PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur or Tsumikiri J-Sword?

Raikomaru
Aug 30, 2010, 03:27 AM
With 0'd stats, which would you say is better? Pros and cons ^^

psofan219
Aug 30, 2010, 10:34 AM
Well, I say Excalibur, even though I don't like it much.
Pros: Hits up to three targets each attack
Has Berserk
Saber-type weapon, so it can attack fast

Cons: ANNOYING sound effect
HEAVILY farmed, so you'll see it on almost every single character, which gets very annoying if you don't like the sound effect, gold color, etc. etc.

Other than those... I guess you could call them personal cons, as they're not actual cons for the weapon itself... I just don't care much for Excalibur. I can't discredit it, because I do believe it's the better of the two, I just won't use it.

Raikomaru
Aug 30, 2010, 05:48 PM
Alright, I got opinions from the private forums too. I pretty much figured it was way better than TJS, plus TJS's special may be awesome, but it's kinda lame.....and it's not as strong or accurate, even though the ATP requirement is really high.

Kyerea
Aug 31, 2010, 10:21 PM
Now where have I seen this thread before? lol.

Anyways, TJS being a sword hits more targets naturally with less actual speed and better crowd control. Excalibur has tons of ATP, hits three targets and has Zerk but offers a lesser degree of spawn control. Imo, Swords in general are more suited towards crowd control while the Excalibur is just a straight-up, situational high-damage dealer when needed (as in, when spawns are paralyzed, frozen or it's a downed-Dragon/DRL).

Raikomaru
Aug 31, 2010, 11:31 PM
Yea, honestly I prefer a weapon that can take out crowds (makes me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing them all drop at the same time) so I'm trying to trade my Excal 0/35/35/0 for a TJS.... :p progress is slow.....

Kyerea
Aug 31, 2010, 11:37 PM
I'd keep both, not one or the other. Hell, I still use my 100/0/0/0/30 Excal with my 100/0/0/100/50 Dark Flow and 100/0/0/100/40 Red Sword.

Raikomaru
Sep 1, 2010, 12:03 AM
I never use it anyway

Kyerea
Sep 9, 2010, 05:16 PM
Either way TJS is a shit sword. SJS has a disgusting drop rate and has to be unsealed into TJS (not even mentioning that when it is unsealed it often doesn't Unseal with the proper kills; it's usually 0-300).

Red Sword is near the DF's/TJS's ATP, and is easily huntable with Hit, can have three percents (allowing you to have Hit and two other sphered percents) and has a "useful" special that takes the form of Seize. Even Chain Sawd is more useful since it can actually be hunted with Hit/have two other percents besides the Hit.

Since Kill Counters take up a percent on a weapon, it permits the weapon to only have two more percents. So TJS is only truly "decent" when it has NO HIT. Which can severely limit it's use on HUcasts, HUmars and HUneys.

Thus Red Sword /w 25+ Hit and Dark Flow /w 50+ Hit are still greater by far than TJS in practicality, hunting length/difficulty and power.

TrueChaos
Oct 3, 2010, 04:39 AM
i'd got with TJS, especially if you have a Heavenly of God/Battle (or something with it inbuilt like V101 or BOVN), swords can attack really quickly. plus with it being a sword, it can hit many more targets than Excal can which, considering some of the wave sizes, hitting more than 3 enemies is needed.

though may keep it as SJS due to Unreduced Hell special which would be great in Ep IV but i'm not sure of the ATP difference between SJS/TJS

Auros
Oct 28, 2010, 03:19 PM
I don't mean to sound like a n00b, but I guess I am since I've been out of the game for a while. The Dark Flow can't be readily found can it? I thought it was like the Red Ring, only a hackable item. I'm looking for a good weapon for my character, and I saw the discussion for the SJS. I've been laxly grinding for it. Should I not and go for either of the three weapons you mentioned?

TrueChaos
Oct 28, 2010, 04:31 PM
it's only available online. on offline GC/XBOX the Parasitic Gene: Flow, which is needed to make Dark Flow, doesn't drop as they forgot to program the drop rate (or so i heard). the coding for item to drop is there and servers can activate it but Sega didn't put in a drop rate offline so it stayed a 0/1. it was the same with Falz and the Red Ring. on most server it has something like a 80/1 drop rate.

Mitz
Oct 29, 2010, 02:41 AM
This isn't really a proper comparison. Excal is a Saber and TJS is a Sword. But if you want to farm one over the other, go for Excal. It's far better than TJS.

Don't bother taking TJS for stats. The Special is pretty bad. Get a Zanba or an S-Rank.

girshootslasers
Oct 29, 2010, 09:34 AM
I found my TJS in 1 week, I found 15 excals in one week. Excals are easier to get. BUT I tend to use TJS more than any weapon I have.

HeartBreak301
Oct 29, 2010, 11:36 AM
Private servers have PGF and RR enabled. As for hunting SJS, I think your time would be much better spent trying to get a good hit Red Sword.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 29, 2010, 05:41 PM
Neither. Get a Lavis Cannon, the cool weapon.