PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSP2 Fan Art Winners - In-game

RubyEclipse
Sep 13, 2010, 06:08 PM
A little shout out today to everyone who submitted an entry for our PSP2 Fan Art competition! Since the game is coming out tomorrow, here's a little sneak peek at the items themselves - in the full version. :)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/4987761271_5bdfbcec4b_z.jpg

Ambrai
Sep 13, 2010, 06:14 PM
Very nice, always a pleasure to see the community have the ability to contribute in some way to the games they love.

kongajinken
Sep 13, 2010, 06:14 PM
Those look pretty good in-game.

FOkyasuta
Sep 13, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hell Yeah. RAPPY AND PS FTW.

VorpalLord
Sep 13, 2010, 06:20 PM
Gib Vision phone codes. =]
Also both look really good in-game.

Alexandria
Sep 13, 2010, 06:22 PM
oh wow, real in game items? That's awesome!

Argroh Valdios
Sep 13, 2010, 06:50 PM
I wants the Alis one.

Mike
Sep 13, 2010, 06:59 PM
Those both look pretty nice in game.

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 13, 2010, 07:06 PM
they look great on the game!!!!...thanks for the preview RubyEclipse!!!!!!

xBladeM6x
Sep 13, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm surprised about how those look honestly. They look every bit as good in the game as they did when posted on the art contest page. Impressive!

BWS-1
Sep 13, 2010, 07:13 PM
O man, good stuff! Darn, the more I keep reading about PSP2 - even if I'm tempted to wait for Infinity - the more I just want to go out and get me a PSP and PSP2 tomorrow and START ANEW ONCE AGAIN!

Titan200
Sep 13, 2010, 07:27 PM
Cant wait to get them ^_^

D-Gold
Sep 13, 2010, 07:30 PM
they both look awesome in game. w
Way better than seeing underage girls in bikinis. lol

MYNISTA
Sep 13, 2010, 07:34 PM
Freshness!

kongajinken
Sep 13, 2010, 08:05 PM
they both look awesome in game. w
Way better than seeing underage girls in bikinis. lol

Your post has made 9 loli's cry.

FOkyasuta
Sep 13, 2010, 08:07 PM
Your post has made 9 loli's cry.

Owch.

NAM
Sep 13, 2010, 08:08 PM
That president Rappy is too CUTE!! (>*3*)>

The photos are so clear! The Rappy one is so creative, I like how they're familiar with American customs or is that fan art from U.S. side?

pso_crash
Sep 13, 2010, 08:29 PM
They look great! Thanks for sharing.

I really like Alis poster.

vfloresjr24
Sep 13, 2010, 08:54 PM
I need those in my room now!!!!!! *Jumps through window*

RubyEclipse
Sep 13, 2010, 10:23 PM
For those curious, we will be giving out the in-game codes for these very soon. :)

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2010, 10:26 PM
For those curious, we will be giving out the in-game codes for these very soon. :)

Yes, please do!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Sep 13, 2010, 10:27 PM

Hey Ruby, I guess you'd be the guy to ask for this (I think I asked you when we were playing together on SEED Express a couple months ago), but exactly which promotional codes/items are coming over to the US version? I know you said before that some of them were being contested, but any of them pull though the localization process?

RubyEclipse
Sep 13, 2010, 10:32 PM
Hey Ruby, I guess you'd be the guy to ask for this (I think I asked you when we were playing together on SEED Express a couple months ago), but exactly which promotional codes/items are coming over to the US version? I know you said before that some of them were being contested, but any of them pull though the localization process?

A lot made it through - I'm actually really amazed at how few got cut. Siliconera is going to be covering a number of these in a news article very soon. :)

DoubleJG
Sep 13, 2010, 10:34 PM
That president Rappy is too CUTE!! (>*3*)>

The photos are so clear! The Rappy one is so creative, I like how they're familiar with American customs or is that fan art from U.S. side?

