PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 Demo Online Mode is already....

GantzDetainee
Sep 9, 2010, 01:17 PM
unavailable today September 10....this makes me really sad and pissed.I cant believe this,4 days of no PSP2 online.Its blasphemy,I tell you.Where did I get the info?Its on the notices when you connect online.

Here is the full notice:

- End of Demo's
Online Multiplayer Mode

With the release of
Phantasy Star Portable 2,
the demo's Online Multiplayer mode
will no longer be available on
September 10 at 7 PM.

We hope you continue to enjoy
Online Multiplayer on the
full version.

Thank you for playing!

sigh,I guess they are getting ready for the Full games infrastructure mode...

edit-They discontinued it earlier than expected so for those looking for GF/BF better luck next time!

Tyreek
Sep 9, 2010, 01:24 PM
The official game will be out on Tuesday. Hold your horses until then.

GantzDetainee
Sep 9, 2010, 01:33 PM
The official game will be out on Tuesday. Hold your horses until then.

^ I know my good buddy.Guess its not all that bad since we've been waiting a whole year anyway...I guess it time for double claw hunting offline.

Akaimizu
Sep 9, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hmm. I guess I have little time to get Partner Cards before that date. I still need some more to get that Title. Other than that, the rest of my stuff I can get offline or with local Multiplayer.

Naruuchiha1313
Sep 9, 2010, 01:48 PM
awwwww... i saw this when i connected to online play, well, at least the full games coming out soon! i want it as a download but i need a new memory card for that.... dang it.... and i'm short on money right now....

NAM
Sep 9, 2010, 02:08 PM
It should be permanent, like PSU 360's demo. That demo was a factor to why 360's population was so strong, I don't understand why they're discontinuing PSP's demo. :L

Anduril
Sep 9, 2010, 02:14 PM
Great. Looks like I'll only get a few hours of online play until the full game since I'm barely getting my PSP today. -_-;

Akaimizu
Sep 9, 2010, 03:32 PM
Keep your saves. Nothing is stopping you from continuing. But even though the server is going down, it looks like they're definitely taking good steps to do this launch right. Hopefully everything works out well for them. And fortunately, this game isn't the kind that stops because the servers have. And getting that little bit of time to get online accomplishes one thing. It updates your Player Card with the online-obtained information. (Mainly ID number and stuff)

pso_crash
Sep 9, 2010, 03:40 PM
It should be permanent, like PSU 360's demo. That demo was a factor to why 360's population was so strong, I don't understand why they're discontinuing PSP's demo. :L

I'm afraid if Sega did that, we would never see the end of those "looking for GF!! Girlz ONLY!!" rooms.

GantzDetainee
Sep 9, 2010, 03:53 PM
Keep your saves. Nothing is stopping you from continuing. But even though the server is going down, it looks like they're definitely taking good steps to do this launch right. Hopefully everything works out well for them. And fortunately, this game isn't the kind that stops because the servers have. And getting that little bit of time to get online accomplishes one thing. It updates your Player Card with the online-obtained information. (Mainly ID number and stuff)

I've avoided playing any kind of MMORPG because of servers being brought down,Its such a waste of time.I hope they do keep the "free online multiplayer for life part" of their promise.

I'm afraid if Sega did that, we would never see the end of those "looking for GF!! Girlz ONLY!!" rooms.

I really dont want to see those shitty rooms again,I tell yah.I hope they would really banned these kinds of idiots in the full version of the game because its spoiling the online experience for me.

Nidramag
Sep 9, 2010, 04:08 PM
I've avoided playing any kind of MMORPG because of servers being brought down,Its such a waste of time.I hope they do keep the "free online multiplayer for life part" of their promise.

Technically everything is a waste of life, so I'm personally cool with it. As for SEGA keeping our servers up permanently, I doubt it. However we get to keep our data.

