PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 To the Beast community do you prefer the older nanoblasts or the new ones?

Tails_night
Aug 26, 2010, 01:09 AM
I was wondering, being someone who heavily prefers Beasts to the point where I even have a beast tech in psp(I know not the most efficiant combo), does anyone here prefer to use the older nanoblasts or do you plant to stich to or prefer the new ones(Gold and silver)?

Shakuri
Aug 26, 2010, 05:34 AM
None of them. I'm level 200 and removed my tattoo after about lvl 100. I used the Silver one before to travel long distances, but I find Nanoblasts to be pretty mediocre. At least in comparison to the other blast attacks.

Koiwai_Keiji
Aug 26, 2010, 06:30 AM
I use the gold nanoblast over the silver one, the older nanoblasts have the same PSU attack animation, which can be fairly awkward to combo from, whereas the newer nanoblasts have more useful attack animations. Its very easy to combo 2 or 3 hits, then Just Attack a strong attack, for the gold nanoblast its a delayed uppercut that causes the enemy to fall down, hitting at least 3 times. Evade will usually prevent physical attacks from hitting you, and you could always block if techs are being used also.

Black nanoblast is fairly strong, especially its strong attack, but with this berserk mode being able to kill team members, its a risk to use it in missions where player death means failing the mission (i.e. Maximum Attack Cross). You also can't always count on it, because its random (not really, but it's not something that can be done reliably). I've used it in some rooms where the players were smart enough to leave the room and let me kill the creatures, but you won't always get this type of team. Typically when you transform you just guard, leave, or run around unless the other team mates retreat. Or you could be an ass and just start killing things indiscriminately and claim its an accident if someone gets killed. The issue is partly lag, you might think you're at a safe distance killing a creature in a corner, but sometimes a party member gets caught in the fray because their closer than you realize.

I've tried the silver nanoblast, its attack animations are slower sweeping aoe attacks. Since nanoblast is something I use for big creatures and not mobs, I didn't use this much.

Neith
Aug 26, 2010, 08:20 AM
I use Gold, but I used it a lot more frequently at lower levels. Now I'm 100+ on my beast, it's rare I even bother anymore. Gold is decent, but I feel I can do more reliable damage in human-form, and when I use it now it's more to see if I'll turn into Black Nanoblast or not. Shame, because the new Nanoblasts are pretty fun.

TheAstarion
Aug 26, 2010, 09:04 AM
The old styles are all the giant cat beast or pineapple man model, I've seen them all before. I really like the silver one but it dies in like no hits. Not a great thing to have to admit to in the middle of a combo where you can't block, and the only healing comes from Vanguard's regen or someone else's lv11+ Resta.

Still, I like the running speed. So much so that I haven't switched off of it, not even to just try the gold one even once.

Koiwai_Keiji
Aug 26, 2010, 09:22 AM
The old styles are all the giant cat beast or pineapple man model, I've seen them all before. I really like the silver one but it dies in like no hits. Not a great thing to have to admit to in the middle of a combo where you can't block, and the only healing comes from Vanguard's regen or someone else's lv11+ Resta.

Still, I like the running speed. So much so that I haven't switched off of it, not even to just try the gold one even once.

Try the gold one once, the attack animation is fast enough that its not as risky to combo then block.

darkante
Aug 26, 2010, 10:18 AM
Well, i love the Silver Nanoblast!
Got the speed, looks and the animation that i liked, but i didnīt use it that often.
Moreover for fun.

The Gold one is good, but the colour combo makes it less interesting.
I really donīt like it.

Tails_night
Aug 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah I'm planning on switching to silver or gold, my usual was always red, but now I'm thinking I wonn't be using it later on

Touka
Aug 26, 2010, 03:58 PM
For older nanos i'd say male>female,I never liked how flippy and fancy the female nanos were in PSU.

For the new ones i'd say Gold>Silver.

Randomness
Aug 26, 2010, 04:10 PM
For older nanos i'd say male>female,I never liked how flippy and fancy the female nanos were in PSU.

For the new ones i'd say Gold>Silver.

Yeah, the animations were weird. On top of which, trying to time the hits was a pain. The only ones worth using in any case were red and blue. (Beast fortegunner, always saved my blue for when the bastards were ranged-resistant)

I'll probably still end up using blue nano, just because its the safest, but I'll reserve judgement until I get the game and can try the new ones.

Lolitron
Aug 26, 2010, 05:02 PM
Nanoblasts have their uses, although they are outclasses by Blade Destruction and Ex traps in 99% of situations. They are quite useful in C-mode.

Like I said in the other topic though, I play beast almost exclusively for Black nanoblast to kill my teammates :D.

Tails_night
Aug 26, 2010, 05:15 PM
Like I said in the other topic though, I play beast almost exclusively for Black nanoblast to kill my teammates :D.

LOL wow, thats almost vicious, but it's so messed up it's actually funny.

