PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Save files safe during online play?

Imatron_
Sep 14, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hey everybody, I know a few of you are nervous like me about playing online, seeing as a game shark or action replay someone else is using can really do a number on our legitimate save files (Anybody who knows what being "Nolled" is knows what I mean). How secure is the network against this kind of problem, and are the save files copy protected, like certain previous versions of the game, or can we make backup copies of our save files in case of a file corruption or having your level 200 cast masterforce turned into a a level 5 girl newman?

Im waiting for my ride to the mall to pick up my copy later today.

ashley50
Sep 14, 2010, 11:16 AM
make a back-up of your save file and place it where you feel it's 'safe' for you. And if the file on your PSP DOES get corrupted, just use that and it'll work.

T_Esquire
Sep 14, 2010, 11:22 AM
While I doubt we'll ever have cheating get THAT bad anymore, it doesn't hurt to back-up saves for other reasons (especially if you only have the one mem-stick). Just don't forget to synch it every so often.

r00tabaga
Sep 14, 2010, 11:31 AM
How can I back up my files with a PSPgo? I don't use a mem card!

Infinite Eternity
Sep 14, 2010, 11:34 AM
Computer.
Hook your go up to it and copy the file.

CocoaTan
Sep 14, 2010, 11:34 AM

You should be able to back it up to the computer using the USB cord.

ashley50
Sep 14, 2010, 11:35 AM

use a USB cable that fits into your PSPGo and connect it to your COMPUTER.

Akaimizu
Sep 14, 2010, 01:45 PM
You can back up your Save File, but people can't mess up your Save files like PSO. They have no way to access your data the same way. There also is no programmed auto-save function either, ala. PSO to exploit.

The player either manually does it, or gets a prompt for whether they want to (at the end of a mission). Automatic Remote client-side modifications (while running) is something I was actually surprised PSO allowed. But then again, they learned not to do that again.

OriginalB
Sep 14, 2010, 01:47 PM
I'm more worried about others editing their save files (IE hackers) playing online. that wouldn't be very fun.