PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 Inifinity trailer Observations

Purple Lamplight
Sep 11, 2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNNOv5JGH4&feature=related
Here are some observations I have made during the trailer that hint at things in Phantasy star portable 2 Infinity.
-Olga Flow
-Rico's Red rings spinning and forming the infinity symbol
-DNA being split and attached to other DNA.
-When it zooms out for the second time you can see that it zooms out from the middle of the ocean on parum. Showing that there might be a seabed place like in PSO episode 2.

Heres just a theory I have about Olga Flow: Since you can get the dark weapon called "Dark Meteor" on the japanese version of PSP2 I think that maybe you will be able to see Flowen like in pso episode 2.

Alexandria
Sep 11, 2010, 02:29 PM
I'd really hate it if they just recycled the story, but that's what it sounds like. Duman's are gonna be SEED infected humans that didn't turn into monsters, and someone is gonna go berserk and turn into Olga Flow. Probably whoever has Rico's ring.

Lolitron
Sep 11, 2010, 02:33 PM
Probably Nagisa.

NAM
Sep 11, 2010, 03:06 PM
Why are there two Red Rings? Then again why are there two Rika's Claws? Or two Elysions? Or two Lavis Cannons? So many questions...

Tyreek
Sep 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
Why are there two Red Rings?

Because...

-Rico's Red rings spinning and forming the infinity symbol

If you look closely, you'll see the other ring is a reflection.

Then again why are there two Rika's Claws? Or two Elysions? Or two Lavis Cannons? So many questions...

Because Twin Rika Claws were in PSU, Twin Cannon was in PSP1, and Twin Elysion was in PSP2.

NAM
Sep 11, 2010, 03:45 PM
Because...

If you look closely, you'll see the other ring is a reflection.

Because Twin Rika Claws were in PSU, Twin Cannon was in PSP1, and Twin Elysion was in PSP2.

That is not what I meant. -_-' Its a fact that there are two of the same weapon which originated from PS, and were one of a kind in PSO (AND PS) including Rika's Claw when imo every weapon from PSO (or any game) should at least be canon to their backstories.

I kind of went with that when I knew it just wouldn't make any sense making two Red Rings. After I looked at it again, you could see a water effect under the ring so yeah. Its a creative idea for an infinity symbol.

Tyreek
Sep 11, 2010, 03:56 PM
Yes, it is a fact they they were one of a kind. But lots of games tend to do a little fanservice. Otherwise, why would people be going around with Elysions when there is only one in existance? It doesn't really have to make much sense in order to put it in. Heck, there's two Kusanagis and two Excaliburs in PSP2. They never had twin versions and they're based off one of a kind legends themselves.

Remember, its a game. Not everything makes sense, but they're there anyway.

Purple Lamplight
Sep 11, 2010, 04:20 PM
I dont think Nagisa turns into Olga Flow.
My theory is that the nanotrance vortex in PSU opened farther and let either Olga Flow in or the Parasetic Gene Flow which could also explain why there are Evil Sharks and all the PSO creatures appearing. And also the rare missions like Phantom Fissure. Also I think Parum is Ragol but in another deminsion. I also think that because in PSO you can see 2 other planets in various points of the game that look like moatoob and neudaiz.

Tyreek
Sep 11, 2010, 04:28 PM
Not really. Its all in the same ilk in terms of the story's archetype. Just look at the classic series and you'll see the similarities.

Parum = Palma

Motaoob = Motavia

Neudaiz = Dezolis

Purple Lamplight
Sep 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
I have just noticed another thing.
At about 00:39 in the trailer you see a man with blonde hair that looks similar to that godess Miku or whatever her name is in PSP2. He also has the chest piece as her with the 3 circles attached to each other. It looks like this http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/wallpaper/skorpius-1.jpg
Which sort of looks like 3 planets orbiting a star which is seen in both PSO and PSU which also hints at my theory that Parum is Ragol.

Tyreek
Sep 11, 2010, 04:47 PM
Its not Ragol. I don't know where you're basing this from really. If it was Ragol, all the nanotansing activity and illusions would stem from THAT planet, and not everywhere else. Not even the GUARDIANS colony. All of these incidents occurred when Rykros worm holed its way to the Gurhal system from a different dimension. The only speculative point that makes sense is the theory of sub-space causing this to happen. Also supporting your theory of nanotansed space from Falz and Rykros. Also. Mika and that other guy are from the Ancient Civilzation, who were on those planets centuries ago before their downfall.

If anything is of a different dimension, Parum would be an alternate to planet Palma from the Algol System.

pso_crash
Sep 11, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yea it looks like it's a part of his costume.

NAM
Sep 11, 2010, 05:19 PM
Yes, it is a fact they they were one of a kind. But lots of games tend to do a little fanservice. Otherwise, why would people be going around with Elysions when there is only one in existance? It doesn't really have to make much sense in order to put it in. Heck, there's two Kusanagis and two Excaliburs in PSP2. They never had twin versions and they're based off one of a kind legends themselves.

Remember, its a game. Not everything makes sense, but they're there anyway.

Its fiction, but its the story that counts. Plotholes are not okay. That's what I'm saying.

Tyreek
Sep 11, 2010, 05:34 PM
I consider it more of fanservice than a plothole. Heck, there is Lavis Dagger now. And last I checked there was no single version of Lavis Blades, nor was there a Lavis Arrow, which came from a contest.

Nope, plot holes are not okay. But when certain elements are not driving the main story, they shouldn't even be bothered going over. If certain elements are interfering with the goal of the plot, then there's a problem.

All I'm saying here is relax about it. Not every single thing in this game must conform to the main story. Otherwise we wouldn't be having two Excaliburs in the game. (PSO and FS/N) Or two people using Elysion at the same time. Or collaboration stuff. Or Sonic and Tails for that matter.

I think what we should be worrying about now, is if PSP2 having a story driven tie with PSO, is gonna generate a plot hole in itself.