PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 so how's this whole online thing gonna work?

hans4
Sep 6, 2010, 01:34 PM
is it going to be like PSU except free? Like, will there be a level cap that gets raised periodically? will they add new missions/weapons? or will it be like, you can do everything on your own offline.....but if you feel like playing with other people you can do that too, oh and thekeyboa game wont feature voice support by any chance will it? the keyboard is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Kayest
Sep 6, 2010, 02:38 PM
The level cap will be 200 in both modes. There will be downloadable missions for free, along with ridiculously overpriced weapons and clothing if Sega allows us them. Most mission can be done offline, and there's a full story mode. Also, no voice support. Though Infinity is supposed to have a better keyboard.

Pavichokche
Sep 6, 2010, 02:38 PM
When you purchase the game, it comes with a code. You register it in PSN (much like a promotional code for some game) and you're ready. You can play the game online forever with the associated account.

If you purchase the game online through PSN (digital download) it is automatically associated with your account and you don't need to enter a code. Convinient, huh?

No voice support, and the keyboard you see in the demo is what you get....I know, it's tedious and sad... Just hold on tight for infinity, which will have a cell phone-like keyboard (much faster).

Nidramag
Sep 6, 2010, 04:10 PM
It's like PSU, only better, and for old PSO fans (ME :3) it's simply the best since the original that we fell in love with.

The online is totally free, and I believe eventually will even have visual lobbies?
I thought I heard something about specific places with voice chat, but I really have no idea.
It will have it's own little DLC and expansions, and probably pay for some of it, but who cares it's not 10 bucks a month, and I actually like playing it, hell I've clocked over 30 hours on the Demo

The level cap is 200, I believe from the get-go.

NAM
Sep 6, 2010, 04:32 PM
The most interesting part is the visual lobbies, and I hope they're not crappy like PSU where it's just a massive open space of unecessaryness. I think it'd be awesome if they made it like PSO but with more tree shade. The hollow people walking around is probably the most stupidest, pointless, annoying idea I've ever seen in a game.

ZeroXRaven
Sep 6, 2010, 04:57 PM
So downloadable content is confirmed for North America I assume???
If so that's totally amazing!!!!

Nidramag
Sep 6, 2010, 10:41 PM
then again I wouldn't expect much from the developer that removes 20% of the items and... I don't know... online play from a previous North American release