PDA

View Full Version : Battle and challenge questions.

StaticWings19
Aug 2, 2010, 11:45 PM
Been thinking about doing more than just the usual parties and stuff so i just want to clear some stuff up before jumping in to a whole new aspect of the game.

Battle Mode:
> i know from playing with a friend offline a very long time ago that when you die you drop your equipped weapon. Do you get these back at the end of the fight or if you quit Online?
I want to have some fun PvP but dont want to loose my items (and while im pretty sure you do get them back, id rather check first)

> Do you get anything from it? other than temporary (i hope) use of your opponents weapons do you get anything from battle mode?

> THOSE DAMN DELSABERS!!! they can walk through the doors for christs sake!!!
anyways. can you kill them like normal (last time i tried i was LV 20 or something and they slaughtered me) And do they respawn after you kill them? are there other enemies in other fields?

Challenge mode:
i know a tad more about this bit but am still uncertain

>Clarification, You start at Lv 1 with only a hand gun and a frame and need to work your way through the entire game. when you finish, quit, or leave, all your stuff is back to normal. [Y] or [N]?

> Do you need to do it all in one go? can you do it in chunks like forrest one today and forrest two tommorow? can i go do other stuff and restart where i left off?

>do i keep any items that i find during challenge mode? say i stumble upon a rare item that i really want during my quest. do i lose it when the challenge is over?

any information anyone can give me on these topics would be much appreciated!

Splash
Aug 3, 2010, 02:28 AM
Battle Mode:
> i know from playing with a friend offline a very long time ago that when you die you drop your equipped weapon. Do you get these back at the end of the fight or if you quit Online?
I want to have some fun PvP but dont want to loose my items (and while im pretty sure you do get them back, id rather check first)

> Do you get anything from it? other than temporary (i hope) use of your opponents weapons do you get anything from battle mode?

> THOSE DAMN DELSABERS!!! they can walk through the doors for christs sake!!!
anyways. can you kill them like normal (last time i tried i was LV 20 or something and they slaughtered me) And do they respawn after you kill them? are there other enemies in other fields?
1. You don't lose the items. Likewise, you don't get to keep any of the items either. Note also that only some rules drop weapons when you die; not all of them do that.

2. You don't get any reward out of it. The position you earned will be saved on your character's record. The number of times you won will be displayed over your character's head when you are in the lobby.

3. Can't kill the Delsabers like normal unless you want to die. They can be killed though and they won't respawn after they are dead; it just isn't worth it.

Challenge mode:
i know a tad more about this bit but am still uncertain

>Clarification, You start at Lv 1 with only a hand gun and a frame and need to work your way through the entire game. when you finish, quit, or leave, all your stuff is back to normal. [Y] or [N]?

> Do you need to do it all in one go? can you do it in chunks like forrest one today and forrest two tommorow? can i go do other stuff and restart where i left off?

>do i keep any items that i find during challenge mode? say i stumble upon a rare item that i really want during my quest. do i lose it when the challenge is over?
1. Each stage has a pre-default set of conditions you begin with, depending on your character class. Once you get to the end and get back to the lobby, you'll get back your original inventory. That basically means, like Battle mode, nothing you get in the stage is saved.

2. You need to go through a stage all at once. Once you complete the stage, you need to go back to the lobby and quit for the stage to save as part of your progress.

3. You aren't going to get any "rare" items in Challenge mode. You'll probably come across high percent weapons though (which is normal). In any case, like I said before, nothing you get in the stage is saved.

StaticWings19
Aug 3, 2010, 07:28 AM
thanks a bunch! this clears up alot!

One more question about challenge mode.

if you start with a goup. do you need to continue and finish with those people? or can people drop out and other people join in when you start a new stage?

Jaspaller
Aug 3, 2010, 01:08 PM
It doesn't have to be the same group. Just as long as the group has same stages or more unlocked, you can do that stage. If you have someone who's not up to that stage it will restrict you to whatever the lowest person has done. So if you have 3 characters at stage 5 and one at stage 3, you will be limited to doing stages 1-3 only.