PDA

View Full Version : How many of you will move on to PSP2?

Cire39
Sep 16, 2010, 06:10 PM
I've had some really fun times with PSZ but it feels a little bit like its time is coming to a close.
I've spent close to 300 hours on PSZ and I have almost all of the gear I've ever wanted on the game.

I've also had a really great time playing with a lot of you and I'm wondering:
How many of the PSZ board's users are going to play PSP2?
It looks like an incredible game, and it would be fun if we could continue our adventures in a whole new game!

Chaos Rappy
Sep 16, 2010, 06:26 PM
Not I... maybe. I dunno. I hate Sony, but if I ever get the chance to more or less testdrive PS:P2, who knows, I may have a change of heart... besides, not like I'll be ABLE to accomplish much more once I own every rare in the game, which won't take much longer now. :P

Cire39
Sep 16, 2010, 06:35 PM
I like Sony, if only for how awesome the Playstation and PS2 were/are.
Also, I'm obsessed with the Phantasy Star series and I don't think anything could get in the way of that. Hahaha.

Why do you dislike Sony, Chaos? The PS3 and PSP finally actually have a solid list of good games (gasp) and aren't ridiculously expensive anymore.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 16, 2010, 06:47 PM
I don't know. I've festered a hatred for the company for years now with no rational remembrance as to why, kinda like how some kids grew up hating certain foods for no reason, even though they've never eaten them? That kind of thing... and I'm not going to be the one who tries to break out of that shell only to realize the hatred DID have reason and I wasted hundreds of dollars just to figure that out... <_<

Neo Flint
Sep 16, 2010, 06:49 PM
Despite the lack of a PSP, I feel I'll have to move on sooner or later. Don't get meh wrong, I enjoy the game throatily but I'll admit, it does get a tend repetitive after a while. I'll still be play Zero for a little longer but if I do get a PSP and PSP2, It might a replacement after all.

Broken_L_button
Sep 16, 2010, 07:57 PM
I'm most likely going to keep playing both, but PS:P2 more than PSZ. Despite my own hatred for Sony (fragile consoles made me go ":/" in the past), I guess I'll give it a shot.

Seth Astra
Sep 17, 2010, 12:24 AM
I moved on earlier today.

xmoonprismpowerx
Sep 17, 2010, 12:27 AM
I don't have a PSP and I'm working my empire back up on PSU. I don't ever think I'll get a PSP. I'm too poor for such things, but if I ever had the opportunity to play it I would.

Cire39
Sep 17, 2010, 05:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a PSP and PSP2, I just can't decide how soon that'll be, haha. It's hard to drop 250 bucks on a brand new system :\

You know, you guys can't say you are true RPG fans if you've never played any PS1 RPGs. PS1 has some of the greatest RPGs of all time and you're truly missing out by boycotting Sony products. PS2 also has some of the greatest games ever made.

GantzDetainee
Sep 17, 2010, 09:04 AM
Just moved when the demo was released.

ZeekTheSweet
Sep 17, 2010, 09:10 AM
Gonna try to get the game on Christmas. Unfortunatly I don't have a PSP cause we're poor so its gonna be hard getting both a PSP and PSPO2

Monochromatic-Fiend
Sep 19, 2010, 03:16 PM
I was surprised to find both the demo and the full game in the playstation store, so once I muster up 40 bucks, I will probably go and switch to PS:P2
Though for good times sake, I might still play one of my level 100 characters in PSZ as long as I can others to play with.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
Screw it... you know what? How about this: if I can manage to get every rare in the game besides the JP-only code weapons by the time my JP cart of PSZ gets here so I can get them for myself, I WILL buy a PSP and fully reserve a US version of PS:P2 and import the JP version, so long as the US version doesn't come out within 4 months or so, just to show all of you that I dare to try something new... but only if the cards are played right. You all have about 2 weeks to show me what I'm going to miss out on otherwise. ;P

tacticalbread
Sep 20, 2010, 02:59 AM
Heh, I play this over PSP2.

