PDA

View Full Version : GC Hildetorr - Syncesta

Kei Kurono
Sep 16, 2010, 09:06 AM
I want to get a Syncesta from a Hildetorr with my HUcaseal (Oran, of course), but I can't even seem to find one. Piping is not that good, because I can't learn Ryuker; so i'd have to use Telepipes instead, which is out of the question for me.
So I'm doing the Quest Forest of Sorrow over and over again..
Does anyone know the rate of encountering a Hildetorr? And could you tell me: How long did it take to actually get a Syncesta from it?
Thanks ;D

doubleEXP
Sep 16, 2010, 09:54 AM
According to the drop charts on this site for Oran in Ult Forest:

Syncesta
Hildetorr
1/22

A Hildetorr will eventually show up. You know how it goes; you won't see one for a ton of runs, then you'll see like 3 out of 5 runs at one point. At least when you do see one, the odds are pretty decent. Good hunting!

HeartBreak301
Sep 16, 2010, 10:07 AM
The rate on rare monsters is supposedly 1/512 but I don't know how reliable that number is.

Kei Kurono
Sep 16, 2010, 11:30 AM
1/512?:-o Wow, I have seen 2 in 4 runs now =D (They both dropped a Scepter..) I hope it'll stay that way ;D Thanks for posting the rates :D

psofan219
Sep 16, 2010, 01:33 PM
Don't count on continuing to see Hildetorrs that frequently. It's bad enough that they're the rare counterpart of an enemy that's not-so-common, add on top of that you're staring down a 1/22 chance, which is roughly 4.2%. You're gonna hate Hildetorrs by the time you get one, or two, if you want to get Double Cannon.

Kei Kurono
Sep 17, 2010, 04:54 PM
Yea, well that's giong to be fun.. xD
And I don't have a Lavis Cannon yet, I've tried to get one for almost 2 weeks now and I needed a break, so I targeted Syncesta instead.
I already am tired of doing the quest over and over again.. I'm almost falling asleep now o_o
Well, let's see how long it'll take..

psofan219
Sep 19, 2010, 04:40 PM
Well, you're not alone. I'm hunting Hildetorrs on GC myself, though not for Syncesta, but rather for a Star Amplifier. I'm not expecting the final resulting weapon to be worth the time I spent hunting for it, but as of the moment I could use the levels I gain from it, so...

NegaTsukasa
Sep 20, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hildetorrs love pancakes. whip up some pancakes and load that sucker with syrup then set it out in the middle of the forest.

But seriously, I'd try not too pipe, hurts the game.
it takes time. I've never found one from a Torr, and only encountered one once.
good luck to ya. it'll show up eventually.
your drop rate is 1/22
your survival rate is 1/10. watch the Megid and good luck.

psofan219
Sep 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
I've only encountered... I think two torrs offline, the first one was a complete surprise and nearly killed me (Red Saber was my prize, as I was a Skyly at the time). The second one showed up in Forest of Sorrow (again, Red Saber), with three Hildelts ;.; Between getting shocked, jumped on, and punched... I don't know what was worse. Ironically, neither of those two torrs fired Megid at me once, and I didn't even know that they did until I encountered my first one on Blue Burst and got a face full of it.

Kei Kurono
Sep 20, 2010, 10:51 AM
I knew about Megid, and surviving is no problem to me. But actually encountering one is a problem :D I didn't see any hildetorrs for 3 days now. Hope I'll be more lucky today.

TrueChaos
Oct 3, 2010, 04:34 AM
i never encountered a Torr on GC actually, thinking about it, i may have found one in Temple but can't rememebr if that was on BB or not. i was very surprised to see it so most likely it was GC.

let's do some maths:
16 Torrs per run, 1/512 appearence rate of Torr so, in theory, that's 1 Torr every 32 runs.
1/22 drop rate of Syncesta from Torr takes you to 704 runs to fight 22 Torrs. however, i was hunting Syncesta and MSI on BB, both 1/22 drop rate from Torrs. i fought ~30 Torrs and got neither