PDA

View Full Version : New PSP with upgraded analog stick announced

Eclipsed57
Sep 16, 2010, 12:13 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/16/monster-hunter-portable-3-gets-updated-psp-with-improved-analog/

in a MH3 bundle :cry:

oh well it still looks sexy, might be time to upgrade when that comes out

TierrenZX
Sep 16, 2010, 12:19 AM
OH LAWD

This might actually give me an excuse to get a new PSP though it is getting tiring of seeing sony like bring out a new freaking PSP like every year

I feel sorry for PSPGo owners.

zonron
Sep 16, 2010, 01:03 AM
sigh, not a new psp go. i was hoping for a bigger hard-drive.

GantzDetainee
Sep 16, 2010, 01:29 AM
That MH3 bundle looks really sweet.Too bad it wont make it in here.

Zarode
Sep 16, 2010, 01:29 AM
LMAO...

I can't wait until Capcom announces Monster Hunter 3DS. Oh, how fast the PSP will crash and fall.

Floptart
Sep 16, 2010, 04:14 AM
I feel sorry for PSPGo owners.

I love my psp Go. LOVE it.

HUmar_Dean
Sep 16, 2010, 04:28 AM
I love my psp Go. LOVE it.

I wouldnt be playing my psp half as much if i had my old psp.
Plus when you have one its like eh i have to buy it from psn, i dont even bother looking at store bought prices.
Only annoying thing is lack of psp1 and ff crisis core.

Eclipsed57
Sep 16, 2010, 04:32 AM
the failure of the go is not being able to get those bargain bin prices when something goes on sale in a store. also not being able to sell back games once you know youre never gonna play it again

Kion
Sep 16, 2010, 05:22 AM
I've been thinking about getting a go. The form factor is down right appealing since it's actually portable, not to mention that I hate UMD load times. But how does are the controls? It looks like they jammed the buttons in there too tightly.

Volcompat321
Sep 16, 2010, 05:24 AM
LMAO...

I can't wait until Capcom announces Monster Hunter 3DS. Oh, how fast the PSP will crash and fall.

Doubt it.
Though, I'm sure it will do good.

Only annoying thing is lack of ff crisis core.

Looooooovvvve this game!

Xefi
Sep 16, 2010, 11:16 AM
I've been thinking about getting a go. The form factor is down right appealing since it's actually portable, not to mention that I hate UMD load times. But how does are the controls? It looks like they jammed the buttons in there too tightly.

if you want portable, yes it's indeed smaller than its cousins the 1000, 2000, 3000 series.
the controls i must say though, is smaller than usual. you'll have to get use to putting your
hands in between the L & R buttons. if you have big hands, you'll probably gonna hate
the controls of this puny system. the analog is kind of stiff and slightly harder for movement
vs. the other series psp. i like the 1000 - 3000 series controls much more better because
they're more wider for your hand to handle. PSP Go screen is smaller as well, so once again,
a slightly smaller screen. my one complaint about Go is the charging power cord. the other
series have these puny hole you can stick in, but the Go have this huge rectangle shape hole
that always seem to get in my way when i play the Go while charging; it's rather annoying.
the speakers on the Go aren't good either. the soldiers screaming in Valkyria Chronicles 2
nearly broke my speakers. :cake:

Those are my exp. i have so far with this puny system. i'll probably buy a new psp 3000.
Go isn't worth it much, at least for me, it isn't. i'm gonna give my Go to my cousins.

Mugaaz2
Sep 16, 2010, 11:37 AM
I got the PSP Go for the only reason worth getting it - Bluetooth support allows you to play with a PS3 controller if you also own a PS3.

PS3 + PSP Go + PS3 Controller + PSP Docking Station + AV Cables = Infinite Battery PSP2 on my TV using a PS3 controller.

Ithildin
Sep 16, 2010, 12:18 PM
I got the PSP Go for the only reason worth getting it - Bluetooth support allows you to play with a PS3 controller if you also own a PS3.

PS3 + PSP Go + PS3 Controller + PSP Docking Station + AV Cables = Infinite Battery PSP2 on my TV using a PS3 controller.

Kinda sounds like the old days when you could play gameboy advance games on your game cube with an adaptor.

Mugaaz2
Sep 16, 2010, 02:27 PM
Kinda sounds like the old days when you could play gameboy advance games on your game cube with an adaptor.

I owned that too! It was great!

Mute City
Sep 16, 2010, 03:56 PM
LMAO...

The PSP is probably gunna die when the 3DS releases, period. It won't take a Monster Hunter 3D to do it.

Back on topic though, I need a new PSP, and this is the perfect excuse to buy one.

Alnet
Sep 16, 2010, 05:21 PM
I could use this PSP. Mine is rather old, the USB port doesn't work anymore, and the analog stick sticks from time to time if I'm playing a game that uses it for too long. And the battery upgrade is dandy. The only thing keeping me from getting a battery upgrade for my current PSP is the wear and tear it's already taken, and the horrible lopsidedness, which this solves.

Now if I can just get it without Monster Hunter...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 16, 2010, 05:23 PM
Now if I can just get it without Monster Hunter...
And instead, those Gundam Vs..!

Better scout your NCSX/PlayAsia, those other sites Alnet knows that I don't know, yo.

amtalx
Sep 16, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'll wait for the PSP2, thanks.

Cron-Z
Sep 17, 2010, 07:44 AM
I can't wait until Capcom announces Monster Hunter 3DS.

Not going to happen. Ever...

Anyone one with the slightest familiarity of Capcom and the Monster Hunter franchise knows this.

unicorn
Sep 17, 2010, 07:47 AM
Sony is becoming worse than Nintendo with their treatment of handheld consoles!

Kent
Sep 17, 2010, 08:52 AM
It's really too bad that the analog "stick" is still in the same, nigh-unusable position as it is on the base models.