But it'll be a while before that happens

NAM
Sep 9, 2010, 04:15 PM

Well I didn't really play the demo, it wasn't fun, because there wasn't anything to do compared to the full game and those rooms just add to the atmosphere. I find things like that as entertainment, for example, walking in a player shop to find a couple having phone sex.

Nidramag
Sep 9, 2010, 04:19 PM
As for the demo's online play. This stuff will be filtered in the full game. No more "busty Girls only" rooms. No more "LOOKING 4 GF" rooms. no more "PLZ SEND PICS OF TITS" rooms.

Have you seen the 360's PSU demo that's still up? It's the same thing. However the paid, full game is clean, people playing actually play for PSU.

NAM
Sep 9, 2010, 04:36 PM
As for the demo's online play. This stuff will be filtered in the full game. No more "busty Girls only" rooms. No more "LOOKING 4 GF" rooms. no more "PLZ SEND PICS OF TITS" rooms.

Have you seen the 360's PSU demo that's still up? It's the same thing. However the paid, full game is clean, people playing actually play for PSU.

Well now that there are visual lobbies, they wont have to do that. They'll just spam like they used to lol. I've gotten used to it on PSO so it wont bother me.

reala728
Sep 9, 2010, 04:55 PM
just saw this too.. what will i do for the 4 days in between ;n;

Nidramag
Sep 9, 2010, 04:55 PM
Well now that there are visual lobbies, they wont have to do that. They'll just spam like they used to lol. I've gotten used to it on PSO so it wont bother me.
in 8~9 months if ever, for NA release. Besides. VISUAL LOBBIES! its so worth it. and you can always have your personal one your friends and you chill at (not to mention they will have the different universes... I think they should name them like the old ships :D)

Xelor
Sep 9, 2010, 05:12 PM
I can only imagine how disappointed these little kids are after seeing the news announcement, but most of them probably kept pressing X to get to making the room so they didn't see it. Well, they'll still be disappointed when SEGA goes all "SURPRISE SECKS! OOPS SORRY NO MORE SECKS FOR UUU." once they close the servers. If only we could see their reactions. "WAT ABOT MAH GF!!!11?"

Typestatic
Sep 9, 2010, 05:44 PM
Well, they'll still be disappointed when SEGA goes all "SURPRISE SECKS! OOPS SORRY NO MORE SECKS FOR UUU." once they close the servers. If only we could see their reactions. "WAT ABOT MAH GF!!!11?"

I died a little inside, in a good way lol

Akaimizu
Sep 9, 2010, 05:46 PM
I'm also opening a room for us players to help get a jump with player card trading. And for those trying to finish off the title. Room name is FONtime, password is circus. As with any six degrees of separation, a good start helps when trying to hook up with the rest of us.
I'd figure with this announcement, someone has to do it.

And yes, that quote is nice.

Xelor
Sep 9, 2010, 05:55 PM
I'm getting on then. Cya there.

Magic Missile
Sep 9, 2010, 08:56 PM
Kind of a shame to see the demo servers going down so quick, since today is the first time I hopped online. Though, considering the room lists are full of nothing but "Want hot girlz LAWLZ!" it's probably a good thing.

Anyone know any good rooms that actually attempt to play the game instead of standing in the lobby and having really awkward and "suggestive" poses?

Xelor
Sep 9, 2010, 10:18 PM
What you do is host. Most of the time, serious people come. If not, kick them.

Mike
Sep 9, 2010, 10:23 PM
Everything has to come to an end sometime. And you can still rack up playtime offline or in adhoc multimode.

