PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Seriously why don't they just add MAGS already?

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 12:50 AM
I am not really sure how many people really approve of this but to me, MAGS are what made the Phantasy Star Online series great for me...they truly are the main reason I loved the original. They where like a little pet that you fed and it followed you everywhere and evolved.

I know PSZ has them but to me the PSU series of games including the Portable versions would be truly perfect with MAGS added...Idunno, I just feel it's the one thing SEGA should have kept in this series of games...Anyone agree with me or am I dumb? lol

DoubleJG
Aug 31, 2010, 12:54 AM
If you want MAGs, play Phantasy Star Zero.

Shakuri
Aug 31, 2010, 12:56 AM
I don't agree with you, but I suppose you aren't dumb either.

GUARDIANDNL
Aug 31, 2010, 12:56 AM
maybe because on psp2 and psp2i they seem rather useless...cause the customization options give you a lot of advantages to your game...weapons are no longer usable acording of your atp att or mst stat...just to level...and the unit have the job to give you increase stat...other than ornamental...i donīt see the point of a comeback as they were on PSO...

but i would like to see all mags as madoog or shadoogs...

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 12:57 AM
agreed
i'd like to have seen what new mags there would be, what skills they added, i'd like to have a choa follow me around or a mag that looks like a little rappy chick. maybe there would be special attacks for spacial mags. like finite peck for baby rappy and so on. i'd feed it all my trimate, little guy has to grow up healthy after all ^^

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 12:58 AM
I played PSZ and own it actually and it was a big disapointment considering the lame Lobby and also the transitions between every single environment...makes it lose immersion and to me that's what these games do best is immerse you into their world...PSZ was the least immersive PS game to date IMO and MAGS didn't help it either

poorblackman
Aug 31, 2010, 01:00 AM
I honestly don't see how mags would play in to the whole universe/portable games besides being useless. Don't get me wrong I love mags but for this generation of Phantasy star games they are a tiny dated it you will

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:01 AM
agreed
i'd like to have seen what new mags there would be, what skills they added, i'd like to have a choa follow me around or a mag that looks like a little rappy chick. maybe there would be special attacks for spacial mags. like finite peck for baby rappy and so on. i'd feed it all my trimate, little guy has to grow up healthy after all ^^

Exactly, I would have loved to of seen what SEGA would have changed them into...Maybe just a pet that follows you around and helps you fight...not some little midget but like a real robotic animal would of been nice...I honestly think it's a shame the PSP versions are not getting MAGS...Wouldn't been so bittersweet to an already amazing game

DoubleJG
Aug 31, 2010, 01:03 AM
Exactly, I would have loved to of seen what SEGA would have changed them into...Maybe just a pet that follows you around and helps you fight...not some little midget but like a real robotic animal would of been nice...I honestly think it's a shame the PSP versions are not getting MAGS...Wouldn't been so bittersweet to an already amazing game

You just described Partner Machines, now known as MySynths.

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:05 AM
Come on, they could just be pet-like creatures...maybe you can modify them to do different special attacks and if you kept them fed they could heal you or revive you if needed...their are many ways they could fit into the Universe series

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:07 AM

Wow, a bland little midget that basically does nothing but stand in your room and then fights alongside you when called apon and virtually nothing else...if anything it's a cheap knockoff replacment to the much more interesting MAGS

Now if the Mysynths could be modified and changed and be unique then they might be pretty cool...in their current stale state to me they are totally LAME

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 01:21 AM
i quite agree, think about it, you walk into your friends room to see there mag walking around, meybe bring yours over. they could add a mini game where you could fight someones mag and get prizes you could only get in these events. mags could be tethered to the player and not take up s spot on the ally roster for parties. like a piece of armor that has some use to it. like one type of mag could act like a scape doll, and another could add buffs or debuff enemies. maybe be used as a temporary storage device.

mags probably could be quite useful now days. lots of ideas to think about :D

Mike
Aug 31, 2010, 01:21 AM
They really are called that? Is this more of the translation team running amok or do they call PMs that in PSU too?

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:26 AM
i quite agree, think about it, you walk into your friends room to see there mag walking around, meybe bring yours over. they could add a mini game where you could fight someones mag and get prizes you could only get in these events. mags could be tethered to the player and not take up s spot on the ally roster for parties. like a piece of armor that has some use to it. like one type of mag could act like a scape doll, and another could add buffs or debuff enemies. maybe be used as a temporary storage device.

mags probably could be quite useful now days. lots of ideas to think about :D

Awesome ideas!
The MAGs could evolve and all have different abilities to help players out for MANY reasons...their are literally a ton of possiblities...no one thinks anymore lol

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 01:31 AM
the best mag idea yet. i thief type mag, gives you a chance that an enemy drops more items. could be a nice little buff. or more messata per drop.

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:34 AM
the best mag idea yet. i thief type mag, gives you a chance that an enemy drops more items. could be a nice little buff. or more messata per drop.

