several chapters behind now...

Hagaishi
Aug 20, 2010, 01:16 PM
Im a little disapointed that OneManga shut down... Im several chapters behind now...:cry:Tell me about it!:cry:

DoubleJG
Aug 21, 2010, 11:02 PM
My girlfriend and I are currently trying to finish Tokko and Mezzo. Once we finish those, we'll probably jump into Blood+ or Gunslinger Girl.

Outrider
Aug 22, 2010, 02:20 AM
YouTube- Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ Opening [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1dm6-O2Us)

Dear Japanese Animation,

It's videos like this that prevent mature adults from taking you seriously.

Love,

Outrider

Hagaishi
Aug 22, 2010, 12:41 PM
Dear Japanese Animation,

It's videos like this that prevent mature adults from taking you seriously.

Love,

Outrider:wacko:Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA hA! I just couldnt help m self!:wacko:

Pirrip
Aug 22, 2010, 05:12 PM
Kiddy Grade!

Hagaishi
Aug 22, 2010, 10:14 PM
For the 1st time ever, Naruto is leading in the polls!

DEM_CIG
Aug 22, 2010, 10:17 PM
Naruto is amazing, even though it has tons of fillers.

DragonForce
Aug 23, 2010, 06:21 AM
I could never get into Naruto. It felt stupid.

I'm watching:

-DBZ Kai
-Bleach
-Highschool of the Dead

Hagaishi
Aug 23, 2010, 07:45 AM
I could never get into Naruto. It felt stupid.

I'm watching:

-DBZ Kai
-Bleach
-Highschool of the Dead Bro you just don't know what your missing! If you don't read the manga or watch the anime, Your missing out on Animes best!!
Get back in to it!! Sasuke has Itaichi's eyes in him now, Naruto has powers like his dad if not better AND he's the descendant of the Sage of the six paths (The guy who brought ninjutsu to the Ninja world!) And everything else in between! And Bleach, Boy oh Boy!! All im gonna say is Ichigo just came back from training and Asens ass is his!! Ichigo looks much older now and has some black chain going up his arm!! The mangas are looking real good at the time. But what ever anime you watch don't do it to your self.......SUB only bro! Eng dubs are always edited or the translation is never right! But anyway thanks for commenting and stay cool bro!!8-)

DEM_CIG
Aug 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
Don't forget that Guy-sensei is actually a bad A** now. And High School of the Dead is really good to. Sengoku Basara, is pretty good I like the 1st season better than the second, but we will see when we reach the end of the second season.

Hagaishi
Aug 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
Don't forget that Guy-sensei is actually a bad A** now. And High School of the Dead is really good to. Sengoku Basara, is pretty good I like the 1st season better than the second, but we will see when we reach the end of the second season.I keep hearing about tha high school anime, I might have to download all the episodes and check it out! And what do you mean NOW???? Might Guy has always been the shit! (They just dont give him enough air time!) But thanks for taking the time to comment!

Oh yea, not to get off the topic:

Just watched Hokuto No Ken Ep 81

And I just watched the Trailer for the New Pokemon movie! Looks good seeing it has a good and bad Ash!!!

Ja mina!

Hitoshura
Aug 24, 2010, 04:03 AM
I'm supposed to be watching Railgun, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've also gotta finish a bunch of other anime like Casshern Sins, Clannad and Gun x Sword.

Hagaishi
Aug 24, 2010, 11:34 AM
I'm supposed to be watching Railgun, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've also gotta finish a bunch of other anime like Casshern Sins, Clannad and Gun x Sword.Ahh raligun, I've seen that and loved it! Enjoy my friend! (Qustion to everyone: If I was to post manga on here would I get in hot water??)

ashley50
Aug 24, 2010, 11:40 AM
Why would you post a manga?
What are you trying to accomplish by doing that?
Are you trying to prove something by posting them?

DEM_CIG
Aug 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
Ahh raligun, I've seen that and loved it! Enjoy my friend! (Qustion to everyone: If I was to post manga on here would I get in hot water??)

I don't have a problem with it (me being just myself). I am caught up with Naruto, Bleach and Air Gear. I started reading Onihime, which is just so so. I think it would be better to make a seperate thread for manga.

