PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Looting online

Razigan
Sep 15, 2010, 11:09 AM
So, presuming that the servers are up (I'm at work and can't play for a good...5 hours or so) how does online looting work? Is it, for psp2, similar to ps0 where everyone gets copies of all the loot that drops, or is it a mad scramble, akin to the days of PSO (back on the DC) where stuff drops, and you just have to try to get there first?

Also, playing through the story mode, there are a ton of red boxes, which makes me happy. The only thing better than red boxes, are the noise they make when they drop :-P Did Sega increase the drop rate of red items or something?

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 11:10 AM
It's like PS0, take everything you see~!

The drop sound for 14/15* items is %$&^$%$ beautiful.

Razigan
Sep 15, 2010, 11:12 AM
:< man, I was afraid of that. Ah, well.

TierrenZX
Sep 15, 2010, 11:15 AM
I like it. Helps prevent player greed and not that crap that was being pulled on PSU where some party leaders would kick the other players out to gain the boxes for themselves. Even though they made changes for boss rooms eventually, it was still fairly annoying. The only issue now is that someone doesn't end up leaving the area before everybody picks up their drops.

SammaeltheDark
Sep 15, 2010, 11:39 AM
I think the system works fine in a game that doesn't really support trading.

Razigan
Sep 15, 2010, 11:48 AM
oh wait, I get it now. the loot is copied. For some reason I didn't understand Izuna's post... *headdesk* well, that's just dandy then :D

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
oh wait, I get it now. the loot is copied. For some reason I didn't understand Izuna's post... *headdesk* well, that's just dandy then :D

0 and O does looks very similar, I'll try to not make that mistake again. Anyway, you don't get the same drops; someone may get an Agito Repca, and you may get a Dimate.

TierrenZX
Sep 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
It's just basically everybody gets their own drops. What may look like meseta to you might be an item to someone else. When you start playing it online, you'll see people on occassion pick up items that you don't see or may be something different instead.

EDIT: Gah, Izuna beat me to it.

VorpalLord
Sep 15, 2010, 11:51 AM
The drops aren't copies. Every player in the party gets unique drops.

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 11:53 AM
Izuna = 1, (TierrenZX + VorpalLord) = 0

There are some end mission rewards that when obtained, everyone gets (but in different %s).

Razigan
Sep 15, 2010, 11:54 AM
The drops aren't copies. Every player in the party gets unique drops.

Ah, that's what I meant. Hang on, are the noises for 15 star boxes different? are they no longer the classic red boxes at higher levels?

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 11:56 AM
Ah, that's what I meant. Hang on, are the noises for 15 star boxes different? are they no longer the classic red boxes at higher levels?

Your PSP gets exited and makes a loud "PLI~PLI~PLING!" noise. You can drop your weapon in Story Mode to hear it over and over. ^^;

WHlTEKNIGHT
Sep 15, 2010, 12:13 PM
Ah, that's what I meant. Hang on, are the noises for 15 star boxes different? are they no longer the classic red boxes at higher levels?Rainbow boxes :)

Akaimizu
Sep 15, 2010, 12:27 PM
Oh man. Rainbow stuff. The holy grail of PSP2. It's exciting enough to see Rainbow boosted beasts and/or teleports.

Still. I'm really glad they stuck with this model. People can still see when another player gets a Rare drop. And it stops all the silly anger and rage-kicking of folks mad at someone picking up drops they don't want anybody picking up in a mission.

"Alright who picked up the #&*#& Kerselines! I'm mad!!" Pound pound pound. Simmer Simmer Simmer. Menu noise Menu noise Menu noise. Remove Player.

*sigh*. Some people have issues.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 15, 2010, 08:46 PM
Take what you see, eh? Bet the phantasy star ninja's are happy with psp2 using a pso loot system.

Mike
Sep 15, 2010, 09:20 PM
Take what you see, eh? Bet the phantasy star ninja's are happy with psp2 using a pso loot system.
You've misunderstood. Everyone gets their own drops. No ninjas, thieves, no crazy people stalking you waiting to grab your weapon and meseta when you die.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 15, 2010, 11:05 PM
No open mission pk'ing either I'll bet, I'd prefer to play fair and square over greed any day of the week. Right now so many bad psobb memories are flooding back, brain hurts like being hit by a deluge.

FOkyasuta
Sep 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
No Red Boxes? *Explodes*

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 15, 2010, 11:10 PM
(duck and cover) Jeez, what happened then?

FOkyasuta
Sep 15, 2010, 11:13 PM
Freaking Rainbow Boxes Is What Happened. -.-

Mike
Sep 15, 2010, 11:22 PM
No Red Boxes? *Explodes*
No one said there were no red boxes. High level (13/14/15 star) items come in shiney rainbow boxes.

FOkyasuta
Sep 15, 2010, 11:25 PM
No one said there were no red boxes. High level (13/14/15 star) items come in shiney rainbow boxes.
Same Thing >.<.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 15, 2010, 11:33 PM
In the demo I got a c or b rank or 2, they were red boxes. Scapes were too, said we can only have one, but that would be cause of the big changes in our combat system.

Eclipsed57
Sep 16, 2010, 12:10 AM
dont forget though you can send the scape from your inventory to your shared storage and then pick up the new one. i have like 40 scapes stockpiled