PDA

View Full Version : PsoPC vs BB

Fang_Uchiha
Sep 11, 2010, 03:24 AM
The Pro and cons about PSO PC and PSOBB XD which one better? which one cooler? the upside, the downside, lets go!!!!!!!

darkante
Sep 11, 2010, 04:13 AM
Itīs easy..PSOBB.
Since it got like the most content of all versions.

Mike
Sep 11, 2010, 05:05 AM
I never really liked the emptiness that was to be found in BB's hubs. It's got content though.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 11, 2010, 09:15 AM
1st go the guides and search for the general ep1&2 guide, contains all the changes made from pso ver.2 to ep1&2 on GC

Then simply add ep4 (new areas, enemies and bosses), new items, increased game resolution, server sided save, server gameplay (no server = no pso, server defines the rules not you) and that's basicly it.

the biggest changes are from ver.2 to GC ep1&2 wich are way to many.

HeartBreak301
Sep 11, 2010, 09:53 AM
PSOPC is the PC port of Dreamcast version 2. PC also only has Episode 1 available to it. PSOBB I recommend much more because its basically PSOGC with an expansion pack on it. Nothing new to learn aside from some new items and areas. Also PSOBB's population VASTLY outweighs PSOPC's population.

I guess this sums up what I have to say.

Sep 11, 2010, 02:20 PM
I used to think version 2 was like superspecialawesome, but after spending more time playing BB and getting over nostalgia I like BB the most.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
Ppl that play pso ver.2 do not search for more content or updated graphics, ver.2 is unique in it's own way.

But if you want more and better then go BB

FoCaster
Sep 11, 2010, 06:01 PM
Version 2 is definitely unique in that it has ridiculous drop rates. =p

Fang_Uchiha
Sep 11, 2010, 10:32 PM
Wow...BB taking it by a land slide XD CAN BB be much ?

EvilMag
Sep 12, 2010, 02:00 AM
V2 to me is classic, I love HUmars having S/D.

BB is good as well but my main problem is the private server everyone plays. Bad decisions everywhere there. >_>

Kent
Sep 12, 2010, 02:45 AM
BB is good as well but my main problem is the private server everyone plays. Bad decisions everywhere there. >_>
Like what? It's actually not all that bad.

There have even been some improvements made over the game, such as the additional account-wide bank, and unlocking of some previously-locked boss drops that were unattainable on the official servers before they went down.

HeartBreak301
Sep 12, 2010, 05:57 AM
I think he means how the staff is running things atm, there's a LOT of discontent with the admins right now to where 2 GMs have resigned and couple people getting ridiculous bans.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 12, 2010, 07:33 AM
Thats the server sided problems, you do not make the rules, the server does, including when you can play.

halohalo
Sep 26, 2010, 01:07 AM
In PSOPC, you can assign different Japanese font files to show English and Japanese.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k167/halohalox/pso/pso_font.jpg

zandra117
Sep 26, 2010, 04:08 AM
PSOPC has more difficulty than BB. If I remember correctly enemies have more HP etc.
Also some visual effects and weapon models between PSOPC and BB are notably different. The animation for Shifta/Deband, the model for DB's Saber, The ghosts that fly around in the Dark Falz boss that are not in future versions. Also PSOPC is episode 1 only plus VR temple and spaceship battle areas.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 26, 2010, 01:25 PM
If you absolutely insist on playing PSO, there is quite literally no excuse to play anything other than PSOBB. You would have to be clinically insane to do so.

AlexCraig
Sep 26, 2010, 01:33 PM
Perhaps people prefer to play some other form of PSO. Some prefer DC or GC to BB and PC. They are not clinically insane.

doubleEXP
Sep 27, 2010, 01:11 PM
Perhaps people prefer to play some other form of PSO. Some prefer DC or GC to BB and PC. They are not clinically insane.

I agree. I recently downloaded BB (again) and I will probably tool around with it a bit, but I already have a 166 RAmarl on GC and a 134 HUnewearl on GC. The nice thing about GC is that your characters are on your memory card AND it has a sweet multiplayer mode (so easy to trade between your own characters) AND you never have to worry about server outages (or server shutdown). You just play whenever you want, on your HDTV I might add.

I personally think GC PSO+ is the overall superior one player version and BB is the superior online version.

TrueChaos
Oct 3, 2010, 04:12 AM
Version 2 is definitely unique in that it has ridiculous drop rates. =p

and insane EXP requirements to level up. i'm glad they adjusted it for GC/BB (BB is the best by the way)

Saffran
Oct 3, 2010, 05:53 AM
Haha, yeah, V2 was unique, that's for sure.

That said, go with the PSO+ version if you don't want online play. As for online, BB is the way to go, if only because it's the latest version; it has more items, more dungeons, more ennemies, etc.