About my post earlier... Guy-sensei hasn't always been a Bad A**. You can't call someone a Bad A** until they do something Bad A**. He didn't do anything before 506. =P

Anduril
Aug 24, 2010, 12:02 PM
Ahh raligun, I've seen that and loved it! Enjoy my friend! (Qustion to everyone: If I was to post manga on here would I get in hot water??)
Yeah, you really shouldn't. Especially if it is something that is licensed and you are posting scanlations. I believe it falls under copyright infringement, and PSO-W doesn't want to deal with all that. Same reason it isn't a good idea to mention how you watch/obtain anime episodes.

Outrider
Aug 24, 2010, 12:11 PM

You already did that once and were told it was against the rules. Pay attention.

Also, if you love manga and anime so much, why don't you actually show some support of the creators and actually pay for it?

darkante
Aug 24, 2010, 12:41 PM
Currently i have taken a long break from Anime watching.
Bleach would be my usual show, but nothing now.

D. Gray Man were my favorite, but shame it ended like it did.

Hagaishi
Aug 25, 2010, 05:55 AM
Hmm.....You have a point how the mods on here are so stuck on rules! Your right I guess I wont! And to that "Other" comment, The year is 2010. If the government, wall street and every other fat cat is lying and stealing though there teeth to get money and to get ahead. Why oh why am I gonna pay for anything??? You know what I pay? I pay taxes, I pay a car note and I pay for school!! DO you really think that I'm gonna pay for anything that's FREE online! Ha! Hey I'm not poor but Ill be crazy to pay for stuff that's free! That's just how I feel, and from what the news shows that's how everyone else feels! I mean if you feel that bad about it bro, how bout email the top 2% of people in the US to give up not all just some of there money to save the US! Of course there not! But no gripes, I just wanted to share that with yall. Its hard out there and most of yall guys have mommy and daddy's money to play with. But the rest of us who works and goes to school out of there own pocket need every break that we can get! Don't hate me, just understand outside of that protected life that most of yall kids live in there a REAL world out there! Have a cool day!

Not to get of the topic:

Just watched Bleach 285 for free and keeping it for free and I'm loving it!
The episode was off the hook! One of the vizard bankied!! And a new person bankiing is something to see!
Im still waiting to see tosen turn to the fly in the anime(Yuk!) But it sucks that one of the most known Vizard is dying and seeing what happens in the manga, she's done for! Waiting for the newest naruto to come out...........

Oh one more thing: Might Guy since Naruto 1 has done all types of cool stuff! And in Shippuuden when he had his 1st fight with Kisme! (Off the chain) But as of late, no we haven't seen him! But next to Kakaishi, Might Guy is one of the hottest Old heads of konoha!

Obaiyo mina!

Outrider
Aug 25, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hmm.....You have a point how the mods on here are so stuck on rules! Your right I guess I wont! And to that "Other" comment, The year is 2010. If the government, wall street and every other fat cat is lying and stealing though there teeth to get money and to get ahead. Why oh why am I gonna pay for anything??? You know what I pay? I pay taxes, I pay a car note and I pay for school!! DO you really think that I'm gonna pay for anything that's FREE online! Ha! Hey I'm not poor but Ill be crazy to pay for stuff that's free!

You do realize that the people who create these shows and comics have to buy food for their families and pay for their car loans as well, right? How are they supposed to support themselves if nobody is buying advertising for the shows or buying the DVDs in stores?

This content isn't "free" just because you can get it without paying for it. You're taking content that you don't have the right to take.

That's just how I feel, and from what the news shows that's how everyone else feels! I mean if you feel that bad about it bro, how bout email the top 2% of people in the US to give up not all just some of there money to save the US! Of course there not! But no gripes, I just wanted to share that with yall. Its hard out there and most of yall guys have mommy and daddy's money to play with. But the rest of us who works and goes to school out of there own pocket need every break that we can get! Don't hate me, just understand outside of that protected life that most of yall kids live in there a REAL world out there! Have a cool day!

Okay, now you're just making yourself sound foolish.

Like most people, I also have to pay my rent and my car loan and all my other expenses every month. When there is something that I want but I cannot afford I simply don't get it.

