PDA

View Full Version : This is pure inhumanity and evil at its finest.

NegaTsukasa
Sep 2, 2010, 11:48 PM
I'm sure most of you have heard about the lady throwing a cat in the dumpster. well this is by far worse than that. infact it ranks up there with blowing up a building full of pre-schoolers.
it was posted yesterday and quickly reached 4chan (no surprise), from there it reached PETA, whom offered a 2k reward of finding this person and giving her the ultimate justice. now more info is being uncovered and websites are on a riot about this. just over 24 hours since and the internet and news is
swarming with talk.

I give you this. it is incredibly shocking, sick, twisted and horribly sad video of a girl throwing half a litter of puppies into a raging river.
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/08/girl_throws_puppies_in_river.php

watch if you want to. forget about the old lady. she cant even compare to this.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 3, 2010, 12:18 AM
Sad. :disapprove:

Tyreek
Sep 3, 2010, 12:52 AM
There are monsters in all of us. This video proves it no less. But when a monster emerges in a child, it can be deftly frightening...

FOkyasuta
Sep 3, 2010, 12:54 AM
That Evil.He Better Go To Jail For Life!

Ishia
Sep 3, 2010, 02:06 AM
Turns out Michael Bay has pledged a $50k reward for the prosecution of 'dat hoe and the cameraman.

Inevitable arrest is inevitable.

TenebriS
Sep 3, 2010, 05:47 AM
infact it ranks up there with blowing up a building full of pre-schoolers.

never heard such a stupid comparison, sorry but blowing up a building with pre-schoolers is much worser than that

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
Drowning puppies actually has a great deal of historical precedent. It's been long regarded as an efficient and relatively humane way to dispose of unwanted puppies. In decades long passed, people generally didn't have access to fancy "humane" modern methods of euthanizing dogs (such as intracardiac injection, or any method including intravenous or inhalant anesthetic), and puppies tended to be too numerous to waste ammunition on to shoot, when that ammunition could be better spent on hunting food. This meant that unwanted puppies either had to be drowned in a convenient body of water, or have their necks broken quickly, one by one. Of those two methods, which would you choose? The last possibility would be to release them into the wild. This solution tends not to be very effective, because the puppies just wind up as breeding stock for more unwanted puppies-- and that is, of course, assuming that they survive the wild, and don't simply get sick and die, or die from malnourishment. Believe me; the drowning of unwanted puppies is a very ugly act of mercy, not only protecting the puppy from a horrible life (far less "humane" than a swift death of drowning), but also preventing the occurrence of packs of feral dogs, which can cause all sorts of problems.

I don't think I could ever do it myself, but a person isn't a monster just because a video on the internet shows them drowning puppies. It's ugly, but life in the real world isn't always an attractive thing.

In all seriousness, how many puppies would you be capable of taking in, before you would start looking for ways to get rid of them? 5? 10? What happens when they all become adult dogs? Dogs tend to have voracious appetites, they can be very noisy, and given time and numbers, they will destroy your property. This is why we prefer to have the key reproductive bits removed from our pets-- so we don't wind up in a situation where we must perform distasteful acts, such as the drowning of puppies.

We don't live in a Disney movie, folks. Sometimes the things we must do can be pretty ugly.

str898mustang
Sep 3, 2010, 06:09 AM
Watched the vid and turns out the the girl is not speaking english. This has to be in europe or austrailia somewhere. Where ever the bitch is, she needs to be caught and let her be water boarded

Volcompat321
Sep 3, 2010, 06:13 AM
Turns out Michael Bay has pledged a $50k reward for the prosecution of 'dat hoe and the cameraman.

Inevitable arrest is inevitable.

I'd turn my effin mom in for that money.

No shit.

Delete
Sep 3, 2010, 07:26 AM
Wow. That's really all I can say. Damn this world is messed up :/

Chukie sue
Sep 3, 2010, 11:01 AM
If that is inhumanity, then what is this?

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/207443-New-York-Passersby-Ignore-Dying-Homeless-Man-Stabbed-After-Saving-Woman

Now -that- story is lacking the attention it deserves.

Tyreek
Sep 3, 2010, 11:09 AM
And that is a clear case of "Bystander Effect". Which my brother found out about during his time in LA. There was a guy who died from getting shot. What did the people do? Walk by him and over him.

FOkyasuta
Sep 3, 2010, 11:12 AM
Owch Thats Evil. And Kids Grow Up And Find Out What Life Really Is. Its Not All Peachy Like They Thought It Was.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
Apparently some people have tracked her down to a couple possible identities. It seems she lives in Croatia.

Link is relevant but the rest of the site is NSFW, so keep that in mind.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Puppy_Pitcher

New link, apparently the local police have already found her. She's underage and can't be prosecuted, hurr.
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/news/latest/police-nab-puppy-killer

Split
Sep 3, 2010, 04:41 PM
I heard /b/ found the puppy throwing girl's identity and was harassing her and the camera man within a matter of days...creepy

MetaZedlen
Sep 3, 2010, 05:12 PM
I heard /b/ found the puppy throwing girl's identity and was harassing her and the camera man within a matter of days...creepy

and THAT is why one does NOT cross the line with /b/...

drizzle
Sep 3, 2010, 05:17 PM
Killing puppies really brings out the worst in people.