It could look like a Robin ( Hint, Robin Hood lol) or a Fox since foxes are known to be sneaky....Interesting lol

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 01:37 AM
I'm going to be hated for this but...

just play PSO/PSZ

DoubleJG
Aug 31, 2010, 01:41 AM
They really are called that? Is this more of the translation team running amok or do they call PMs that in PSU too?

It's the good ol' translation team running amok, as always. They were known as Partner Machines in PSU, but sadly not in PSPo2.

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:42 AM

just play PSO/PSZ

Hmmm, PS0 isn't online anymore unless you play on illegal servers which is LAMEEE....also, PSZ has barely anyone that plays and the game itself is LAMEEE, especially 60 hours in....

I would rather play a much more featured game like PSPo2 which I will be playing...i'm just voicing my oppinion about how I think MAGs should be included somehow...so you telling me to go play something else is invalid and really has nothing to to with the topic at hand....

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 01:45 AM
Hmmm, PS0 isn't online anymore unless you play on illegal servers which is LAMEEE....also, PSZ has barely anyone that plays and the game itself is LAMEEE, especially 60 hours in....

I would rather play a much more featured game like PSPo2 which I will be playing...i'm just voicing my oppinion about how I think MAGs should be included somehow...so you telling me to go play something else is invalid and really has nothing to to with the topic at hand....

The JP servers for PSOBB are still up. =)

P.S. that private server isn't illegal, but it does suck.

DoubleJG
Aug 31, 2010, 01:46 AM

I wonder how populated they are these days. Any idea?

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 01:48 AM

just play PSO/PSZ

T.T, sorry not for another two days...

no hate though.

on another note, it would be nice to make a game around choa/ mags. maybe medabots. like i won this fight, give me your arm!

3d modeling isn't hard, but programing is way to boring.

usonica
Aug 31, 2010, 01:51 AM
medabots! wow :( I miss that cartoon.
I think it would be cool to have them as a mini game kinda pet.

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 01:51 AM
I wonder how populated they are these days. Any idea?

360 players as of this moment, apparently.
They're trying to get PSO Episode III working, kudos to them...

Mike
Aug 31, 2010, 01:52 AM
It's the good ol' translation team running amok, as always. They were known as Partner Machines in PSU, but sadly not in PSPo2.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14716

Tell it to 'em, Charlie Brown.

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:54 AM

I don't want to play an old game anyway, I want SEGA to make a true sequel and not take any of the core features out and just add to the game, graphically, and to balance it, stop glitches, and the like...

That's one of the reaon's many people hated PSU including myself, because it was seriously a MESS...nothing like the original besides the general feel of environments and combat...Everything else from the art style, the removal of MAGS, and the pointless huge towns with multiple shops made the game unbearable to me....

I love new things but their is such thing as changing too much and I think PSU was changed for the worse...PSPo2 however from the demo seems alot simliar to PSO in terms of pacing, items, main lobby, and the addition of more PSO content...which I LOVE!

I just whish their where some form of MAG again is all...if that's asking too much, sue me

DoubleJG
Aug 31, 2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14716

Tell it to 'em, Charlie Brown.

LOL, ah, a good laugh for the ride home.

@ Izuna, are you referring to the jp PSOBB? They're trying to get Ep3 up for it? Wow, that sounds awesome.

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 01:58 AM
@ Izuna, are you referring to the jp PSOBB? They're trying to get Ep3 up for it? Wow, that sounds awesome.

Private Server is working on Episode III; JP server is same old Episode IV dirt.

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 01:59 AM
I don't want to play an old game anyway, I want SEGA to make a true sequel and not take any of the core features out and just add to the game, graphically, and to balance it, stop glitches, and the like...

That's one of the reaon's many people hated PSU including myself, because it was seriously a MESS...nothing like the original besides the general feel of environments and combat...Everything else from the art style, the removal of MAGS, and the pointless huge towns with multiple shops made the game unbearable to me....

I love new things but their is such thing as changing too much and I think PSU was changed for the worse...PSPo2 however from the demo seems alot simliar to PSO in terms of pacing, items, main lobby, and the addition of more PSO content...which I LOVE!

I just whish their where some form of MAG again is all...if that's asking too much, sue me

um i think mike stated they MIGHT be making a pso2. but right now its to confusing to tell. with the upcoming events being jumbled at the 10th anniversary of the jp pso game coming up. i'm crossing my fingers for a pso2 for wii!

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 02:01 AM
um i think mike stated they MIGHT be making a pso2. but right now its to confusing to tell. with the upcoming events being jumbled at the 10th anniversary of the jp pso game coming up. i'm crossing my fingers for a pso2 for wii!

I don't own a Wii so I would hope it came to the 360 as well...I have heard rumors that it is

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 02:05 AM
I don't own a Wii so I would hope it came to the 360 as well...I have heard rumors that it is

360!!

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 02:05 AM
same here, i don't own a 360. personally i hope for all systems but i doubt it. some one will get back stabbed, that's how sega runs things.(i love sega, they bring me sonic 4.... )

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 10:06 AM
I miss my mags... *sigh*
Not for the stat reason really, but from the whole appearance standpoint.
That slot was my favorite... Other than the weapon slot! *cough*

Someone said it was a "dated concept"? I don't see how really. Dated? In what way?
I fell like losing this slot is a step back. Less customization... Although we get more of this in other forms, it still won't be the same.