Nidramag
Sep 9, 2010, 10:40 PM
I played a lot of good games... Just look at the title and description. And the above is true, having the power of the boot really helps get some good players. I had a team I ran with for almost two hours and it was sweet

reala728
Sep 9, 2010, 10:47 PM
I played a lot of good games... Just look at the title and description. And the above is true, having the power of the boot really helps get some good players. I had a team I ran with for almost two hours and it was sweet

pretty much this. if it looks remotely serious you should have a good time. when i host i always put something inviting like "noobs welcome" for tactical and even "i wont get butthurt and quit if im losing" in battle (happened to me like 4 times in a row from different people).

i generally got pretty awesome people, i wouldnt be surprised if they were from here they really knew what they were doing ^^

D-Gold
Sep 9, 2010, 10:51 PM
pretty much this. if it looks remotely serious you should have a good time. when i host i always put something inviting like "noobs welcome" for tactical and even "i wont get butthurt and quit if im losing" in battle (happened to me like 4 times in a row from different people).

i generally got pretty awesome people, i wouldnt be surprised if they were from here they really knew what they were doing ^^

i usually ask if they are from here if they are any good. most say they heard of it and they are not a member or they haven't logged on in a while

VorpalLord
Sep 10, 2010, 09:52 AM
Looks like the demo shut down early.

GantzDetainee
Sep 10, 2010, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure if the time is Pacific or Eastern but if it is pacific then its just on schedule.

VorpalLord
Sep 10, 2010, 10:36 AM
If its pacific its like 8:30 am right now right? They said the servers would go down 7pm.

GantzDetainee
Sep 10, 2010, 10:49 AM
It depends on where you at in the world.I'm in the east coast so the time here is 12 noon September 10 where as in Asia its already 12 in the morning at September 11.

VorpalLord
Sep 10, 2010, 10:51 AM
I know how timezones work ;p

And im EST also.

GantzDetainee
Sep 10, 2010, 10:55 AM
But yeah Its kinda weird using Pacific time since its North America where talking about.So I guess your right on the server shutting down early.Too bad I was looking forward to playing my last Battle Online Demo with my friends...

T_Esquire
Sep 10, 2010, 01:36 PM
Well, for those still wanting their fix till Wednesday there's always Adhoc Party.

Noblewine
Sep 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
I can't wait to see the full game when it is released. I played it until 3Am last night and had alot of fun. The auto-talk feature is awesome and the newer additions like Dodgeroll/Block/charge shot are pretty amazing too. I hosted a few parties but I didn't really run into problems. However, I did see alot of those need GF/BF lobbies and I hope they aren't on the actual game.

Alucard V
Sep 10, 2010, 03:22 PM
Has anyone tryed getting online?

Im at my parents place having waited on the cable guy and so on. Long story short I get this sg3126 error message evertime I try to get on. But I can still get on the PSN shop and net browser.

Just wondering if it hasn't shut down already.

Xelor
Sep 10, 2010, 03:24 PM
It has been shut down.

Alucard V
Sep 10, 2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks Xelor. Thing like time zones slip my mind at times.

kirtblue
Sep 10, 2010, 03:40 PM
awwe sad i wanted to play a bit more online today i still need one title luckily its the perfect counter one so i can get it but not as fun playing by myself

timoteeeiii
Sep 10, 2010, 11:24 PM
The weekend is here, followed by some Monday Night Football and it'll be Tuesday before you know it. I can wait. :)

Granted it won't likely happen but it'd be awesome if there was midnight launch for PSPo2. :D

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 10, 2010, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't mind if there was a midnight launch in the pss, at 12:00 am Wednesday September 16 I log in to my psn through Media Go, go to the pss, purchase psp2, turn off monitor and speakers to conserve power while sleeping and wake up to some fresh psp2 fun in the sun. Provided I download and install successfully the first time and no get errors thanks to a Dodo data limit remaining warning and be forced to do it again and consume more data.

Things will all be good once I get it, except for going online and converting save data region.

Eiden
Sep 12, 2010, 09:43 PM
Can't tell you how excited I am for this game. Is there any way of confirming the weapons we will be able to find come the realese? I'm crossing my fingers to find out wheather Cross Scar will be availible or not.
Is there a weapon list?

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
I miss my grass assassin sabers from PSO D: