PDA

View Full Version : Need help with video files

Raikomaru
Aug 28, 2010, 08:58 PM
I really need your help. I recently torrented a folder of video files and they're all in .rmvb format. I tried watching them with VLC but it had very choppy framerate and the video (but not audio) consistenly screwed up and got all glitchy and froze every few minutes. Is there anything I can do with VLC to solve these problems or should I convert the files into another format?
Or is there possibly another video player that will play them with good quality? Please help!

*tl;dr - .rmvb format sucks in VLC, what do I do?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 28, 2010, 09:01 PM
.rmvb ain't a real format.

Anyway, I have to wonder why you downloaded whatever you downloaded in that format. Probably should have checked. I'm not entirely sure if there's anything that can convert that. Check and see if VLC has a conversion tool? Otherwise, you'll have to search Google for an .rmbv file converter.

Raikomaru
Aug 28, 2010, 09:11 PM
.rmvb ain't a real format.

Anyway, I have to wonder why you downloaded whatever you downloaded in that format. Probably should have checked. I'm not entirely sure if there's anything that can convert that. Check and see if VLC has a conversion tool? Otherwise, you'll have to search Google for an .rmbv file converter.

....every episode/movie of Dragonball/Dragonball Z/Dragonball GT.......17.6 gb.......

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8074/17246376.png

Boxblaster
Aug 28, 2010, 09:29 PM
It's RealPlayer format. A quick google search brings this: http://www.rmvbcodec.com/
Haven't installed these myself, but you can easily grab a codec for it, convert it, whatever you want.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 28, 2010, 09:53 PM
I heard if you buy them, they work fine.

Raikomaru
Aug 28, 2010, 10:09 PM
Meh....buy-schmuy......alright, I downloaded RealPlayer and they work fine, cool beans, thanks fo teh assist

Retehi
Aug 28, 2010, 10:57 PM
....every episode/movie of Dragonball/Dragonball Z/Dragonball GT.......17.6 gb.......

Too bad only 22 mbs of that is actual action.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 28, 2010, 11:18 PM
I downloaded RealPlayer
I nominate this the Worst Mistake of the Year.

Raikomaru
Aug 29, 2010, 12:15 AM
Too bad only 22 mbs of that is actual action.

That's not true.... :etongue:

I nominate this the Worst Mistake of the Year.

Well, the only things I'm gonna use it for are these stupid .rmvb files :laptop:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 29, 2010, 12:40 AM

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8074/17246376.png
The Dragon Balls are stolen and the only penalty is Pinball?!

I did not remember this back when I was 12-13 years old... A DBZ Pinball game would have been great to cover the dearth of zero good DBZ games localized back then too. 1997's Dragon Ball GT, el terriblaaay. Atari help and that Super DBZ headed by some old SF2 producer would come like 5 years later, 2002 ish.

Ya crazy kids these days, a new one every 3 months BURST LIMITIZER SAGA FIYEEEBALL DRAGON BALL JAY-Z making you watch old soap operas about greasy dusty dudes yelling at eachother with spikey hairs and android bugs, and Mr. friggin POPO - thanks for Mr. Popo, Japan. You give us the Piccolo - post, badguy weird design, in return for that greatness we have to have the Popo and the Hercule.

ashley50
Aug 29, 2010, 03:33 AM
was google down?

Raikomaru
Aug 29, 2010, 05:41 AM
No, google wasn't down, I just prefer to talk to real people rather than rely on corn-fusing links and explanations.....

Anduril
Aug 29, 2010, 11:27 PM
I see your problem right there: you're using VLC Player. Go get the Combined Community Codec Pack and then the Real Alternative codec. Media Player Classic Homecinema will then be able to play any video file you throw at it.