PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 @PSPgo users

Infernonyc
Sep 11, 2010, 01:14 PM
How's the gameplay and feel using a PSPgo with PSPo2?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 11, 2010, 01:25 PM

I guess I'm not the only one worried to get a new PSP.

LeonAlabard
Sep 11, 2010, 02:01 PM
I played the demo on a friend's PSPGo one time.
Not really much different gameplay/graphics-wise. Except for the smaller screen, everything is the same, but it was kinda hard to me to change weapons while walking. Doing it on my PSP-3000 is easier for me (but I guess that's because I hed time to practice it).

Infernonyc
Sep 11, 2010, 09:52 PM
I guess I'm not the only one worried to get a new PSP.

So nervous lol. I can't make up my mind. I've narrowed it down to psp go white and the kingdom hearts bundle. I've made like 8 posts about new psps, I need to stop...

Roontek
Sep 11, 2010, 10:29 PM
So nervous lol. I can't make up my mind. I've narrowed it down to psp go white and the kingdom hearts bundle. I've made like 8 posts about new psps, I need to stop...

Steer clear of the go. Get the 3000. Its safer to go with umd ability as well as digital download. You get the nicer screen as well as the mic. The go was just a failed over priced idea offering no hard ware improvements.

Nidramag
Sep 11, 2010, 11:22 PM
For the love of God, do not get a PSP Go. People can like them but don't have it as your only PSP. Get a 3000, it's better if it's what you're using.

Infernonyc
Sep 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
For the love of God, do not get a PSP Go. People can like them but don't have it as your only PSP. Get a 3000, it's better if it's what you're using.

See, I already have a PSP-1000 for games like Birth By Sleep, and the Final Fantasies, that's why I'm in such a dilemma.

Nidramag
Sep 11, 2010, 11:41 PM
I have a pretty good experience with all four systems, and do what you want because they will obviously all work.

I would in personal order have 3000 > 2000 > 1000 > go.

What bothers me is that Go uses strictly digital media, obviously, you will not physically have any game (no resale value, no proof of ownership, no sharing, etc.) but it also takes up an amount of space, meaning you may end up paying more for memory if you decide to buy more games, with the games costing the same as a physical copy.

The go was kind of a sad attempt for Sony of getting ahead on the digital distribution market, and it kind of crashed and burned. You can still download games onto a 3000, and it also has a mic, and in my experience, cramps your hands up less and is less fragile.

In the future, the PSP store may be sluggish (or possible never get particular games) in adding what you might want. Also a go will cost more, for the system itself.

Pick what you want, obviously, but that's what I have to say.

Edit : Oh yeah, no games on the fly either. You gotta be connected to the internet, for quite a while, to download your games.

Roontek
Sep 12, 2010, 12:18 AM
Edit : Oh yeah, no games on the fly either. You gotta be connected to the internet, for quite a while, to download your games.

Uh.... Media Go? Download games in a minute or so, transfer them to the PSP. Done.

Infernonyc
Sep 12, 2010, 12:25 AM
Uh.... Media Go? Download games in a minute or so, transfer them to the PSP. Done.

I have a mac, no go >.<

Roontek
Sep 12, 2010, 01:01 AM
I have a mac, no go >.<

Same here. I just run windows through boot camp. Unless you don't have a copy of windows...

Nitsud
Sep 12, 2010, 03:06 PM
I bought a pspgo on launch, and i have been very happy with the hardware its a great little unit. but im sorry to say that sony's support is not at all good for the device. I am so thankful for sega to put PSP2 on PSN because after the fiasco of KHBBS i really couldnt take much more. this game more than makes up for it. if you can get the pspgo for 200 from walmart (which i heard on the internets somewhere) i would say go for it, if your 1k is in good shape, just dont get rid of it you will really be limited on your purchase options. I dont know if you get 3 game deal anymore either when u buy a pspgo. i have owned all versions of the psp and i do truly like the pspgoes hardware the best but like i said the support just sucks which makes the 3k a better purchase option. especially for people on a tight budget. i sold my 2k so i could afford the go and i kinda regret it. also if you do decide to get a go the only accessory you should get is a screen protector, i bought the soft case with the zipper and its a nice little case. other than that it would be a waste since the support isnt there. they are probably focusing on the true psp 2.

++edit++
i will add being able to play with a ps3 controller for long time is a nice feature of the go, i also have the tvout cable. so i can play on the big screen too. it makes the pspgo a mini home video game system XD. it looks decent on my hdtv just like a ps2 game. but you do have to have a ps3 to sync a controller, but not to play the psp on the tv just like other psp models.