I guess I'm just an old PSO:BB fanboy, and PSZero is much more like PSO, than PSP is.

edit:

so long as the US version doesn't come out within 4 months or so

The US version has been out for almost a week. xP

DChip
Sep 20, 2010, 11:49 AM
Nah, I can't afford a PSP; so I'll stay on PS0 for another time, at least until I get my lvl 100 HUmar ;P

RoxasNeval
Sep 20, 2010, 05:13 PM
psp2 pawns psz but ill still play :p
i need 2 register in psn tho,booo

MAD1b
Sep 20, 2010, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna try as hard as I can to get a PSP and PS:P2 but I'll most likely be late to the game just like with all PS games. Haha, I'm always the guy who joins at level 20 surrounded by level 100's standing there like :P

Drunken Dragon
Sep 20, 2010, 08:15 PM
Recon I'll go with PS:P2 as well.... I liked the first one although it had it flaws(no real online for one) but by the looks of it they have adressed all the issues that were with the first one...

Although I havent really been active on these boards, Ive played with some of you and PZ0 has been my nr 1 traveling game since I first got it... So ive played my share... PS:P2 just seems like a natural step to take imo...

NER0
Sep 22, 2010, 09:26 AM
I moved on. This game is fun but not enough content to hold me long term. I'll probably play it later on when i get the itch again.

PSP2 will keep me buisy for awhile.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 22, 2010, 09:31 AM
The US version has been out for almost a week. xP
Well then, I don't need to import then. Can't blame me for not knowing, though, I could give a **** less about anything Sony related, let alone ANYTHING new game-related, as I stopped paying attention to what's coming out anymore. Hell, I would intentionally fail my previously mentioned bet just so I COULDN'T get PS:P2 if it weren't for the fact that I'm more OCD about this game than I hate Sony right now, being only one rare left in this game for me to get. <_<

Chukie sue
Sep 22, 2010, 12:10 PM
Im waiting for my PSP to come in the mail.

PSZ was amazing at first, though I never got any good drops - friends kept me playing. Now that it's dead there's no point in me playing.

Neo Flint
Sep 22, 2010, 05:43 PM
Well then, I don't need to import then. Can't blame me for not knowing, though, I could give a **** less about anything Sony related, let alone ANYTHING new game-related, as I stopped paying attention to what's coming out anymore. Hell, I would intentionally fail my previously mentioned bet just so I COULDN'T get PS:P2 if it weren't for the fact that I'm more OCD about this game than I hate Sony right now, being only one rare left in this game for me to get. <_<

So you're a full time retro gamer huh?

And for hating on something for no apparent reason, you seem to hate Sony a LOT... No disrespect. o.o

Chaos Rappy
Sep 22, 2010, 07:04 PM
So you're a full time retro gamer huh?

And for hating on something for no apparent reason, you seem to hate Sony a LOT... No disrespect. o.o
Yeah, just about... For a good while, I used to only really play games about a year after they came out, but that all pretty much stopped once PM:TTYD came out, and then so far from then until PSZ now. ^^;

The irrationality of it all astounds me, but I've disliked Sony for as long as I can remember... I don't know why, hence the "irrationality" of it all. They seems to have some good games, but something about the Playstation systems just really does not make me want to buy them, for better or worse... : /

Maiya
Sep 23, 2010, 06:23 AM
I feel like staying on PSZ since I just got it a few months ago before PSP2 came out. Maybe Playstation games only aims at hardcore gamers and nintendo games aims at both groups so that the games are made for fun and full of adventure.

To me, PSZ made me feel like pictochat + Kingdom Hearts 365/2 days and wifi are joined up and this made me love this game also it can be mostly fun if I can meet more active and determined friends to use these features through. It would be such a dream to play it.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 23, 2010, 06:51 AM
Kingdom Hearts 365/2 days
358/2 Days, you mean? : /

Vintasticvin
Sep 23, 2010, 07:33 AM
I say smurf PSP2 I'm sticking to PSZ.... DAMMIT I want me the PSP2 experience waaaaaa xD But Im sticking with PSZ.

HUmar_Dean
Sep 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
Why people deny themselves a Phantasy star experience through unfounded loyalties is beyond me.
I am a sega/dreamcast fanboy and a DC vet which I bet a lot of the posters on here arent.
I should HATE sony for killing sega but tbh they are the best games company out at the moment, i hate nintendo because tbh the wii is just awful.
I also have played PSZ and really didnt think it felt like a PS game as much as most people say it does, its only the battle system. Other than that i thought it was very average.

Chukie sue
Sep 23, 2010, 05:32 PM
I feel like staying on PSZ since I just got it a few months ago before PSP2 came out. Maybe Playstation games only aims at hardcore gamers and nintendo games aims at both groups so that the games are made for fun and full of adventure.