Never knowing what you'll get next in a mag was one of the reasons I played PSO for so long...
PSZ brought it back... mostly. (Although it would've been better if you couldn't feed them weapons!)

Eh, I just really enjoyed them.
The first time I heard about PSU, WAY back before any details were released.... I was always thinking... "I wonder what kind of new Mags we'll see!"

Tyreek
Aug 31, 2010, 12:10 PM
PMs/MySynth are the closest you're gonna get. Then again, there's the Madoogs/Shadoogs, which are technically MAGs themselves, or as close to a homage to them.

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 12:28 PM
PMs/MySynth are the closest you're gonna get. Then again, there's the Madoogs/Shadoogs, which are technically MAGs themselves, or as close to a homage to them.

Yep and those are all LAMEEEEE

Tyreek
Aug 31, 2010, 12:31 PM
But they are MAGs nonetheless.

Aspect
Aug 31, 2010, 12:33 PM
I actually like the Mags in the new one since you could actually have them do something. What would be cool is if you could just buy a mag feed it to evolve into a R-Mag or Tech-Mag. Their stats and elements are based on what you feed them so they grow along with your character...then again grinding a Mag would be lame...Maybe we should just be happy with the ones we got?

Tyreek
Aug 31, 2010, 12:36 PM
That concept is actually not bad. And that has been something I thought of during my PSO days. MAGs should have capabilities beyond just buffing your characters stats. They are assist type machines after all. That is why I approved of the Madoog/Shadoog system in PSU. Because they actually WILL do something, besides just a photon blast.

Witchblade56
Aug 31, 2010, 12:41 PM
I thought the PMs in universe were similar? I had fun growing mine and watching it evolve. That did remind me of my mags in PSO. I was almost always busy feeding mags and then giving them to friends that didn't have the patience to swap them from character to character for different evolutions in appearance etc. That part I missed when dealing with my pm in psu.

In psp and psp2 there's very little involvement with your pm as far as indepth growth is concerned. You can modify it's appearance and it's elemental resistances in psp2 but that's really it. I really miss the level of complexity involved with growing the original pso mags. On the other hand I really enjoy what psp2 has to offer as far as customizability with our toons. Adding oldstyle pso mags I think would make things too easily over powered for the game to remain a source of constant challenge. Think about it with all the different units we have now that boost ATA ATP MST, the game would literally have to be overhauled to rebalance everything. I remember playing xbox pso and seeing that cheat unit "al rappy" on some people. Was ridiculously overpowered and then seeing the 200 ATP mags along with them? Mobs died way too fast and when these people were in rooms while I was lower level I just left because I couldn't get any exp with a level 7 humar running amoc with a tsumikiri J sword.

Sorry for the rambling, back on OP mags would be cool if they rebalanced the game along with the changes for including mags. I mean how cool was it running around with event items like devil wings or tails ? Or angels wings? I mean imagine it now with that halo visual unit and angels wings on an oldschool fonewearl with the white jesters hat and gold and white dress? Fun stuff making up costume themes for your toons IMO.

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 12:59 PM
Mobs died way too fast and when these people were in rooms while I was lower level I just left because I couldn't get any exp with a level 7 humar running amoc with a tsumikiri J sword.

I hope this was a joke.

A level 7 with the ability to use a J-sword is an impossibility.
With 4 God powers, AND 200 ATP on a mag, you still wouldn't have enough to wield that monstrosity.

Sorry to ruin that one.

to be on topic once again.
the "Mags" is PSU don't do much. They're now a weapon... No customization involved.
They cast, just like a wand or a rod, yet in the off-hand slot.

While some people say it is better... I see it being useful if you want to slice or shoot something... and just sneak resta in there to heal!

It is something completely different than what a mag was, other than looks perhaps.

BIG OLAF
Aug 31, 2010, 01:17 PM
For the short time I played PSO, and when I got PSZ, I hated Mags. They were way too much of a chore, what with the feeding, and making sure you're leveling up the correct stat, finding out which items to feed it. I don't really think it was worth the trouble and effort, especially once you got one maxed out. I never understood people who leveled truckloads of them. The thought of that makes me cringe.

The Partner Machines (and NPCs) in PSP2 are much better, since they're a separate entity from the player, and follow your instructions when you give them. It's a very nice feature.

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 01:32 PM
For the short time I played PSO, and when I got PSZ, I hated Mags. They were way too much of a chore, what with the feeding, and making sure you're leveling up the correct stat, finding out which items to feed it. I don't really think it was worth the trouble and effort, especially once you got one maxed out. I never understood people who leveled truckloads of them. The thought of that makes me cringe.

The Partner Machines (and NPCs) in PSP2 are much better, since they're a separate entity from the player, and follow your instructions when you give them. It's a very nice feature.

