PDA

View Full Version : Luck

RabbidRappy
Aug 1, 2010, 06:54 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what luck is good for? I've figured it most likely just makes good things happen more often, but never knew for sure. Should I be using up slots for luck increasing units or is it better to have other units? Thanks.

MKL122788
Aug 1, 2010, 07:14 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what luck is good for? I've figured it most likely just makes good things happen more often, but never knew for sure. Should I be using up slots for luck increasing units or is it better to have other units? Thanks.

I believe Luck increase melee critical hit chance, as well as the chance to freeze with the barta series.

Crysan
Aug 2, 2010, 01:22 AM
Luck does increase critical chance, however freezing chances depend on MST.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 2, 2010, 01:37 AM
Luck adding units will save you a lot of material usage to put into other areas - to attempt to max out the ones you can or are trying to go toward.

Splash
Aug 2, 2010, 02:48 AM
I believe Luck increase melee critical hit chance,
This. Except it doesn't have to be melee.

as well as the chance to freeze with the barta series.
No.

however freezing chances depend on MST.
Big no.

Aug 2, 2010, 06:39 AM
It determines your critical hit rate. Your chance to critical can be approximated by luck/4 (I believe people tested giving someone 400 luck and they didn't always critical, but it's a good approximation for the values you can actually have).

DC_PLAYER
Aug 2, 2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.ragol.co.uk/guides/EEEAVulpVlnHWvzJmb.shtml

noh
Aug 2, 2010, 03:29 PM
Luck adding units will save you a lot of material usage to put into other areas - to attempt to max out the ones you can or are trying to go toward.

Except that it is much harder to add to Luck using units than other stats. Angel/Luck only adds 5 to Luck. Metal/Body adds 30 to Defense, Ogre Power adds 15 to Attack Power, and Elf/Legs adds 40 to Evade.

Even God/Luck only adds 10 to Luck. That is pathetic. You can save a lot more materials using a God/Body than you can with a God/Luck.

Using units other than Hero/Ability and God/Ability to max out Luck is a waste of a unit slot, and those units help max out the other stats too.

Therefore, Luck materials have the highest value of all the materials, in terms of maxing out stats, and should always be given priority over other materials.

Evade materials are the ones with lowest value, not just because Evade rarely works, but also because Evade is the stat that can be increased the most with units.

Splash
Aug 2, 2010, 04:43 PM
Even God/Luck only adds 10 to Luck.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=462&sortby=name

Description: "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts LCK by 30 when equipped"

zombiemoshpit84
Aug 2, 2010, 08:02 PM
Luck does increase critical chance, however freezing chances depend on MST.

your chance to freeze depends on the barta techs lv vs the enemys ice resistance. or so im told. im sure MST has nothing to do with status such as freeze or shock.

Cranberry
Aug 2, 2010, 08:27 PM
We know that freeze chance of a monster being frozen is not based on their ice resistance. The proof is that 100 ice resist enemies are no harder to freeze than 0 ice resist enemies.

Gibarta and Rabarta level, I honestly don't know if that plays a role or not.