PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 To those of you that own the UMD version... A question.

•Col•
Sep 14, 2010, 05:53 PM
How is the weapon switch lag I kept hearing about in the Japanese version? Does data install fix it?

GUARDIANDNL
Sep 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
not much...you will notice more when you play online...the lag is 3 or 4 seconds...
on any case, story mode is not having so much lag...almost a second or 2...

Eclipsed57
Sep 14, 2010, 05:58 PM
yeah i dont really notice any difference from the demo to UMD

•Col•
Sep 14, 2010, 06:29 PM
Uh.... Ok, getting different answers here, lol... D:

So which is it?

Zarode
Sep 14, 2010, 06:31 PM
It's as GUARDIANDNL said.

Kazeshindo
Sep 14, 2010, 06:44 PM
i didn't play the demo of PS:P2 but wep switching after installing the data seems to be about the same as it was in PS:P1

•Col•
Sep 14, 2010, 06:55 PM
i didn't play the demo of PS:P2 but wep switching after installing the data seems to be about the same as it was in PS:P1

Err... I didnt play PS:P1.... So.... Yeah........

DarkPhoton
Sep 14, 2010, 07:10 PM
Well since the lag is online, and to my knowledge no one can get online yet. I don't think you can get a straight answer till at least later tonight.

•Col•
Sep 14, 2010, 08:18 PM
Well since the lag is online, and to my knowledge no one can get online yet. I don't think you can get a straight answer till at least later tonight.

Well, I heard the lag was offline as well, which is why I asked.

Mike
Sep 14, 2010, 08:27 PM
When under attack or switching from traps to weapons or weapons to traps, I've noticed weapon switching lag, mostly in adhoc and infrastructure modes. This is different from the lag that happened in PSP1. Just for reference, the PSP1 lag was caused by the game loading models and textures from disc in to memory. This is not the case in PSP2, at least not when you have the data installed or the game downloaded from the PSN.

XenoNinjaX
Sep 14, 2010, 09:22 PM
i lagged in demo online, but not in adhoc party. it's annoying to join the party instead of hosting one myself because of lag. there are times when i want to increase the chain # with twingun and then switch to melee for finishing moves.