In PSZ, they were cake. You can make it out in any stat you like in literally one sitting.

PSO, while I wouldn't say it was a "chore", it was much more tedious.
I just fed it what I felt like, you don't have to go for the best thing out there.
Trial and error. It's one of the most basic strategies.

Partner machines? Useful?
They're just another person to bring along in the party. Nothing unique there.
In fact, I won't even use mine once I get more members to fill my party up.

ZeroXRaven
Aug 31, 2010, 01:52 PM

LOL dude the PM and NPCs are NOTHING like MAGs...what r u smoking...MAGs are like a part of your character

Ethateral
Aug 31, 2010, 02:25 PM
MySynths (Synthetics), are more than enough. Mags belong in PSO/PSZ. They wouldn't and should not belong in the Universe world. They're a bit out-dated in my opinion. PMs are basically a more "evolved" MAG that goes into battle with you, creates items for you (PSU), and uses their special (SUV) when they aren't full of derp derp (PSU). Even better in PSP2, they follow you commands and are not full of "derp".

Witchblade56
Aug 31, 2010, 02:28 PM
On xbox pso it was possible. I know because a guy showed me that he had 4 al rappy units and a 200 power mag. So yeah anyone who had played on the oldschool pso xbox (not
360) would know. No it wasn't impossible my fellow pso worlder :)

Does no one remember the advent of seeing those al rappy units in pso xbox? It was like 200 ATP per unit if I recall correctly. It was ridiculous.

UberRottweiler
Aug 31, 2010, 03:00 PM
In my opinion, MAGs could be pointless in this game because you have already SUVs, Mirage Blast and Nano Blast, dont get me wrong, I'm a big fan of good old PSO, Photon Blasts were cool and I enjoyed feeding them and getting rare MAGs for my characters, and it was very fun back then, I think that they should bring more old MAG models to the RCSM and TSCM collections like they did with Rukmin and Shato for example, I was hoping to see Rati, Deva, Diwari, Nidra, Chao, etc.

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 03:02 PM
On xbox pso it was possible. I know because a guy showed me that he had 4 al rappy units and a 200 power mag. So yeah anyone who had played on the oldschool pso xbox (not

Does no one remember the advent of seeing those al rappy units in pso xbox? It was like 200 ATP per unit if I recall correctly. It was ridiculous.

There was a such thing?!
*cry* I guess I missed it.
Man, that would've really boosted me up! I wish I had gotten it.
Yeah... I played PC, Xbox, and PC. I guess I'm unlucky... *sigh*

Ok, I see your point now. That's truly ridiculous.
I also know there were a bunch of annoying hackers. For me at least...

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 03:04 PM
I think that they should bring more old MAG models to the RCSM and TSCM collections like they did with Rukmin and Shato for example, I was hoping to see Rati, Deva, Diwari, Nidra, Chao, etc.

This'd be good enough for me.
I'm super posting today in this thread! Muahaha.

Witchblade56
Aug 31, 2010, 04:25 PM
Does anyone know if the sonichi model made it into psp2? I know it was in the first phantasy star portable.

I miss my Ila mag that one was cool and it was a 185 mst mag. Home grown goodness right there. The closest thing to it in psu was an S rank aoti ranged. I don't remember it's name but it sat on both sides of your character instead of just one side and was RA equippable only? Someone correct me on this I can't jump on my psu character anymore to check the name.

The blasts that the mags were able to do have been replaced by SUV weapons nanoblasts and mirage blasts am I right? The bitch about your mag blast was you had to keep feeding it to keep it at a certain number so that it would continue you to help you either by using reverser or allowing you to use the blast charge.

So much I remember from pso.

Witchblade56
Aug 31, 2010, 04:29 PM
Uh it was called an elsral 13 star ranged mag. Too much trouble to edit my last post on my iPhone lol.

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 05:02 PM
The bitch about your mag blast was you had to keep feeding it to keep it at a certain number so that it would continue you to help you either by using reverser or allowing you to use the blast charge.

So much I remember from pso.

Ah, which reminds me of another thing that makes mags great!
If you kept your sync up... Which was as easy as feeding your mag star atomizers, each mag would do something different under different conditions.

If you fainted, some would revive you, if you got low on health, some would heal you.
Same for entering a boss room and reaching a full PB meter.
The four things helped greatly: Invincibility, Buffing ATP and DFP, healing, and reviving.

Useless? I think not!
Muhaha, my love for mags will never end!

zonron
Aug 31, 2010, 05:25 PM
MAGS FOR EVER!

"En"
Aug 31, 2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry to bring up old posts, but...

I hope this was a joke.

A level 7 with the ability to use a J-sword is an impossibility.
With 4 God powers, AND 200 ATP on a mag, you still wouldn't have enough to wield that monstrosity.

Sorry to ruin that one.

False.

195 Power MAG = +390
4 God/Power = +200
150 Power Materials = +300

+890 alone should be enough to equip it, if you factor in HUnewearl/HUcast/HUcaseal's base ATP at Lv7. HUmars can get +200 more ATP (250 Power Materials) for a total of +1090, which is enough to equip any Hunter-type weapon in the game.