I know, that's a crazy concept. Let me break it down for you:

You are not entitled to anything - you have no right to crappy anime and manga. Just because you want something does not mean you can or will have it. I'm sorry that you can't afford 300 episodes of Naruto - suck it up and deal with it. If you love the show so much then you should be paying for it and supporting the studio.

Honestly, it's not a hard concept.

amtalx
Aug 25, 2010, 02:39 PM
@Hagaishi: Everything is free when you steal it. That's the whole point of theft.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 25, 2010, 03:09 PM
Getting away from noise like Naruto, let's talk serious here for a second.

Remember Spirited Away? Howls Moving Castle? Well, the studio that brought you those and other memorable greats is thinking about shutting down (http://www.geekosystem.com/studio-ghibli-closing/), partially due to financial pressure.

Or what about Perfect Blue? Paranoia Agent? The man behind those just passed away yesterday. (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/moviecricket/50165998-66/kon-dream-hit-reality.html.csp)

We can sit here and look at Hagaishi make a fool of himself all we want, but I think we need to take a step back from the crap in this thread and remember some of the legends of the Anime world.

Outrider
Aug 25, 2010, 03:19 PM
I've actually only seen Perfect Blue and Paprika (and I barely remember Perfect Blue), but they were both impressive. It's a real shame that he died so young.

I've been trying not to think about the Studio Ghibli thing. Surely it must be some kind of cruel joke, right? (That's what I tell myself.)

It's also worth noting that Miyazaki showed some interest in doing a sequel to Porco Rosso, which is unfortunately the only Miyazaki-directed Ghibli film I haven't seen. I'll have to fix that soon.

Weeaboolits
Aug 25, 2010, 03:52 PM
This reminds me there's a bunch of Ghibli films I liked that I don't have on DVD yet, I should do my part and change that.

Perfect Blue was also one of my favorite movies, I haven't seen much of his other work, save for Paranoia Agent, though.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 25, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hagaishi should now go run off to buy Ponyo and watch it with his kids.

Its the Disney of Anime - value holding and all that.

Hagaishi
Aug 25, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hey guys I understand the whole "We should all buy stuff to keep things going" And yes I feel that we should show love for those who makes Anime/Manga cause they have bills to pay and yadda yadda yadda. But Let me ask you this: If you were walking down the street and saw a 100$ bill just chilling there. Yea it ain't yours, Yea you should try to find who it belongs to because they might need it more than you or even hell!Just keep walking cause you should work for yours anyway! But Im sorry, Im picking that thang up! No doubt! And that's just how I feel about that right there. Don't hate me cause yall pay for stuff that I don't. That's just how the world is. But hey who cares about who pays for stuff anyway? I think we should get pass this and go back to what this thread is all about! And I'm sorry if I offended anyone who likes to pay for everything and I'm just not! I didn't mean to.:no:

Now getting back on the topic:

I thought Princess Mononoki was the Disney Movie of Anime???

joefro
Aug 25, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hey guys I understand the whole "We should all buy stuff to keep things going" And yes I feel that we should show love for those who makes Anime/Manga cause they have bills to pay and yadda yadda yadda. But Let me ask you this: I you walking down the street and saw a 100$ bill just chilling there. Yea it ain't yours, Yea you should try to find who it belongs to or even hell and just keep walking cause you should work for yours! But Im sorry, Im picking that thang up! No doubt! And that's just how I feel about that right there. Don't hate me cause yall pay for stuff that I don't. That's just how the world is. But hey who cares about who pays for stuff anyway? I think we should get pass this and go back to what this thread is all about! And I'm sorry if I offended anyone who likes to pay for everything and I'm just not! I didn't mean to.:no:

That has to be the worst analogy in the world. Quit dodging the questions and just say that you like stealing things.

amtalx
Aug 25, 2010, 09:06 PM
@Hagaishi: Back when I was a student with no money I came up with all sorts of rationalizations to justify that I was stealing copyrighted material; however, I never deluded myself enough to the point where I didn't call it stealing. You aren't finding something that was lost, you are taking something that is intended to be sold. Your wretched logic has led you to believe that you aren't stealing because digital material is easily obtained and there are virtually no consequences for doing so.

