PDA

View Full Version : Melee Build?

Syre
Sep 2, 2010, 01:41 PM
I'm sure everyone knows you can attack without a weapon and you even get your own PA if you can call it that.

Right now I'm making an all hit mag and trying to find some divine/hits since ATA and ATP will be a problem.

I'm just wondering what would be the best character to try it on.
Also if it'll even be able to sucessfully do a SH Shrine run.

RoxasNeval
Sep 2, 2010, 01:53 PM
hucasts and racasts have higher atp than other classes but i aint a ps0 genius so idk

ps.i added u :p so add me

Chaos Rappy
Sep 2, 2010, 02:20 PM
I'd say a HUnewearl would probably be good; get a nice EVP build, and so long as you won't be getting hit every two seconds, unlike a HUcast, your gamage shouldn't matter too much. I would say HUcasts or RAcasts (or their female counterparts) would be okay, but their low EVP in place of only slightly higher ATP doesn't really help all too much when they don't have a weapon to make better use of it. Also, HUnewearls don't have too bad of ATA either, at least only second to the CAST Hunters (and Rangers, obviously). Just get a good Rika's Suit, EVP Mats, maybe a Slot Unit setup of Div/Swifts with a Compress PA for the occasionally Kick Rush (the Weaponless PA) use, and you should be golden. Just watch ouit for techs and lasers. Even in an EVP build, they have 100% accuracy, and hurt in SH.

Syre
Sep 2, 2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I was actually trying it on my HUnewearl (level 95).
Without my Rika's Claw though my ATA is around 280ish and I can hardly hit anything.
That's using three Divine/Powers and a Compress with an all ATP Mag though.

Cire39
Sep 2, 2010, 05:59 PM
So the PA is called Kick Rush? Where did you find that out?
I've been wondering about that for a while.

Syre
Sep 2, 2010, 06:08 PM
I think it's a pretty good PA, charges fast. =D

@Roxas Added!

Chaos Rappy
Sep 2, 2010, 06:47 PM
The Strategy Guide calls it Kick Rush, so that's how I found out.

As far as utility, I can't see it being at all effective on SH anyways, you'd either need a LOT of ATA (and EVP if you're HUnewearl to dodge even better), so the best I could give you would be to go 40/40 Hit/EVP mats, go pretty high on Hit on your mag, andget EVP units for that, maybe Power Units/Mats if you REALLY feel you can risk taking hits/miossing more than dealing out a little more damage.

Cire39
Sep 3, 2010, 03:52 AM
Even still, I think it would be a pretty fun novelty build.

ZeekTheSweet
Sep 3, 2010, 08:51 AM
Novelty builds=Phantasy Star

Syre
Sep 3, 2010, 01:05 PM
The Strategy Guide calls it Kick Rush, so that's how I found out.

As far as utility, I can't see it being at all effective on SH anyways, you'd either need a LOT of ATA (and EVP if you're HUnewearl to dodge even better), so the best I could give you would be to go 40/40 Hit/EVP mats, go pretty high on Hit on your mag, andget EVP units for that, maybe Power Units/Mats if you REALLY feel you can risk taking hits/miossing more than dealing out a little more damage.

Tried this and went on a SH Shrine run.
Each kick did around 50-100

So yeah, I beat the first room then gave up x]
I think we're going to need some ATP to make this work.