Al Rappy could only be obtained through hacking.

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 06:30 PM
195 Power MAG = +390
4 God/Power = +200

Who the (lack of a better word) would do this? You cap your ATP out at around LV120, so power materials are a complete waste. 50 Luck Materials and MIND Materials (unless cast, that would make it HP Materials) is best. Hit Materials were banned, as I remember.

Those Al Rappies were so (lack of a better word) bootleg. PSOX had the best server though, despite that.

"En"
Aug 31, 2010, 06:31 PM
Who the (lack of a better word) would do this? You cap your ATP out at around LV120, so power materials are a complete waste. 50 Luck Materials and MIND Materials (unless cast, that would make it HP Materials) is best. Hit Materials were banned, as I remember.

I never said it was efficient. Seasqwaa said it was impossible for a Lv7 to equip a Tsumikiri J-Sword, and I was simply proving him/her wrong.

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 06:33 PM
Sorry to bring up old posts, but...

False.

195 Power MAG = +390
4 God/Power = +200

+890 alone should be enough to equip it, if you factor in HUnewearl/HUcast/HUcaseal's base ATP at Lv7. HUmars can get +200 more ATP (250 Power Materials) for a total of +1090, which is enough to equip any Hunter-type weapon in the game.

I certainly didn't take power materials into consideration.
It's incredibly unlikely that this individual took the time to find all of these materials, given the low drop rate.

It takes 910 ATP to use the sword... It's just too much time.

While possible, highly unlikely.
This person was most likely hacking.

They'd be at practically minimum requirements.
It seems planned out from my perspective. Whether hacking or not.
I just can't see why someone's that's sane would waste their time on this.

"En"
Aug 31, 2010, 06:35 PM
I'll agree that this person was most likely using illegitimate means, such as mass-duplicating Power Materials, or using a Lv1000+ hacked mag. However, you used the word, "Impossible," when that simply isn't true. It's very possible. Just difficult.

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 06:40 PM
I certainly didn't take power materials into consideration.
It's incredibly unlikely that this individual took the time to find all of these materials, given the low drop rate.

It takes 910 ATP to use the sword... It's just too much time.

While possible, highly unlikely.
This person was most likely hacking.

They'd be at practically minimum requirements.
It seems planned out from my perspective. Whether hacking or not.
I just can't see why someone's that's sane would waste their time on this.

What? We had hundreds of each material over time, without using cheats. The drop rates aren't that bad when you just don't use them (you have to store them on different characters though).

The person was most likely using cheats, but it is not impossible for someone to have stored all of those power materials for their second character. I used a Double=Cannon at about LV50, it was truly sexy.

Seasqwaa
Aug 31, 2010, 06:43 PM
I'll agree that this person was most likely using illegitimate means, such as mass-duplicating Power Materials, or using a Lv1000+ hacked mag. However, you used the word, "Impossible," when that simply isn't true. It's very possible. Just difficult.

While I see now that it is possible, I really wanted to just say that this individual was most likely hacking. *sigh* for my words always come out wrong.

We were talking about mags in the first place though.
Now, slots and materials, they helped towards that calculation.
People don't blame these for out of the ordinary stats though?

Mags usually are not maxed out in one stat (195, considering mags start with what, 5 DEF?) with beginners. It later becomes some part of core gameplay however.
It added a great deal of planning and work. Much more gameplay.
Bringing them back would definitely give me more and more hours! Much more.

They're trying to make PSP:2 infinity stretch beyond anything they have ever done before... I just feel it avoids mags, in a weak decision.

Izuna
Aug 31, 2010, 06:48 PM
Mags usually are not maxed out in one stat (195, considering mags start with what, 5 DEF?) with beginners. It later becomes some part of core gameplay however.
It added a great deal of planning and work. Much more gameplay.
Bringing them back would definitely give me more and more hours! Much more.

Uh... I wouldn't want them to come back. They're fun to raise, but after they are, all they do is take away from making new characters as they were; I know you can just not transfer Mags, but it gives an itching feeling of irrationality once that happens.

I had a Dreamcast 150+ Power Mag with a Photon Blast on it... How? The ******** server had all sorts of bugs related to Mag raising (Mags taking other Mag stats).

Mag Mag Mag Mag Mag, and something else to put here; I think Mag Mag Mag... I'm sick of them, really.

Seth Astra
Aug 31, 2010, 06:49 PM
In my opinion, MAGs could be pointless in this game because you have already SUVs, Mirage Blast and Nano Blast, dont get me wrong, I'm a big fan of good old PSO, Photon Blasts were cool and I enjoyed feeding them and getting rare MAGs for my characters, and it was very fun back then, I think that they should bring more old MAG models to the RCSM and TSCM collections like they did with Rukmin and Shato for example, I was hoping to see Rati, Deva, Diwari, Nidra, Chao, etc.

