PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 question about drop rates

Sace
Sep 15, 2010, 03:02 PM
Lets say the leader is a vanguard and is hosting online. Does that mean everyone in the party gets vanguard drops or w/e class they currently are on?

Eclipsed57
Sep 15, 2010, 03:09 PM
everyones drops are seen by them only, so i assume it would be based on the type you are playing

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 04:26 PM
^ above is true, if you're a Ranger you get what a Ranger gets, no matter who the Host is. (unless of course, he manages to alter the drops with CFW).

Tizerak
Sep 15, 2010, 05:48 PM
does multiplayer mode affect drop rates like story mode v.s. online multi or ad hoc

Ken_Silver
Sep 15, 2010, 05:58 PM
^ above is true, if you're a Ranger you get what a Ranger gets, no matter who the Host is. (unless of course, he manages to alter the drops with CFW).

Wait, hackers got to PSP2 already? And just what is CFW? I hear a lot of it recently.

Vinsent
Sep 15, 2010, 06:06 PM

CFW is not CWcheat. They are two totally different things. You can't cheat just using CFW. People should really stop assuming that they are the same thing. It misinforms people and makes users of CFW look bad.

Wait, hackers got to PSP2 already? And just what is CFW? I hear a lot of it recently.

CFW is Custom Firmware, it's somebody editing the firmware so you can play backups, and homebrew.

Mike
Sep 15, 2010, 07:05 PM
The wiki says otherwise, and I believe it was mentioned on the official blog as well that the party leader's job determines drops in both multiplayer modes.

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 07:09 PM
The wiki says otherwise, and I believe it was mentioned on the official blog as well that the party leader's job determines drops in both multiplayer modes.

So not only was I a hypocrit, I was also wrong. I always thought it didn't matter, but then again, I spent mose of my time playing solo... sorry guys!

Infernonyc
Sep 15, 2010, 07:20 PM
So not only was I a hypocrit, I was also wrong. I always thought it didn't matter, but then again, I spent mose of my time playing solo... sorry guys!

Stop being anti-social!

Izuna
Sep 15, 2010, 07:22 PM
Stop being anti-social!

Nothing to do with it, I don't like the lag+slowdowns online; granted, I bought the game again, and it was to play with MSN Phantasy Star.

Kamen Rider Sting
Sep 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
So the party leader's class alters rares and drop rates? Eh, sounds fair.

Randomness
Sep 15, 2010, 08:29 PM
So the party leader's class alters rares and drop rates? Eh, sounds fair.

Reminds me of PSO.