PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 on PSP Go?!

Lichfiend
Sep 1, 2010, 10:18 AM
When I first got my PSPgo (ebay, cheap :P), I was psyched to see there was a demo for PSP1 on the PSN. Then I found out there was no digital download of the full version :cry:. Please tell me that PSP2 will have a PSN download available from day one?!?! Just got the demo and it is pretty phantastic ^^; . I've been scouring the internet trying to find any inkling or news about digital download for PSP2, but no dice yet. Am I going to have to miss out on yet another Phantasy Star because I bought a PSPgo?

-- Lichfiend

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 1, 2010, 10:22 AM
very possible...it haappen the same to me XD with the jp version...anyway just wait and see it on the psn....

Lichfiend
Sep 1, 2010, 10:30 AM
I actually just went to the wiki for PSP2, and apparently the Japanese launch saw a digital download version. Here's hoping for the US! I needs to get my CAST on :P

Roontek
Sep 1, 2010, 10:30 AM
Let's hope so. I really feel that PSP games could use some sort of official software that will allow you to copy game files from a UMD to your memory card or internal memory with the Go.

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
There will be a PSN release, it has already been confirmed.

r00tabaga
Sep 1, 2010, 11:30 AM
I D/L'd the full JP version of PSPo2 on my PSPgo and it's also been said 100 TIMES that the US/EU version will be on PSN as well.

r00tabaga
Sep 1, 2010, 11:35 AM
...as a matter of fact, it has also been stated by SOA that those who digitally D/L the game automatically are registered for on-line play, whereas UMD players will have to input a code. I personally love the placement of the left analog stick & the screen resolution of PSPgo over the older models. Load times are much faster as well!

I am a little jealous of not having a hard copy with case & artwork though :(

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 11:43 AM
...as a matter of fact, it has also been stated by SOA that those who digitally D/L the game automatically are registered for on-line play, whereas UMD players will have to input a code. I personally love the placement of the left analog stick & the screen resolution of PSPgo over the older models. Load times are much faster as well!

I am a little jealous of not having a hard copy with case & artwork though :(

You can have my JP box/instructions if you're willing to pay for the post charges. I'm serious, it makes me sad looking at it.

parabolee
Sep 1, 2010, 12:05 PM
You can have my JP box/instructions if you're willing to pay for the post charges. I'm serious, it makes me sad looking at it.

Why does it make you sad looking at it?

I'll happily pay for the postage of them! (to me I mean).

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 12:10 PM
Why does it make you sad looking at it?

I'll happily pay for the postage of them! (to me I mean).

If you can come up with a reason, I'll let you pay for the postage to you instead.

Akaimizu
Sep 1, 2010, 12:33 PM
The Go has better analogue stick placement, but the D-pad placement to it is worse. It's not as good for the Claw control scheme, for controlling camera and movement at the same time.

On the other hand, built-in functionality to using PS3 controllers is a huge plus, particularly if you connect the Go to the big screen. The PS3 claws wonderfully. (Though I still would've liked the option to map the right stick to the D-pad controls)

r00tabaga
Sep 1, 2010, 01:28 PM
Claw???

"(Though I still would've liked the option to map the right stick to the D-pad controls)", on the PS3 controller.

Yes...yes...and...yes!

Akaimizu
Sep 1, 2010, 01:35 PM
It's a holding position that took off with Monster Hunter on the PS2. It continued through to the Monster Hunter games on the PSP. A similar D-pad camera thing is also used in games like Phantasy Star Portable 2.

What you do is, while keeping your thumb on the analogue, you bring your index finger to the front-side of your PSP or Playstation Console controller. Your index finger rests on the D-pad. You can then simultaneously swing your camera into position while still being able to fully move around with your thumb. The position of your 2 fingers looks like a Crab Claw. So they call it the "Claw" position.

It seems odd at first, but for many people (and a load of MH players) it becomes natural. In those games, I tend to slip in and out of claw hardly thinking about it.

r00tabaga
Sep 1, 2010, 01:41 PM
Interesting............Carpal tunnel syndrome can be a terrible thing though-

Can the 14th get here any S L O W E R ? ? ?

parabolee
Sep 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
If you can come up with a reason, I'll let you pay for the postage to you instead.

My reason is that I want to download from PSN so I can play from my memory card (faster load times). But I really really want the case with the artwork for my Phantasy Star Collection (it will go on display with the other PSO cases).
:-D

EDIT: Oh wait you meant a reason why it makes you sad? Hmm, because it's not PSPo2 Infinity? Or because you paid a lot to import it and now it's out in English? Or maybe you hate the artwork?