Sinue_v2
Sep 3, 2010, 06:46 PM
Drowning puppies actually has a great deal of historical precedent.

So does slavery, but as you said, that doesn't make it right or any less distasteful... even if it could be seen as necessary. I guess the defining line for me would be the intent behind the gesture. I haven't seen the video, or know the people involved, but it is possible that a person would commit such an act as described simply for the humor, spectacle, and sense of empowerment. Another historic precedent of cruelty to animals would be the gathering of cats into a bag tied to a rope, and lowering them into a bonfire to be burned alive. Initially this was superstition based reaction to the belief that cats were of the devil, and associated with witchcraft. By the 17th and early 18th century though, this was done purely as a form of public entertainment.

Perhaps a better solution to over breeding problems would be to gather up a large group of mongoloids like Lenny from Of Mice and Men and give the puppies to them. Then shoot them.

Wait... let me think about that for a moment. That might not really be a better solution...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2010, 06:54 PM

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/207443-New-York-Passersby-Ignore-Dying-Homeless-Man-Stabbed-After-Saving-Woman

Sat, 24 Apr 2010 07:32 EDT

That's why.

Ishia
Sep 3, 2010, 07:04 PM
My post was deleted. I guess the mods also believe that drowning puppies is the same as blowing up children.

Just as bad if you ask me.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 3, 2010, 09:53 PM
So does slavery, but as you said, that doesn't make it right or any less distasteful... even if it could be seen as necessary. I guess the defining line for me would be the intent behind the gesture. I haven't seen the video, or know the people involved, but it is possible that a person would commit such an act as described simply for the humor, spectacle, and sense of empowerment. Another historic precedent of cruelty to animals would be the gathering of cats into a bag tied to a rope, and lowering them into a bonfire to be burned alive. Initially this was superstition based reaction to the belief that cats were of the devil, and associated with witchcraft. By the 17th and early 18th century though, this was done purely as a form of public entertainment.

There's a steep difference between drowning puppies and burning cats alive. The former is euthanasia. The latter is sheer bloody mindedness. I've watched the video, and while it does seem as though the young woman enjoyed the process a little more than she probably should have, I see nothing in the video to indicate that she was doing it for any reason more than discarding them. As I pointed out before, if you can't keep the animals, then something must be done with them. You can pay a surrendering fee, and have a shelter kill them for you, you can drown them, you can break their necks, or you can drive them out into the middle of nowhere, where they'll either starve to death or become a meal for a larger predator. Of those options, letting them live is the only inhumane thing you can do.

NegaTsukasa
Sep 3, 2010, 10:03 PM
never heard such a stupid comparison, sorry but blowing up a building with pre-schoolers is much worser than that

meh. my brain was scrambled from the recent news/video of this.
It was not well thought out. puppies, pre-schoolers. all living things that are precious and important to our life. I could've worded that part better.

besides, F#%$ the mention of stupid comparisons. obviously there are worse things to worry about besides a lag in proper grammar.

Drowning puppies actually has a great deal of historical precedent. It's been long regarded as an efficient and relatively humane way to dispose of unwanted puppies. In decades long passed, people generally didn't have access to fancy "humane" modern methods of euthanizing dogs (such as intracardiac injection, or any method including intravenous or inhalant anesthetic), and puppies tended to be too numerous to waste ammunition on to shoot, when that ammunition could be better spent on hunting food. This meant that unwanted puppies either had to be drowned in a convenient body of water, or have their necks broken quickly, one by one. Of those two methods, which would you choose? The last possibility would be to release them into the wild. This solution tends not to be very effective, because the puppies just wind up as breeding stock for more unwanted puppies-- and that is, of course, assuming that they survive the wild, and don't simply get sick and die, or die from malnourishment. Believe me; the drowning of unwanted puppies is a very ugly act of mercy, not only protecting the puppy from a horrible life (far less "humane" than a swift death of drowning), but also preventing the occurrence of packs of feral dogs, which can cause all sorts of problems.

I don't think I could ever do it myself, but a person isn't a monster just because a video on the internet shows them drowning puppies. It's ugly, but life in the real world isn't always an attractive thing.

In all seriousness, how many puppies would you be capable of taking in, before you would start looking for ways to get rid of them? 5? 10? What happens when they all become adult dogs? Dogs tend to have voracious appetites, they can be very noisy, and given time and numbers, they will destroy your property. This is why we prefer to have the key reproductive bits removed from our pets-- so we don't wind up in a situation where we must perform distasteful acts, such as the drowning of puppies.

We don't live in a Disney movie, folks. Sometimes the things we must do can be pretty ugly.

heh. very interesting.

wow. that is also... inhumanity. O_o

both are screwed up. some how though, helpless animals being messed with appeal more to the public.
but yes. that is also messed up and sad.