These were the 1st and 2nd place entries for the U.S. fan-art contest held some months back.

Koiwai_Keiji
Sep 13, 2010, 10:47 PM
A lot made it through - I'm actually really amazed at how few got cut. Siliconera is going to be covering a number of these in a news article very soon. :)

Sweet! I look forward to reading about it on siliconera, thanks for the heads up and great job on showing off the in game contest winners, I'm sure its exciting for anyone to have their art featured in game.

DreXxiN
Sep 13, 2010, 11:55 PM
Very sick, thanks Ruby. Will be looking forward to this.

kongajinken
Sep 14, 2010, 12:00 AM
That's good that not much got cut between the JP->US copy right mumbo jumbo.

RubyEclipse
Sep 14, 2010, 04:49 AM
Siliconera article is live. :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/13/equip-a-deadly-pizza-slicer-and-a-delicious-pizza-shield-in-phantasy-star-portable-2/

Kyo daikun
Sep 14, 2010, 09:10 AM
No mention of Toro and Kuro.... :-(

RubyEclipse
Sep 14, 2010, 02:08 PM
No mention of Toro and Kuro.... :-(

I don't think they made it in, but I'll go through my big list and check. Anything that is really heavily licensed - like Toro and Kuro - is often impossible to bring over because of the way the agreements were created and signed.

The Pizza Hut items, which became Pizza shack items, are a different story because we can re-brand them. But characters are very clear IP, which sometimes makes it impossible to bring them over.

Ethateral
Sep 14, 2010, 02:17 PM
I really enjoyed the Toro and Kuro mission and having them as NPCs. Sadface.

Instead, can we get Ruby and Edward NPCs in place? :3

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:27 PM
They did a great job. I anticipate DLC NPCs... Ugwa anyone?

Kyo daikun
Sep 14, 2010, 02:33 PM
Aww they were the one thing I really wanted in the game, guess I will be getting Infinity when its out.

Ethateral
Sep 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
Aww they were the one thing I really wanted in the game, guess I will be getting Infinity when its out.

That is a make or break for you? I had them in the JP version, but it's not the only cool thing. Oh well. =/

Kyo daikun
Sep 14, 2010, 03:00 PM
Not make or break, just pushes me to want to get a japanese version of the game as well.

Don't understand how sega can't get an agreement extended to 2 extra release's internationally, is it really that hard? If it is why bother trying to do this stuff in the first place...

Just a shame as I feel they were pretty much the biggest colaboration in the game and then find out 2 hours before I download it that they are not actually in the game.

Ethateral
Sep 14, 2010, 03:17 PM
Not make or break, just pushes me to want to get a japanese version of the game as well.

Don't understand how sega can't get an agreement extended to 2 extra release's internationally, is it really that hard? If it is why bother trying to do this stuff in the first place...

Just a shame as I feel they were pretty much the biggest colaboration in the game and then find out 2 hours before I download it that they are not actually in the game.

(It's been known for a while that they weren't going to be in the US version)

I believe they're a mascot for Playstation in JP are they not? Something like that. Which makes it hard to carry over to the west.

Kyo daikun
Sep 14, 2010, 03:29 PM
(It's been known for a while that they weren't going to be in the US version)

I believe they're a mascot for Playstation in JP are they not? Something like that. Which makes it hard to carry over to the west.

The data that was ripped from the demo showed their partner cards in the list (down as white cat and black cat) so there was still hope they would be included.

Yes they are japanese mascots but are very popular outside of japan, so much so that with Little big planet Media molecule released the Toro outfit outside of japan as a lot of people asked for it, the mission to unlock them looked quite fun as well so its another reason I am dissapointed about it.

chibiLegolas
Sep 15, 2010, 02:16 PM
Awesome! Thanks RubyEclipse for the teaser.
I want that rappy poster in game AND IRL!
Pretty darn cool that fans can contribute to the game in a way.