PDA

View Full Version : Help with my FOnewearl

Coolguy
Mar 8, 2003, 06:24 PM
I have a FOnewearl, lv 28(Skyly) with about 311 MST...I would like suggestions on what i should have for her, also if i can get some good rare FO weapons/armor suggestions.

Cloud_01
Mar 8, 2003, 06:38 PM
A mind mag with at least 160 mind is a nice start. If you have another character you might want to transfer some money over to your FOnewearl to help her with the costs.

For your weapon, I suggest Summit Moon since it boosts all basic techs. FOnewearls already have a bonus to basic techs so this will help out a lot.
Hildebear's Cane is also a good weapon for a FOnewearl. It will boost foie damage and can do some serious damage when used with a high level Foie, Red Merge or Foie Merge.

My level 41 FOnewearl does 750 damage with her Foie level 29 with Hildebear's Cane equipped. I had her well equipped with items I have found with my main character.

Hope that helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-03-08 15:40 ]</font>

Coolguy
Mar 8, 2003, 06:47 PM
That helps alot...thank you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blue-Hawk
Mar 12, 2003, 08:41 AM
i know this isa couple of days late, but having a lv 83 fonewearl, i can tell you that mind mag and units play a great role here. use god/minds. as many as you can get. also, a colored merge helps. i have all 3, yellow, blue and red. i preffer the red one. as well as a cane or wand that helps boost said color. skyly wont find those wands. either start a pinkal or find someone with pinkal and get the wands. personally, i like my decapitated, bully head on a stick for the extra 45 mst bonus.

EX-731
Mar 12, 2003, 09:39 AM
Well now, let me see. I have a lvl 100 Fonewarl, (vrindia) and this is what i've gathered so far. This is just my option from my expearences. Take it as you will.

I like a high Mind/Def mag. I've got a 55/10/10/125 mind mag on her, which she's had most her life, (EX made it before i started her.) This mag has lower mind than most of your tipical "mind" mags, but it works wonders. (keep in mind your dealing with the highest mst char in the game.) The high D helps alot when rushing throught the ez levels quickly, so you can start making real exp. (Think i made utl by 50, which is quick for me.)

I'm halfway done with a new mind mag for her, it's 45/0/5/150 well it will be, reason for the 45/5 Def and dex is to evole a sato mag. I know most people don't like them, but i'm very much NOT most people http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Plus I belive D is important, because, even though your a force, you will get hit, and it sucks to die in shot, which will happen in most boss battles if you don't have a faily high d and a bounch of hp units equiped.

as far a mats go, i only us mind mats. and a hand full of D mats. I figure, if i use 125 mind mats, and a 150 mind mag, that makes 550 (150*2 =300 125*2= 250 250+300=550) which, is the gap between their base and max mst stats. the other 25 on def and evp, brake it up how ever you want.

mind units are very nice early, to help learn higher lvl techs faster, but in the later levels, once you already know most of your 25+'s, they become less importent, imho, and HP units become a must. (beside, as you can see, you won't really need them if you take my above advice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) In fact, right now, i have no mind units equiped at all, all hp, and I own everying on utl.

Summit moon is very cool, i love mine, but i like it on my fonewm (lvl 75 pinkel, with it equiped, all his attack techs get a bonus.) as apposed to my fonewarl. As stated, they alread get a bonus to the basic techs. She has one yellow merg, and an ice and fire wand. That way, @ any given time, 2 of her 3 gi's and ra's get bonuses that really come in handy, and the simple techs of them two techs get a second boost. All you got to do is master your quick equip hot keys, and your all set.

That's what i've gathered so far. I'm expearmenting with Fomar's amd Fomarls right now... But of the 4 fo classes i've played, I like the Fonewrl the best.

EX-731

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EX-731 on 2003-03-12 06:42 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Mar 12, 2003, 12:08 PM
One more suggestion for a weapon: Psychowand.

This weapon is unbelievably useful for a Force, especially a Fonewearl with all of her MST/tp. It halves tp cost and boosts your Ra-techs. Its special casts a free foie, or barta, or zonde (changed from the DC version).

The only problem is it draws your spell's full tp cost from your hp. You can actually overdose from casting techs and die.

This isn't as huge a problem as most people think. Eating lots of HP mats and getting */hp units will go a LONG way to counteracting this effect.

(Another alternative is the Dark Bridge, which halves tp cost, draws half your spell cost from your hp and boosts grants/megid. However, it drops status ailments on you, sometimes multiple ailments at once).