My post was deleted. I guess the mods also believe that drowning puppies is the same as blowing up children.

Just as bad if you ask me.

well, we are all living things. humans and animals are almost on par with each other when it comes to the riches and values of life. My comparison was perhaps to un-pre-determined because I was in a bit of an out rage mode. I could've worded it a bit more sensibly. but none-the-less, this compares to something that is also living and well valued in a society.

Ishia
Sep 3, 2010, 10:14 PM
Quadruple-posting? That's not well-valued in this society.

NegaTsukasa
Sep 3, 2010, 11:31 PM
Quadruple-posting? That's not well-valued in this society.

rrrg. sorry

btw, thanks Alex for the edit. ^^

darkante
Sep 4, 2010, 01:03 AM
Ohh wow, that video is disturbing. Who in the right mind would film that?
Looking for attention or something...

Ryudo
Sep 4, 2010, 01:50 AM
There's a steep difference between drowning puppies and burning cats alive. The former is euthanasia. The latter is sheer bloody mindedness. I've watched the video, and while it does seem as though the young woman enjoyed the process a little more than she probably should have, I see nothing in the video to indicate that she was doing it for any reason more than discarding them. As I pointed out before, if you can't keep the animals, then something must be done with them. You can pay a surrendering fee, and have a shelter kill them for you, you can drown them, you can break their necks, or you can drive them out into the middle of nowhere, where they'll either starve to death or become a meal for a larger predator. Of those options, letting them live is the only inhumane thing you can do.

or secret option omega: have the adult dogs neutered so they dont have any puppies to begin with like all responsible people should do. Also there's a steep difference between a lethal injection and a horrible drowning death. Citing the dark ages as a defense is pretty ridiculous. We arent in the dark ages anymore, though you couldnt tell to look at people like this.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 4, 2010, 02:02 AM
Yes, because the puppies in natural habitats would have done soooooo much better.

You seen the shit that goes down in nature? Ain't no needles in the jungle. No easy deaths in the Savanna.

Reksanden
Sep 4, 2010, 11:50 AM
It might make sense to kill them when you can't take care of them...... But RECORDING killing them? Makes me wonder why people don't think.....

CupOfCoffee
Sep 4, 2010, 12:18 PM
Perhaps a better solution to over breeding problems would be to gather up a large group of mongoloids like Lenny from Of Mice and Men and give the puppies to them. Then shoot them.

Wait... let me think about that for a moment. That might not really be a better solution...

Nah, I think you're on to something, Sinue. I mean, it was good enough for Steinbeck, right?

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 4, 2010, 12:32 PM
or secret option omega: have the adult dogs neutered so they dont have any puppies to begin with like all responsible people should do. Also there's a steep difference between a lethal injection and a horrible drowning death. Citing the dark ages as a defense is pretty ridiculous. We arent in the dark ages anymore, though you couldnt tell to look at people like this.

I absolutely agree that the best idea is to get your pets fixed. Sometimes, however, the birth of new offspring is well beyond your control. If you don't have a shelter in your area, or if the shelter refuses to take the puppies (which is fairly common), then the only humane solutions remaining are euthanasia by drowning or by breaking their necks. The trouble with breaking their necks, is that it can be done wrong, especially by a hesitant person. Drowning is difficult to screw up, and doesn't involve creating an injury. At worst, it's frightening and uncomfortable, but still far more merciful than allowing them to starve in the wild, or be eaten by a predator.

Again, we don't live in a Disney movie. Sometimes what must be done is distasteful, but any amount of distastefulness doesn't change what has to happen. It'd be all cotton candy and fluffy bunnies if everything could be pleasant, but it's just not the case. Just the same, under conditions that are much more common than we would like, drowning the puppies is a greater act of kindness, than letting them live.

ZeekTheSweet
Sep 4, 2010, 02:07 PM
Ugh I'm a horrible person but when I saw the puppies in the river, I automaticly thought of an episode from Tom&Jerry -_-

Raikomaru
Sep 4, 2010, 02:08 PM
I totally agree with Meira. Life's not the prettiest thing; people do what they have to do. You can't spaz out every time you see someone do something you don't like. It could easily be that it's completely normal to them because you have to remember that not all cultures are the same. This sort of reminds me of when people oppose other religious practices. Just because it's not what you do, doesn't mean you have the right to tell them to stop, because that's just what they do and you have no right to make them change. You have to realize that when foreign cultures perform certain acts, but you do something differently, they think they're just as right as you are. Come on people, it's called tolerance, and you need to have some to live on this planet, otherwise you'll just get pissed off at everything.

FOkyasuta
Sep 4, 2010, 02:09 PM
And I Though Seeing A Dog Run Over On The Highway Was Inhumane...

Raikomaru
Sep 4, 2010, 02:53 PM
That's just an 'accident'. 'Inhumane' is if you did it on purpose, though even running a dog over could be sort of humane if you did it right, since it could kill the dog instantly....Life's confusing..... :/

FOkyasuta
Sep 4, 2010, 02:54 PM
Yush It Is.

