PDA

View Full Version : Psp2 Digital Download on Launch Day?

MegaRocker1987
Sep 13, 2010, 01:29 PM
Will it Be Available on Launch Day 9/14?

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 01:50 PM
You might have to wait till PSN updates. Which I believe will be around midnight on the day of the release.

OriginalB
Sep 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
Can a psp2000 do a digital download of this game, or is that only for PSPgo?

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 02:05 PM
You can download it on ANY PSP system. As long as you have a PSN account.

Roontek
Sep 13, 2010, 02:05 PM
Can a psp2000 do a digital download of this game, or is that only for PSPgo?

Any PSP can do digital downloads, they all can access the PSN store. Also Playstation Blog has it down for launch tomorrow: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/12/the-drop-week-of-september-13th-2010-new-releases/

r00tabaga
Sep 13, 2010, 02:52 PM
You might have to wait till PSN updates. Which I believe will be around midnight on the day of the release.

So in other words, you mean later tonite? I was told that PSN doesn't update their store until around 4pm EST on Tuesadays ...can anyone verify this?!?

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 03:29 PM
I always thought that they updated more frequently then that. I could be wrong.

reala728
Sep 13, 2010, 03:30 PM
So in other words, you mean later tonite? I was told that PSN doesn't update their store until around 4pm EST on Tuesadays ...can anyone verify this?!?

usually thats true. but its been known to take hours longer to update then it should.

was there any confirmation on the midnight release? it doesnt seem like something sony would do imo..

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 03:36 PM
Ive been scouring google for the last hour. I'm not finding anything about it.

reala728
Sep 13, 2010, 05:22 PM
damn i was hoping i was wrong ;n;

Pavichokche
Sep 13, 2010, 05:42 PM
I'd love to be able to download a "copy" of the game online tomorrow, a day before I get to pick up my copy. For some reason I doubt I'll be able to though...

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 05:52 PM
I wont be able to afford it till Friday >.<

reala728
Sep 13, 2010, 06:08 PM
I wont be able to afford it till Friday >.<
lol wow that really sucks.. you probably shouldnt come to the forums cause it'll just make the days longer listining to everyone talk about it ^^;

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 07:24 PM
But these forums are my only crutch D: without it i would go crazy trying to beat the last boss on Prinny..... That fugger is hard...

DoubleJG
Sep 13, 2010, 08:25 PM
To answer your question of when it will be available, the PSN store *usually* updates between 6AM - 12PM PST (noon) on Tuesday as far as he remembers. I just asked my boss, so it's coming straight from the source! (I work for SOE) :)

*Edit - Specified the timezone.

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 08:34 PM
T_T That's gonna make it feel like forever D:

Roontek
Sep 13, 2010, 08:57 PM
Thats a lot better then 4PM like most were stating it would be at...

DarkPhoton
Sep 13, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, but i still cant DL till friday D:

DoubleJG
Sep 13, 2010, 10:50 PM
Is the digital download of a game limited to five downloads or five downloads through different PSPs/PS3s?

pso_crash
Sep 13, 2010, 10:52 PM
Is the digital download of a game limited to five downloads or five downloads through different PSPs/PS3s?

It's up to 6 different systems.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2010, 10:52 PM

It can only be activated on 5 machines at a time. (Or is it 6?)
You can download it a billion times, but it will be deactivated on the others.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:00 PM
Well being a psp go user I have to get digital download, my people are getting it in on Thursday(Wednesday for northen countries, I'm a little in front on AEST.) through PC Media Go. Just hope I won't get a "You have reached such and such GB of Data" during the thick of downloading and have to start over using more data.

Saito_Forte
Sep 13, 2010, 11:58 PM
**** getting it on launch day, I'm getting it on launch second.

zeital
Sep 14, 2010, 12:05 AM
Well being a psp go user I have to get digital download, my people are getting it in on Thursday(Wednesday for northen countries, I'm a little in front on AEST.) through PC Media Go. Just hope I won't get a "You have reached such and such GB of Data" during the thick of downloading and have to start over using more data.

lol other auzzie wouldn't ya know, i'm getting mine on the US PSN, can't be botrthed waiting for australian release on thursday

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 12:06 AM
btw guys i dont know if this is a generally known thing but i just tested it for myself. downloading the game through PSN on your PS3 and transferring it to your PSP is wayyy faster than just downloading direct to PSP. i downloaded the same demo on PSP and then on PS3 and PS3 was more than 10x faster... so for launch day this is a key thing to do

kawaiitora
Sep 14, 2010, 12:13 AM
btw guys i dont know if this is a generally known thing but i just tested it for myself. downloading the game through PSN on your PS3 and transferring it to your PSP is wayyy faster than just downloading direct to PSP. i downloaded the same demo on PSP and then on PS3 and PS3 was more than 10x faster... so for launch day this is a key thing to do

Using Media GO like sane people without a PS3 also works.