I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't take an anime DVD from a store. Why? Fear of consequences, which shows that you know stealing is wrong, but your only deterrent is punishment.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
I thought Princess Mononoki was the Disney Movie of Anime???
Disney being the studio, Ponyo would be the Little Mermaid.

Take a look at what it is when not awaiting the next in the line of 100's of the same thing you've seen.

Hagaishi
Aug 27, 2010, 03:42 PM
Ok guys I give up! If yall call it stealing then ok. I mean some people would pick that bill up but I see that its not yall guys! Well thats cool. Call it what yall wanna call it. And no im not gonna go to a store and steal something. And yes in the same since its the same (Store and Net) So...........getting back to the topic at hand:

I just saw Naruto Shippuuden 175:

OMG! With out saying too much, for anyone who has been watching Naruto since he was a kid.....This one's gonna make you cry! Super good episode!!!! But what I will say is that it sucks that they changed up the fact that Tsunade in the manga went into a coma, But in the anime that hasnt happen yet! I guess the Anime will never be just like the manga! Oh well!!

I just read Bleach Manga Chapter 417:

I have no words for the awesomest that is Bleach! Ichigo is on a new lvl and I feel sorry for who ever is on the other end of zangetsu!!!

And also Naruto Shippuuden Manga Chapter 507:

More of the same(Fight vs Kisame and Might Guy) and ends the way everyone would thought it was gonna end. All I can say is the plot thickens! But WOW Naruto is the descendant of the Sage Of The Six Paths??!! That's crazy!!! Sasuke better be ready for this one! Naruto ain't a kid anymore!

Janna 8-)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2010, 05:19 PM
I still can't believe you follow along with the not-ninjas so much. Some of them aren't snot nosed punks or grow up eventually but they ain't none of the ninjas everyone else knows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCLqZOy6xt0

They may be employed to stop pirating, so nobody else has to pick up the tab - shits like car insurance, everyone else's rates go up to compensate for scams. :x And smaller studios of still great work not being seen close from no incoming money, while kids use their parents money to buy up the most popular snowboard ninja kids with cheapo bandana and a plastic engraved headbands so they'll never go out of business shippuden-baka-retardey-episode 4 crossover final mega battle until the next time we instant transmission subdubbed issues/movie 4422!!!

ashley50
Aug 27, 2010, 05:31 PM
Watched Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium Actress. One movie a day...

Hagaishi
Aug 27, 2010, 06:15 PM
they'll never go out of business shippuden-baka-retardey-episode 4 crossover final mega battle until the next time we instant transmission subdubbed issues/movie 4422!!!:DNow that was funny!!:-D

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2010, 06:31 PM
You're going to make me yell at some kids and get thrown out of something though.

They'll never take me into their scene of DBZ soap opera continuance filler episode fan flamboyance.

Poop spin or no poop spins.

They got me somewhere else, but I am also someone else so its fine:

[spoiler-box]http://h.imagehost.org/secure/0561/Gen_Sarutobi_The_3rd_Hokage_Naruto_By_Khaled_Antar .jpg[/spoiler-box]

Granted he looks more ninja black than most all of them. Partially acceptable.

Hagaishi
Aug 27, 2010, 11:56 PM
What that from the game? Nice pic!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 28, 2010, 12:44 AM
I won't tell you demon, for you shall steal its golden dubloons.

Hagaishi
Aug 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
Oh come on bro ha! I love yall guys!

Not to get off topic:

Has anyone seen Black Rock Shooter OVA yet?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://kazasou.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/insane-black-rock-shooter.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=742C6RezOw0
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.notcliche.com/lbw/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ffd7e632f5dcd1d5a6947eb8c1675bf6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You'll Love it!8-)

Outrider
Aug 28, 2010, 12:56 PM
Oh come on bro ha! I love yall guys!

Well, it's pretty clear not a lot of people are in love with you here.

Anywho, you guys know what anime was awesome back in the day?

Thundercats.

For some reason I've been thinking about how much I enjoyed it (even though it was kind of crappy in retrospect.)

Did you guys know that the theme song was composed by James Lipton of Inside the Actor's Studio?

Yeah, crazy stuff.

And I just realized that this show ended before many people on this forum were even born.

Hagaishi
Aug 28, 2010, 01:11 PM
you guys know what anime was awesome back in the day?

