PDA

View Full Version : How Do you tell a Dupper from a really lucky/awesome Legit?

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 9, 2003, 12:05 AM
i've been having the hardest time figuring this out and i don't want to say bluntly "hey dupper we don't want you here if your going to act like that"
i mean i've seen people in my parties take out full rooms of ruins beast without much effort at all and they've got items i've never even thought of looking for and power mags up the Wazoo! i mean i've seen a HUnewearl lower vl than mine use a J-sword. i've never seen a newman hold a J-sword!
and well i guess people use alot of Mind/Pow/Dex only mags but does everyone Use them!? i've only just now made a Black Sato my sorta Pow mag.
can anyone give me some tipical things to look out for in the new GC world of PSO

TeamPhalanx
Mar 9, 2003, 08:31 AM
It's pretty easy. I mean, it once again comes down to common sense. If you go on enough item hunts or play the game long enough, you have a pretty good idea of how rare items in the game are.

Typical Cheater:

Has cell mag - Devil's Tail being popular amongst them.
Tend to die alot.
Usually only carry very rare items, not realizing the value of a Vulcan.
Are low lv.

Basically, a legit player wouldn't have (and even if they did, I doubt carry so many at once) a lot of rare items on them.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 9, 2003, 08:48 AM
yes, thank you. but i'm refering to the High lvl duppers, and also what if the low lvl isn't even a dupper he/she just tranfured items from another character i mean i'm pretty sure people think i'm a duper because i gave my panzer tail to my lvl 30 (now is lvl 50) FOmar but i do only carry one weapon because of finding out first hand "the BSOD problem isn't fixed" i'm sure by now we know the most commonly duplicated items are (that i've seen) Double Cannon (and the parts to make it) the new Handguns. and saddly now. Sange and Yasha. but i saw what i know was a legit Sange and Yasha this guy had it before all the hype could this unknown hunter be the cause of the dupping of this item?
*sighs* i guess it isn't really that big of a deal.
there are Legits that seem like dupper in additude and items. and vis versa.

PalRappies_go_splat
Mar 9, 2003, 10:42 AM
ok here is a list of things high lvl dupers do...

-Taunting you by droppin red boxes n pickin em back up
-Carring an inventory of rare wepons
-Seems like he/she is god
-Has a big ego
-Blurts out things like NOOB!!! to every1 and any1 who is weaker than him
-Try on wepons while you stare in amazement
-Stand in the middle of a room while your bieng chased down by a horde of monsters
-Repling to your screams of help with a trimate to himself
-Occasional "nice" duper that says "Psst... Hey you! I can get you any wepon you want"

Well theres your list http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeamPhalanx
Mar 9, 2003, 10:57 AM
High lv usually doesn't equal uber-rares. Myself (Phalanx is currently lv 185) and most of the other high lvs I know do not have an inventory full of rare items.

We do have rares, but, we simply know better than to use them, since most of them aren't that good. Legits use effecient weapons, and we never showcase our stuff. Everyone I know carries a max of 3 weapons at once. Personally, I only carry 1 very rare weapon at a time; Usually, it's a rare item + Vulcan.

If you really want to know whether or not the player you're with is cheating, simply ask the % on the weapons they have.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 9, 2003, 11:03 AM
thank you, and it's true though it is nice to have "nice" looking weapon heh i was amazed when i found my Munsashi and then Yamatothen i found out i rock with Twin sabers.
of course now i use my Meteor Crudge because i have hih luck and freezing enemy more that 3 hits etc etc i could go on but i'm not. i'd say cheating would get bland after a while everyone has the exact same weapon. i mean it's boring. and who really is crazy enough to carry +4 weapon unequips thats just asking for a BSOD

Mystil
Mar 9, 2003, 04:54 PM
On 2003-03-09 07:57, TeamPhalanx wrote:
High lv usually doesn't equal uber-rares. Myself (Phalanx is currently lv 185) and most of the other high lvs I know do not have an inventory full of rare items.

We do have rares, but, we simply know better than to use them, since most of them aren't that good. Legits use effecient weapons, and we never showcase our stuff. Everyone I know carries a max of 3 weapons at once. Personally, I only carry 1 very rare weapon at a time; Usually, it's a rare item + Vulcan.

If you really want to know whether or not the player you're with is cheating, simply ask the % on the weapons they have.

Well all of this is quite true. (Being a former high level myself - I NEVER FOUND ANY RARE!)

I was given some rares but I only take one(Bravace for Normal, and Guilty Light for Hard(EpII)) I find my own armor(hey I'm a Skyly -that's no prob http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Many of them don't flaunt their stuff and that's good, cause it's very discouraging to the other players when people do this. . .

Tigger
Mar 9, 2003, 08:48 PM
That's not to say legits don't USE rares, I have about two rares on me at a time in addition to my high hit Calibur. Because as great as that sword is, my rares also have their uses (be it for specials or just being plain out stronger)

While a duper or dupe user is more likely to die, or more likely to show off, the truth is there is no real 100% way to be sure. If all else fails you can simply ask the person. Just as proud as people are to gloat that they're legit, you have people who are equally proud to gloat that they're dupers.

Dark-Hunter
Mar 10, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-03-09 07:42, PalRappies_go_splat wrote:
ok here is a list of things high lvl dupers do...

-Carring an inventory of rare wepons
-Seems like he/she is god
-Has a big ego
-Blurts out things like NOOB!!! to every1 and any1 who is weaker than him
-Stand in the middle of a room while your bieng chased down by a horde of monsters
-Occasional "nice" duper that says "Psst... Hey you! I can get you any wepon you want"

Well theres your list http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

well thats total bs, not every one is a "dupper" i my self use all rare things in my inverntory so that makes me a dupper? and team person the reason i got all these rares is threw trade or i found them, i dont care that you dont trade and get better items

DUNKO1
Mar 11, 2003, 07:28 PM
Ahh I use a pretty good assortment of rares (mainly bringers rifle- legit) and I'm getting tired of being call a duper in game

Getintothegame
Mar 14, 2003, 02:50 AM
On 2003-03-09 07:42, PalRappies_go_splat wrote:

Where do you play!?! I'd never play where you played, sounds like that user was an ass...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-03-13 23:51 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 14, 2003, 06:23 AM
yeah i know what your going threw, the day after i got my famed Panzertail *i worked my ass off and got it the day i got online*
"does Nesaya dup?"
no, i don't, yet when i saw a lvl 20 Human with a J sword i couldn't say "AH your a cheating Dupper" because well, it could be a mag and sword from another character and accusing someone of dupping with out knowing for sure isn't right.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 14, 2003, 08:17 AM
I would have said it...

The odds of being correct are very high.

Lisa_B
Mar 14, 2003, 06:28 PM
Does anyone here play for their own enjoyment or to simply flaunt their 'superiority' by catching 'cheaters'? This one's directed at you Team-person.

TeamPhalanx
Mar 14, 2003, 09:16 PM
I play for my own enjoyment, but at the same time, I show respect to the creators of the game and the community in general.

Superiority?

Let me as you this.

Given everything else is equal, who is the better person, the one that cheats or the one that is honest?

Zeebo
Mar 14, 2003, 09:18 PM
Honest! cause pshh it takes skill to reach that certain place!

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 14, 2003, 09:26 PM
Doing things the honest way is always the right way unless you're in stealing contest. . . http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif