PDA

View Full Version : So there is this girl - What attracts you to a girl?

Saladwood
Mar 7, 2003, 02:07 PM
I have this friend of mine, a girl. Now it happens, and I'm not exaggerating, that almost every other guy she meets or talks to starts having crushes on her and liking her despite her doing anything. She's not flirty, bouncy whatever, she's straight up and she's not a slut, and this is despite her looks. Not saying she looks bad, because she doesn't, but some of these guys have never seen her picture and they talk to her on the net and start liking her, a lot! Other guys in RL do the same thing. I've been wondering why for a long time for pure curiousity.

So what about a girl is attractive to you? That charms you and makes you like her, want to be near her like she's a magnet?

Gartywood
Mar 7, 2003, 02:16 PM
well the most likely answer is that she's straight up and not a slut. She probably also has a very fun personality. The kind of person that never just sits around and does nothing constantly on the move...I mean thats basically what i find attractive about the girls that i am really attracted to without much flirting, etc

MonkeyFunky
Mar 7, 2003, 02:17 PM
She might just be saying the right things at the right times.

Also, a guy might appreciate one's honesty and find it refreshing. It might be misinterpreted, however, resulting in a crush for that person.

R

neko-chan
Mar 7, 2003, 02:19 PM
It's the same thing that happens to me. I mean: every girl seems to want to jump into my pants.

Dunno why, it's just I rule too much or something.

Fo shizzle!

Guntz348
Mar 7, 2003, 02:21 PM
I'd say as far as personality goes, it'd have to be a great sence of humor and overall down-to-earth-ness. Theres certain things that you just can't describe. For example have you ever met someone or know a girl or if your a girl a guy, who you could just look in there eyes and you just feel a profound connection? Personally I've always like that sweet cute and innocent girl next door type, but I'm a freak like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The whole slutty type is total turn off to me. I geuss I'd have to say I'd more be looking for a nuturing personality. Someone who understands things about me that even I dont understand, and visa versa. That person who can finish or say your sentence thats in your head before you can. Something along those lines I think. I been goin on about 22 hours with out sleep so this is the best I can do right now.

Ness
Mar 7, 2003, 04:07 PM
Tome there has to be a mixture of good looks, personality, and intelligence for me to like a girl.

Auracom
Mar 7, 2003, 04:14 PM
The girl needs to be able to laugh, and start conversations. Looks will fade, but conversations just get better and better over time.

Foggy_Pete
Mar 7, 2003, 04:53 PM
it might be because shes average. guys who have had high hopes that have never been rewarded (all of us) may find her in their reach and end up having a crush on her

ShieldDragon
Mar 7, 2003, 05:24 PM
Maybe this girl Saladwood is talking about is just generally a nice person? I have a friend like that... she's just nice, laid back, and easy to be around. She's not a 10 or anything, but she pulls her share of guys.

The accessability theory mentioned before might also be something to consider...

Personally, I can find something attractive, or relatively good, in most girls I meet. What makes me stick to a girl like a magnet? I'll tell you when I find her.

Daikarin
Mar 7, 2003, 07:08 PM
Well, Salladwood... something similar happened to my first real crush, except that not that many guys liked her.
She was a splendid person, a very sweet girl. She wasn't the cutest of all, or the "hottest", but she was very pure and simple. Very feminine, very gentle... Without being able to explain, I fell in love. And it was the first real time. All those other crushes were due to that girl being cute or etc...
When I got time to think about it, it was her personality which was very rare to find on a girl nowadays.
Sometimes something invisible attracts us towards a person... maybe it is her spiritual wealthy status?
That's what true love is all about.

...At least it's what I think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

FinalMasterM
Mar 7, 2003, 07:25 PM
I like cute girls, glasses help. Long dark hair, going down to their shoulder. Shy, but has things to talk about and likes to listen as well. I guess that answers your question.

Saladwood
Mar 7, 2003, 09:43 PM
Here's the thing, in rl, I wouldn't be surprised. She's the kind of girl who will turn heads whereever she goes.

