PDA

View Full Version : PSP controller grip for those long gaming sessions..

Eclipsed57
Sep 10, 2010, 05:56 AM
https://www.ezrange.com/hand_grip_for_psp_3000_and_psp_2000-pr-6453-c-0-p-1.html

just ordered one for the inevitable 200+ hours im going to put on my psp now lol. i find the buttons are too close to the edge so you need to angle your hands weird, makes hitting the R buttons uncomfortable so this should fix that problem

Eulogy21
Sep 10, 2010, 06:05 AM
Interesting... It's kind of like what they did to the classic controller for the Wii when they made the classic controller pro. I might look into getting one myself.

Eclipsed57
Sep 10, 2010, 07:58 AM
btw on a similar note does anyone know if they make a keyboard plugin for psp? im really gonna die if i have to type more than "OMG" on the crappy in game keyboard while im getting pwnt by an aura mob

AnamanaAU
Sep 10, 2010, 08:41 AM
I love my Go, component video + PS3 pad.

kongajinken
Sep 10, 2010, 11:54 AM
PS3 pad?

Typestatic
Sep 10, 2010, 11:58 AM
PS3 pad?

PSPGo allows connectivity of the six-axis, also the use of bluetooth headset and such.
Highly underrated, reason why I still want to get the Go.

Edit: Posted before but the way to last long hours on a PSP without the grip... needs great positioning!
[spoiler-box]http://typestatic.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/pspclaw.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Akaimizu
Sep 10, 2010, 11:59 AM
PSPGo's main little feature is Bluetooth, and the ability to set up wireless PS3 controllers to control the PSPGo directly. They also can output to the big screen with a proper connector. If you have the Cradle, you can just set your PSPGo down near the set, set it in, and it'll be powered via AC, pumping video and sound through the TV, while you play with your PS3 controller. Effectively turning the little unit into something reminiscent of a PS2 with a familiar PS3-like interface. (And bluetooth headset ability)

PSP2000/3000 can output to TV with the cables, but have no OFW way of using controllers to control it. Only CFW and a computer/laptop can allow you to do so.

The games that make the most of that ability is stuff like Socom where you can sit there with a big screen experience, PS3 controller, playing online, and using voice chat.

Ethateral
Sep 10, 2010, 12:02 PM
I'm... Going to get this, lol.

Ambrai
Sep 10, 2010, 12:04 PM
I'm naturally a large guy, hands included, so I can appreciate anyone with cramping issues. Unfortunately since your position doesn't really change much with this 'device', I don't see it prolonging gaming sessions.

Argroh Valdios
Sep 10, 2010, 12:11 PM
PSPGo allows connectivity of the six-axis, also the use of bluetooth headset and such.

Edit: Posted before but the way to last long hours on a PSP without the grip... needs great positioning!
[spoiler-box]http://typestatic.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/pspclaw.jpg[/spoiler-box]

That's how I play Monster Hunter.

Izuna
Sep 10, 2010, 12:15 PM

That's how everyone plays Monster Hunter.

Akaimizu
Sep 10, 2010, 12:15 PM
Ahh. It's the Dr. Claw Grip. (Cue Inspector Gadget music) "I'll get you Rathian! Next Time!!! (Mreoooow)"

Pretty much. A good reason to keep the 1000/2000/3000 if you don't want to buy the extras needed to play the Go with a PSP3 controller. Not that it doesn't work on the Go, but the positioning for the Go Dpad and Analogue really put a *cramp* on the *claw* style. Yeah. The Puns keep coming.

Ethateral
Sep 10, 2010, 12:16 PM

I just tried doing that and I can say it's uncomfortable... </3

Izuna
Sep 10, 2010, 12:22 PM
pfft, I play with the Xbox 360 controller; and for fighting games (when ever there is one), I use my FightStick.

This is on a PSP by the way, through the means of homebrew.

Typestatic
Sep 10, 2010, 12:31 PM
I'm naturally a large guy, hands included, so I can appreciate anyone with cramping issues. Unfortunately since your position doesn't really change much with this 'device', I don't see it prolonging gaming sessions.

Valid point there.

Sure the positioning's not for everyone but that's how I manage for 5/6+ hours of continuous play, for both PS and Monhan. Threw that in for laughs, though I didn't expect a whole mass of posts debating it.

kongajinken
Sep 10, 2010, 12:45 PM
Your claw strategy is flawed. My pincers method is much better.

[spoiler-box]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6hn1yeNsy2NqWlgM8HUiG9cvlr8vIt hL8vrCn7wUUZRKFtQw&t=1&usg=__5JvVjJRGgAQO5PwzdwVwpyV3mN4=[/spoiler-box]

Alexandria
Sep 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
That chuck of plastic would make it dang impossible to Claw your PSP o .o

I'll hafta pass.

xBladeM6x
Sep 10, 2010, 02:23 PM
That chuck of plastic would make it dang impossible to Claw your PSP o .o

I'll hafta pass.
This, I <3 Clawing whenever I want to rotate the camera. :D

Witchblade56
Sep 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
So wait a minute we can interface the pspgo with a ps3 controller. There's a peripheral piece that's essentially a mini keyboard that attaches to the ps3 controller. Is it possible to use that keyboard with phantasy star portable 2?

Izuna
Sep 10, 2010, 04:17 PM
Is it possible to use that keyboard with phantasy star portable 2?

SEGA would have to allow support for that input, and they haven't. There can't be any mods outside of changing the game's actual coding or creating some crazy macro; it won't happen, please stop asking.

GantzDetainee
Sep 10, 2010, 05:37 PM

Damn...and I thought I was a weird one by doing such a thing...That's how I play MH,Peace Walker and PS:P2... The grip peripheral is all good but I don't think I can do my Claw hold with it on.

Eclipsed57
Sep 10, 2010, 05:55 PM
why would you want to play psp looking like you have some kind of deformity holding like a claw lol

T_Esquire
Sep 10, 2010, 05:58 PM
As much fun as that thing sounds, it doesn't look like it works with the Stamina Battery cover (which I have, so worth the $65 I spent on it).

bscit
Sep 10, 2010, 05:58 PM
Wow this with FuSa SD, a homebrew app that stretches the psp screen to fit on
a tv, would be awesome.

kongajinken
Sep 10, 2010, 06:38 PM
If I knew how to use CFW I would get a homebrew app to stretch the screen and use a xbox 360 controller.

GantzDetainee
Sep 10, 2010, 07:37 PM
why would you want to play psp looking like you have some kind of deformity holding like a claw lol

Its not that I want to play like a crab but it has its advantage.All of the game I mention have a sucky camera,meaning you need to adjust you camera with the directional button often to see around you.Removing your thumb on the analog stick just to readjust the camera will make your character vunerable to attacks.This is specialy important in MH since stopping in the middle of a fight will kill you.Doing that kind of hold will make readjusting the camera possible without me stopping from running around.

Eclipsed57
Sep 10, 2010, 08:50 PM
well anyway i will let you guys know how it works out once i get it

Ethateral
Sep 10, 2010, 09:00 PM
I already ordered mine, haha. I'm such a dork.