Mute City
Sep 4, 2010, 04:35 PM
Holy fuck I couldn't even watch past her throwing the first puppy. And I've seen some sick shit on the internet. But show me anything dealing with animal cruelty and I go completely soft.

Blitzkommando
Sep 4, 2010, 05:18 PM
I find it funny that people get in a tizzy when they see someone tossing puppies off of a bridge and yet many of these same people tend to have a rather apathetic view on genocide that occurs. I mean, really, how often do you hear about the ethnic cleansing out of Eastern Europe, where this drowning occured? Instead you get a bit about a dumb girl tossing puppies in a river.

Randomness
Sep 4, 2010, 06:17 PM
I find it funny that people get in a tizzy when they see someone tossing puppies off of a bridge and yet many of these same people tend to have a rather apathetic view on genocide that occurs. I mean, really, how often do you hear about the ethnic cleansing out of Eastern Europe, where this drowning occured? Instead you get a bit about a dumb girl tossing puppies in a river.

Yes. Of course, nobody is showing video of that stuff on Youtube.

Sinue_v2
Sep 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
I absolutely agree that the best idea is to get your pets fixed.

But, given the most agreeable option is to have your pets fixed before you are forced to be placed in such a position as to have to kill offspring you cannot care for, wouldn't it still be considered negligent to opt-out of such a preventative measure? Knowing full well that animals fuck indiscriminate to and without regard to your capability of tending to their future offspring - shouldn't the woman in the video still be held ethically responsible for the act?

Granted, this took place in Croatia apparently... and their culture's regard to animal life may be much different than our cultures, not to mention that fixing their pet might not be economically or practically feasible. There is a lot to consider in the context (which most people happily ignore) which must be weighed before demonizing someone as inhuman. Frankly, we're no better in our cultures - it's just that the butchery and cruelty has been offset by industry we don't see when we go to the grocery or pet stores.

Still... while I agree that what must be done, however distasteful, must be done... I don't think we should loose sight of how distasteful it is by loosing sight of the action through the justification.

Drowning is difficult to screw up, and doesn't involve creating an injury.

I screwed it up once. We had a lot of cats when I was growing up, and some of them inbred. Inevitably, we got this one kitten which resembled Sloth from the Goonies - half it's head deflated, one eye bulging out of it's orbit, couldn't walk... but I loved it, and would have kept it if it wasn't in so much pain. So I put it in a burlap sack, tied the top, bawled like a little bitch as I took it down to the creek and tossed it, mewling, in the water. Unfortunately, I forgot to weight the sack down with a rock first - and it was still floating pretty well as it passed out of eyesight.

Fuck. In my defense, I was just a just a young kid at the time, and I was fucking traumatized by the act. It still bothers me to think back on it. Maybe I should have constructed like some little fantasies to help me out... like maybe it was fate, and because the sack didn't sink - the little kitten was pulled out of the river by a Mau Cat princess and would become the son of Pharaoh Cat - and one day he was touched by god to lead his fellow calico people out of the barnyard - parting the river to lead his fellow kittens to the promised land of Milk and more Milk.

Nah.

Life's not the prettiest thing; people do what they have to do. You can't spaz out every time you see someone do something you don't like. It could easily be that it's completely normal to them because you have to remember that not all cultures are the same.

That reminds me of a TED talk by Chris Abani I heard awhile ago. He talked about how, as a ritual to enter manhood, he was given a knife and told to kill a goat... but when he got to where the goat was tied up, he choked. He looked in it's eyes and just couldn't do it. So this friend who went with him, a guy who had seen and done a lot of killing in the regional wars, bent down and covered the goat's eyes so he didn't have to look into them. As Chris stood there weeping, his friend cleaned the blood off the knife and told him... "It's good for you cry, but know, if you cry like this every time - you'll die of heartbreak."

HeartBreak301
Sep 4, 2010, 07:05 PM
Man, this is messed up. Hope she gets what's coming to her.

FOkyasuta
Sep 4, 2010, 09:38 PM
I Think The Is The Following

A Moron

A Dumb f***

Should Go To Jail 4 Life.

And Have Peta Go And Insult Her While Still In Jail.

Were Are They When Ya Need Them?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 4, 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm sure most of you have heard about the lady throwing a cat in the dumpster. well this is by far worse than that. infact it ranks up there with blowing up a building full of pre-schoolers.
it was posted yesterday and quickly reached 4chan (no surprise), from there it reached PETA, whom offered a 2k reward of finding this person and giving her the ultimate justice. now more info is being uncovered and websites are on a riot about this. just over 24 hours since and the internet and news is
swarming with talk.

