PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 The UPPA

BIG OLAF
Sep 10, 2010, 10:10 PM
This is going to probably sound ridiculous to a lot of 360 players, but what exactly is the UPPA? I just happened upon one of their little get-togethers (in Universe 18, I believe) while trying to get into Universe 1 a few minutes ago. I've always been curious. Hopefully some of it's members frequent these forums, and can answer my questions here:

- What exactly is it that you people do?
- Are you a clan/guild? Or just more of a freeform group?
- Does the UPPA have a goal? If so, what?

Ishia
Sep 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
I'm an on-and-off member, got kicked out, got back in, but whatever.

Anyway, the UPPA is just a social group of players that get together and play for fun. Silver19, the spokesperson, seems adamant that its an ASSOCIATION, and not a clan. There's a scam patrol, that go around fending off scammers and the such, but the sole point of it is to provide a better gaming experience for the community.

In the past, it was a great source of lolz, but all the drama was flushed out.

beatrixkiddo
Sep 10, 2010, 10:19 PM
It's a PSU clan/guild/harem.

BIG OLAF
Sep 10, 2010, 10:28 PM
There's a scam patrol, that go around fending off scammers and the such, but the sole point of it is to provide a better gaming experience for the community.

A scam patrol? Seems like wanna-be heroes there. I guess they mean well by it. As for the better gaming experience for "the community", does that mean for just the members, or for the community as a whole? I don't understand completely.

Also, "association" is just a fancy word for "clan". But that's a side point.

Ishia
Sep 10, 2010, 10:31 PM
For everybody, but don't ask me to go into details, I'm done with PSU for a while. You'll have to post in the thread on the Official if you have any more questions.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=244084

Powder Keg
Sep 10, 2010, 11:12 PM
As far as Scam patrol goes, I wouldn't throw it into the category of LOLPSUPOLICE, although some people like to take things on a crusade and go a little too far with MORAL OBLIGATIONS (individually, not as a group), the general idea is to keep the game clean and group together to report scammers/glitchers, etc through the ticket system.

DragonForce
Sep 11, 2010, 01:51 AM
heh, silver won't let me in! xD

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 01:52 AM

I WONDER WHY!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

yankees11
Sep 11, 2010, 12:22 PM
I used to be part of UPPA. They help out in the PSU Community. There goal is to stop any hackers, scammers, ETC.

He does that alot. He needs to get to know you first before he can recruit you. It took me a while too.

DragonForce
Sep 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
He does that alot. He needs to get to know you first before he can recruit you. It took me a while too.

Therefore, it really is a clan instead of an association. I've been on the game since it released and have actually helped out a lot of random people before. Associations don't have these kinds of requirements. Whatever... I do more in a week than those slouches do in a whole year. xD

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2010, 02:20 PM
He does that a lot. He needs to get to know you first before he can recruit you. It took me a while too.

Therefore, it really is a clan instead of an association.

Recruiting? That's a sign of a clan/guild, not an association, like Dragonforce said. So, whoever this person is, he's taking his position as "spokesperson", and paralleling it to "leader" (which aren't the same thing, mind you).

I was going to ask about joining, but I think I'll pass on all that now. I don't kiss people's asses to join an association (clan).

DragonForce
Sep 11, 2010, 02:37 PM
Apparently AIDA is another spokesperson, but when I asked about joining he told me to go to Silver. Yeah, it's definitely not a clan. /sarcasm

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2010, 02:50 PM
Well, I think I'm getting the picture regarding this organization. Before this gets out of hand, I would like to request that the moderators lock and/or remove this topic. Thank you.

DragonForce
Sep 11, 2010, 02:53 PM
AIDA is a friend of mine so it's cool.

BIG OLAF
Sep 11, 2010, 02:59 PM
AIDA is a friend of mine so it's cool.

I understand. I'm just requesting a lock in case there are others that don't get along with them, and they decide to post in this thread. Remember, soap opera-grade drama is rampant on PSU. It seems every major group has "enemies", even though it's on a video game.

Ishia
Sep 11, 2010, 03:26 PM
Oh but you see, Silver doesn't want complete assholes in it, AKA Jet.