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 12:16 AM
what is media go is that for PSP go only? i have a good PSP, u know a 3000

kawaiitora
Sep 14, 2010, 12:38 AM
what is media go is that for PSP go only? i have a good PSP, u know a 3000

No, its PC software for all PSPs that have a USB cable O_o
It's the only way to access the Playstation Store via a computer.

For that matter, wouldn't it have been easier to just Google it rather than try to insult someone?

http://us.playstation.com/psn/mediago/

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/mediago/default_enu.asp?page=download

Why the hell would they make a PC software for PSPs only for the Go? ...

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 12:44 AM
well it sounded like you were insulting me so thats why i posted like that. thx for the links

kawaiitora
Sep 14, 2010, 12:51 AM
well it sounded like you were insulting me so thats why i posted like that. thx for the links

I was insulting crazy people who use their PSP to download the games :D

Para
Sep 14, 2010, 12:52 AM
Hopefully someone will post the moment when it is up on PSN.

kawaiitora
Sep 14, 2010, 12:55 AM
Hopefully someone will post the moment when it is up on PSN.

I'm totally gonna be asleep when that happens c.c <.< I... hope anyway. >< I dun wanna wait longer than I have to. XD waking up and its out just sounds much nicer.

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 01:01 AM
well the earliest it will be out is 9am EST so im planning on staying up till like 4-5am like usual. by the time i wake up at like 2ish it SHOULD be rdy to download

Infinite Eternity
Sep 14, 2010, 04:50 AM
Hopefully someone will post the moment when it is up on PSN.I'll try to.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 14, 2010, 04:55 AM
Well getting the US version with my Entropay account will save me waiting, and I will no have to change save data(But then again, I could get someone else to change it for me.). The problem will be switching from me US PSN to my AUS one to use different account content on me psp go, + I want all to know my AUS PSN ID, not the US one.

AnamanaAU
Sep 14, 2010, 05:04 AM
lol other auzzie wouldn't ya know, i'm getting mine on the US PSN, can't be botrthed waiting for australian release on thursday

That's even if it comes out on AU PSN. I'm very skeptical. Anyway, I'm in the same boat.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 14, 2010, 05:09 AM
Don't say that, it is coming to the south. IT IS!!

AnamanaAU
Sep 14, 2010, 05:11 AM
PALGN has it listed as 15/10/10, EB doesn't have it in their system and we didn't get the demo. I'm not holding my breath. When PSO Ep 1 & 2 came out, SA only got one copy sent to each store selling it, with no backordering.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 14, 2010, 05:15 AM
Well its true that we didn't get the demo over here, we didn't even get a demo of the 1st game. Trying to check the US PSN on me pc through Media Go, got a buggy connection atm.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 14, 2010, 05:19 AM
Ok just checked, no psp2 in the pss right now.

Magician
Sep 14, 2010, 07:23 AM
Thats a lot better then 4PM like most were stating it would be at...

It varies. For me, the earliest I've seen PSN updated on Tuesday is 4pm CST, the latest...8pm.

DarkShadowX
Sep 14, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'll pick this game up when its out on PSN. I doubt I'll get a UMD for it, but then I may not be able to afford the game anytime soon, but all that'll really do is prevent me from using Internet Mode until I do. Offline and Ad-hoc is still within my reach until then.

Vickie
Sep 14, 2010, 11:51 AM
I'll pick this game up when its out on PSN. I doubt I'll get a UMD for it, but then I may not be able to afford the game anytime soon, but all that'll really do is prevent me from using Internet Mode until I do. Offline and Ad-hoc is still within my reach until then.

HAX!!!!!!!

Fuyuno Hachikuji
Sep 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
It varies. For me, the earliest I've seen PSN updated on Tuesday is 4pm CST, the latest...8pm.

I Wish The Playstation Store Would Just Update Already. I Wanna Play ^-^ Like Now Pwease.

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 01:10 PM
Will PSP2 fit on a 2g Memory Stick? I might download the game just to get it quicker. Amazon won't be sending out my copy until Sept. 20th and I won't get it until Oct 1st. I should just go to a store and buy it.