On SUVs, Mirage Blasts, and Nano Blasts, I had an idea revolving around this. Basically, each mag would have an elemental type or whatever. This would determine which SUV/MB/NB you get. Only problem is, from my understanding, there are far too many SUVs to fit in. Course, this is just a basic concept.

ZeroXRaven
Sep 1, 2010, 12:45 PM
Uh... I wouldn't want them to come back. They're fun to raise, but after they are, all they do is take away from making new characters as they were; I know you can just not transfer Mags, but it gives an itching feeling of irrationality once that happens.

I had a Dreamcast 150+ Power Mag with a Photon Blast on it... How? The ******** server had all sorts of bugs related to Mag raising (Mags taking other Mag stats).

Mag Mag Mag Mag Mag, and something else to put here; I think Mag Mag Mag... I'm sick of them, really.

Your sick of a core part of Phantasy Stars begginings...your not a true Phantasy Star player in my oppinion.....

TierrenZX
Sep 1, 2010, 12:50 PM
Your sick of a core part of Phantasy Stars begginings...your not a true Phantasy Star player in my oppinion.....

I don't ever recall there being mags in Phantasy Star 1-4 on the Master System and Genesis. Which is where Phantasy Star began.

Online-wise, then sure even though I feel they are not needed. Last thing I need to see are beginning players playing with others with weapons they don't need to be equipping at their level. If they can find a better alternative then we'll see.

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 12:51 PM

You can get sick of anything after being exposed to it for a decade.

ZeroXRaven
Sep 1, 2010, 12:53 PM
I don't ever recall there being mags in Phantasy Star 1-4 on the Master System and Genesis. Which is where Phantasy Star began.

Online-wise, then sure even though I feel they are not needed. Last thing I need to see are beginning players playing with others with weapons they don't need to be equipping at their level. If they can find a better alternative then we'll see.

We are talking about the Online series....A-duh

You can get sick of anything after being exposed to it for a decade.

EXACTLY which is why if they updated them and made them different they would be new and fresh...saying they should to completely removed is blastphemy

GreenArcher
Sep 1, 2010, 01:10 PM

All equipment requirements are based on level, not stats.

Alucard V
Sep 1, 2010, 01:22 PM
EXACTLY which is why if they updated them and made them different they would be new and fresh...saying they should to completely removed is blastphemy

I think your taking things a little to far.

Now I wasn't lucky enough to have played PSO but I have done a lot of reading up on it.
Im not saying somthing like a MADOOG/TECH MAG isn't useful. I to think SEGA droped the ball on that. A non race base Phonton Blast have been nice but it would have just ended up a EXTRA SLOT unit.

ZeroXRaven
Sep 1, 2010, 01:37 PM
I think your taking things a little to far.

Now I wasn't lucky enough to have played PSO but I have done a lot of reading up on it.
Im not saying somthing like a MADOOG/TECH MAG isn't useful. I to think SEGA droped the ball on that. A non race base Phonton Blast have been nice but it would have just ended up a EXTRA SLOT unit.

So stating oppinions is going to far now? All i'm saying is that people should atleast respect the origins of one of my favorite franchises if your going to claim to be a fan. MAGs to me are and probally still will be in PSO 2 (If made) an essential part of the franchise....The point I have been trying to make is that they totally dropped the ball on it like you said because they could have made them into something far greater....

Ethateral
Sep 1, 2010, 01:48 PM
MySynths (Synthetics), are more than enough. Mags belong in PSO/PSZ. They wouldn't and should not belong in the Universe world. They're a bit out-dated in my opinion. PMs are basically a more "evolved" MAG that goes into battle with you, creates items for you (PSU), and uses their special (SUV) when they aren't full of derp derp (PSU). Even better in PSP2, they follow your commands and are not full of "derp".

I'm going to quote myself on this.

Saying someone "Isn't a true fan" because they simply feel Mags are outdated, doesn't give you the right to tell them off. In reality, Mags are what I stated above. You can like Mags all you want. If I wanted to raise anything, I'd go back to Chao raising, now that was exciting back in the day.

To be a smart ass, we do have Mags in the Universe worlds. What do you think TECH-Mags and Range-mags are? Silly novelties that float about with no purpose? :rolleyes:

Ami
Sep 1, 2010, 02:11 PM
PROTIP: When you say Phantasy Star's beginnings, we're pretty much are going to assume you mean PS I-IV so clarify you mean PSO in the future.

Secondly, there's no such thing as "true player" or "true fans" of anything. It's just some BS justification that elitists use to make them feel like they have the right to look down on and or flame other fans/players.

Thirdly, since when did mags single handedly make Phantasy Star Online such an awesome game? The reason I liked it was because the game overall was great and the plot was nice.

Now I played PSO, and I love Mags. I still love my Garuda to death. But I don't feel that Mags should have any factor in the Gurhal-based Phantasy Stars. At least not more than what R-mags and T-mags are already doing.

Dammit Ethateral, I wanna raise some chao now ; ~;

Ethateral
Sep 1, 2010, 02:18 PM
Competely agree, Ami.