I give you this. it is incredibly shocking, sick, twisted and horribly sad video of a girl throwing half a litter of puppies into a raging river.
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2010/08/girl_throws_puppies_in_river.php

watch if you want to. forget about the old lady. she cant even compare to this.

wait, what the hell!? she's the one that should be put to sleep, well i guess im against capital punishment, but you get my meaning, this is serious stuff

Zantra
Sep 5, 2010, 03:22 AM
There are much worse things in life, than a few dead dogs. Way more dogs than that are euthanised in America every single day, none of you seem too outraged by that. Is it because they're puppies? Would it be better if they were full sized dogs, that she was killing? Or cats maybe? Shelters in America don't discriminate when they have to kill animals, and it's a necessary evil. The world is overpopulated with people, and animals, because nobody is willing to take responsibility for their actions, and get themselves, and their pets fixed. No family should have 14 kids or 14 dogs. Humans are extremely greedy, and dogs are food in some foreign countries. She was probably doing those dogs a favor. And, for all we know, there may have been something wrong with them. Possibly something that was going to kill them in a long and horrible way. And, the girl may have been told that by doing this she was helping the dogs go to "heaven". We don't know what the situation is 100%. So, I don't think we have the right to prosecute her, until all the evidence and facts have come out. Even then, different country, different rules. In some countries, dogs are nothing but a menace to society. Those may have been wild feral puppies, that the girl found. For all we know.

Raikomaru
Sep 5, 2010, 04:12 AM
I'm not sure the exact details, but from what I've heard the girl was apparently investigated by the police, but they were unable to prosecute her because she's a minor. That may or may not be true, though. Again, just what I've heard.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Sep 5, 2010, 06:33 AM
i care about shelter killing too, it's that they have good intention, this girl just did it.

Delete
Sep 5, 2010, 11:39 AM
It might make sense to kill them when you can't take care of them...... But RECORDING killing them? Makes me wonder why people don't think.....

That's another thing. There was no ancient history ritual stuff here. It was a girl who felt like drowning puppies. Why else would they put the video on the internet? To show that they didn't give a fudge.

There are much worse things in life, than a few dead dogs. Way more dogs than that are euthanised in America every single day, none of you seem too outraged by that. Is it because they're puppies? Would it be better if they were full sized dogs, that she was killing? Or cats maybe? Shelters in America don't discriminate when they have to kill animals, and it's a necessary evil. The world is overpopulated with people, and animals, because nobody is willing to take responsibility for their actions, and get themselves, and their pets fixed. No family should have 14 kids or 14 dogs. Humans are extremely greedy, and dogs are food in some foreign countries. She was probably doing those dogs a favor. And, for all we know, there may have been something wrong with them. Possibly something that was going to kill them in a long and horrible way. And, the girl may have been told that by doing this she was helping the dogs go to "heaven". We don't know what the situation is 100%. So, I don't think we have the right to prosecute her, until all the evidence and facts have come out. Even then, different country, different rules. In some countries, dogs are nothing but a menace to society. Those may have been wild feral puppies, that the girl found. For all we know.

I 100% disagree with every last word. Why don't people get mad about animals gettin killed everyday? Because people don't make freakin videos of them throwing cats or dogs in the river. Do animals die every minute? I'm sure they do. But were not seeing it so we have no sense of it happening. Doing those dogs a favor would be letting them go. Someone would of seen them and picked them up or at least called animal patrol. I don't even like Animal patrol but at least if it came down to it...they would put the animal to sleep in a painless death..which I am totally against but it would of been better than this shit. Not knowing the situation doesn't matter, I hope bad things happen to her for the rest of her life. Harsh? Well Idc, I love animals.

DragonForce
Sep 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
I hope that bitch gets AIDS.

Delete
Sep 5, 2010, 04:57 PM
I hope that bitch gets AIDS.

That would be a start.

Ishia
Sep 5, 2010, 05:17 PM
Bosnia, not Africa.

joefro
Sep 5, 2010, 06:41 PM
The puppies were saved. Supposedly. I don't believe anything on the Internet, but I would like to believe that they were saved.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l88kl13uRH1qc4g5wo1_500.png

REMEMBER THAT INSANE BITCH THAT THREW ALL THE PUPPIES IN THE RIVER?!

Turns out, ALL the puppies were saved!

Here is the translation from Google!

—————————————————————-

75-year-old pensioner was their fight for life

The girl threw six puppies in the river and published an anonymous video on Youtube.

It created the lynch atmosphere in the Internet.

But now comes the good news: the puppies are mirakelräddats of a pensioner.

People around the world were outraged and demanded that the girl who threw six puppies in a river with strong currents will be found and punished.

In the video, which appeared on YouTube and spread like a wildfire on the internet, you can see how she lifts up one after the other from a bucket.

Anger over the world

The defenseless puppy dog whimpers as she throws them into the icy water.

The video quickly became a världsnyhetet. The act drew attention including CNN, CBS News, FOX 5 News, and Telegraph newspapers, the New Yprk Post, Daily Mail, The Sun, Metro, Mirror, Sun Totonto, Pravda, the news agencies AFP and AP.

Readers and viewers plummeted. Celebrity declared a reward

Tens of thousands of disgusted people, including Facebook, demanding that she be identified and punished.

Hollywood director Michael Bay announced a reward of $ 50 000 to anyone who could help with information that could lead to the girl arrested.

Hundreds of death threats against her have been published on the Internet. The incident became a noted news in the world press.

