PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSPgo file transfer???

r00tabaga
Aug 25, 2010, 09:08 AM
After grabbing some component cables & putting PSPo2 on my big screen (while using my PS3 controller!) I may have converted a friend over to the "dark side" that is PSPgo. Will he be able to transfer over his PSPo1 & PSPo2:demo data from his Slim to a Go??? The PS3 controller via Bluetooth is "magical" I might add.

Thanks to the poster yesterday who mentioned that this was possible! ;)

Roontek
Aug 25, 2010, 09:22 AM
It shouldn't be a problem just take the save files and put them on your desktop then plug the pspgo in and transfer them over.

I do have a question for you, or more so a request. Can you also connect a Bluetooth keyboard to the pspgo and use it in PSP2? That just might be the selling point for me. I have a Sony made keyboard, its small and would work perfectly for chatting in game.

r00tabaga
Aug 25, 2010, 10:04 AM
Good question. I will try it tonight. I do know that before I sync'd my controller up, it asked me if it was a Bluetooth device or a PS3 controller I was trying to sync. What other devices could it mean though???

Roontek
Aug 25, 2010, 10:16 AM
Good question. I will try it tonight. I do know that before I sync'd my controller up, it asked me if it was a Bluetooth device or a PS3 controller I was trying to sync. What other devices could it mean though???
It could also mean a bluetooth headset for skype and other voice applications. You could also maybe bluetooth it to your cell phone for file transfers and the like.

Akaimizu
Aug 25, 2010, 10:58 AM
You know, I would've never believed that I would start a PSPgo craze due to just a little information about how to use it on the big screen and with a controller.

The PSPgo has a different setup when syncing up to a PS3 controller, thus why they have you choose. The other BT devices use the more standard method. The PS3 controller method requires you to hook both devices to the PS3 so that the PS3 performs the initial handshake.

r00tabaga
Aug 25, 2010, 11:08 AM
You know, I would've never believed that I would start a PSPgo craze due to just a little information about how to use it on the big screen and with a controller.

The PSPgo has a different setup when syncing up to a PS3 controller, thus why they have you choose. The other BT devices use the more standard method. The PS3 controller method requires you to hook both devices to the PS3 so that the PS3 performs the initial handshake.

There you are! I had a blast last night and will tonight as well. tyvm :) Best $30 I ever speant.

Infernonyc
Aug 25, 2010, 11:16 AM

So you can't use a ps3 controller with your pspgo without a ps3?

Akaimizu
Aug 25, 2010, 11:29 AM
With the way they did that setup, no. I haven't researched any possible method to do it via the regular BT setup. But I have a sneaking suspicion Sony did it that way specifically to keep people from buying PS3 controllers without having a PS3. When it comes to promoting their investment by locking you out of other logical possibilities, Sony is one of the best.

Infernonyc
Aug 25, 2010, 11:58 AM
With the way they did that setup, no. I haven't researched any possible method to do it via the regular BT setup. But I have a sneaking suspicion Sony did it that way specifically to keep people from buying PS3 controllers without having a PS3. When it comes to promoting their investment by locking you out of other logical possibilities, Sony is one of the best.

You just saved me a lot of money lol. Thnx so much. Guess my pspgo dream is over......3000 it is.

Akaimizu
Aug 25, 2010, 12:30 PM
To tell you the truth. If you're talking about cost, doing this procedure is best for those who already have a PS3 and PSPGo. Or if the Go is their first PSP and they already had a PS3.

For other systems, the only solution would be CFW and you'll need to involve a computer plus what's needed to connect the computer to the TV. However, considering how complicated and/or hard Sony can make things for CFW users, it's not the best solution. I'm sure there are more than 3 times of the constant PSP updates involving just shutting down CFW access to their online stuff than any involving any kind of *improvement* to their system at all.

Mike
Aug 25, 2010, 06:53 PM
If you have a friend with a PS3, you can have them sync the PS3 controller with the Go the first time and then just charge the controller via your PC. Then you won't have to worry about desyncing. Or so I've heard.

r00tabaga
Aug 26, 2010, 09:32 AM
Yes, once your sync'd up your good. I have to re-sync it to my PS3-PSPgo-PS3-PSPgo every time I use it for each system. Charging it via USB/pc is the only way w/o a PS3. Playing with a controller is so very niiiiiiiiiice. :)

Roontek
Aug 26, 2010, 01:07 PM
Rootabaga, did you ever get around to testing a bluetooth keyboard with the Go?

r00tabaga
Aug 26, 2010, 02:21 PM
@Roontek: I don't have a wireless keyboard and found nothing on the internet that suggested that it would even work so I decided not to go out & buy one if it might not work, ya know? If I find out anything I'll let you know!

parabolee
Aug 26, 2010, 03:21 PM
Do we know for sure that PSPo2 will be getting a PSN release?

Roontek
Aug 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
Do we know for sure that PSPo2 will be getting a PSN release?

I would suggest that it does, given that it was a demo available on PSN.

parabolee
Aug 27, 2010, 10:01 AM
I would suggest that it does, given that it was a demo available on PSN.

There was a demo for PSPo1 too, and that never came to PSN!

Roontek
Aug 27, 2010, 12:31 PM

True dat, well hopefully... It seems silly now with the Go out that they wouldn't.

Izuna
Aug 27, 2010, 12:43 PM

It is on the USA and JPN Stores, just not any EUR one because there is no EUR PSPo1 demo.