PDA

View Full Version : Is There a PS Anime?

Sasagawa
Aug 28, 2010, 05:40 PM
Is there an anime version of any of the PS's? I looked everywhere but I couldnt find any, Its no big deal I was ust wandering. Thanks ^^

joefro
Aug 28, 2010, 05:44 PM
This is probably the closest that you will get: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/extended-phantasy-star-zero/290743

I'm not really a fan of anime, so I suppose that there could be others out there that I don't know about.

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2010, 09:08 PM
I don't believe so.

Boxblaster
Aug 28, 2010, 09:24 PM
I remember there being a Phantasy Star II manga back in the day on Phantasy Star Cave. It was by no means official though.

zandra117
Aug 29, 2010, 01:12 PM
Red Photon Zillion is probably your best bet, it isn't exactly phantasy star but its similar. It's made by SEGA, it has OpaOpa (http://www.pso-world.com/images/magguide/opaopa.gif), The Great Light is referenced in it, and the Ruby Bullet (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=567) weapon in PSO and PSU comes from the Zillion series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=313gL6TBymw

Delete
Aug 30, 2010, 02:44 AM
I for one would love to see an anime based on PSU. Once posted a thread on this and got all negative replies, but I think it could have some potential.

If it did exist, could be only in Japan. There are a lot of things they have over there that we will never get. There are also things that exist over there that I cannot seem to find on the internet whatsoever, so it could be out there.

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 06:18 AM
PSU's story is garbage and it pathetically borrows from PSO's. I'd like to see a PSO anime instead.

PSU's characters are laughable at the most. Here's my impressions of them:

Ethan Waber: Your typical dork hero who saves the day
Hyuga Wright: A pedo
Lumia Waber: A loli
Magashi: Your'e typical antagonist
Karen: Your typical love interest to the main protagonist
Tylor: Your typical rogue character

It's absolute garbage. What were they on when they were making these characters?!? The ones in PSO were many times better.

SuKKrl
Aug 30, 2010, 01:46 PM
Story isn't really the strong attribute of the "online" PS games.

PSO's story was horribly presented and it has a lot of holes, but it was there just because they needed a context to throw the player in and its not bad at that.

PSU's characters really are weak. The story has some interesting moments that are overshadowed by some scripts that look like they're the product of the creativity of a 5-year old kid. The positive point about it is that the presentation is much better.

I'm not sure an anime (without some story modifications, which would not please some people) would do that well.

BIG OLAF
Aug 30, 2010, 01:56 PM
Nope, no Phantasy Star anime. But damn if there should be. If there was, I would want an anime based on the first four (I-IV) games (maybe not including PSIII, though). Even though I despise 99% of anime, I'd probably watch a Phantasy Star-based one.

Outrider
Aug 30, 2010, 02:37 PM
Story isn't really the strong attribute of the "online" PS games.

PSO's story was horribly presented and it has a lot of holes, but it was there just because they needed a context to throw the player in and its not bad at that.

PSU's characters really are weak. The story has some interesting moments that are overshadowed by some scripts that look like they're the product of the creativity of a 5-year old kid. The positive point about it is that the presentation is much better.

Well, you pretty much just described the plots of most anime shows, so it actually sounds like an easy win for Sega.

Weeaboolits
Aug 30, 2010, 02:38 PM
I think the only one likely to be done justice if ever they did do one would be PSU, since it's basically a bad shounen anime already.

Delete
Aug 30, 2010, 04:25 PM
They could make a real-life movie and have the guy that played Goku from DBZ play Ethan Waber. I'm sure it would be the worst movie ever existed.

SuKKrl
Aug 30, 2010, 06:09 PM
Well, you pretty much just described the plots of most anime shows, so it actually sounds like an easy win for Sega.

You know, after reading that I felt better about the anime idea :-P