PDA

View Full Version : Yeesh, Talk about weird luck....

Orange_Coconut
Mar 8, 2003, 12:40 PM
*sigh* Yesterday I was doing my daily quest of (forget the name) Addicting Sweets (?). Well anyway, I had been stopping off at each place that had atleast 4 ob lillies to pipe for a Mil every once in a while. I have had the worst luck ever. I ran into 1 that gave me a resist flame, 2 that gave me meseta, and 1 that (For some reason) didn't get killed because a nearby Ob Lily killed me, lol. Well I was POed about that since I had 55 EDK and I never ot killed before until the Mil Lily came. So today I was near a room with four lillies and I noticed I had no Antiparalysis left (I only bring Delsabers Buster with me, I know I forgot to trade back the guns from my ranger..) So I went back to get them, and when I piped back I saw a Mil lily in the right corner. I was sooo glad I picked up 3 scape dolls just incase (I got paranoid, so sew me, lol) I couldn't make it through the mission. My character cannot take much damage and I didn't have any resist devils equipped so she was 25 EDK at the time. Well, nonetheless, I killed the Mil Lily (exactly as an Ob Lily killed me) and through the red screen I saw a bright red box! I was like "Yes!" But as the screen turned normal again (scape doll revival) I thought "It had better not be a Photon Drop..." Since that happened to me with the Crimson Assassin (who is supposed to drop the Asuka for me, Redria). Well, I went over and, there it was, My very own Demolition Comet! The weirdest thing though, is that I also got lucky with a Red Slicer find with 35% hit, 30% Dark and I think 5% Native. I don't know if that's a good weapon, it seems nice for a slicer but the ones I have I get sick of, heh. So yeah, that was my lucky run, compared to my incredibly unlucky run the previous time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TheDarkRaven
Mar 8, 2003, 02:56 PM
I have never seen a rare monster in all the time I have played PSO which is about 300 hours. I feel like an idiot. You are so lucky with all those Mil Lillies even tho they ripped you off a bunch of times.

TheHulk4
Mar 8, 2003, 02:59 PM
That was a nice story =0)

dj_dan
Mar 8, 2003, 03:07 PM
If you're going to be hunting Lillies in Ult here are a few tips.

Have high EDK, but it seems you know that.
One thing you have to watch out for though; when a Mil Lilly is around it has a higher level Megid (which also shoots a lot faster too) AND it upgrades all the other Lillies' Megid around it.

So if 55 EDK was doing the job, it might not with a Mil Lilly around. It's always a good idea to have a few scapes.

Finally, if you get really paranoid about dying, or have run out of scapes and don't want to risk losing that rare monster, just stand in the hallway and cast Gifoie.

Sure it's slow and weak, but it has no risk at all.

Blue-Hawk
Mar 8, 2003, 06:40 PM
and use a handgun when dealing with lillies, if your a hunter. or a rifle class weapon if your a ranger.

Cloud_01
Mar 8, 2003, 06:46 PM
Yup, that's what I do and it works well. I've gotten two Demolition Comets off of Mil Lillies with my Bluefull Humar.

Using any close range weapon against a Mil Lilly is just not the way to go, unless you plan on getting killed.

G0D
Mar 8, 2003, 10:11 PM
Actually an experienced Pso Player could handle it, all you have to do is get in between them and they will not shoot megid close-Range and just attack with a Physical hit, but thats just me i can afford a few sol atomizers for those nasty status affects

Cloud_01
Mar 8, 2003, 10:34 PM
Well it's better to take the easier route and kill them from a distance with a gun type weapon. You are also less likely to get killed.

TheHulk4
Mar 8, 2003, 10:54 PM
I'm a HUcast and I've killed plenty of Mil Lilies
I have never been killed with a Mil in the Room
You just have to do it right
I drop Frreze Traps and attack with Swords