PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Thoughts so far?

Daveydave
Sep 15, 2010, 12:36 PM
As a euro player I won't get to play until Friday (if the game even comes out then, see the Europe.. thread for news on the PSN release delay)

I was wondering, what are everyone's impressions so far? Does the on-line play evoke feelings of Phantasy Star Online? Is the game frame rate ok on-line? Any other impressions?

Feed me hype ^_^

x

Akaimizu
Sep 15, 2010, 12:38 PM
Wish I could tell you more about online. I could give impressions of the Japanese one or the Demo, but you don't want that. The real servers didn't start to come up until my bedtime. I honestly only got to be in there a few minutes. There were only like 7 parties on, and I was one of them.

Roontek
Sep 15, 2010, 12:44 PM
Gameplay is excellent! Also if your a digital download kind of guy you will like it even more, I have had no lag switching weps in online mode. Online itself is awesome, very few lag issues that I noticed. And to answer your first question, yes it does instill that nostalgia of PSO.

barnacleez
Sep 15, 2010, 12:49 PM
Building up chains to fight enemies 20 levels higher than you feels so rewarding. Bosses on the higher ranks don't mess around either, I'm enjoying the challenge.

Xefi
Sep 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
bought the game yesterday on PSN store, $39.99. very fun so far. i only
gotten to chap.3 so far on the story mission. play a little multiplayer
with my little bro. with Ad-hoc. Multiplayer is definitely much more
fun and makes the pace a little faster. i notice a slight lag when playing
multiplayer vs. story mission (single player), but the lag is minor, so it
didn't bothers me much at all.

i have't gone further into the game yet, but i'm having quite a lot of
fun! going to play more and more when i get home from work.

Awesome game! 10/10 points! :pizza:

Akaimizu
Sep 15, 2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah. The way you can use the system, wisely, to overcome monsters decently levelled above you, is a rewarding part of PSP2.

The new way to quickly swap armor configs in the Palette, Blocking(perfect blocks and counters too), rolling, and the combo engine all work in tandem to allow skillful players, willing to learn the advanced techniques, to overcome odds not previously possible with said weapons. (especially if you work in good custom Extended Attribute setups)

Eclipsed57
Sep 15, 2010, 01:28 PM
well put it this way, ive had to change my boxers... multiple times

Akaimizu
Sep 15, 2010, 01:36 PM
Yikes! Really? Somebody must have slipped the effects of Ex-lax into PSP2!! Umm. I think I need to report a bug!! :) :) :)

Eclipsed57
Sep 15, 2010, 01:49 PM
no it was mainly frontal stains , i think due to chelsea popping up a lot

CLARK
Sep 15, 2010, 01:56 PM
Once again:
PSO = Best Game Ever
PSP2 = Closest Game to PSO

HUmar_Dean
Sep 15, 2010, 02:00 PM
Once again:
PSO = Best Game Ever

this, i think infinity will really step it up.

Seasqwaa
Sep 15, 2010, 02:22 PM
this, i think infinity will really step it up.

If they add voice to all text, I'm in.

Wait, how many times have I posted voice related desires again?
I hate myself for not enjoying this game because I'm annoyed on this one particular aspect. Voice > extras/DLC (Oh my! I am crazy!)

HUmar_Dean
Sep 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
voices are okay, not a big deal.
Game really misses lobbies to feel like pso, its even making me miss PSU which i didnt like that much.

Akaimizu
Sep 15, 2010, 02:49 PM
If we get Infinity. That will be covered, at least. :)

Taichi01
Sep 15, 2010, 03:04 PM
So far this game is leagues better than PSU and PSP 1. The lack of voices from PSP 1 to this is a little disappointing but not a big deal. The only thing that I have a problem with is the fact that there have been no assurances that we will get DLC this time.

AnamanaAU
Sep 15, 2010, 04:04 PM
If there was no online multiplayer, I'd still be pretty happy. All of the new features really add to the game well.

Seasqwaa
Sep 15, 2010, 04:24 PM
voices are okay, not a big deal.

See, maybe for you they're not, but for me?
I'm going to cry myself to sleep again tonight! *cry*
It's funny too. I don't even know why I wanted voice so badly.

Anticipation is a funny thing.

AndyPandy
Sep 15, 2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah its awesome, closest thing to the original PSO in terms of gameplay, superb!. It amazes me how good this is on the PSP, the music, the graphics and the load times are fantastic.

Khabarakh
Sep 15, 2010, 07:53 PM
Well i'm impressed more or less. the frame rate is good but it lags on load alot. I've played online maybe 5 hours so far. the HARDEST thing is getting online and staying there - theres a ton of network errors. Other than that, every thing is pretty good!

Koiwai_Keiji
Sep 15, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'm enjoying the story mode, there were some things I had a vague idea about in japanese, but can now get clarity on. One of them, is that Kraz is so much more slovenly/jerky than I initially thought, its kinda funny.

Magician
Sep 15, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'm as happy as a pig in filth. The story mode is more enjoyable than PSU's and the online portion is holding up well. It's the mashup of PSZ and PSU that I've been waiting for. There's little doubt that I'll be spending far too much of my free time playing this.

Noblewine
Sep 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
I haven't really ran the story mission much but I love the revamped psu music.
Battle mode is laggy at time but I love it. Its a nice addition to the game.

xKillthemx
Sep 15, 2010, 10:03 PM
I cant play online for some reason so all I can comment on is the story, and I actually like it more than I thought I would. Great game.

FOkyasuta
Sep 15, 2010, 10:26 PM
Once again:
PSO = Best Game Ever

Hell Yeah.

kongajinken
Sep 15, 2010, 10:33 PM
I actually like it more than I thought I would. Great game.

spoiler

Pyotr
Sep 15, 2010, 10:59 PM
Once again:
PSO = Best Game Ever

I absolutely positively agree!
I'm having a blast!

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 15, 2010, 11:28 PM
Nice to see some who have it give us some feedback to us who don't, but for me psp2 is still not in the AUS pss. C'mon its Thursday(For me anyway) the 16th, thats the date for down here, it should be in already.

Mikura
Sep 15, 2010, 11:40 PM
I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with PSP2. The new gameplay additions to combat are great, some of the PSU music tracks have been retouched slightly to where they sound better than their original counterparts, and I absolutely love how they threw in some old PSO references with some of the music, as well as the dragon boss. The new missions exclusive to PSP2 have stages that are well-designed and not nearly as bland as most of the old PSU areas. And for the first time, the offline story mode is fun and entertaining to play. (Although I believe a lot of that has to do with the fact that I like most of the characters involved in the story, especially Kraz >.>)

This is pretty much the closest Sega's come to replicating the same fun and joy I had with PSO. The only thing that concerns me at all at this point is whether or not we'll get any DLC. But that aside, this is still the best Sega has offered in a very long time imo.