I should mention that a lot of people had join the UPPA recently, that went around degrading its reputation by using their membership as a title to enforce superiority over other players. Which is NOT supposed to happen. Silver doesn't want just anybody to join anymore, due to some certain folks.

DragonForce
Sep 11, 2010, 03:38 PM
I'll be honest. I used to be an asshole. However, that changed a couple months ago...

yankees11
Sep 13, 2010, 07:55 AM
I'll be honest. I used to be an asshole. However, that changed a couple months ago...

LMAO. Same here!!! XD

Ethateral
Sep 13, 2010, 10:32 AM
Whatever... I do more in a week than those slouches do in a whole year. xD

Wut?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

DragonForce
Sep 13, 2010, 11:18 AM
lol xD

SolomonGrundy
Sep 13, 2010, 12:01 PM
I support them, though I do not play with them

DragonForce
Sep 13, 2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah, that's how I kinda feel about them. They have their hearts in the right place, but if they're gonna be picky about letting people in, especially if they don't give those people a chance, then I could care less about them.

Ethateral
Sep 13, 2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, that's how I kinda feel about them. They have their hearts in the right place, but if they're gonna be picky about letting people in, especially if they don't give those people a chance, then I could care less about them.

It's more so Silver's doing, so don't clump us all together as one.

I honestly only like a small handful of the players from UPPA. I typically run with Captain Nintendo, PSU_Terra, xBladeM6x, Ishia (Baw) and Yuffie for the most part. I really only care about running and having a good time with them, rather than worrying about anything else. =/

WHlTEKNIGHT
Sep 13, 2010, 01:21 PM

I honestly only like a small handful of the players from UPPA. I typically run with Captain Nintendo, PSU_Terra, xBladeM6x, Ishia (Baw) and Yuffie for the most part. I really only care about running and having a good time with them, rather than worrying about anything else. =/

I used to go to the meetings but I cant stand silver, especially after what he done a while back.

DragonForce
Sep 13, 2010, 01:46 PM

I'm not trying to put all you guys as having the same agenda. I've played with some of you before and you're cool.

When I get on I have no one to play with so I go to seed express to find parties. Sometimes when I'm real bored I just run from lobby to lobby and try to find people doing true darkness or dark god.

It's real boring when all the people worth playing with are only doing seed express or those stupid /R missions. That's why I'm canceling my sub this Friday.

BIG OLAF
Sep 13, 2010, 03:20 PM
It's real boring when all the people worth playing with are only doing seed express or those stupid /R missions

Gee, thanks :disapprove: :wacko:.

DragonForce
Sep 13, 2010, 03:25 PM
lol, im exaggerating xD

Ethateral
Sep 13, 2010, 03:57 PM
I used to go to the meetings but I cant stand silver, especially after what he done a while back.

I've only gone to one recently and I will say that they are hardly enjoyable.

@DragonForce: No, I know you weren't. I don't even partake in UPPAs happenings anymore. I ended up just making a few friends from there to run with anymore. They're the ones keeping me on this game still, lol.

BlackAlphaG
Sep 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
I support them, though I do not play with them I support the IDEA behind them, but not really alot of the people, that is, well-known people. Alot of, but not all, of them have ego issues.

bloodflowers
Sep 23, 2010, 11:59 AM

Indeed, which makes it all the more ridiculous that he seems to be the leader and gets to decide who can join. It also makes his position as a moderator untenable, but everything was swept nicely under the carpet.

The UPPA is an apple with a rotten seed. It's a shame as I have the utmost respect for many of them.

Ethateral
Sep 23, 2010, 12:08 PM
Indeed, which makes it all the more ridiculous that he seems to be the leader and gets to decide who can join. It also makes his position as a moderator untenable, but everything was swept nicely under the carpet.

The UPPA is an apple with a rotten seed. It's a shame as I have the utmost respect for many of them.

Trust me when I say that he's told me that he gets more aggressive as a mod and the "leader" of UPPA, when someone messes with his "Kin". Which I think isn't needed really. It's just a group as far as I'm concerned. I've only befriended a few out of it and that's all I really care about anymore, lol.

There's a few unsetting things about the "Leader" that don't sit with me right. Certain happenings I've seen, heard, experienced lately. Oh well, I keep to myself anymore.