Now... If they made a game that was just raising, racing, fighting, fashion shows (LULZ) with Chao, that included a multi-player function, I'd be all over that like white on rice. I used to take them with me around the mall/car rides back during Dreamcast/GBA days. <3

Anon_Fire
Sep 1, 2010, 02:18 PM
PROTIP: When you say Phantasy Star's beginnings, we're pretty much are going to assume you mean PS I-IV so clarify you mean PSO in the future.

Secondly, there's no such thing as "true player" or "true fans" of anything. It's just some BS justification that elitists use to make them feel like they have the right to look down on and or flame other fans/players.

Thirdly, since when did mags single handedly make Phantasy Star Online such an awesome game? The reason I liked it was because the game overall was great and the plot was nice.

Now I played PSO, and I love Mags. I still love my Garuda to death. But I don't feel that Mags should have any factor in the Gurhal-based Phantasy Stars. At least not more than what R-mags and T-mags are already doing.

Dammit Ethateral, I wanna raise some chao now ; ~;

Agrees with Ami.

And another thing is, MAGs made low level characters too powerful, like you weilding a Musashi early-on

Alucard V
Sep 1, 2010, 02:33 PM
I wanna raise some chao now ; ~;

Competely agree, Ami.

Now... If they made a game that was just raising, racing, fighting, fashion shows (LULZ) with Chao, that included a multi-player function, I'd be all over that like white on rice. I used to take them with me around the mall/car rides back during Dreamcast/GBA days. <3

Who knows maybe the next great Phantasy Star will with a Chao Garden.
That would be really relaxing.

RedLeader
Sep 1, 2010, 02:33 PM
I don't understand why you're so obsessed with mags in the first place. Sure I liked them, when I was like 1-50. Once I got into the higher levels though all they became was a chore for extra stats. Personally, i'd be happy if they never let mags see the light of day ever again. Nothing I hated more than having to waste my time and effort feeding them.

Man chao garden really takes me back to all the days I spent in it on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Ami
Sep 1, 2010, 02:37 PM
Who knows maybe the next great Phantasy Star will with a Chao Garden.
That would be really relaxing.
Actually....that's not a bad idea. Like Casino Voloyal but without the slu-I MEAN workers <o<

Alucard V
Sep 1, 2010, 02:46 PM
Actually....that's not a bad idea. Like Casino Voloyal but without the slu-I MEAN workers <o<

I was thinking more of a "My Room" thing but your idea works.

I mean why not inport a Choa from a PSP or DS.
Look at Nintendogs....

Alucard V
Sep 1, 2010, 02:50 PM
I want my Game Cube back now.... T-T
I had Sonic Adventure DX......

Ethateral
Sep 1, 2010, 02:53 PM
I want my Game Cube back now.... T-T
I had Sonic Adventure DX......

Sept. 15 I believe it was, Sonic Adventure DX will be available on the LIVE Marketplace for 800 points. <3 More Chao loving shall ensue!

@Ami: A huge area as big as the Casino with Chao running around? Race counters, karate counters, etc... I do wants, haha.

Alucard V
Sep 1, 2010, 02:59 PM
Sept. 15 I believe it was, Sonic Adventure DX will be available on the LIVE Marketplace for 800 points. <3 More Chao loving shall ensue!

@Ami: A huge area as big as the Casino with Chao running around? Race counters, karate counters, etc... I do wants, haha.

Swweeeettttnneessss^^

I still want a Sonic the Hedgehog Partner Mechine tho.....

Ethateral
Sep 1, 2010, 03:07 PM
Swweeeettttnneessss^^

I still want a Sonic the Hedgehog Partner Mechine tho.....

I want a Shadow, Knuckles and Chao partner machine. <3

Alucard V
Sep 1, 2010, 03:43 PM
I want a Shadow, Knuckles and Chao partner machine. <3

I could see a Shadow partner machine.

GH 666.....

Aeris
Sep 1, 2010, 04:39 PM
If only they did, they still using the partner system from PSU.

Naruuchiha1313
Sep 1, 2010, 06:49 PM

lol, little midget, in psp2, i chose that wierd kangaroo robot guy, it at first the "snort snort" was funny, but now it annoys me so much, mags would have been cool, i love feeding my mag in psz, and they add more customization to your character, like wings, a pet, etc. i like them

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 06:56 PM

You would probably just complain about the changes. ^^;

Mike
Sep 1, 2010, 07:23 PM
Proper Chao raising needs a VMU.

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 07:39 PM

Thank you, how could you raise a Chao on a handheld without playing Pairs all day?

ZeroXRaven
Sep 1, 2010, 08:02 PM
You would probably just complain about the changes. ^^;

I am not even complaining about anything really. I am only complaining when someone complains about my oppinion. If I recieved intelligent responses maybe I wouldn't even comment...Saying I wish something was in a game is not complaining, it's voicing an oppinion and everyone is acting like i'm attacking people and it's funny because i'm the one clearly being attacked for my oppinion but it's whatever, i'm mature enough to not burst out on these people calling me some elitest because I claim to be a true fan...a true fan is a self title someone gives themselves when they are dedicated to something and anyone who says otherwise really doesn't matter because I say what I am because I know me ok? ok...

