PDA

View Full Version : This is sorta good for rare finding ^^

BlizzardAndroid
Mar 7, 2003, 10:53 AM
How To Upper the Chances of a new RARE:

Give all your rares except body part rares to your other character. "Rares in stash too".

My reasons and studies of this, is absolute true...
First of all, if u have a rare... Your chance of finding it uppers. As I noticed, getting rid of rares will end its confirm that you will find it easily... What im saying is, you have it you will get it instead of any other possibilities!!!

I transferred 28 rares, it confirmed that i did not have them before when it saves. I then found Fatsia, Sigh of a god, Red handgun, and 2 measily old Kaladbolg.

Congradulations, rares are easier to find! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I dont know about requirements, but I was LVL.89...
But good luck to all!!! Happy Rare Finding! I only spent 4 days so far.... BUT FOUND DRAGON's CLAW!!!

To tell us how well this works! I'm putting in a Poll. Remember this, work on this theory for 2-3 days first. Then submit Poll...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlizzardAndroid on 2003-03-07 07:55 ]</font>

Zeebo
Mar 7, 2003, 11:24 AM
worked for me i found dance blades and club of loconium eww but still!

TeamPhalanx
Mar 7, 2003, 12:32 PM
Total BS.

Guntz348
Mar 7, 2003, 01:33 PM
On 2003-03-07 09:32, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Total BS.

LOL probably yes it is BS. I doubt the game is going to somehow feel bad for you because you don't have any rares and just kick you few to make you feel better.

Zeebo
Mar 7, 2003, 03:13 PM
maybe cowinsidence <-- omg i forgot how to spell that word

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 7, 2003, 09:16 PM
I wonder if there is ever going to be a section on the site for BS theories like these. Next they'll be saying to check your horoscope to find the days that you will find (insert uber rare item here).

Cl0ud
Mar 10, 2003, 05:29 PM
Why would the game feel sorry for you if u dont have any rares? thats utter bs.

SuperCube
Mar 10, 2003, 08:22 PM
It's a game from Sonic Team. Of course it'll feel sorry for you.

I gotta try that though. Maybe it'll work. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Vic_Viper
Mar 11, 2003, 10:15 AM
Hey ... This BS can even make some sense, if the player is playing online ... HOW ? Just think about it:
- Sonic team earns money from you people being hooked in the game.
- You might have your interest in playing it reduced by not finding interesting items...
- The game server might give you a help with the item boxes as it chooses the maps from the server database. (I believe they modify that item maps in a montly basis (each maint I think) That only affect the items in the boxes. Items from monsters are random.
- It can give boost on the chances of better items be droped by monsters maybe ? Remember how bad it was if a V2 detected a gameshark save in any of your dreamcast VMUs. Even if it was deleted from the VM unit ...

That's it ... This might be or not a BS ... Still I don't have a GC to test ... But keep in mind that Sonic Team has interest in keeping people hooked in the game ... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Janus33
Mar 11, 2003, 11:48 AM
hes not saying that the game will feel sorry for you, hes saying that its more likely to find an item you already have then to find one you don't already have, hence, when you transfer them away, it says you don't have them, and it will be back to the original chances of finding each rare item. I think it may be true i haven't had a chance to test it yet

TeamPhalanx
Mar 11, 2003, 11:57 AM
It's nonsense because the game doesn't analyze the items in the bank. Think about it. S-Ranks banned you early on if you had it with you; however, if you had it in the bank, it didn't do anything.

Brundidge
Mar 11, 2003, 12:06 PM
Hey maybe this is really true guys! Ever since I started a Skyly HUcast the first rare I found was Flowen's Sword. I put it in my inventory and then in the next run another Flowens! I put that in my inventory and went on several more runs and guess what? Several more Flowens! Keeeerikeee!

.:happy mode off now:.

BS
Rares dropping is based on the item actually dropping, not having the gamecube know how many rares you have then start hunting. If that were true I'd have a whole bank of Flowens right now (or maybe I already have?). Like how you use the word 'upper' though.