I can't wait much longer. Soo bored...

Magician
Sep 14, 2010, 01:14 PM
Will PSP2 fit on a 2g Memory Stick? I might download the game just to get it quicker. Amazon won't be sending out my copy until Sept. 20th and I won't get it until Oct 1st. I should just go to a store and buy it.

I can't wait much longer. Soo bored...

I haven't seen UMD games larger than 1.6GB, a 2GB memory stick should suffice.

That is, until the expansion arrives.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 01:42 PM
Argh is it up on PSN yet?!

Urya
Sep 14, 2010, 01:51 PM
I'm with you, OriginalB. =( Been F5'ing the PlayStation Blog for hours now.

Magician
Sep 14, 2010, 01:54 PM
No less than two more hours of waiting to go here.

And that's if it's released at 4pm (which I doubt).

Waiting is always the hardest part.

CocoaTan
Sep 14, 2010, 01:56 PM
I have the Playstation Twitter feed sending me text messages with each update now. The wait is the worst part, but I have class at 4PM, so I hope it'll be released by the time I'm done with class.

Tsukimori
Sep 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
The waiting kills me. I couldn't even concentrate at school thinking about this game. -___-

Witchblade56
Sep 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
PSN is currently undergoing maintenance! This is at 12:21 pm pst! Soon people soon :D

Infinite Eternity
Sep 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
It varies around the country it seems. They update it in "waves".

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 02:24 PM
Even so it's a 1 gig + download, I can't imagine it will be quick on the PSP.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:26 PM
Post when its available please. I hate waiting.

Witchblade56
Sep 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
Bah just got in to the psn and the game isn't up for download yet arrrrrgggghhhhhhh. Double JG can you stick your boss with a cattle prod and get him togethis online faster lol? Siiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhh!

Infinite Eternity
Sep 14, 2010, 02:38 PM
If it isn't up in 22 minutes I don't think we can expect it for another 3 hours...

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
>.>'
Only bad thing about PSP Go.

DoubleJG
Sep 14, 2010, 02:41 PM
Bah just got in to the psn and the game isn't up for download yet arrrrrgggghhhhhhh. Double JG can you stick your boss with a cattle prod and get him togethis online faster lol? Siiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhh!

Today's one of my two days off, otherwise I'd be asking him as soon as I got in ^^;
I kind of wish that I did work today, since their wifi would make the download go by super fast compared to my DSL quality wifi...

I won't be playing this game until the evening regardless of when it launches thanks to the download time I'll be hit with :(

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
I haven't seen UMD games larger than 1.6GB, a 2GB memory stick should suffice.

That is, until the expansion arrives.

This might work. My dad has a 2GB stick I can borrow until I get my 8Gb stick.

So I might download the virtual version.

I'll need to know the exact size first... and then get the PSN network to work for me.

When it is up, please tell us the size of it. :)

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
Even so it's a 1 gig + download, I can't imagine it will be quick on the PSP.

thats why you use PS3 or your PC to download and transfer it

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 02:45 PM
really? media go is surprisingly quick imo. downloading from the hardware is a totally different story though if thats what your doing

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 02:45 PM
This might work. My dad has a 2GB stick I can borrow until I get my 8Gb stick.

So I might download the virtual version.

I'll need to know the exact size first... and then get the PSN network to work for me.

When it is up, please tell us the size of it. :)

it is 1.3 gb i believe

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 02:46 PM
How can I download it to my PC? I can't even find the PSN store on my computer. I know I've seen it before on PC but it's like they're hiding it so you're forced to use a PSP or PS3.

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 02:48 PM
How can I download it to my PC? I can't even find the PSN store on my computer. I know I've seen it before on PC but it's like they're hiding it so you're forced to use a PSP or PS3.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/mediago/default_enu.asp?page=download
this is a life saver. you'll spend a LOT more time downloading to from the psp or ps3

Eclipsed57

damn he beat me, lol

Para
You need a program called Media Go to access the Playstation Store from your computer. Imo, Media Go tends to be very picky on case sensitivity so when you log in, try to make sure every letter is matched by case as well.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:49 PM
it is 1.3 gb i believe
1.3 gigs?!? wow thats the biggest game ive seen on psp

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 02:50 PM
1.3 isn't that big there are several games that are bigger.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:54 PM
1.3 isn't that big there are several games that are bigger.
Yeah. I just saw that GTA: Vice city stories is 1.6 gigs, but I only have one or two games that are over a gig.

