PDA

View Full Version : a sad story

zonron
Aug 30, 2010, 03:16 AM
so once upon a time own the phantasy star online 1&2 plus for the gamecube. It was a great joy since at the time i had no internet and could pretend i was playing online. i played with 3 friends and was able to work together to gain our goals as one unit. over the years i ended up losing the disk and as such, i lost my interest in the system. Don't get me wrong there was some great games for the gamecube, but that was the most fun i had on the system.

Friday i was kidnapped by a friend and was taken to several places to celebrate some good news. one of them was a game stop, a restaurant and surprisingly a small savvy pawnshop oriented to gaming. i was browsing around and was looking at the wii section. i then seen that there was a section for gamecube games. I fingered threw the cases and stopped at one case. there it was phantasy star 1&2 plus. i grabbed it and bought it on the spot for 50 bucks. when i was able to get home i threw it in my wii and was getting ready to play when-

when i realized one error stopped me from playing it. i need a gamecube memory card to play it. it waits for one to be inserted so in tell i get my next check it must be shelved.

i feel as though i was just kicked in the crotch. T.T

Ithildin
Aug 30, 2010, 06:13 AM
You paid fifty bucks for a used copy of pso and didn't have enough for a memory card? Try ebay, I've seen laods on there for under $5.

Alucard V
Aug 30, 2010, 06:27 AM
The universe works in strange ways somtimes.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Aug 30, 2010, 07:07 AM
you can still play until you get a memory card i "think" but you just can't save

DragonForce
Aug 30, 2010, 07:09 AM
$50 for PSO?!? LOL. I picked up the Xbox version for like $15 used. The only thing I need is an Xbox! xD

Pandarino
Aug 30, 2010, 08:33 AM
A bit pricey but it's the rarer "plus" version...you can easily find memory card for the GC, don't panic.

Cranberry
Aug 30, 2010, 10:42 AM
Just so you know, you won't be able to play it online with your Wii. Offline mode will work just fine, but the Wii can't take it online.

AlexCraig
Aug 30, 2010, 01:52 PM
$50 for PSO?!? LOL. I picked up the Xbox version for like $15 used. The only thing I need is an Xbox! xD

While it may be cheaper, you can't really play the Xbox version these days.

FOkyasuta
Aug 30, 2010, 02:39 PM
Alex?

You Forgot To Add: It Doesn't Feel The Same With A Xbox Contoller Or An Xbox For That Matter.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 30, 2010, 02:57 PM
I remember paying for my PSO plus for 60 bucks online.

Damn thing was shrink wrapped, never opened, not a scratch, and even had an online code in it.

Best 60 bucks I ever used.

FOkyasuta
Aug 30, 2010, 04:00 PM
Now Thats Lucky.

zonron
Aug 30, 2010, 11:20 PM
i have a limited amount of free cash, at most 60 bucks every week. anyway i put the game in and it tells me to put a memory card in. it wont let me play in till i do so.

i was planing to play with a couple of friends or even my dad. one of the only games he has any skills in lol. brings backs a lot of memories.

i wasn't expecting to see so many replies!

well two days left till i have the money i need. i was going to overdraw to get it today but held myself back on will power... and cheese.

off topic, couple weeks ago i pre-ordered other m. i here it plays like megaman legends. hope it is ^^

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 03:55 AM
What's the difference between the GC and Xbox versions? I never liked the GC controller anyway. All I know is that the Xbox has voice support and the GC doesn't.

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 05:27 AM
not to sure myself, plus is better because it has added stuff.

the voice thing doesn't bug me since my buds will be in punching range, meaning i can talk to them in person.

Talwin
Aug 31, 2010, 06:16 AM
AFAIK the Xbox version doesn't have split screen multiplayer, but there could be more changes. Oh and the GC version has the whole GBA connectivity thing going for it which is great if you're 1 of the 3 people who like Chao's ^^

DragonForce
Aug 31, 2010, 12:14 PM
I remember playing split-screen on my old Xbox with my cousin before.

Tel Megiddo
Aug 31, 2010, 03:08 PM
I have a level 127 HUnewearl on my friends' Xbox. I can vouch that it does indeed have offline splitscreen. As for the differences, my friend played both Xbox and Gamecube versions (I only played Xbox) and the visuals were definitely enhanced on the GC version. I don't know if he had plus or not, but the game certainly looks better on GC.

chrisramar
Aug 31, 2010, 03:26 PM
you really need a game cube pad to make the most of it , im sure there quite
cheap second hand in the states!!

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 05:33 PM
>: D a friend just gave me his old memory card, the cost? a bowl of my famous demon curry, but it was worth it.

Ithildin
Sep 2, 2010, 11:36 AM
>: D a friend just gave me his old memory card, the cost? a bowl of my famous demon curry, but it was worth it.

Sounds like a damn good deal to me! :D

FOkyasuta
Sep 2, 2010, 11:59 AM
Dont Kill Him Or Make Him Reget It!

Seasqwaa
Sep 2, 2010, 01:12 PM
*sigh*
Yeah, I was trying to keep my game in good condition. A bit hard when I played it so much.
I bought the plus version back when it was new and 5 years later I dropped the disk!
There's a crack in it now. I wasn't able to play for a few days but it starting working again for whatever reason.
I don't know what I'd do if it stopped working on me! *cough*

Raikomaru
Sep 2, 2010, 01:27 PM
My DC v2 disk was really scratched up for a long time, until Family Video got a disk-cleaner. $2 later, game works just fine! :D