PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Has anyone else done this?

DarkPhoton
Sep 11, 2010, 09:36 PM
Ive been playing a ranger since PSO for the dreamcast. Yet every single phantasy star game that comes out, I always decide to give Hunter a shot. Ill play and play with them, Get them to about level 60 or so. Beat the story mode and what have you...Then instantly go back to playing a Ranger. without fail every time. Even with the demo for PsP2 I started by making a hunter, then went to playing ranger. Now I play with almost nothing but a ranger all the time D: Online or offline. It seems like my Hunter gets neglected even though I really do like playing her, and I my cast ranger gets all the attention XD.

Just curious, Does anyone else do this? and if so what is your favorite class?

GantzDetainee
Sep 11, 2010, 10:00 PM
Seems like you have a class prefence...I too do that kind of stuff but in reverse,I play all types then revert back to being a Hunter.

DarkPhoton
Sep 11, 2010, 10:06 PM
I tried the Vangaurd too. It wasn't all that too me, I never use force techs So it seemed pointless for me to have skills stretched for it. Still. Im gonna try to keep them both even leveled this time around.

Eclipsed57
Sep 11, 2010, 10:11 PM
ive always mained a hunter and secondary a force. i tried ranger a few times but could just never get into them

DarkPhoton
Sep 11, 2010, 10:14 PM
I cant do a force, I've tried and tried again. I like being able to take a hit, even if i prefer to shoot things far away with twin handguns.

Nidramag
Sep 11, 2010, 10:30 PM
I always play as a battle force. Well. Did when possible. and pretty much now Newman vanguard is about as close as you get...

DarkPhoton
Sep 11, 2010, 10:41 PM
I miss the Mags on PSO, Used to be able to melee with my ranger just as well as a Hunter. Ahhhh good times.

Nidramag
Sep 11, 2010, 11:27 PM
Used to be able to melee with a Force as good as anyone. :3
Gamecube 12min14sec Ultimate TTF solo run, held the record as a force on PSERVER for a while :(

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 01:11 AM
I never really got to play pso on the gamecube. I played it on the dreamcast till the very end D: good times those where

"En"
Sep 12, 2010, 01:17 AM
I gave Ranger, Force, and Vanguard an honest shot in the demo, to see how well I'd be able to cope with the changes made from the "old" system. While I do, admittedly, like all three of them, Hunter is in my blood. I can say, without a doubt, that I'll play it most frequently during my PSP2 career.

darkante
Sep 12, 2010, 02:03 AM
Well, i used to the opposite.

First play Ranger for a bit, then jump Hunter for a while.
Then jump back.

Worst thing is when you like both equally, you wanna do everything at the same time.

GantzDetainee
Sep 12, 2010, 02:07 AM
Worst thing is when you like both equally, you wanna do everything at the same time.

Thats a tough one well atleast we can customize the types of weapon that we can use in the game or just borrow a gunlance from MH:-P

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 04:26 AM
I will say, that is probably one of the best things they put in a Phantasy star game, Not having weapons restrictions is awesome. I love my ranger. But I never use machine guns or laser rifles. So being able to chose what I want to be S rank in is great.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Sep 12, 2010, 01:37 PM
For me it always comes back to playing a CAST Ranger. Even in PSO. Maybe it has to do with all them Terminator movies I love to watch...

Ken_Silver
Sep 12, 2010, 01:40 PM
I always play the Hybrid class. (Wartecher, Acrotecher, Braver/Vanguard), but I always start out with Hunter. Mostly because in PSO, Hunter was the Hybrid class... to me at least. I was a HUmar.

He was able to do everything I needed at least.

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 01:42 PM
I used to tinker around with the newman hunter. But my main was a RaMar (mostly cause I didn't like the maid look that came with the HuCaseal)

kongajinken
Sep 12, 2010, 01:49 PM
Seems like you have a class prefence...I too do that kind of stuff but in reverse,I play all types then revert back to being a Hunter.

this.

Nidramag
Sep 12, 2010, 03:03 PM
I have to agree with Ken. I am a hybrid man.

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 05:36 PM
I like pure classes. Specializing just seems the way to go. Though I will admit mobs that have resistance to firearms can be a pain in the arse.

T_Esquire
Sep 12, 2010, 11:37 PM
I've been playing various forms of Force on PSU but PSO I played Rangers. My first were RAcaseals (my name on here was my first PSO character's name) with one making my claim to fame of using only melee weapons Normal through Ultimate (Ultimate Falz was a PAIN). My last PSO character was an itty-bitty RAcast named RUPIKA (FOnewearl in a spacesuit!). With PSU, though, I started playing as Rupika 'proper' and have carried that trend on into the portables. I like the little brat, she's got spunk (for someone you originally find as a 'unconcious' body in Forest 2).