Shortly after the teenage girl identified by the Bosnian police and her father was called in for questioning.

Rescued - Last Time

The girl is from a town in central Bosnia and now in danger of up to 45 000 crowns in fines.

Her mother says the Croatian newspaper that the girl feel so bad of all that she seek psychiatric care received.

But today the story had a happy excuse:

The puppies were rescued miracle - the last moment.

A 75-year-old pensioner, Ruza Pavlovic from Bugojno, were on their way to their potato fields when she heard strange sounds from the River.

In a stream, I saw black puppies who tried to swim out of the water, “she told the newspaper Vecernji List.
Flowed into a creek

The puppies were lucky - just below the place where they were thrown in the river forks and go out in a small stream.

The current pulled the dogs to where the water is not deep enough.

Ruza Pavlovic raised five puppies and brought them home - not knowing what caused the commotion around them.

The sixth puppy was not in the stream.

They are healthy and happy. My problem is that they need at least three liters of milk a day and I live only on my small pension, but I have not the heart to abandon them, “said Ruza Pavlovic to Vecernji List.

*I did not write this, found it on another site.

Delete
Sep 5, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'd like to believe that too, but sadly..I don't.Until I get proof from a reliable source. Someone could of spreaded a rumor around like such so people could sleep at night for all I know.

darkante
Sep 5, 2010, 10:50 PM
mirakelräddats = Saved by a miracle, världsnyhetet = World news...uhh personally where do these words fit in the picture? Not that i care much, it just sounds a little tarded to mix words like that.

But yeah, that rescue story doesn´t sounds so true.

sCI
Sep 7, 2010, 12:12 AM
Drowning puppies actually has a great deal of historical precedent. It's been long regarded as an efficient and relatively humane way to dispose of unwanted puppies......................
Worthless dogs are worthless.

Hell, I heard once that there was this huge battle over a bunch of Jewish folk getting killed by some crazy dictator a while back. Said they put 'em in camps and even shot 'em.

Some white people with shaved heads and suspenders told me it was all a lie though. :-?

Point of this post: They're just a bunch of worthless dogs, it's not like they were humans. Get over it.

Sord
Sep 7, 2010, 12:41 AM
I remember reading a long time ago a post here concerning the fact some country was putting a ring into dog noses to attach them to cables, and they would then be used as live bait to catch sharks. 'Course, if you read into the lifestyle of the inhabitants, wild dogs ran rampant and were more like an infestation in the towns and cities there. To them dogs weren't much better than insects. Like when I finally swat that god damn annoying fly, I'm all "Ha! Got yah you damn bastard!" in a semi-triumphant and joking manner. I really don't care about the fly's life at all, in fact, I quite enjoyed the fact it was dead and never to live again. That was kind of their perspective on the dogs, and that kind of perspective is prevalent in other parts of the world as well.

There was also the reverse thread with dogs in a bad light, where one ate a baby's genitals (actually that thread was made twice.) That, however, turned out to be mostly the parents fault more than the dogs.

Anyhow, this sure as hell is nothing new, nothing drastic, and certainly undeserving of the level of catastrophe it's being blown into. Dogs die every freaking day, everywhere, all over the world, cats to. I had a dog everyday of my life up until I was 19 or so, and I still have cats. All very nice and good animals, but that isn't going to make be blow up over this stuff.

The method isn't great. Contrary to what meira said, I would not personally consider the death a "swift" one or humane. You're suffocating to death while water fills your lungs. That can't feel good, you'd pretty much have to prey the passing out comes before the burning lung sensations get to bad. Though I suppose in relation to starving to death in the wild, it could be considered swift or closer to being humane. Ultimately though, yeah, it can still be better than a lot of other alternatives (including life) which is why it has been in practice so long. Granted, you still get assholes that do it for bad reasons (like that butler in Aristocats, though usually not for that specific reason. Leaving your inheritance to pets just sounds stupid to begin with, though I'm sure it's happened somewhere.)

Delete
Sep 7, 2010, 06:20 AM
Point of this post: They're just a bunch of worthless dogs, it's not like they were humans. Get over it.

When you get a job, the first thing I want you to buy is a heart....because ya obviously don't have one.

Anyhow, this sure as hell is nothing new, nothing drastic, and certainly undeserving of the level of catastrophe it's being blown into. Dogs die every freaking day, everywhere, all over the world, cats to.

Why is this being Blown out of Proportion you ask? I quote myself to answer this one.

Why don't people get mad about animals gettin killed everyday? Because people don't make freakin videos of them throwing cats or dogs in the river. Do animals die every minute? I'm sure they do. But were not seeing it so we have no sense of it happening.

Sord
Sep 7, 2010, 06:35 AM
Why is this being Blown out of Proportion you ask? I quote myself to answer this one.
Actually, I didn't ask, at any point. If you read those sentences they are quite clearly statements, with a period and definitely not a question mark. I'm fully aware people are pissed because they can see it, and what I'm saying is so freaking what. I don't care that they can see it, it's still out of proportion, get over it, their limited view is a small portion of the total reality.