I CANT WAIT FOR TUESDAY !!!! 2 MORE DAYS WOOOHOOO

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 04:27 AM
I have a psp go, and it go great. Probably one con(An illegal con anyway) is psp go users have no cfw capabilities, handy if you're from a PAL Region country like I am and decide to change your save data from the US demo to PAL for the PAL full game. Speaking of mic, does our psp mics allow voice chat?

r00tabaga
Sep 13, 2010, 07:10 AM
Cons: $$$ price...no UMD's...some games aren't on PSN

Pros: 16gb on board memory...smaller unit...no UMD's...PS3 contoller w/bluetooth on HDTV is great...smaller screen makes the graphics look "tight & crisper"...buttons are placed in more comfortable positions, especially the analog stick (which I find is better designed as well)...flip screen is great for comics and movies

I had a 1000, still own a 3000 but prefer a Go by a mile.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2010, 07:22 AM
I have a mac, no go >.<

Same here. I just run windows through boot camp. Unless you don't have a copy of windows...

Bootcamp is the way to go.
Cannot believe how ridiculous a Mac is when it comes to downloading stuff, or using some Windows programs.
(And don't get me started on torrents... god damn they are slow on a Mac. I'd be lost without Bootcamp).

Also, there's other ways to download legal copies of games in a fast way.
You don't need the Media thing for the Go to download fast.

Roontek
Sep 13, 2010, 11:03 AM
Also, there's other ways to download legal copies of games in a fast way.
You don't need the Media thing for the Go to download fast.

What ways are you thinking of? You can download it from three different ways, a PC using Sony's Media Go, PSN store via PS3, or PSN store via PSP. The latter option being the slowest out of the bunch, thanks to a retarded network card using 802.11b. The PS3 downloads somewhat fast if its hooked in by ethernet, wifi will see almost the same speeds as the PSP with its 802.11g network card. whereas with a PC and a decent ISP you can download that 1 Gig file in a matter of 2-3 mins.

Infernonyc
Sep 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
Yea, I'm going with the kingdom hearts bundle, gonna pick it up tonight and be ready for tuesday!!!

Magician
Sep 13, 2010, 02:25 PM

I use my PS3 controller while my PSPgo is docked with video-out to my tv.

Quite comfortable.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 10:53 PM
I'd sure like to know how to play me psp go on me BIG BOX!! Its an LG 42 inch Full 1080p HD LCD, I must ask with most sincerity how to play psp go gameplay on me tv? Cause playing psp2 that way would rock.

Magician
Sep 14, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'd sure like to know how to play me psp go on me BIG BOX!! Its an LG 42 inch Full 1080p HD LCD, I must ask with most sincerity how to play psp go gameplay on me tv? Cause playing psp2 that way would rock.

A PS3 is necessary to sync a PS3 controller with your PSPgo via Bluetooth. Then you'll need the PSPgo Cradle (http://www.amazon.com/PSPgo-Cradle-Sony-PSP/dp/B002EQE58Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284460777&sr=8-1-spell), which allows you to simultaneously charge your PSPgo and run video-out to your tv. Of course Sony wants to maximize profit, so you'll have to purchase the ac adapter (http://www.amazon.com/PSP-AC-Adapter-Sony/dp/B0007V46HK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1284460969&sr=1-1) and component cables (http://www.amazon.com/PSPgo-Component-AV-Cable-Sony-PSP/dp/B002LH4UB0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1284460906&sr=1-1) seperately as well.

AnamanaAU
Sep 14, 2010, 05:47 AM
Don't go amazon, go dealextreme.com. I got both a Composite and a Component cable for PSPGo for less than $10 together.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:16 PM
PSP Go has great features, and it is my ONLY PSP of choice.
1. When you need to quit playing, you can use the "Pause Game" feature which save exactly where you are at in a game (without having to actually save your game). You can even play a different game or do something else while that game has been "Paused". Extremely useful.
2. When your battery is dying, the PSP Go will "auto-pause" the game and shut down, so that even though your PSP is slap dead - you lost no data whatsoever.
3. Load times are AMAZING, and you don't hear that f*cking noisy *ss UMD loading.
4. You can use a PS3 controller to play games (still haven't done this but whatever)
5. 16 gigs is alot of space to put stuff. I have several games, and I still have over 10 gigs. Also games you dont play can be re-downloaded later or saved to a computer.

I think that is enough reasons why the Go is better. Only downfalls are the price and the wait for some games.

Akaimizu
Sep 14, 2010, 02:57 PM
One question, since I haven't tried this yet, if you pause a game and then do a true shutdown of the system, can you still resume that game, or does shutting down the system remove your ability to unpause it? Just a question, because I wondered if the PSP would treat that like the hibernate function for PC laptops. It always conserves more battery life shutting down the PSP than putting it in sleep mode.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:58 PM
One question, since I haven't tried this yet, if you pause a game and then do a true shutdown of the system, can you still resume that game, or does shutting down the system remove your ability to unpause it? Just a question, because I wondered if the PSP would treat that like the hibernate function for PC laptops. It always conserves more battery life shutting down the PSP than putting it in sleep mode.
You can shut it down completely. It saves the game state to internal memory.

AnamanaAU
Sep 14, 2010, 05:03 PM
Yes, like a save state.