PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X users and Safari

Sashi
Mar 8, 2003, 01:23 AM
If there are any OS X users who are using Safari, are you having any problems here? Im have a pile of problems, all related to Safari it seems.

First off, no edit button on any of my posts.

Second, No pop up appears when I get a new PM, though I have the box checked.

Third, I occasionally get weird errors, that look like itss bad coding, but its actually over baked cookies.

So any of you Safari users having problems, or is it just me?

Im gonna send off some bug reports off to Apple in a few minutes.

PS- If you use Windows, please dont tell me to get on a real OS, ect. I am trying to get these problems resolved, not start a debate.

BrokenHope
Mar 8, 2003, 09:05 AM
On 2003-03-07 22:23, Sashi wrote:
If there are any OS X users who are using Safari, are you having any problems here? Im have a pile of problems, all related to Safari it seems.

First off, no edit button on any of my posts.

Second, No pop up appears when I get a new PM, though I have the box checked.

Third, I occasionally get weird errors, that look like itss bad coding, but its actually over baked cookies.

So any of you Safari users having problems, or is it just me?

Im gonna send off some bug reports off to Apple in a few minutes.

PS- If you use Windows, please dont tell me to get on a real OS, ect. I am trying to get these problems resolved, not start a debate.

Your pm pop up box problem isn't really a problem with the browser, since i believe safari includes a pop up stopper and the way most of these work is it blocks non requested pop ups, which means unless you click on a box to open a new window the browser won't actually allow pop up windows to appear and since pm pop ups happen when you come to psow without actually clicking on anything to make them appear the browser blocks them.

Sashi
Mar 8, 2003, 01:14 PM
I havethat off, actually. On phpBB message boards that I go to, like ah-king.com, and a few others, I have the pop up set to show up, and it does. This is the only site it doesnt work on.

pixelate
Mar 9, 2003, 02:45 AM
On 2003-03-08 10:14, Sashi wrote:
I havethat off, actually. On phpBB message boards that I go to, like ah-king.com, and a few others, I have the pop up set to show up, and it does. This is the only site it doesnt work on.

Doesn't Safari have a pop-up blocker? Something must be funky with PSOW's javascript to open the PM notify window.

Sashi
Mar 9, 2003, 04:03 AM
Yea it does have a pop up blocker, but you have to turn it on for it to work.

I just snapped this:
http://www.bongrippers.net/rishyn/popupno.jpg

If I had pop ups enabled, that menu would look like this:

http://www.bongrippers.net/rishyn/popupyes.jpg

I think it is really a Safari thing, and not your code. Or maybe its just my TiBook. Everything works fine in Internet Explorer. But I prefer Safari. It loads things faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sashi on 2003-03-09 01:07 ]</font>

BrokenHope
Mar 9, 2003, 08:48 AM
It could be that the site is using IE specific code so isn't working properly in a standards compliant browser.

Sashi
Mar 9, 2003, 04:01 PM
It has to be Safari, cause it definetly isnt my TiBook.

Im on Pismo Powerbook right now, running OSX Server, and still no edit button on my posts. *sob*