PDA

View Full Version : Returning Foretecher

Kenshin42
Sep 1, 2010, 03:58 PM
Im a returning foretecher currently level 120 and i was hoping someone could help me out in which items would be best to purchase. I sold everything i had before i elft and i got about 55mil. I heard white beast is popular so il need a light armor but i dont know which armor. And im also guessing Psycho wands are still most used? Also what about the slots on the armor anything change with those?

Thanks For The Help

TheAstarion
Sep 2, 2010, 06:56 PM
If you're sticking with Fortetecher...

Psycho wand is the strongest still, you can get mid grind ones pretty cheap.
Okraod, Gaozoran Rod, Dallgunrod (random damage) and Gaozoran Rod+ are nice alternatives for a fraction of the price. Even a Chao Staff 10/10 will do very well, and cheaply too. It's exclusive to Fortetecher as well.

A 10/10 Shato does nice damage for fast-cast techs still, don't rule it out. Pairing it up with a healing wand gives you a quick heal if need be.

Armas Line is the "best" armour for most pure classes due to its +4 to stamina. For FT though you could try Feril Line, they've got good stats and are pretty cheap. Yiel-Senba is basically a Feril Line with loooooooads of DFP for about ten times the cost.

If you left at lv120, you might not know about Masterforce. They were introduced when the cap went up to 150, and requires Fortetecher 10 and Wartecher 10 to unlock. They use S-rank (and ONLY S-rank) rod, wand, tech-mag and armour. Slots can be any rank though. They have lv50 attack spells (even bigger fireworks!) and lv10 support (short range heals, worse buffs than a megistaride).

People are still using har/quick mostly, but har/smart is the alternative. Your mileage may vary, though... instead of reducing TP by 100, it reduces the range of simple and Ra-techs. Buffs, heals, Gi- and Dam-techs are unaffected. It's expensive though. Also, a hizeri/stamina adds +10 to your endurance; getting it over 21 lets you take deljaban megids on the chest without fear of instant death. You still take damage, but hey.

White Beast is still king, but SEED Express (Paracabana Coast) is usually pretty well populated too. There's also the 3rd floor RSD department with their Advanced Missions where you're reset to lv20, that's the only place you can earn the new Dizas technique.

Shou
Sep 2, 2010, 07:58 PM
Fortetecher is the worst class in the game now in terms of usefulness. If you don't absolutly LOVE fortetecher i suggest staying away from it.

Crysteon
Sep 2, 2010, 09:02 PM
Fortetecher is the worst class in the game now in terms of usefulness. If you don't absolutly LOVE fortetecher i suggest staying away from it.

Therefore: MF >> FT ...lol

unicorn
Sep 2, 2010, 09:29 PM
Its not the worst type. It solos better than Acrotecher, and is more useful than Acrotecher in smaller parties (usually of 4, but people don't know this) since it does more damage with offensive techs (like pre-MF, FT was the best offensive techer).

Only thing is, it fails in parties of 6. Or if an MF and AT are in your party.

Ishia
Sep 2, 2010, 10:40 PM
I rather have an Acrotecher or Masterforce over a Fortetecher, all the time.

Kenshin42
Sep 2, 2010, 11:21 PM
Im going to switch to masterforce :D Thanks For All the help it was much needed.

TheAstarion
Sep 3, 2010, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah, as a side note, Hamsterforce gets the same armour options as FT, except like I said it can't use A-rank or below.

Since it has a higher DFP score than FT, you can use these armours earlier too. Feril Line is usually unusable by FT until waaaaaaaay later, but MF gets it around level 90 or so IIRC.

Yep, all you're gonna miss is the buffing and healing... and for most, not feeling obliged to waste time playing Doctorforce is a good thing. Oh, it also has a speed boost built in, which stacks with a /quick unit, making them cast like they're OD'd on Red Bull.

SolomonGrundy
Sep 3, 2010, 05:54 PM
Its not the worst type. It solos better than Acrotecher, and is more useful than Acrotecher in smaller parties (usually of 4, but people don't know this) since it does more damage with offensive techs (like pre-MF, FT was the best offensive techer).

Only thing is, it fails in parties of 6. Or if an MF and AT are in your party.

Uh,...no AT solo's better than FT in most missions. whip/Saber/dagger PAs + an S rank Power unit makes them very effective. Especiall when it comes to boss fights.

mvffin
Sep 5, 2010, 01:26 AM

Only thing is, it fails in parties of 6. Or if an MF and AT are in your party.Uh,...no AT solo's better than FT in most missions. whip/Saber/dagger PAs + an S rank Power unit makes them very effective. Especiall when it comes to boss fights.

It's sad, but true. Level 20 melee and bullets are enough to rival level 40 attack techs. The speed boost on the melee is what really seals the deal.

unicorn
Sep 5, 2010, 04:00 AM
I think it depends on the mission. Obviously if there is boss, Acrotecher is going to be better. But I can think of missions Fortetecher can run faster than Acrotecher due to lvl 41 (through GAS) techs, such as Groves of Fanatics (including boss), Black Nest, Sleeping Warriors, etc. Basically any mission where pre-GAS/C Masterforce was better than Acrotecher, applies to Fortetecher.

This is because a GAS Fortetecher is > pre-GAS Masterforce.

Of course.... at that point you'd be better off as a Masterforce anyway.

But any type closer to a specialized form of damage is generally stronger than a hybrid, which Acrotecher IS a hybrid.

Why do you think all the techer elitists played Fortetecher exclusively before Masterforce came along? Because it did more damage.

Only reason why Fortetecher is garbage now is because it has no place in parties (Acrotecher and Masterforce get the job done) AND its not a general soloing type. So its just there to be pretty basically.