PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

-BK-
Mar 7, 2003, 11:58 PM
Typically, something has to trigger our moods, but is it possible to randomly be in any particular mood? Can nothing effect us both possitively AND negatively? When a person is in a mood they don't really want to be in, how do they figure out what might help them get out of that mood?

Kent
Mar 8, 2003, 04:40 AM
It's kinda hard to affect someone/thing if you don't exist...

RedFox
Mar 8, 2003, 06:33 AM
things that are both negative and positive happen all the time... but you probably dont notice the good side of a bad situation (or vice-versa) as it happens... just think about the event an sometimes you will be able see a good side... but this doesnt always work...

-BK-
Mar 8, 2003, 10:54 AM
On 2003-03-08 01:40, Kent wrote:

Ah, but you can. Think of a day where nothing happened, was it a good day or a bad day? What made it good or bad?

IceBlink
Mar 8, 2003, 11:24 AM
It's possible. Your mind will usually wander, and the subconscious amuses itself by drifting through memories. So, just when you think you're having a good day, an old bad memory pops up, and you feel sad without realising why.

Or something. o_O

Ness
Mar 8, 2003, 01:11 PM
On 2003-03-08 01:40, Kent wrote:

True. Nothing is just like black and atheisism. It's just a name we give the absence of something, but it not exactly a thing itself.

Abaddon
Mar 9, 2003, 07:45 AM
On 2003-03-08 08:24, IceBlink wrote:
It's possible. Your mind will usually wander, and the subconscious amuses itself by drifting through memories. So, just when you think you're having a good day, an old bad memory pops up, and you feel sad without realising why.

Or something. o_O

I think you're on to something Ice, cos i know what you're on about. It happens to me sometimes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

LollipopLolita
Mar 9, 2003, 05:03 PM
hagakura, if someone was to have a mood disorder, that would just change your whole theory or discussion.

Kay
Mar 10, 2003, 02:54 AM
On 2003-03-09 04:45, Abaddon wrote:

Or something. o_O

I think you're on to something Ice, cos i know what you're on about. It happens to me sometimes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

But...that isn't the case is it? There still is a cause of the mood or feeling: the bad memory. whether it was perceived or not, it was a trigger. Unless I'm reading you wrong.

Abaddon
Mar 10, 2003, 06:14 AM
On 2003-03-09 23:54, Kay wrote:

On 2003-03-09 04:45, Abaddon wrote:

Or something. o_O

But...that isn't the case is it? There still is a cause of the mood or feeling: the bad memory. whether it was perceived or not, it was a trigger. Unless I'm reading you wrong.

Well i did write that post late last night so...i dunno. but yes you're right, often when i suddenly lapse into a different mood i'm usually thinking of a past time or image.

Hot Damn, ne? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

IceBlink
Mar 10, 2003, 06:30 AM
Okay, let's try again. ^_^;

On 2003-03-07 20:58, hagakura wrote:
Typically, something has to trigger our moods, but is it possible to randomly be in any particular mood? Can nothing effect us both possitively AND negatively? When a person is in a mood they don't really want to be in, how do they figure out what might help them get out of that mood?

Think about the perfect kind of cake you would love to it.

Delicious - good feelings, good mood.
Will put pounds on - bad feelings, bad mood.

XD

If a person is in a mood they don't wanna be in, then usually (well... I would, I dunno about other people), they would find something to do which won't add onto the bad feelings, but do something which will lift them out of it.

Think of it as scales, containing bad mood and good mood on each side. People try to keep a balance, based on how one feels at the time. I suppose that's almost why people aren't ALWAYS happy... and why they aren't ALWAYS depressed? Seems to be the default feeling, of equality.

Or, I'm just yakking. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

BlackRose
Mar 10, 2003, 09:27 AM
Maybe nothing isn't nothing, it's something!