On the net, they don't see her, I know she never shows her pictures and when she speaks to guys they seem to be dropping like flies, all having crushes on her. She is a really nice person though, she is very independent, she's got herself figured out. But she's not the normal kinda nice walk all over me nice, nor is she the tee hee giggly girl kind of nice. She's straight up and will tell you you're a moron if you are. She'll say no if she means no and won't say yes just to be nice, ya know? Like a lot of girls? So Foggypete, she's not average, she's not like most girls. Maybe I just answered myself. Maybe a lot of guys are attracted to her because she's whole, she's figured herself out. Maybe it's the conquest factor of it all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-03-07 18:50 ]</font>

pixelate
Mar 7, 2003, 10:10 PM
On 2003-03-07 18:43, PSOSaladWood wrote:
Maybe it's the conquest factor of it all.

I think it's that.

Blenjar
Mar 8, 2003, 12:12 AM
Could be funny and joints, I dunno, cool?

pixelate
Mar 8, 2003, 12:41 AM
On 2003-03-07 11:07, PSOSaladWood wrote:
So what about a girl is attractive to you? That charms you and makes you like her, want to be near her like she's a magnet?

Eww... Sorry, I dont swing that way...

Whoever just posted this, something's funky with your account. I need you to contact me on AIM: PixelDissonance

Vantamiath
Mar 8, 2003, 02:24 AM
An ass so tight you could bounce a quarter off it.

What I was just being honest.

Sashi
Mar 8, 2003, 03:26 AM
On 2003-03-07 21:41, pixelate wrote:

On 2003-03-07 11:07, PSOSaladWood wrote:

Eww... Sorry, I dont swing that way...

Whoever just posted this, something's funky with your account. I need you to contact me on AIM: PixelDissonance

Yea, that was me. Dunno what went kaplooies.

LollipopLolita
Mar 8, 2003, 03:47 AM
safari went kabloiiee

Kent
Mar 8, 2003, 04:27 AM
Intelligence above all else.

A pretty face is just icing on the cake.

SorceressofTime
Mar 8, 2003, 05:48 AM
man, all your responses.. *cries and runs away*

geewj
Mar 8, 2003, 06:05 AM
I think this person in question is just a nice person. Thats just my opinion anyways.

As far as what I like in a girl, ....kind, smart, good sense of humor. Pretty basic stuff I guess, but it has to mesh well with me too, which makes it not so basic i guess.

RedFox
Mar 8, 2003, 06:13 AM
On 2003-03-07 11:17, MonkeyFunky wrote:

Also, a guy might appreciate one's honesty and find it refreshing.

amen... when girls are concerned i'd rather be told the truth rather then be led on up a path to nowhere... (as happens so often)

Abaddon
Mar 8, 2003, 06:16 AM
Positivity, talkative and fun-loving all the way.
looks are a bonus ^_^

raiden999
Mar 8, 2003, 09:57 AM
whether or not they actually talk to me, and if so, a good personality

Ness
Mar 8, 2003, 10:12 AM
On 2003-03-08 02:48, SorceressofTime wrote:
man, all your responses.. *cries and runs away*

8goes over to Sorceress

Are you okay? Do you need to cry on my shoulder?

Kay
Mar 9, 2003, 07:12 AM
Uhm. accesibility theory is quite a possibility. Girls who are cute but close to average with kind, 'approachable' personalities tend to get a lot of attention from guys who doubt their own...charisma I suppose, lol.

The other thing is that there are some girls who just radiate a certain...something...

*music starts*

Oh no, no music, cut it! *record scratch* No singing in this thread. But, they do. Whatever the reason, they just attract attention. Sorry, I know that isn't an explanation, but I can't really be more detailed than that.

Abaddon
Mar 9, 2003, 07:39 AM
*Snigger*

Phobos-X
Mar 11, 2003, 07:39 AM
tig ole bitties and a phat ole ass!

Guntz348
Mar 11, 2003, 07:43 AM
Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near?