PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB + PSO PC

Talwin
Aug 31, 2010, 06:01 AM
Hey!

So I've been bitten by the PSO bug yet again! :-P The GF and I used to play the GC split screen version all the time, but this time round I've been thinking about getting PSO running on the 2 PC's. ;-)

I've played a little bit of BB before, but didn't get a chance to really test the water and find any difference to the GC version. I was trying to look into the difference today but works blocking most sites I try to visit lol. But I did notice there's a "PSO:PC" and "PSO:BB"

I was hoping one of you clever clogs could fill me in with what the difference is between BB and PC Versions. From what I gather BB has more content and episodes than PC, is this right? :-?

Also - We only ever played through Episode 1 (dang thing, having to unlock levels on single player to play in multi :etongue: ). I don't want to miss the story in Episode 2, so when we play on BB/PC online will we get the storyline or will it just be the levels?

I'm aware the official servers are gone btw :)

HeartBreak301
Aug 31, 2010, 06:23 AM
PSOPC is the PC port of Dreamcast version 2. Item statistics, weapon percents and everything else aside from core gameplay will be very different to you coming from GC. PC also only has Episode 1 available to it. PSOBB I recommend much more because its basically PSOGC with an expansion pack on it. Nothing new to learn aside from some new items and areas. Also PSOBB's population VASTLY outweighs PSOPC's population.

As for getting the storyline, all you need to do is play through the government quests in sequence.

Raikomaru
Aug 31, 2010, 06:26 AM
Yea, BB has way more shizz than PC; definitely play BB (it rawks + it's what I have found to be my favorite version of PSO) and I know at least on the server I play on all the areas are automatically unlocked, but you're still perfectly free to play them in order and all the story-quests are available! BB FTW, woot! :wacko:

Talwin
Aug 31, 2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks HeartBreak301! :edit: and Raikomaru!

*High 5's all round*

Raikomaru
Aug 31, 2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks Raiko!

*High 5*

oh, you're very welcome

Talwin
Aug 31, 2010, 07:08 AM
Check the edit bruv :p

Raikomaru
Aug 31, 2010, 07:43 AM
lol, gotcha :wacko:

Mystic_Nessly
Oct 9, 2010, 09:49 PM
Really, the ONLY reason to play PSO PC is for nostalgia or because you don't like the new content from Episode 2 or new content from Blue Burst. Really, Blue Burst is the superior game. TONS more stuff to do.

zandra117
Oct 10, 2010, 05:16 AM
Both versions have their perks.

PSOv2 PC = Episode 1 only, No FOmar, No RAmarl, No HUcaseal, Higher difficulty, Different Lighting and Graphical effects, Some weapons look different, Floating ghost faces at Dark Falz, can play with Dreamcast and Gamecube players online on the private server, Mods allowed online on most servers as long as it doesnt directly interfere with other players.

PSOBB = Episode 1, 2, and 4, Easier than PSOv2 PC, No more floating ghost faces at Falz (sadly), no offline mode unless you mod it, incompatible with GC and DC, More Players, Legit only on most servers.