PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 You just got the full game, what will you do first?

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi mates, just though I'd try something here. Now like me a lot of you are ever so anxious to get the full version of this game(Not including those who have the JP version.), but lets say you's do have it. Right now shining in your hot little hands(Or screens if you downloaded it.), you think to yourselves what do you want to do first? Anything, anything at all in the full version, which is the first thing that comes to mind?

Well nothing for me yet cause...

A. I no have the router I need to play online through wi-fi
B. I canno get the full game till Thursday, being an Australian living in Australia
C. Trying to convert NTSC save game to PAL Region rather than start over.

Lets say for arguments sake if I have all 3 issues tackled, I would jump straight onto online mode and get back to basics, or for some quiet time, level through the story mode. How about you's?

BIG OLAF
Sep 13, 2010, 11:19 PM
My friend and I are going to do some power-leveling together on ad-hoc mode for the first few hours, then once he goes back to his house, I'll start Story Mode.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2010, 11:21 PM
I'd do the story first... lol.
By the way, I'm pissed that one of my friends already has a copy!
He went to Gamestop and picked it up.
I had him grab me a $50 PSN card though, for tomorrow when it comes out on the PSN.

My friend and I are going to do some power-leveling together on ad-hoc mode for the first few hours, then once he goes back to his house, I'll start Story Mode.

Dude, we gotta play together!

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:22 PM
Aww sorry Vol, that must be really painful for you.

Ken_Silver
Sep 13, 2010, 11:24 PM
Darn you people who have it or will have it soon.

I have to wait for Amazon.com delivery. -_-

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
Oooh, thats much worse. Bet you're kicking yourself now.

D-Gold
Sep 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
I am going to go and play story mode then around 11:00pm central time I am going to hop online to see if my friend I met in the demo is on.

Jorry
Sep 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
I'm going through story mode then mix it up with ad-hoc with my friend the next day.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
Its sucks the online portion of the demo ended, I never had a chance to get on. Mainly because I no had the tools I needed.

Volcompat321
Sep 13, 2010, 11:33 PM
Aww sorry Vol, that must be really painful for you.

It's not that bad. I'll have it by the time I get off work tomorrow.

Saito_Forte
Sep 13, 2010, 11:35 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9489/willitblend.jpg

ZeroXRaven
Sep 13, 2010, 11:36 PM
Well Honestly i'm probally going to be playing Halo Reach "First" as it's a shooter and even though I will be spending a ton of time on it I will put most of my gaming hours into Phantasy Star Portable 2 in the mornings and at nights....On topic, i'll defintley beat alteast half the story first before I do online

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:38 PM
Sounds like fun, a little warm up in Story before the big show Online. Practice is all good.

BIG OLAF
Sep 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
By the way, I'm pissed that one of my friends already has a copy! He went to Gamestop and picked it up.

Does your friend live around us? If so, which Gamestop did he go to?

ZeroXRaven
Sep 13, 2010, 11:42 PM
Sounds like fun, a little warm up in Story before the big show Online. Practice is all good.

Well I don't need practice per say, I just want a head start before I jump online....Like Halo Reach and PS0 all game modes are linked so anything you do attributes to your character which is how EVERY game should be lol

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 13, 2010, 11:44 PM
Maybe I should've typed "Warmup" instead of "Practice", oh well. They're basically the same thing.

ZeroXRaven
Sep 13, 2010, 11:47 PM
Maybe I should've typed "Warmup" instead of "Practice", oh well. They're basically the same thing.

Well the 30 hours in the demo where a warm-up...I'm ready for the full course meal haha

Ethateral
Sep 13, 2010, 11:50 PM
I'm still waiting on the PSN to update, lol. </3

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2010, 12:01 AM
Does your friend live around us? If so, which Gamestop did he go to?

Yup, he went to the Gamestop in front of Walmart on Wickham Rd.

They're closed now though, I guess they were only open for an hour.

Dude said there weren't even that many people, which surprises me a bit. (Mostly for Halo...)

I'm still waiting on the PSN to update, lol. </3

You should totally let me download it when you get it! :P
Jkjk, I can wait a little while longer, til after work in the afternoon.

I couldn't play it yet anyway, I need to un-hack my PSP.

ashley50
Sep 14, 2010, 12:03 AM
Put it up on ebay as soon as I get home.

BIG OLAF
Sep 14, 2010, 12:03 AM
Yup, he went to the Gamestop in front of Walmart on Wickham Rd.

Did he say anything else about them having any more copies? I just want me and my friend's hunt tomorrow to be as painless as possible ^^;.

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2010, 12:05 AM
Put it up on ebay as soon as I get home.

You're gonna sell it? :o

Did he say anything else about them having any more copies? I just want me and my friend's hunt tomorrow to be as painless as possible ^^;.

I didn't ask specifically about that, but I'm sure they do have enough, because he said there was only like 30 people, and they were there for Halo.

BIG OLAF
Sep 14, 2010, 12:11 AM
I didn't ask specifically about that, but I'm sure they do have enough, because he said there was only like 30 people, and they were there for Halo.

