PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my HUmar?

Talwin
Sep 7, 2010, 02:29 AM
I made my first character a HUmar, basically cause I just wanted to jump straight into the game :p

I figured I'd try and make an EVP build out of him, but I've hit level 75 now and painfully accepted the fact that it's not worth it lol. However, it'd be a shame to see all those hours go to waste!

I enjoy using the Gunblade, I've got PA Compress (got it yesterday XD) and been enjoying Earth Bullet for tons o' damage.

So I was just looking for some advice on how would be best to build this character up, should I raise my DEF and ATP over my EVP? Would it be best to keep some EVP anyway? I did have 40 swift materials on it + 4 swift slots. On Ultimate it's not very noticeable though lol.

My mag is looking after my ATA
I've got a 4 slot Carabinier Armor (one slot used for PACompress) but can use the other 3 for whatevs.

Cheers in advance!

Cire39
Sep 7, 2010, 05:36 AM
HUmar doesn't really have enough base EVP to make a good EVP build, unfortunately.
The best HUmar build in your case probably would be a straightforward ATP build. Just get a Reset Material and pump 80 Power mats into him and he should be pretty solid.

If you REALLY want to play and EVP character you can always keep your HUmar around for straight power and make a HUnewm or a HUnewearl character on the side.

Hope this helps :)

Talwin
Sep 7, 2010, 07:49 AM
Cheers!

Pure ATP over adding DEF then?

I've just started a new CAST as well, likely to be pure power on that one. Will likely use my 3rd save file for a Newman just for the novelty of it :p

Chaos Rappy
Sep 7, 2010, 07:58 AM
HUmar: Pure Power Mats, about a 50 POW/50 HIT Mag(because HUmars have the lowest ATA of any Hunter, and it shows later on), and I'd say that should be alright, especially if you can find a good ACC ADJ weapon. Otherwise, raising a higher than 50 HIT Mag for when you first get to SH may be advisable. You will likely miss a LOT when you first start it.

HUcast: Just pump in pure POW, Mats and for your Mag. You might need a little ATA when you first start SH, maybe about 25, so if you feel you need it, make a Mag with some Hit and good POW, and you should be fine, though once you hit the higher levels, like 80+, you shouldn't really need that extra ATA, and may as well opt for a 100 Power Mag.

As far as ATP > DFP goes, it is well-advised to go Power over Defense, as it takes a full 5 DFP to resist about 1 damage, whereas Power could at some points almost become a 2 points = 1 damage deal. Besides, if you want to tank, just put in some HP mats, as they give 2 HP each anyways, and 2 HP per mat vs. 5 DFP mats per 1 damage resisted is MUCH more efficient in the long run.

Talwin
Sep 7, 2010, 08:52 AM
Good to know that ATA sorts itself out for the higher levels. I'd prepared myself for it by making a 60 ATA Mag and didn't have any noticeable difference on my hit rate, but would rather have +60 on another stat!

Cheers for the advice, this helps a lot =D

pkrockin
Sep 8, 2010, 07:45 AM
HUmar: Pure Power Mats, about a 50 POW/50 HIT Mag(because HUmars have the lowest ATA of any Hunter, and it shows later on), and I'd say that should be alright, especially if you can find a good ACC ADJ weapon. Otherwise, raising a higher than 50 HIT Mag for when you first get to SH may be advisable. You will likely miss a LOT when you first start it.

HUcast: Just pump in pure POW, Mats and for your Mag. You might need a little ATA when you first start SH, maybe about 25, so if you feel you need it, make a Mag with some Hit and good POW, and you should be fine, though once you hit the higher levels, like 80+, you shouldn't really need that extra ATA, and may as well opt for a 100 Power Mag.

As far as ATP > DFP goes, it is well-advised to go Power over Defense, as it takes a full 5 DFP to resist about 1 damage, whereas Power could at some points almost become a 2 points = 1 damage deal. Besides, if you want to tank, just put in some HP mats, as they give 2 HP each anyways, and 2 HP per mat vs. 5 DFP mats per 1 damage resisted is MUCH more efficient in the long run.

Power scales identically to Guard: 5 stat points = 1 damage reduced/added. You can test it for yourself.

Also, a pure Guard build for HUcast can be very effective as well, though I'd personally prefer a Power build.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 8, 2010, 08:02 AM
Even if 5 ATP = 1 damage with REGULAR attacks (for the most part), that doesn't take into account Heavy Attacks or PA's, which use their own multipliers in the damage formula as well, which go on all the way up to the likes of Over End's 250% ATP mod, which just on its own, makes that 5=1 turn into a 2=1 because of the 250%. However, no matter what, except in the cases of varying powers of enemy attacks, 5 DFP will almost always only = 1 damage reduced.

jesse924
Sep 10, 2010, 03:05 AM
I have a lvl91 Hucast and my goal is 1000hp. :P I would suggest maybe material wise 30atk 25def 45hp. Sadly for me my internet isn't working on my PS0 game. :( Router problems ...........

Cire39
Sep 10, 2010, 05:02 AM
^Material builds like that generally don't really work. The points are so spread out that they can't make a large enough difference in areas they're supposed to.

jesse924
Sep 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah I just like HUmar to be even I don't know why. :) Although they messed up the HUmar in my opinion if you compare it to pso 1&2 plus. :(

Hagaishi
Sep 10, 2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah I just like HUmar to be even I don't know why. :) Although they messed up the HUmar in my opinion if you compare it to pso 1&2 plus. :(Im with you on that one bro! Some of the things that they made changes to I just didnt like in PSZ! But hey cant be mad at a PS game thats online with the best hand held system on the market!:-D

Chaos Rappy
Sep 10, 2010, 02:33 PM
I feel Human Hunters were captured better in this game, aside from the hideously disgracing appearance of a children (most specifically the HUmar, not TOO much the HUmarl), to be honest. Good attack strength, the mid-average of magic in Hunters, and being what they are compared to the mechanically-honed CASTs and the agile Newmans, their accuracy isn't the best, but they prevail for the people newer t the game, being stronger than even HUcasts around level 30 or so, no natural regen to worry about or lack of techs with low PP of CASTs, or low DFP and ATP of the Newmans, while retaining the higher ability to consume materials for wider range of custumization for the player...

...I still rather dislike them, however... they're appearances are one thing, but their ATA as a Hunter is another, as well as the lack of a natural regen to help back them up or the ATP to make up for the hit to ATA. : /