Honestly I just get out of all these responses a sense of sarcasm, making fun (of an oppinion), and just being rude...that's just me I guess....Most forums R that way so I guess it's to be expected...

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 08:05 PM
I am not even complaining about anything really. I am only complaining when someone complains about my oppinion. If I recieved intelligent responses maybe I wouldn't even comment...Saying I wish something was in a game is not complaining, it's voicing an oppinion and everyone is acting like i'm attacking people and it's funny because i'm the one clearly being attacked for my oppinion but it's whatever, i'm mature enough to not burst out on these people calling me some elitest because I claim to be a true fan...a true fan is a self title someone gives themselves when they are dedicated to something and anyone who says otherwise really doesn't matter because I say what I am because I know me ok? ok...

Honestly I just get out of all these responses a sense of sarcasm, making fun (of an oppinion), and just being rude...that's just me I guess....Most forums R that way so I guess it's to be expected...

I meant if Mags were changed, you'd probably complain about them not being similar... that was a weird way to interpret my post.

Mike
Sep 1, 2010, 08:09 PM
Thank you, how could you raise a Chao on a handheld without playing Pairs all day?
How else are you going to get those fruits to boost it's stats?

Ethateral
Sep 1, 2010, 08:12 PM

That's all I did back in my Dreamcast days, lol. <3

ZeroXRaven
Sep 1, 2010, 08:13 PM
I meant if Mags were changed, you'd probably complain about them not being similar... that was a weird way to interpret my post.

I was answering multiple posts after reading through the more recent ones and no I would welcome change....actually when Universe came out I expected some awesome new MAG features, instead their where downplayed and disappointed me

Tyreek
Sep 2, 2010, 08:53 AM
Lets keep in mind, that this isn't the Ragol saga anymore, where MAGs did have a backstory as to their existence in the first place dealing with the D-cells and MOTHER if I'm not mistaken. But Universe is a new story, in a different dimension. (ableit the ridiculous amount of fanservice being poured into it from PSO.) PMs were the definitive role of MAGs in that series. In actuality, they should be the ones that need change. Which technically they were better in the PSP series, though they dropped their primary weapon creation features. To be quite honest, I don't think MAGs would really mesh well with that story. They've implemented them in sorts as a more combative role as autonomous machines. For that I am actually thankful. Its a tip of a hat to them, but at the same time, they are more enjoyable to deal with as being assist type machines, which is why I LOVE R-Mags.

Izuna
Sep 2, 2010, 09:29 AM
I was answering multiple posts after reading through the more recent ones and no I would welcome change....actually when Universe came out I expected some awesome new MAG features, instead their where downplayed and disappointed me

I would prefer if MySynths or Partner Machines could be levelled up like Mags, and that you can give them equipment.

Angelo
Sep 2, 2010, 10:44 AM
Can't say I miss MAGs too much.

ZeroXRaven
Sep 2, 2010, 11:09 AM
I would prefer if MySynths or Partner Machines could be levelled up like Mags, and that you can give them equipment.

Now that's a great idea! lol

Witchblade56
Sep 2, 2010, 11:10 AM
Customizing the equipment that they have and armors etc would be interesting. Changing their types to accomodate what job you're on at a given moment being already available is still nice.

I don't personally complain about not having mags save for the change inappaerance you could make to your characters wih things suck as the davil wings or tail or the jaguar tail etc. Angel wings as well. They had an intrinsic use coupled with being an appearance accessory that allowed for a fashion statement. I kinda miss that aspect.

That's not to say that we we have right now isn't better in so far as customization is concerned. Mags just added that little extra.

I can see the point that this is a different dimension so to speak and mags are not an integral portion of the universe theme. Tech mags and ranged mags definitely have their place here though. They do more than just look cute floating next to your toon.

Izuna
Sep 2, 2010, 11:44 AM
I have always taken to using the 440, which is definitely my favourite; if I could give her a Spread Needle instead of the shotgun she uses at LV200... now that would be awesome.

:ground: Stun!

Tyreek
Sep 2, 2010, 12:02 PM
This should have been something that could have been implemented in the PM/MySynth system. Allowing it to be equipped armor and weaponry. And for a little strategic spice, give it some limited weapon types to differentiate it from other variations.

Witchblade56
Sep 2, 2010, 12:44 PM
In it's current iteration though it's a big improvement over what was given to us to use in psu

Seasqwaa
Sep 2, 2010, 01:15 PM
They do more than just look cute floating next to your toon.

Must I go on?
They do more! grrrr

Krank32oz
Sep 2, 2010, 01:37 PM
Yea I mean any + to stats doesn't seem useless to me. Yes they wouldn't play as pivotal of a role as they did but it still would make the game more customizable and add more depth. I would like to see mags again. They also make your char look sweet as well. But that's just my opinion!

Witchblade56
Sep 2, 2010, 01:44 PM
Lol sea as I've said in previous posts they indeed do more. Boosting stats and allowing the use of blasts etc.