PDA

View Full Version : Quest Seat of the Heart... help needed!

MasterSpark
Aug 23, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hello,

I'm playing PSO plus offline and currently I am trying to clear the Seat of the Heart quest on Very Hard with my lvl 79 RAcaseal. The problem I'm having stems from the useless computer controlled Elly Person that I need to drag around - the end-boss Epsilon strikes her dead in a single hit which instantly ends the quest. I've attempted to clear it three times so far and twice have she been struck down before Epsilon had even opened itself up to damage!

Is there any decent and viable strategy to use here? How can I keep Elly from getting hit by Epsilon's Rafoie bombs?

Thanks in advance~

Raikomaru
Aug 23, 2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=879

Here's the guide to the quest. I'm not sure if it'll help you at all, but it does say to wait to do the quest until you can do the Temple - Seabed comfortably on the same difficulty.

psofan219
Aug 25, 2010, 09:45 PM
Get Kireek on your team. Problem solved. And you get the Ragol Ring as well. Though you'll need to do some extra stuff, at least you'll have a useful (somewhat) npc on your team who won't go down in one shot.

MasterSpark
Aug 26, 2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the tips & advice guys, I finally managed to defeat the quest a few days ago. Raikomaru, the guide that you linked me to actually provided me with the key I needed to beat this ordeal - Epsilon only appears when all computers in the tower are hit. I thus decided to leave one computer unmolested (it only summons a Delbiter which charges in and brings Elly's health down to lowest possible anyway), which triggered a trio of Ill Gills to appear at the top of the tower instead of Epsilon. The Ill Gills were a bit problematic as well though, seeing as their flying charge will also kill Elly in a single hit, and I had only got my Frozen Shooter in the way of decent crowd control, but I couldn't keep all three of them in check long enough. So for the next try I bought myself a decent Shot weapon and equipped all the /Battle units I had available and soon enough, I had earned that meseta award. :D

I do think I'll go through the extra trouble of unlocking Kireek for when I do the quest on Ultimate though. Thanks for the tip, Psofan. :)

psofan219
Aug 26, 2010, 02:47 PM
No problem. And, just as a fyi, /Battle units don't stack. If you have 2 or more /Battle units, the game will use the increase of the highest one you have equipped, the rest will just eat up a slot space, with no contribution. Since you're a RAcaseal, you can always useConfuse Traps to hinder the Ill Gill. Nothing's better than watching Ill Gill use their Megid Slash, as I call it, on each other XD

Splash
Aug 26, 2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the tips & advice guys, I finally managed to defeat the quest a few days ago. Raikomaru, the guide that you linked me to actually provided me with the key I needed to beat this ordeal - Epsilon only appears when all computers in the tower are hit. I thus decided to leave one computer unmolested (it only summons a Delbiter which charges in and brings Elly's health down to lowest possible anyway), which triggered a trio of Ill Gills to appear at the top of the tower instead of Epsilon.
Why did you destroy the terminals?

If you have Elly, you are suppose to have her touch the correct terminals, not destroy them.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Aug 26, 2010, 10:12 PM
how do you get Kireek on your team? all i know is you can get his soul eater.

psofan219
Aug 27, 2010, 09:15 PM
You have to do the... Bernie subplot? It's a complicated mess of steps you need to do and screwing up even the slightest thing means you have start the process over. PSOW has a guide of it somewhere, just forgot where. If I find it I'll link you to it.

Splash
Aug 28, 2010, 02:38 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=881

Look under the one for Seat of the Heart.