PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 twin claws in the demo?

Eclipsed57
Sep 12, 2010, 12:55 AM
is it me or are these the hardest thing to find in the demo? i have multiple copies of every B rank & rare item except for these. I have run sleeping warriors 40ish times, i have like 7 slicers. Should i just wait till tuesday when i can find a pair easier?? or are they actually worth using

Enshroud
Sep 12, 2010, 12:58 AM
You'll have plenty of twin claws in the actual game by just playing through normally. It's up to you if you want them now to try them out if you have nothing else to do.

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah i couldn't get them either. Or the grenade launcher. (Not the rappy one)

"En"
Sep 12, 2010, 01:11 AM
As soon as you clear Chapter 5 in the retail, you can trade Heart Key Spellstones (which I'm sure everyone has many of by now) for Twin Snowy/Kitty Claws. Like Twin Photon Claws, they have a level requirement of 15, but they actually come with an element (25% Fire Snowy, Ice Kitty). Those two alone should satisfy your Twin Claw needs, at least until you're high enough to find and equip the A and S Twin Claws.

Twin Photon Claws aren't terrible, but they're hindered by the fact that they always come elementless (the curse of being based on a green photon weapon from PSO) and long-term, they seem only useful for weapon collection.

PS: I had a hell of a time hunting down a pair, myself. I don't use them, but I'm a bit of a collection fanatic.

PPS: From personal experience, Sleep/Resist has been a far worse hunt than Twin Photon Claws. I had run Undersea Ruins over 200 times before it dropped.

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 01:16 AM
So the drain effect is no good in the long term game?

"En"
Sep 12, 2010, 01:26 AM
I won't say with certainty that it's "bad," but it doesn't seem very practical, either. Something of an added perk, more like. It doesn't help that Twin Photon Claw only has Lv1 Drain, and can't extend into anything else.

I've always had the mentality that any ability is better than no ability, but even so, as you reach a higher level, there are better options. Even with an Extend Code, it may be outclassed.

GantzDetainee
Sep 12, 2010, 01:28 AM
Patience is the key,alot of it.Just forget for a moment that the stage is soooo long before you even get to those Polavhora which are really really small in numbers(like 3).I found mine today after doing tons of runs since yesterday.If your a cast,human or newman try equiping your SUV/Mirage blast and passive skill wild blast(faster gauge refill) this might help cut the time it takes to run the mission.

reala728
Sep 12, 2010, 01:38 AM
i feel your pain op i ran sleeping warriors about 50 times before i got them. they are pretty cool but not worth putting that much time into honestly.

and the drain effect only gives my character 1-2 hp back per hit which is barely noticeable

Alexandria
Sep 12, 2010, 02:18 AM
I got it my 4th run of sleeping warriors, and I wasn't even looking for it. :D

I rarely use them though, since the only PA I can find is Bukuu, and that thing sucks even if you get all 3 hits. Are there any other twin claw PA's in the demo?

GantzDetainee
Sep 12, 2010, 02:22 AM
I got it my 4th run of sleeping warriors, and I wasn't even looking for it. :D

I rarely use them though, since the only PA I can find is Bukuu, and that thing sucks even if you get all 3 hits. Are there any other twin claw PA's in the demo?

Lucky you...I reckon the only claw PA I've seen in the demo is the one the can be bought on the battle shop.I guess your referring to that one?

Alexandria
Sep 12, 2010, 02:23 AM
Lucky you...I reckon the only claw PA I've seen in the demo is the one the can be bought on the battle shop.I guess your referring to that one?

Yeah, the shop PA. It's got crappy damage and no knockdown. Really isn't worth hunting the dang things, unless you REALLY want that completion %.

GantzDetainee
Sep 12, 2010, 02:28 AM
Yeah, the shop PA. It's got crappy damage and no knockdown. Really isn't worth hunting the dang things, unless you REALLY want that completion %.

I know right?The claw looks menacing but the "bite" is disappointing...I don't have anything to do so I'm just trying complete those weapons that can be obtained in the demo.

DarkPhoton
Sep 12, 2010, 04:33 AM
I do prefer the single claws over sabers though. They seem to have a bit more oomph. Too bad the only PA i have is that whirly one...i forget the name. I still wanted the claws, but they don't seem particularly worth my time.