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
1.3 gb? I can live with that... on a 2Gb stick. I don't play that many PSP games anyway.

So I'm going to download Media Go, so that when I get the 8gb stick I ordered, I can transfer it over from 1 stick to another...

and I'll just download the game when its time... is that how this works?

Man, I'm so a Nintendo guy. This Sony stuff has me confuddled. LOL

DoubleJG
Sep 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
I have exactly 1.3 gigs available on my current stick, :lol:

I'll need to upgrade my stick size for when Infinity launches in JP.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 03:02 PM
I have exactly 1.3 gigs available on my current stick, :lol:

I'll need to upgrade my stick size for when Infinity launches in JP.
That was extremely funny. Anyways yeah they have a 8 in stick... I mean 8 GB stick that is a micro with an adapter so it can go in PSP or PSP Go.

OmegaVelocity
Sep 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/phantasy-star-portable-2-psp.html

Uh... this says it's not coming out on the Go? And PSP2 wasn't mentioned at all on the update Sony just posted on their Twitter listing today's new PSP games...

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/phantasy-star-portable-2-psp.html

Uh... this says it's not coming out on the Go? And PSP2 wasn't mentioned at all on the update Sony just posted on their Twitter listing today's new PSP games...
That is incorrect. I has to be...

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 03:12 PM
its been confirmed a bunch of times during interviews that it will come to psn

OmegaVelocity
Sep 14, 2010, 03:15 PM
But they never discounted the possibility of having a LittleBigPlanet-esque situation where the digital version comes out days or weeks after the UMD version.

CLARK
Yeah don't make people worry. SEGA has confirmed the digital copy.

Eclipsed57
well fuck this im going to gamestop right now they have them in stock i cant wait anymore

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 03:16 PM
yeah that might be the case.. but we wont know till the freakin update which is taking forever ;n;

DoubleJG
Sep 14, 2010, 03:16 PM
That was extremely funny.

It wasn't mean to be, but I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it to help hold you over until the game launches.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 03:17 PM
I have class at 5pm (cst), so it should be up by the time i get back. If not... I'll just have to start drop-kicking people.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 03:25 PM
well fuck this im going to gamestop right now they have them in stock i cant wait anymore

I lol'd

Zarode
Sep 14, 2010, 03:32 PM
I like how Sony updates at the worst times. I'm guessing they do updates whenever it is early morning in Japan. It makes more sense that way, I'm sure...

Kyo daikun
Sep 14, 2010, 03:34 PM
I like how Sony updates at the worst times. I'm guessing they do updates whenever it is early morning in Japan. It makes more sense that way, I'm sure...

In europe its done at midday when everyone is at work, helps so the server doesn't get overloaded.

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 03:34 PM
no the regions are completely different. if you've ever been on the jp psn its got a bunch more stuff

sony america just likes to troll us

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 03:40 PM
Honestly i'll be expecting PSN to update at 6-6:30pm :-/ Last time I waited on an update that's when it happened. it was a Ps3 update tho.

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 03:44 PM
The update was very late when I was waiting on VC2, so.... I don't know where I was going with that. Anyway... guess we waited this long. A few more hours wont hurt. Not physically at least.

Tulio07
Sep 14, 2010, 03:48 PM
not up yet, but that gives me motivation to go for a run. You know, stay healthy.

...and then play psp2 till my eyes bleed and then play some more.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 03:49 PM
The update was very late when I was waiting on VC2, so.... I don't know where I was going with that.

hahahahaha

Yea I know it won't physically hurt. I'd have liked to get it before I go out in a few hours but that's highly unlikely.

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 14, 2010, 03:52 PM
although i convince myself that i´ll get the umd version..,.i just buy a 50 $US psn card and a 4 giga stick to get the dlc game....i hate myself

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 03:52 PM
not up yet, but that gives me motivation to go for a run. You know, stay healthy.

...and then play psp2 till my eyes bleed and then play some more.
i worked out ALOT yesterday, because i knew the torture im about to put my body through by sitting on mah butt playing this several hours

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
just got back from gamestop with PSP2!!!

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
Still waiting for....DLC.... must...Keep strong... Inner monolog taking over..Must keep sanity!

Vicious8282
Sep 14, 2010, 04:35 PM
I can't wait for this game! I haven't played Phantasy Star since episode 1&2 on GC! awesome times. Can't wait to make new memories!!