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
EDIT: Oh wait you meant a reason why it makes you sad? Hmm, because it's not PSPo2 Infinity? Or because you paid a lot to import it and now it's out in English? Or maybe you hate the artwork?

Its one of those three ^^; you can cheat by putting down all answers, try and pick just one.

Tizerak
Sep 1, 2010, 07:22 PM
There will be a PSN release, it has already been confirmed.

Will it be on the 14th out of curiosity?

Izuna
Sep 1, 2010, 07:40 PM

I have no idea, it won't be much later than the Street Date release.

Magician
Sep 2, 2010, 07:17 AM

I have no idea, it won't be much later than the Street Date release.

I hope it's the 14th, I took the 15th to the 17th off from work for PSP2.

r00tabaga
Sep 2, 2010, 07:32 AM
Now that's H A R D C O R E ! ! ! ...lol

r00tabaga
Sep 2, 2010, 09:13 AM
...I think I might be sick on the 14th. <cough> <cough>

parabolee
Sep 2, 2010, 09:50 AM
Its one of those three ^^; you can cheat by putting down all answers, try and pick just one.

OH come on, most people would give some three guesses at something without any clues!

OK If I have to pick one then I guess it's because your upset you paid a lot to import the Japanese version and it's out in English very soon now.

Izuna
Sep 2, 2010, 10:13 AM
OK If I have to pick one then I guess it's because your upset you paid a lot to import the Japanese version and it's out in English very soon now.

Nah, that's wrong. However, PM me your details anyway; I'll try to get the postage sorted out over the weekend.

Izuna
Sep 2, 2010, 10:38 AM
http://dc220.4shared.com/img/375425010/7a016a6e/s7/0.9893941526170026/PICT0003.JPG

That's without the UMD. ^^;

parabolee
Sep 2, 2010, 10:50 AM
http://dc220.4shared.com/img/375425010/7a016a6e/s7/0.9893941526170026/PICT0003.JPG

That's without the UMD. ^^;

Awesome! Thanks :-D

Witchblade56
Sep 2, 2010, 01:17 PM
As far as I know the release dates for the hardcopy and the digital copy will be on the same day which is 9-14-10.

Ruby Eclipse confirmed that us psn store would have the digital copy for sale

Krank32oz
Sep 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
I work at gamestop and in the computer is says Shipping date is the 14th so if you are planning on picking it up at a store they probably wont be getting them till the 15th. Just heads up to all that was hoping to get a hard copy the 14th. I know I was upset when I found this out!

Izuna
Sep 2, 2010, 01:41 PM
I work at gamestop and in the computer is says Shipping date is the 14th so if you are planning on picking it up at a store they probably wont be getting them till the 15th. Just heads up to all that was hoping to get a hard copy the 14th. I know I was upset when I found this out!

If you walk into the store...

r00tabaga
Sep 2, 2010, 01:52 PM
PSN will have it on the 14th...therefore I will have it on the 14th! Does any1 know when PSN updates their store? I ask b/c I'd like to D/L it b4 I head off to work. Is there any chance in hell it is digitally available @ midnite on the 14th???

r00tabaga
Sep 2, 2010, 01:53 PM
...that'd be sweet!

Magician
Sep 2, 2010, 01:55 PM
PSN will have it on the 14th...therefore I will have it on the 14th! Does any1 know when PSN updates their store? I ask b/c I'd like to D/L it b4 I head off to work. Is there any chance in hell it is digitally available @ midnite on the 14th???

In the US, every Tuesday, between 4pm and 7pm CST.

I don't know about EU or JP though.

Akaimizu
Sep 2, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hey Magician. So, when can we get back to hunting stuff in PSP2? You know there's plenty of drops left with our names on them.

Magician
Sep 3, 2010, 07:08 AM
Hey Magician. So, when can we get back to hunting stuff in PSP2? You know there's plenty of drops left with our names on them.

With your level of love and dedication for PSP2 I thought you would've found all of the trial rares by now? :)

I haven't played all week, so I'm game for some hunting tonight.

Akaimizu
Sep 3, 2010, 09:18 AM
I don't have THAT kind of luck. Plus, there were nights I can't play either because of work. I get real busy at this precise time of year. Between 3+ jobs and all. But I do get a little time here and there to run.