Retniwreven
Aug 26, 2010, 05:23 PM
I may not actually be going beast this time, as they have a slow rate of PP regeneration and humans are a lot more appealing to me now that they have the best defensive stats out of any race, as well as mirage blasts and the second highest PP pool.

Tails_night
Aug 26, 2010, 05:27 PM
Wow I didn't know that, but nonetheless, I'm still going for beast, regardless of any racial disadvantages they have. Although a beast 'vanguard' is a little out of my ordinary.

Touka
Aug 26, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah, the animations were weird. On top of which, trying to time the hits was a pain. The only ones worth using in any case were red and blue. (Beast fortegunner, always saved my blue for when the bastards were ranged-resistant)

I'll probably still end up using blue nano, just because its the safest, but I'll reserve judgement until I get the game and can try the new ones.

Blue is still kind of useful but it feels like it runs out faster than it did on PSU,at least it does to me.

Retniwreven
Aug 26, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah...
Humans have the best DFP/MST/STA
Newmans have the best TP/PP
Beasts have the best ATP/EVP
Casts have the best HP/ATA and PP Regen rate (but the lowest base PP amount)

Koiwai_Keiji
Aug 26, 2010, 06:01 PM
Wow I didn't know that, but nonetheless, I'm still going for beast, regardless of any racial disadvantages they have. Although a beast 'vanguard' is a little out of my ordinary.

That's the way to do it. Play what you want. Playing as a beast vanguard is just fine, there isn't a game breaking significance in stats once you start maxing your class to another race in the same class level. Eventually you'll switch classes to hunt for drops associated with that class, or to unlock abilities native to that class.

Tails_night
Aug 28, 2010, 11:53 PM
I guess. So from my impression the blast badges and enw nanoblastsd are fun to use until what past level 70 or something?

Retniwreven
Aug 29, 2010, 02:15 AM
or to unlock abilities native to that class.

So... you can mix class abilities? If so, that should be fun.

Koiwai_Keiji
Aug 29, 2010, 03:13 AM
So... you can mix class abilities? If so, that should be fun.

Yes, for instance Rangers have an ability "elemental hit" which increases the chance of an SE occurring with a weapon. Once you level the Ranger class to where you unlock that ability, you can then equip it even as a different class like Hunter. There's a lot of different abilities for each class that you may want to unlock to customize your build, such as recovery assist for techs, skill pp save, or stat bonuses primarily associated with that class (Hunter for atp for example).

Akaimizu
Aug 29, 2010, 03:24 AM
My Beast Mufonna went to the new ones. To tell the truth, they fit with the backstory Mufonna had since PSU (long before even PSP1 was announced). It's always nice when Phantasy Star introduces content that is more inline with my actual vision for the characters, since I originally planned aspects of or around them that weren't in the game yet. (The first was when Photon Whips where introduced into PSU, even though they were already written about in "The Origins of a Sharpshooter" long before ST announced that weapon type, and while the story was written before I posted it here, it's still on record in this forum before the first announcement of the Japanese release of AOI.)

Shakuri
Aug 29, 2010, 08:51 AM
I guess. So from my impression the blast badges and enw nanoblastsd are fun to use until what past level 70 or something?

They're always fun to use.

Just not that useful. For one, after you get higher end equipment you can easily and efficiently outdamage the Gold form. Two, you can't heal yourself, and having someone else do it cuts down on overall damage. Three, your hitbox gets larger, and against enemies who cast Techs its horrible to get hit with a Diga that would usually sail over your head.

Angelo
Aug 29, 2010, 12:09 PM
I think I'll stick with the good ol' Red form. I really loved the brutish hulking animations from them (male form), and I've become sort of an expert at timing them right.

I have no idea what the Gold form is about since no one has posted any videos that I can find, but if it's anything like the nimble and flashy Silver form I'll have to pass on it.

Lolitron
Aug 29, 2010, 09:57 PM
There actually is a situation I can think of where Nanoblast allows you to kill things faster than not Nanoblasting.

In Magashi Eradication, Nanoblast absolutely tears through the navals in the mission. Simply pushing square will kill 1-3 navals. I use Nanoblast in the Drua Gohra room and the Jasnugan room. I also use it against the vears and carriguines since it works well on those things too. The gold nanoblast attack animation allows you kill chain up the carriguines and kill them before they can turn around to whack you (since your normal attack will chain them and bring you to a point where the carriguines have to turn about 100 degrees).

Overall Gold Nanoblast is good in Magashi Eradication, and I would say it actually saves time vs the standard skadd/majarra/whatever.

Nanoblasting can also be used when you are completely out of PP and want some form of good chained DPS without spamming a bunch of normal attacks. I believe I used it a few times like this.

Retniwreven
Aug 29, 2010, 10:38 PM
I used to use nanoblasts when I was feeling rather "FFF STOP KNOCKING ME DOWN ALREADY" but the advent of being able to block hits has made this much better.