All right, thanks. This really helps out.

DoubleJG
Sep 14, 2010, 12:16 AM
I'll be balancing infrastructure mode with story mode pretty evenly, but I'll be on infrastructure mode tomorrow and Wednesday. almost entirely. I'll be saving story mode for my breaks at work.

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 12:19 AM
i def wanna make some progress into story mode to unlock good items in the shops and get rid of my 1 million little stones and photon things i been picking up in the demo

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2010, 12:21 AM
All right, thanks. This really helps out.

Good luck!
You picking up your copy tomorrow too?

BIG OLAF
Sep 14, 2010, 12:24 AM
Good luck!
You picking up your copy tomorrow too?

Hell yes. As soon as my friend gets out of his college class at around noon, we're on the hunt. We've already decided to try out the Gamestop at the mall first; I think they should have copies since the one on Wickham has them. If all else fails, we'll go up there, though.

Volcompat321
Sep 14, 2010, 12:26 AM
Yea, the game isn't very popular around here, shit, they even still have copies of PSU for the PS2 and 360! (STILL!)

I'm sure you'll get one the first store you go to! :D

If not, then damn, SEGA might have actually done good advertising it.

I have to work til about 8:30 tomorrow night, so I don't get to play it until then. :/

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 01:13 AM
I'll be going to story mode first maybe clear a few chapters and do some free missions. After that ill get on wifi and play online, rinse repeat.

GeoSword
Sep 14, 2010, 01:39 AM
"You just got the full game, what will you do first?"

Open the packaging and put the UMD in the PSP. I mean, you have to start somewhere right?

GantzDetainee
Sep 14, 2010, 02:58 AM
If I got my copy,I'll definitely finish the story first and see how it ends.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 14, 2010, 03:16 AM
I'll probably finish the story first, at least. And try and play catch up with my friends on the mainland.

Izuna
Sep 14, 2010, 03:18 AM
Play as Ranger to LV2;
Complete Story Mode;
Complete Hard Story Mode;
Hunt for Spread Needle, Stun Double Saber;

... *sigh* EX Trap the Planets.

DreXxiN
Sep 14, 2010, 03:20 AM
Can't wait to run into some old friends again... ;)

Gemel
Sep 14, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'mma finish Story Mode first to unlock some of the clothes and then probably go mess around online.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 14, 2010, 04:48 AM
Just checked the main page stating that psp2 is open for business in the US, I'm still waiting. Soon this section will be flooded with threads.

Koiwai_Keiji
Sep 14, 2010, 01:32 PM
Play through story mode, then if my friends pick up their copies, play through all of cmode. I just picked it up right now, has anyone noticed that in the back, the middle screenshot is just the game jacket template? I wonder if anyone else got this misprint too.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/sheepfire54/CIMG1136.jpg

Fuyuno Hachikuji
Sep 14, 2010, 01:42 PM
¤Wait 4 The Download 2 Appear In The Playstation Store¤
¤Download The Game¤
¤Import My Demo Character¤
¤Install Data¤
¤Spend My 2.5 Mil On New Clothes, Weapons, etc¤
¤Clear Story Mode¤
¤Replay Story Mode on Hard¤
¤Then Mess Around Online¤

Ravenbryt
Sep 14, 2010, 01:47 PM
Well If it's anything like the first, then I'm gonna do free missions to get more powerful...then beat the story. Then, I'm gonna go get a tattoo like they have on their arms and die a happy man. XP Shout out to my fellow Nano-blasters

Izuna
Sep 14, 2010, 01:49 PM
Well If it's anything like the first, then I'm gonna do free missions to get more powerful...then beat the story. Then, I'm gonna go get a tattoo like they have on their arms and die a happy man. XP Shout out to my fellow Nano-blasters

You better not kill me with your Nanopoo.

Akaimizu
Sep 14, 2010, 01:59 PM
I usually am a story person. The reason why? Because I want to unlock all the standard options as fast as I can.

(Yeah, I really normally care less about story in Dungeon Hackers, but this one has parts that are a bit intriguing in that whole, (how this affects the Phantasy Star Universe) thing.)

I do care about the store unlocks and such. And some items are typically stocked based on your progression through story mode.

I'll also likely do multiplayer with friends I already know are getting this game in the evenings.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 02:01 PM
Well I don't have it yet but when I do I'll probably rush through the story just to get everything/anything from it. Afterwards just play online and do whatever.

Ethateral
Sep 14, 2010, 02:03 PM
I just went into my Gamestop today. They have it surprisingly! However, I'm waiting for my DD version. >:l I'm so impatient. I went a freaking reserved Sonic COLORS while I was there.

The first thing I will be doing is Story mode for certain. The story already had me interested from the JP version. Since I can't read moonspeak, this is an amazing breathe of fresh air.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 02:06 PM
On that note, how long is the story mode?

Pavichokche
Sep 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
I'll do what anyone would...play the damn thing xD
Import my DEMO save and keep going through the story with my two characters, I may make another one at some point too...

CLARK
Sep 14, 2010, 02:24 PM
Story mode. MUUT DITTS POUMN
Ugwa!