Excalibur2k10
Oct 7, 2010, 12:32 PM
i like to play PSO BB, but i have never play PSO PC Befor but i would like to.

Fang_Uchiha
Oct 12, 2010, 01:12 PM
Seems like BB has Bugs

Shotgun100
Oct 12, 2010, 02:01 PM
PSOBB by far i,d say.

Fang_Uchiha
Dec 9, 2010, 02:14 AM
Well i havent played BB yet, Everytime i try there's a new problem there to stop me... So i've been on PSO PCv2 with Ives and so on... from what i got here BB really not all that... just seems Really Flashy.

TheAstarion
Dec 9, 2010, 01:16 PM
BB has bugs, yes, but the vast amount of content far outweighs a couple of serverside problems. Stay out of Skyline when you're feeding your mag, and you'll be basically fine most of the time.

PSOPC is hackable. As in, anything that you can do clientside to give yourself stuff, muck with skins, quick levelups... yeah, as long as it doesn't directly harm other players you've got a green light. FOmarl with a custom S-rank shotgun through God of Equip? You got it. T-J sword with a matrix skin, 180hit and 255 grinds? Hm, better add a charge special to make use of that infinite money. Yep, PSOPC is insane in that way.

But you only have the four areas.

BB is not hackable, as doing so will get you banned. There are white knights and witch hunters out there whose goal it is to find hackers and get them the ban they deserve, which... well I guess they do... but it also means any legit players who accept gifts or trades without going through the forums and their proof pics is a dirty scumbag hack cheater by association, which I do think is a little OTT.

Episode 2 grew on me. Like, back in the day I didn't like it because it was hard. I didn't like caves either because they were hard, and De Rol Le took me 25 minutes to kill first time I fought him. Now I'm older, I appreciate these more challenging things a lot more. Episode 4 is alright, but the only place worth going more than a couple of times is the subterranean desert, AKA Not Moatoob. It came before Moatoob and still looks infinitely better than most of Moatoob does in PSU. Nah, Episode 2 is my home now.

Want pretty "new" areas? Play BB, play legit. Want everything you ever wanted and nobody to show it off to? PC is your friend.

Dec 10, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think a lot of the time when a version 2 player says BB is just flashy, they really mean "I played BB once and someone had a heaven striker and they were doing more damage than me, so I hate that weapon now." Then they usually go on about how terrible it's mechanics are, try to convince themselves and others that episode 2 and 4 are just rehash, and make up stuff about how terrible the community is.

Dongra
Dec 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
You just described Ives' thoughts on Blue Burst. Although, I will agree that the community is indeed terrible. (At least on one particular server.)

Red Ring
Dec 10, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say playing PSO on the Dreamcast was a much better experience for me than PSOBB. Not only was it free and character classes had more abilities like everyone getting reverser and using spread needles and spread needles having longer range etc but it also was on a badass console and was a whole new experience. pso was simply better back then. psobb has a lot of content in it that i prefer to use like mille marteaux my fave weapon, gael giel is awesome, traps, excal, etc. I use pretty much everything thats new over the old and the game feels a lot more advanced. but the problem is its a been there done that situation.

and on that private server i was investigated by gms all the time almost like being pulled over by the cops because i was buying uber rares with money and trading them in rooms all the time for other ubers. i ended up getting a few items on dupe list etc and was witch hunted. kinda funny. i got investigated more than when i was secretly trading proxy made items that i was making. many of the biggest most trusted traders on their forums were hacking in items.

i did have a field day trading and i remember the good old times of when they had awful server code.

i ended up quitting that game like 4 or 5 times and only until the last time i quit i did nothing but exploit and trade. i got all the uber rares within a month. thats right a month into playing on their server id have a red ring excal miller marteaux gael giel agastya aura guld milla v502 s ranks adept cents v101 electro frame etc. the last time i ended up spending 100 dollars and trading my ass off to get all the ubers. trading a top level uber with sweeteners always makes you uber rich.

i then got tired of being investigated cause my account was so new and full of ubers and they said they were gonna check my trade logs to find the dupe guld milla i had so i just made a room saying quitting and had a bunch of people paypal me for all my rares. i also wanted to quit causei get highly addicted to trading and once i get all the rares i flip out from repetitively going through the same quests with no purpose ignoring real life

also, they totally broke the game when they made iron faust, dark meteor, rianov-5 etc combo. they glitch bosses and are way too powerful etc. screw them

my first ult ttf game i found a red ring, lol.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs025.ash2/34591_113364145378921_100001160093107_71314_463119 8_n.jpg

Dongra
Dec 10, 2010, 08:01 PM
You are one of those people that helped ruin that game.