Delete
Sep 7, 2010, 06:41 AM
Actually, I didn't ask, at any point. If you read those sentences they are quite clearly statements, with a period and definitely not a question mark. I'm fully aware people are pissed because they can see it, and what I'm saying is so freaking what. I don't care that they can see it, it's still out of proportion, get over it, their limited view is a small portion of the total reality.

No need to be a Dick. Statements....Question.... I don't really give a shit. If there was a video of a man kicking a dog 3 times on youtube, that would also get people outraged. Reality is sick stuff happens all the time. Duh, I know that. Doesn't take a freaking doctor to figure that out. The keywords of my post was no video = no sense of it happening.

Sinue_v2
Sep 7, 2010, 11:13 AM
I don't care that they can see it, it's still out of proportion, get over it, their limited view is a small portion of the total reality.

But it's not like you can see the totality of reality either. Nobody can. We have to go on what we do see, and what we are aware of. Different individuals than you will have different reactions than you. Criticizing someone's reaction because their view of reality is limited is hypocritical, at best. I would be more concerned if they saw something like that with their limited view of reality and didn't react. So what if their sense of reciprocation generated statements of absurdity. It's not like it affects me, and while I don't share the sentiment - I don't hold it against them in the least that they do.

Besides, upon watching the video, I don't think it was a simple case of getting rid of unwanted animals. That was obviously a component, but when you look at how it was done, the method used, the mood of the camera man, etc... it just doesn't seem like a simple case of "doing what needs to be done." First of all, why weren't the puppies put in a sack together with a rock? Not only would it make the job much faster and easier, but it would ensure that they didn't survive or wash up on the bank. Why fling some of them overhand by the scruff of their necks/backside, rather than lobbing them underhanded by their bottoms? She did start doing that towards the end, but it seemed like it was only intended to give them some "Air Time", as indicated by the cameraman's "weee" comment. Not to mention that while you can't see her face for much of the video, when you can see it - she's grinning broadly.

The whole "different culture, different values" argument doesn't totally sit with me either. Especially when you consider that in 12/2006, the Republic of Croatia passed some of the strictest animals rights protection legislature around... of which she is soundly in violation of.

The Animal Protection Act Full Text (http://www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr/index.en.php?id=470) as posted on the Animal Friends Croatia website.

Sord
Sep 7, 2010, 03:20 PM
But it's not like you can see the totality of reality either.
You're totally right, I can't. That however doesn't mean I or anyone else should be getting a free card to sit on my/their ass and not be aware of other cultures, customs, etc. (To your credit Sinue, I don't see you as this type of person, prime example being your last post were you went and found some documentation rather than just spew some "this is wrong!" nonsense in reply.) Especially in today's world with constant intercultural communications for whatever many reasons it occurs. I may not be able to view all reality, but I and many others (including the people flipping out and overreacting) are perfectly capable of broadening their perspectives to get closer to a totality. Now I realize that not everyone has internet access or whatever, some people maybe, just maybe, don't have a local library, or aren't privileged enough to have the resources at their disposal, but a large chunk of people that are watching that video probably have internet access of some sort and thus little to no excuse. If they choose not to expand their view, that's their own ignorance, and I will hold that against them if the matter arises in a conflict of ideas, even if it seems hypocritical that I may be forcing the idea of keeping a broad perspective while being harsh and narrow-minded in not keeping a broad perspective and reasons for not having one. I am totally aware of this flaw in my thinking, but you know what? It's really freaking hard to have any sort of world view without some sort of conflicts or flaws it, unless you choose to just observe and do nothing.

The fact of the matter is, this is straight up blown out of proportion. Entire internet groups are in a fervor over this. Michael Bay is offering 50-freaking-k for the capture of this woman. But a lot of people ignore the idea that same 50k could probably go to getting caught strays neutered and rehabilitated in homes, or just help families who want dogs but can't afford neutering costs. You could probably do a lot more good elsewhere for dogs with 50K than the arrest of that woman, no matter how evil she might be. But no, society feels the need to react only to what's right in front of them, and with the use of the internet you get what sort of amounts to a disjointed mob of sorts. Never mind that the majority of this mob, instead of spewing hate or calling the woman a devil, bitch, inhuman, etc. and demanding her death, probably aren't going to go down to the local puppy shelter this week and volunteer to actually do something meaningful for a puppy. They're going to sit at their computer, post a comment, tell their friends, and pat themselves on the back for being aware and against animal cruelty. And I don't care how it's spun, that's bullshit to me. The lot of 'em need to cool their jets and think, "Ok, what can I actually do to help situations like this." Not form an angry internet mob and spew comments.

sCI
Sep 7, 2010, 10:12 PM
When you get a job, the first thing I want you to buy is a heart....because ya obviously don't have one.
Who said I don't have a job?(how does that have anything to do with my sympathy for things that I don't feel need sympathy?)

I have a heart for sentient life(hardly). Nothing else.

