PDA

View Full Version : Who's still going to play?

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 17, 2010, 11:34 PM
Okay, now that the US demo has magically come out of nowhere (I am still in shock and currently downloading it), a lot of us are more or less likely going to shift to it, do what we can and then back to JP PSPo2.

And then once the full game comes out, a lot of movement is going to happen.

The question is, how many of you, who have and are playing JP PSPo2, are still going to play JP PSPo2 once the full game comes out?

I for one, will most likely continue to play the JP version until the US one comes out. Then I will put off the JP one and play the US one til some achievement of some sort. After that, I might go back to playing the JP version only to occasionally switch over to the US one for reference or if I forgot what something is translated to.

Frankly, the Jp version has always come out on top purely due to DLC (in my opinion).

Typestatic
Aug 17, 2010, 11:50 PM
*raises hand* Oh no I didn't!

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 17, 2010, 11:54 PM
I think you did

Ami
Aug 18, 2010, 12:04 AM
I'll probably be playing both. First US then Jpn. Since atm I really haven't found anything pressing to do for the jpn copy. But if an event rolls around on the jpn copy, then my time will go to that.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 18, 2010, 12:12 AM
THe only thing thats keeping me playing the JP version is looking for weapons, trying to level up and its not in english (how that contributes, idk, wanted to throw something in here)

GUARDIANDNL
Aug 18, 2010, 12:44 AM
i will keeping playing psp2 jp...simple cause i put a lot of time and money to the to leave it and i love my characters....of course i get the us version too ...here i´m the only one of my playgroup who bought the jp game...

but i think i´ll play more on the jp side than the us....

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 18, 2010, 01:06 AM
i will keeping playing psp2 jp...simple cause i put a lot of time and money to the to leave it and i love my characters....of course i get the us version too ...here i´m the only one of my playgroup who bought the jp game...

but i think i´ll play more on the jp side than the us....

Yes! XD

Izuna
Aug 18, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm not going to play the USA version, since there's pretty much no point for me (unless a new circle of friends appear).

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 18, 2010, 01:52 AM
I'm not going to play the USA version, since there's pretty much no point for me (unless a new circle of friends appear).

I get what you mean I think. Cuz it just may be the lot of us on here already who be playing the US version

Izuna
Aug 18, 2010, 01:55 AM
I get what you mean I think. Cuz it just may be the lot of us on here already who be playing the US version

I can read Japanese; and besides, if I were to get an English version I would get a PAL version,

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 18, 2010, 02:02 AM
I'm starting to pick up on the characters being used in PSPo2 JP

I will play the US version (Emilia got x3 more annoying) but I shall remain sided with the JP version

Xelor
Aug 18, 2010, 06:07 AM
It would be amazing if the JP servers were to open for the US and EU versions, just so that you're able to play with people who refuse to give up their JP characters. It would also keep online play a bit more alive.

Wayu
Aug 18, 2010, 06:26 AM
I won't play the US version. I'm scared to death of English dubbers for Japanese games...also, simply too used to reading in Japanese and not letting almost 200 hours of killing time go to waste.

Unless what Xelor just said happens. But it's probably not, knowing SEGA.

-Wayu

Dragwind
Aug 18, 2010, 07:17 AM
I'll be sticking to the US version exclusively. Playing a game in another language subtracts from the experience for me, and I'm a supporter of getting games to be translated and distributed in the first place.

Xelor
Aug 18, 2010, 08:18 AM
It is possible for PSP games to be able to play in other countries, even iPod Touch apps that go online multiplayer. I would assume that it wouldn't be too much of a big deal if we were able to play with Japan. The only thing that would mess up the game is if they choose a DLC mission, unless the game is built to download any mission that you don't have. DLC outfits wouldn't be seen anyways until it is available.

I hope SEGA lets us. If not, I guess I can still be happy, but it would be nice to have another server to lean on if the game's online community starts dying down.

Izuna
Aug 18, 2010, 08:32 AM
It is possible for PSP games to be able to play in other countries, even iPod Touch apps that go online multiplayer. I would assume that it wouldn't be too much of a big deal if we were able to play with Japan. The only thing that would mess up the game is if they choose a DLC mission, unless the game is built to download any mission that you don't have. DLC outfits wouldn't be seen anyways until it is available.

I hope SEGA lets us. If not, I guess I can still be happy, but it would be nice to have another server to lean on if the game's online community starts dying down.

Holy shit; Phantasy Star Portable 2's Japanese server is based in Japan, (the 360 one is too, which is why we get 56k Connection). The server holds information about updates, which are all in Japanese; DLC, which are all in Japanese; and character information, which is supposed to help SEGA find out information about the Japanese players.

There is no way that the US version will connect to that server, with all of the Japanese content connected to the server.

Yes, they could check the region and whatever, and find a workaround, but this is SEGA; they're lazy.

Xelor
Aug 18, 2010, 09:13 AM
If they were lazy, the US demo wouldn't be out. If they were mean, the game wouldn't be localized. I still agree that they are still lazy after seeing the US demo but really, to be a pessimist is to live in doubt way too much. Try hoping for once instead of killing hope in a snap without solid reason.

Neith
Aug 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
Sticking with JP PSP2 unless either 1) all my friends start playing US/EU PSP2 or 2) my JP save works.

It took me ages to get to the levels my characters are, and I hate doing Story mode/putting up with Emilia. The thought of doing it all over again puts me off. Here's hoping I can use the JP save (though very unlikely).

I guess I'll see what happens when US version releases.

xBladeM6x
Aug 18, 2010, 09:23 AM
I'll be playing the English version. There's no point for me to play the JP version now. Afterall, I didn't really even play the JP version much just because I could read/understand it.

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 18, 2010, 12:42 PM
Sticking with JP PSP2 unless either 1) all my friends start playing US/EU PSP2 or 2) my JP save works.

It took me ages to get to the levels my characters are, and I hate doing Story mode/putting up with Emilia. The thought of doing it all over again puts me off. Here's hoping I can use the JP save (though very unlikely).

I guess I'll see what happens when US version releases.

Emilia got x3 more annoying now that she speaks en english.

@Dragwind
I have to agree; I'm all for games getting localized (like another game I want localized but wont mention the name since it has nothing to do with PSPo2), but I rather like playing a game in a different language. Usually they have different material, and its kinda a fresh feeling with a language other than english.

@Izuna
Way to go. I completely agree. SEGA is lazy. Sure, the US demo is out (Within the 10 or so hours I was gone yesterday), but really isnt enough to say that they arent lazy. I mean, shit, otherwise PSPo1 would have had DLC of some sort.

SammaeltheDark
Aug 18, 2010, 01:04 PM
I'm switching to US.
1) All my local friends who've heard me talking about PSP2 all this time will be picking up the US version.
2) It's a pain to keep reregistering my PSP on the US and JP PSN in order to access my account-locked DLC. It'll be better if I can just keep it registered to the US PSN.
3) Of all the times I've had to start from scratch in a PS game (PSO DC->PSO GC->PSOBB, JP PSZ->US PSZ, US PSU->JP PSU) restarting PSP2 is the only time I think it'll be fun and actually look forward to it

I'll prolly back up my JP data on my computer and keep it around, though

Akuno Ayanokoji
Aug 18, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm keeping both around. But, I will most likely end up sticking to the JP version after all is said and done for the US version.

Unless circumstances prove otherwise