You'll be amazed on how many of the rare weapon drops I keep getting as the same weapon I already got. And because my percentages were good, in the first place, the other ones aren't ones I'll keep. I almost have all the Green Green Armors (from checking the shop each time), but the B ranked twins, I'm still working on. They obviously want to keep giving me Ground and Lightning.

However, I do have the Badia table and one of the body part room decos. Hoping to finish that off, though.

Witchblade56
Sep 3, 2010, 09:31 AM
So the ship date will be the 14th? I was led to believe it was the sale date. Hmmm I use gamestop as my resource as well because I have friends that work there. Looks like someone's gettin smacked the **** up!

Akaimizu
Sep 3, 2010, 10:50 AM
Gamestop generally announces Ship Date. So I always plan on the day after, never on the day.

ShinMaruku
Sep 3, 2010, 11:49 AM
Well NY and Cali generally sell as they ship

PSO fan 360
Sep 7, 2010, 12:54 PM
I can download it saves me some money

Anduril
Sep 7, 2010, 01:58 PM
If anyone knows (since I'm just barely getting a PSP, and don't really know), what is usually the cost of a game over the PSN?

r00tabaga
Sep 7, 2010, 02:16 PM
"If anyone knows (since I'm just barely getting a PSP, and don't really know), what is usually the cost of a game over the PSN?"
Same as stores...$39.99 for this D/L

Anduril
Sep 7, 2010, 05:15 PM
Same as stores...$39.99 for this D/L
Hnggghhh... I'm guessing they take the "ease of availability" factor to be worth the same as the physical material of the UMD version of games. Highway robbery!

Akaimizu
Sep 7, 2010, 06:17 PM
That was established straight from the beginning of Sony's surge of downloadable distribution. No real savings from the store releases at all. Oddly enough, particulary for older games, it might be cheaper to find the UMD due to bargain bin prices over the lack thereof for the digital download version. Definitely an area Sony really needs to improve on. Customers, who are especially savvy about costs, compare shop. And it's precisely that which kind of keeps Sony from getting customers on board with their plan so easily. Still, I do make note when they make good on a plan, but one would think the pricing issue would be so blatantly obvious.

Of course, I could never see a flat fee of $40 to be a ripoff for any copy of PSP2. You'll easily pay more than twice that for a game with 10 times less content and goodies. So I give them a pass on this one. (Dr. Claw voice) It's way more than worth the money this time Gadget, this time!

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 8, 2010, 12:17 AM
Well I read in many sites that PSP2 will be avalible through ddl on our countries respective pss(Hopefully for Australia too), I got the US demo on my AUS psp go and its loads of fun. Though i can only go up to LV15 character and LV5 class, I can still collect things for meseta and may get lucky with rares and stuff.

Only con is I would want to get the AUS version but would hate to start over, I'd convert US save to AUS save but everyone says only non-psp go's with cfw can does this. Wish there was another way, I wanna keep my hard work.

Akaimizu
Sep 8, 2010, 09:05 AM
Hmm. That's strange. I would've thought they could've done the conversion of the save on the PC. If so, one would think all PSPs would be included since Save files can always be copied off. The only big warning is whether the modification would send a flag against anybody playing online. The online data verification is pretty strict, and being they probably can't tell whether you were hacking the file for cheats or simply changing the territory, they probably could ban that too.

parabolee
Sep 9, 2010, 08:54 AM
Well I read in many sites that PSP2 will be avalible through ddl on our countries respective pss(Hopefully for Australia too), I got the US demo on my AUS psp go and its loads of fun. Though i can only go up to LV15 character and LV5 class, I can still collect things for meseta and may get lucky with rares and stuff.

Only con is I would want to get the AUS version but would hate to start over, I'd convert US save to AUS save but everyone says only non-psp go's with cfw can does this. Wish there was another way, I wanna keep my hard work.

You can convert your save regardless of CFW, it has nothing to do with it in fact.

I also highly doubt you'll get flagged for doing so either. Sega have a pretty poor record of policing Phantasy Star online games, I'd be shocked if they bothered to figure out how to flag region changed games (why would they even care).

Akaimizu
Sep 9, 2010, 10:33 AM
Because SEGA has been better at catching people with modified Saves in PSP2 than any other previous release. That's why. Heck, the way they caught folks in the Japanese PSP2 release showed more attention to cheating players than I've ever seen, ever. Even for the Japanese releases of the PS franchise. That's the only reason I figured I give the warning.

parabolee
Sep 9, 2010, 10:35 AM
Because SEGA has been better at catching people with modified Saves in PSP2 than any other previous release. That's why. Heck, the way they caught folks in the Japanese PSP2 release showed more attention to cheating players than I've ever seen, ever. Even for the Japanese releases of the PS franchise. That's the only reason I figured I give the warning.