Thundercats. I miss that oldschool classic!

And just for note, I would care less for anyone who dont like me.
I didnt come here to be liked! I came for the love for Phansty Star and most of all anything dealing with sega! If you like me that cool, But if not then kick rocks!

P.s.
But thank you for the comment! Good or Bad!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 28, 2010, 07:13 PM
Well, it was the top pirated game last year(or one of, either way a lot), and Games for Windows Live had an easy enough workaround to allow pirated copies to play online.

So I won't really add another, even if they're stacked already with eyepatch booty plunder bums who have scurvy.

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 06:27 AM
I watched thundercats when it aired on Cartoon Network. My mom said that was my dad's favorite cartoon ever. I liked it.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 31, 2010, 04:05 PM
Watching Code Geas, Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuuden and Sekirei Second Engagement right now.

Hagaishi
Sep 1, 2010, 12:16 AM
Just watched Bleach 286:

It was blah! Really just a stor telling episode. Not too happy with the next episode being a filler but what can u do! But oh well, soon we'll see tosen turns into a fly! Cant wait!!

Hagaishi
Sep 3, 2010, 01:33 PM
Blah, Blah, Blah! Such a boring filler!:cry:

Sinue_v2
Sep 7, 2010, 04:42 AM
Just recently watched Spice & Wolf season 1 on Hulu, and I'm really digging it so far.

I guess FUNimation has the whole first season (subs only) up on their YouTube Channel as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgSSlMt4Yc&list=SL

I've also been watching Tetsuwan Birdy the Mighty: Decode. I guess it's technically not really that good of a series, but it's been a guilty pleasure of mine since seeing the OVAs years ago and I wanted to see more of the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL492HPCJJ4

Also saw an episode of Murder Princess and Romeo x Juliet and wasn't impressed with either of them. Might check out The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou since I'm not particularly a fan of Alexander Dumas's works and the liberties taken with the original story won't bother me as much.

Oh, and I saw that Satoshi Kon (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/arts/design/26kon.html) died recently, so I went back and rewatched Magnetic Rose from "Memories" and Perfect Blue. Goddamned, anime has lost one of it's greats, and will he be missed.

I'm sure most people here remember this work of his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

Hagaishi
Sep 7, 2010, 02:23 PM
Just finished watching Hokoto No Ken Episode 97:

OMG!! To find out that the last Nano Star/Person is none other than Yuria!!
The woman that Kenshiro thought to be dead!(who's also the woman he loves!)
And now his brother (Raoh) found out that its she who is the last Nano Star!
Both men wants her! One out of love and the other out of greed! Who will win???
Kenshiro or Ken-oh??? I cant wait!!!:-P

Oh by the way, Aladden... I mean Bleach 287 is out!
Hmm.....How could I put this....If it wasnt for the fact that Bleach as a manga have been out for 10 years and today is its B-Day I would have alot of bad things to say about this weeks time wasting episode! But Im not! What I will say is, I cant wait for the next Episode/Chapter of Bleach!
Was the episode any good?? Not really. Was it funny or kinda of funny?? Yea. Am Im ready for a REAL episode of Bleach?? Hell yea!
Well I'll just wait till one comes out to talk about it! Unless you have every last episode of Bleach (Like me) And just has to have it. Then go get it!
Other than that lets say :beer:HAPPY BIRTH DAY BLEACH!!!!:beer: And be happy that the Anime/Manga dosen't suck like todays episode!!

Looking forward to seeing the newest episode of Naruto Shippuuden this week!!!!!:-D

8-)Obaiyo mina!

DragonForce
Sep 7, 2010, 06:21 PM
I'm still waiting for gogoanime to get a subbed version of the latest DBZ: Kai episode. This shit is unprecedented...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 7, 2010, 07:10 PM
What the hell is Wolf and Spice supposed to even be about anyway? It looks kinda boring.

Alnet
Sep 7, 2010, 08:21 PM
I lied. Sometime during the last summer, I also watched Gundam 00 but forgot about it, since it didn't leave much of an impact on me. Between raping science continuously without a shred of remorse, giving the characters I didn't care about or didn't like the most airtime, giving the characters I liked the least airtime, killing the characters I wanted to live, and arbitrarily saving characters I wanted to die, I can say that 00 really isn't high up on my list of preferred Gundam series.

