PDA

View Full Version : It wont take my debt/atm/visa card

Zae
Mar 7, 2003, 10:14 AM
WTF it keep on tells me to enter a valid card and it is a valid card my exsperation date and everythjing is alright but yet it still says ENTER A FREAKEN VALID CARD
Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
Can someone help?
Will anyone anwser this?
Do u suck if you dont help?

Yeah and i know i cant spell thats the only thing thats not perfect about me

Zeebo
Mar 7, 2003, 11:20 AM
umm are you sure ur putting everything correctly??

Rich_T
Mar 7, 2003, 02:10 PM
Where are you ( EU/US???)
what type of card are you trying to use? (switch/visia/solo???)

incognito32
Mar 7, 2003, 02:16 PM
try all capitals, and middle initial, if on the card.

Zae
Mar 7, 2003, 03:03 PM
Im in the US
Using my Debt/atm/Visa card
And yeah its all correct

Zeebo
Mar 7, 2003, 03:11 PM
What site are you ordering it from?

Rich_T
Mar 7, 2003, 03:12 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the north american sign up (HL payment) site only acepts Credit cards.
most ATM cards are Debit cards only.
a debit card takes the money stright out of your bank account
a credit card means you get a bill.

To add to the confusion some credit card companys also offer debit card facilities.

Your only solution is to use a Credit card that you recieve a bill for

if you dont have a credit card and you are underage, you will have to borrow your parents, making sure that you pay them back ( asuming theyve got one and more importantly if they wil let you )

if your old enough (18+?) you should be able to get one, look for one with low interest rates, and Make sure you keep up with re-payments

Zae
Mar 8, 2003, 03:01 AM
My debit card has a visa logo and if you read the FAQ on the web site it says that as long as it has the logo it will be fine.
thats what it said atleaaaaaaast

And i still cant spell

Muku6
Mar 8, 2003, 03:59 AM
The logo on it does matter. I have my debit card on my HL account. They work fine, well, mine does. I've heard of people having problems entering theirs though. But just because it's a debit card and is directly taken from your account doesn't mean it would affect whether Sega would take it or not. They don't care if you receive a bill or not, they just want your money. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rich_T
Mar 8, 2003, 05:02 AM
some times it has acepted Debit cards with the visa logo on, at other times there have been problems, like you are expeiriencing.
my only sugestion would be to get a credit card, either mastercard or visa to be 100% sure.
For some reason, unlike the US HL payment site, the European HL payment is acepting debit cards, credit cards, an maybe other forms of payment.

i dont care about poor spelling, as long as you can read and understand what the text says, it doesnt realy matter that much, your not at school/work, your not doing an exam, so dont worry.

Cedric_Greene
Mar 8, 2003, 12:33 PM
Taken directly from the sticky thread at the top of the page:
"07Q: I can connect to the internet just fine, but I cannot purchase a Hunter's License! I keep getting denied. Why?
07A: There are a few possible answers. The first is that your credit card company is blocking Sega's "test charges" to your account, which would essentially put a hold on some of your funds and affect your available balance. This seems to happen commonly with Visa check cards issued by small or independent banks, but it can also occur with regular credit cards. The first thing you should do is call your credit card company, or your bank, and ask them why the charges from the respective vendor were denied. The charge should appear as "VISA-SEGA PSO GAMING" or something along those lines on your account. If they explain it to you, tell them that you want the transaction to be allowed through, and try again. If they say that they did not deny any such charges, call Sega at 1-512-231-2429 to talk to one of their representatives, but only if you called your creditor/bank first! They are open Monday through Friday, from 8:30AM to 5:30PM, if I remember correctly. (The former Sega customer service number, 1-800-USA-SEGA, is now exclusively an automated Sega legacy system tech support line. You will not be able to talk to a live person if you use that number.) You may wind up having to buy your Hunter's License over the phone, but once you have purchased it, it renews until you cancel your contract. You will not have to call Sega every month to renew your HL."
Did you contact your bank about the test charges?

Zae
Mar 10, 2003, 10:15 AM
Nm all that doesnt matter im online and so happy