**The only known beings on Earth with sentience are Humans and some other type of Chimp or primate of some sort.**

Sinue_v2
Sep 8, 2010, 12:00 AM
Who said I don't have a job?(how does that have anything to do with my sympathy for things that I don't feel need sympathy?)

I have a heart for sentient life(hardly). Nothing else.

**The only known beings on Earth with sentience are Humans and some other type of Chimp or primate of some sort.**

That is demonstrably false. Recognition of sentient status of animals is widely recognized, and written into law as an already established proposition. It has to be established for any animals rights legislation, since there is no point to it if they are not sentient. An example from the European Union Webportal: Animal Health and Welfare:

Title II of TFEU lists some key principles the Union should respect. Here an Article 13 has been introduced with the Lisbon Treaty. It states that: "In formulating and implementing the Union's agriculture, fisheries, transport, internal market, research and technological development and space policies, the Union and the Member States shall, since animals are sentient beings, pay full regard to the welfare requirements of animals, while respecting the legislative or administrative provisions and customs of the Member States relating in particular to religious rites, cultural traditions and regional heritage."

Source (http://ec.europa.eu/food/animal/welfare/index_en.htm)

Sentient life simply means that a creature is capable of recognizing sensations, which Ivan Pavlov's experiments in conditioning verified pretty well verified. Further, B.F. Skinner's experiments on pigeons indicated that even they have a limited form of sapience by showing that even they are susceptible to superstitious beliefs. Other birds are far more adept at sapient behavior, such as New Caledonian crows which have displayed the ability to spontaneously construct tools. And as if that wasn't impressive enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjo26O0z_o

We are not made of magical stuff from which differentiates us from animals. All of our mental faculties have direct correlates and analogs in the animal kingdom, and even then, the only difference between us and them is a matter of degrees. Degrees of capability to which we don't even start to exceed until well after birth and into childhood development. So be careful how you word your argument, because a human baby does not have the level of sentience or sapience than many of the animals to which you're dismissing... and I'm pretty sure we can agree that killing infants in a similar fashion to how she killed those puppies is wrong.

sCI
Sep 8, 2010, 12:56 AM
^Don't get me started on abortion. :lol:

Human babys are potential(after birth in my opinion). Potential future.

Dogs aren't. Dogs don't recognize their own existence in the whole scheme of things(universe or whatever). They don't understand complex emotions(love, regret).
That's what I consider non-sentient......however I am wrong. I will admit that.

Good argument dude, you know your shit, even if I don't agree completely(on personal levels). :)

I still don't think this is a big deal if it isn't about humans. And hell, there are many humans who I think we should drown to death by throwing them helplessly into a river(rapists, anyone on death row, kidnappers, racists). But I'll leave that for another day.

I love ethics, don't you?

Delete
Sep 8, 2010, 07:09 PM
They don't understand complex emotions(love, regret).

I would have to disagree. I believe Dogs do experience these kinds of emotions. Sure there not gonna stand up and say "I love you," but they have there own ways. Your dog going up to you and licking you all over your face is an example of love (at least kinda) while some dogs may simply get depressed and sit around not eating or doing anything. At least the last one makes since because depression is a complexed emotion too.

Raikomaru
Sep 8, 2010, 07:28 PM
They instinctively develop those emotions as they become attached to their owner, but they're still incapable of the thought required to comprehend them.

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 07:29 PM
Oh my, people care a bit too much about these things.

Delete
Sep 8, 2010, 07:39 PM
Oh my, people care a bit too much about these things.

I've actually never had a dog if that means anything. But yes, I do care about all animals. When I see people buying stuff like mousetraps, I hate it because I know there intentions. Doesn't matter if it's a little small rodent. If it moves,eats,sleeps,etc........it's a living thing and should be treated as such.

Ishia
Sep 8, 2010, 07:44 PM
I kill bugs, they disgust me.

WHAT GENOCIDE THAT I MUST BE COMMITTING!?

Raikomaru
Sep 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
Doesn't really bother me, honestly. These things happen and there's nothing I can do, so I won't even try. :confused:

Delete
Sep 8, 2010, 08:00 PM
Well I used to kill roaches in my old house, so I'm not perfect either. Always hated those big black/brownish ones that don't like to die lol.

NegaTsukasa
Sep 9, 2010, 06:55 AM
Girl was found and fined for 6,400 dollars. honestly, the penalty feels kinda low.

Ishia
Sep 9, 2010, 06:02 PM
Girl was found and fined for 6,400 dollars. honestly, the penalty feels kinda low.

Uh, due to Bosnia's current economical state, that's an astronomical amount to probably someone of mid-lower class.

DragonForce
Sep 9, 2010, 06:53 PM
She should've had her hands chopped off. xD

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2010, 11:09 AM

Now that is cruel and inhumane.
Yes fine somebody a fee they can't pay, when they go illicit you act shocked.
Ah the irony of humanity.

Raikomaru
Sep 11, 2010, 11:19 AM
People suck :p

ShinMaruku
Sep 11, 2010, 11:38 AM
Indeed. They do and some must be treated like pigs :P