Sio
Sep 14, 2010, 04:36 PM
I would have had the UMD today probably if I didn't live where I am today, Canada Ontario. Im not sure if its all gamestops/ebgames but the ones near me all say its comming out tomorrow which usually means Friday cause shipments only come on Tuesdays and Thursday nights to be sold on Fridays usually.

*sigh* So after reading this topic I decided to cancel my preorder on the UMD and simply wait for the DL version. Now watch the DL version be delayed till mmm about Friday the day I was trying to avoid waiting for -_-.

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 14, 2010, 04:38 PM
i can tear my eyes out now but i better fry them playing psp2 for loooooong hours....i´m more nervous within the minutes to get the DLC.....

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 04:43 PM
and here i was all worried about my finger pricks messing me up while playing.. (going to school for medical, volunteered for lab) with all the time i've been waiting their completely healed. awesome.

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 05:06 PM
I would have had the UMD today probably if I didn't live where I am today, Canada Ontario. Im not sure if its all gamestops/ebgames but the ones near me all say its comming out tomorrow which usually means Friday cause shipments only come on Tuesdays and Thursday nights to be sold on Fridays usually.

*sigh* So after reading this topic I decided to cancel my preorder on the UMD and simply wait for the DL version. Now watch the DL version be delayed till mmm about Friday the day I was trying to avoid waiting for -_-.

This better not happen. I did the same and I just went through a whole big ordeal, trying to tie my debit/credit card to my PSN account, it didn't work because Sony sucks and I ended up creating a brand new account just to have a second shot at it. I won't even attempt to add my debit card until the game appears on the PSN.

And even if it does, I am not sure if I'll be able to purchase the download because Sony and its Customer sucks Gil Sharks.

reala728
Sep 14, 2010, 05:12 PM
ive had problems with my card before too. the thing is there really strict about the billing address. the card i used was one i got at my house when i lived with my parents and since i had moved a few times i tried a bunch of different addresses till it worked. maybe try that?

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
ive had problems with my card before too. the thing is there really strict about the billing address. the card i used was one i got at my house when i lived with my parents and since i had moved a few times i tried a bunch of different addresses till it worked. maybe try that?

I got locked out of my old account, so I created a new one. I don't feel like waiting 7 days. -_-

I'm just going to make sure to do it by the dot when my banking site comes up from maintenance. I pray it works. -_-

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 05:39 PM
Arghhhhhhhhhhh Ok so I had 3 dollars and some change in my PSN account. I go to add funds and its in 5, 10, 25, 50 increments. So I add 25, thinking i'll just add 10 and 5 afterwards so i have just enough. if not i could add 5 more later. I add the first 25, go to add the next 10 and it says my credit card info isn't valid. i try a lot more times by re-entering and such.. nothing.

I add my debit card that i've used before. same error.

If I get screwed out of getting this tonite (i heard theres a 48 hr wait period if your account gets locked up) I'll be furious >=(

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 05:48 PM
Are you maybe over drawn? you might wanna call your bank.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
Thought of that, I definately didn't overdraw I'm several hundred dollars under my limit (I'm a college student so my limit is still low). But even then I tried my debit, nothing. Just talked to PSN support and they said to try again in 24 hrs since it locked me out after 3 tries =(

Vicious8282
Sep 14, 2010, 06:11 PM
PSP2 is on PSN for me! starting the download now..

Tulio07
Sep 14, 2010, 06:16 PM
got it. Downloading now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken_Silver
Sep 14, 2010, 06:16 PM
Get to the Downloader! Do it NOW!

Tizerak
Sep 14, 2010, 06:26 PM
*quickly turns on PS3 to DL*

Zetokun
Sep 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
^^ can't wait to play DL now

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 06:54 PM
Just got back from class to find the BEST portable game ever available for download!
Oh and it's only 941 MB (not the previously stated 1.3 GB).
Downloading...

DoubleJG
Sep 14, 2010, 09:15 PM
@#!$%#%$#^%*(%*(#%*$#(%*)!$(!)$(#@!)$(%)$#@({)%($! %#058342

My laptop decide to randomly restart itself when I only had 30 minutes left after a 2hr30minute download time. ARGH!!

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 20, 2010, 04:35 AM
Funny this topic being call "Digital Download on Launch Day", on my countries launch day, the 16th, it wasn't there. Now its the 20th and its still not there, good one Sony.

MegaRocker1987
Sep 20, 2010, 06:23 AM
Gm's please close this topic ty it's no longer necessary to have it here ty.