Really? I did not really follow Sega's crackdown on PSPo2 JPN, can you tell me more? Were they banning people for CFW, Cheating, Pirating etc?

What were they cracking down on and how? I'm very interested to know more.

Thanks

Izuna
Sep 9, 2010, 10:38 AM
You had to be reported in the Japanese version, they didn't have a SAVEDATA checker or anything.

Akaimizu
Sep 9, 2010, 01:50 PM
Really. Hmm. I guess the news I got was a bit lacking in details other than their crackdown of hackers. Perhaps they could verify the claims online, but they didn't investigate before a report.

Izuna
Sep 10, 2010, 12:23 AM
They look at your MyCard, since they have unique numbers. They can look at the stats, say... you have killed 20000 monsters yet you have all classes to LV30.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 10, 2010, 03:25 AM
Well first off, I no have CFW. Never knew it existed till getting a psp go off ebay cause I was into psp's again, second never used it either. I'm ok with getting stuff honorably, I only wanted the stuff to be AU/EU from US and nothing more. Plus I'm trying to get online cause I'll need and want to do that when I get the full version from PSN, Phantasy Star games have pretty big social communities. Can't do that now cause the demo online play ended.

Trying to get online with me dodo 3g usb modem was hard enough for me ps3, on my psp go its non-existent. + after I finished updating ofw to 6.30 I canno play psp2 US demo on me PAL based psp go now. Why must bad things happen to good people? No psp2 goodliness, this sucks!!

r00tabaga
Sep 10, 2010, 11:35 AM
Good day mate...

parabolee
Sep 10, 2010, 11:39 AM
Good day mate...

I think you mean G'Day Mate. "Good Day" would be to mock the English, like "Good day Sir!".

:)

Izuna
Sep 10, 2010, 12:20 PM
I think you mean G'Day Mate. "Good Day" would be to mock the English, like "Good day Sir!".

:)

Sure, because cockney is still popular in England...

parabolee
Sep 10, 2010, 12:27 PM
How is "Good day sir" cockney? That's clean English, like "good day to you sir"

"Awight mate" would be cockney. And cockney is still very popular in London, you should know that (your profile says your from London).

I said GOOD DAY SIR :)

Typestatic
Sep 10, 2010, 12:33 PM

Wagwang brah!

orz

Akaimizu
Sep 10, 2010, 12:39 PM
And the 70s show references start. Faulty Towers, perhaps? Hmm. I wonder how many shows had that tag line.

Izuna
Sep 10, 2010, 01:12 PM
How is "Good day sir" cockney? That's clean English, like "good day to you sir"

"Awight mate" would be cockney. And cockney is still very popular in London, you should know that (your profile says your from London).

G'day mate, would be. And cockney is NOT popular in London at all, especially considering the majority of people in London aren't even white/brought up with old fashioned English families. Good day sir is more RP, and even less popular dialect.

Wagwang brah!

orz

That on the other hand... You don't go a day without hearing Wogwan or Boss.

AnamanaAU
Sep 10, 2010, 08:04 PM
I'm in the same boat with PSP2. I'm just going to import a US PSN card and buy it through the US store. It's easy enough to swap between US and EU accounts. Plus, all my PSU pals are from the states anyway.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 10, 2010, 11:22 PM
Well I'm not sure if US and AU/EU players are able to play together or not, probably we all still can. SEGA haven't made any changes to that and I do no think they're gonna start now, basically us not compatible with playing with JPN Servers would still be the same. I could go back to US PSN ID and use Entropay for funding but whats the point? I still canno get online to play online multiplayer anyways.

Tried all the tricks from youtube and... nothing. My only hope now is a wireless router with 3g modem docking station, bet that'll cost an arm and a leg.

Akaimizu
Sep 11, 2010, 07:20 AM
I was wondering if anybody can get their computer *online*, in the dorm. They have another Wi-Fi option without spending much money. Wouldn't a USB Wi-fi dongle, from the computer work? Basically, using that as a means for your computer to share its internet connection and act as a Wi-fi station for the PSP to connect to. Sorry if that was already tried.

I know that even a few years or so back, people used to do that to get Wi-Fi connections even though their computers were on dial-up. (Yeah, definitely not recommended today, but we're talking about a time where a lot of connections were fine with 28 or 56K speeds. You just fooled your device into thinking this was broadband since all Wi-fi is assumed as such).