PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Install data corrupt error?

Altoh
Sep 16, 2010, 12:53 PM
Is any one else geting this because i keep getting it no mater how many times i delete the install data and re install it, itll work fine for a while then after a few missions like awakening serpent or if i put my psp on standby mode for a little bit, it says the data is corrupt. its geting kinda annoying to have to keep switching it back on or deleting the game data then re installing it.

Izuna
Sep 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
What is the brand of your Memory Stick Pro Duo, and what size is it? If it's not a Pro, that's your problem.

Altoh
Sep 16, 2010, 01:10 PM
What is the brand of your Memory Stick Pro Duo, and what size is it? If it's not a Pro, that's your problem.

I'm using a sandisk: memory stick pro duo 4gig i have 2 of those and 1 sony memroy stick pro duo 1 gig, I'm using one of my 4gigs atm I haven't tried the sony one yet but the 2 sandisk ones I keep getting the error

Roontek
Sep 16, 2010, 01:12 PM
Biggest question is: Are you running the game off UMD or Digital Download? If its digital then there is no need to install the data... lol its already there!

Altoh
Sep 16, 2010, 01:13 PM
Biggest question is: Are you running the game off UMD or Digital Download? If its digital then there is no need to install the data... lol its already there!

im on UMD

Roontek
Sep 16, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hrmm in that case it might be coming down to your memory card. What I would try, is make a copy of whats on your memory card (minus the install data, delete it first) dump it on your computer, I'm talking every file. Then reformat the card in the PSP. Dump all your copied files back onto the memory card, install the data again and get back to me if it happens again.

Izuna
Sep 16, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hmm, before formatting, try Error-checking; sometimes I tend to get "ghost" 0bit data... the reason why I suggest this, is because I had that problem a long time ago, but as I'm implying, I haven't seen it myself for a while.

Altoh
Sep 16, 2010, 01:32 PM
I formated one of my memory sticks if i get the error again ill just have to live with it i guess

MegaRocker1987
Sep 19, 2010, 03:03 PM
im having this problem 2 any ideas?

Roontek
Sep 19, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hrmm in that case it might be coming down to your memory card. What I would try, is make a copy of whats on your memory card (minus the install data, delete it first) dump it on your computer, I'm talking every file. Then reformat the card in the PSP. Dump all your copied files back onto the memory card, install the data again and get back to me if it happens again.

im having this problem 2 any ideas?

Try what I stated above. Let me know.

Pietepiet
Sep 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
I've had this happen. I just saved, quit the game, restarted, went to options and turned Install back to "On". That fixed the problem for me :)

Krupp
Sep 19, 2010, 04:56 PM
I've had this problem since the JP release. Unfortunately you just have to wait until the mission is over and turn the install back on in your settings. One of the unfortunate parts of the UMD version really :(. Glad I went with the digital this time around.

MegaRocker1987
Sep 19, 2010, 04:57 PM
i formatted reinstalled and it worked just fine

Rayokarna
Sep 19, 2010, 05:11 PM
Whenever the error comes up, just turn the Install option back to On then it should be ok.

MegaRocker1987
Sep 19, 2010, 05:48 PM
ty i will do that if i have to cause im not buying the dd of the game when i already bought the umd version of it that would be stupid to throw away another 40 bucks unless it was my last option due to umd drive failure or something like that.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Sep 19, 2010, 05:49 PM
It happend once for me then it stopped.

On a side note how often does everyone backup their save data?

Pavichokche
Sep 19, 2010, 05:50 PM
Whenever the error comes up, just turn the Install option back to On then it should be ok.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. It's pretty random, though, and it only happens when you get off from a mission. Not that big a problem really...

Zarode
Sep 19, 2010, 06:54 PM
Use this, defrag your cards, try again. (http://www.piriform.com/defraggler)