Anyhow, sometime in the last few weeks, I finished Mobile Fighter G Gundam, which was alright. Aside from the completely insane concluding episodes, and some moments where Touhoufuhai totally destroyed my suspension of disbelief, I really enjoyed it (not to say that I didn't enjoy how ludicrous the ending was, but when Touhoufuhai first appeared, I literally had to get up and take a walk because of how insane it was). "俺のこの手が赤に燃える、勝利を掴め轟く叫ぶ" indeed.

Since I'm out of Gundam series to watch unless I want to rewatch something, it's time to watch some other anime in my spare time. Seeing as I don't own it on DVD (it's on my comp, so I can format it to my PSP), and it's fairly short, I've started watching Kamen no Maid Guy. It's by far one of the most pointless anime I've seen in quite some time, but I can't stop watching it for some reason. Maybe that reason is the nonstop pantyshots. That's probably it.

Hagaishi
Sep 9, 2010, 12:00 AM
I'm still waiting for gogoanime to get a subbed version of the latest DBZ: Kai episode. This shit is unprecedented...I cant lie it was Dragon Ball not Z, that got me into Anime when I was young. How I love that Anime!

Oh and I just watched Eden of the East the Movie II Paradise Lost, That was cool.
Still waiting for the newest Chapters of Naruto and Bleach mangas. Obaiyo mina.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 9, 2010, 01:40 AM
I cant lie it was Dragon Ball not Z, that got me into Anime when I was young. How I love that Anime!

This, and the first Sailor Moon Series. Y'know. With only 5 Sailor Scouts. At like 6 in the morning.

Anyway, I'm watching Fist of the North Star as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0

Late, as always. I know.

Hagaishi
Sep 9, 2010, 07:48 AM
This, and the first Sailor Moon Series. Y'know. With only 5 Sailor Scouts. At like 6 in the morning.

Anyway, I'm watching Fist of the North Star as well.

YouTube - Fist of the North Star - Hokuto Shinken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0)

Late, as always. I know.What episode your on?? And the coolest thing is after episode 109 part 2 begins with Bart and Lynn being older!!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 10, 2010, 01:04 AM
What episode your on?? And the coolest thing is after episode 109 part 2 begins with Bart and Lynn being older!!

Oh XD I haven't gotten the chance to watch the series yet. I do plan on it, meant to say I saw the movie.

Hagaishi
Sep 10, 2010, 02:16 PM
Oh XD I haven't gotten the chance to watch the series yet. I do plan on it, meant to say I saw the movie. The movie is a classic! (The Anime movie not the live action)8-)

Tyreek
Sep 10, 2010, 02:25 PM
Oh XD I haven't gotten the chance to watch the series yet. I do plan on it, meant to say I saw the movie.

Just keep in mind. The second story arc(episode 109 and up) is gonna suffer continuity issues. Oh, and there's a certain antagonist whose voice I just LOVE because its so slaptstick and quirky. You'll know what I mean soon. ;)

Hagaishi
Sep 10, 2010, 02:35 PM
Just keep in mind. The second story arc(episode 109 and up) is gonna suffer continuity issues. Oh, and there's a certain antagonist whose voice I just LOVE because its so slaptstick and quirky. You'll know what I mean soon. ;)I know exactly what your talking about and he is a riot! Im on episode 117 so far and its soo hott to see lynn and Bart taking it to them! But the new bad guys are kinda weak compared to the Nano Stars!

Not to get off of topic:
Naruto shippuuden 176, was still a filler but you just gotta love Naruto as a kid!
I also just read Naruto Shippuuden Manga Chapter 509, And it was hott! The fight between Konan and Madera begains! Who's gonna win??
Bleach Manga chapter 419 was off the F-ing hook! Im just mad that when Ichigo was gonna let his "Final Getsuga Tenshou" rip it was over! Oh well thats just makes the next chapter even better!!

Anyway let me get back to playing Halo Reach (HoTT as Hell) Obaiyo mina!

Zeek123
Sep 11, 2010, 12:30 AM
I'm enjoying FMA: Brotherhood quite a bit more than the original series. Not that the first show was bad or anything, but I think the original storyline is much better.