To me, PSZ made me feel like pictochat + Kingdom Hearts 365/2 days and wifi are joined up and this made me love this game also it can be mostly fun if I can meet more active and determined friends to use these features through. It would be such a dream to play it.

Thats actually a really good way to describe PSZ...

Noblewine
Sep 23, 2010, 11:57 PM
I'm rotating between games.

Cire39
Sep 24, 2010, 05:59 AM
I keep trying to fight off the urge to buy a PSP and PS:P2 since that's $250 down the drain... but every time I see a screenshot of the game I get incredibly excited again

I don't know what I'm going to do D:

Onisia
Sep 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Don't have a PSP yet. So I'm not going to move on anytime soon. Although boring at times PSZ is still pretty fun.

LouieW
Sep 25, 2010, 09:27 PM
I too lack a PSP on this time and I doubt I will buy one anytime soon. Plus, the 3DS is coming out in not too long and that is going to cost some money. I have to say that I think the customization options in PSP2 look pretty neat though.

Chaos Rappy
Sep 25, 2010, 09:49 PM
Heh... the gamestops near me don't even have PS:P2, and they say they won't get a shipment in for a little while (they get shipments in every 2 weeks or once a month), so regardless of that wager, I still may not be able to get it. :P

In the meantime, I will still hunt for that Canon Bleu, awaiting the day it drops... in vain... <_<

Vintasticvin
Sep 26, 2010, 02:04 AM
Heh... the gamestops near me don't even have PS:P2, and they say they won't get a shipment in for a little while (they get shipments in every 2 weeks or once a month), so regardless of that wager, I still may not be able to get it. :P

In the meantime, I will still hunt for that Canon Bleu, awaiting the day it drops... in vain... <_<

ahhhhh fuck ps: p2 chos lets just enjoy psz :3 despite what people say YES i dropped an eff bomb hehehehehehe

Chaos Rappy
Sep 26, 2010, 03:35 AM
I never said I'd try to win the bet, I just want that Canon Bleu. Last thing for me to get, it's more of my anxiety that I want it rather than complating my collection. ;P

My only wish for this game is that more people should find out about it and start playing it... I hate when good games go under the radar for so long, and then when people FINALLY find out about it, everyone else who was once greatness was long gone, and left them with nothing but scraps compared to its glorious past... that's what went the way of both the DS FFCC games, and no doubt within the next year, so too will PSZ follow, unfortunately, regardless of PS:P2's or any 3DS title's interference. : (

Cire39
Sep 26, 2010, 06:32 AM
The first DS FFCC game had no wifi, the second had wifi with 1 second input lag, and both had a tiny amount of content.
PSZ is a cool game if you're into item hunting and grinding but most people aren't.
The DS also has terrible infrastructure which turns off a lot of people. I love PSZ but it isn't a 'great' game, per se. It was meant to be a bite-size version of PSO and it fills that role perfectly. It's definitely the best multiplayer RPG with WiFi on the DS, but that isn't saying much.

I think 99% of the people that would've wanted to play PSZ have played it already. It doesn't have the difficulty, content, infrastructure, or length that PSO had to be popular as long as PSO has been.

kirtblue
Sep 29, 2010, 08:36 PM
i already have hooray

Aeris
Sep 29, 2010, 11:39 PM
Still on PSZ until i get my PSP LCD screen replaced (its cracked but still can see but not that good) and the game bought.

Seth Astra
Sep 29, 2010, 11:44 PM
I keep trying to fight off the urge to buy a PSP and PS:P2 since that's $250 down the drain... but every time I see a screenshot of the game I get incredibly excited again

I don't know what I'm going to do D:
I got a PSP because I wanted PSP2. 110% worth it. The amount of content is vastly improved. (Level 63, 40+ hours in, and I still havn't cleared the story). Plus, the char editor is now... Decent. I could go on and on, but theirs an easier way. *Equips a line shield with 60% flame.* PSP2 tops PSZ in every area.

Cire39
Sep 30, 2010, 06:42 PM
I thought I would have the game by now, but I just dropped like $150 on school books and fees, so it'll have to wait. I think I'll have a PSP and PSPo2 by the end of October, unless something else comes up.

NeonaPulsar
Oct 1, 2010, 12:09 AM
Sadly... i have moved on. PSZ was my very first PS game and a great one to me. If you have time, go look in my albums, that story is in there.

Cire39
Oct 1, 2010, 05:15 AM
NeonaPulsar, you should try out the original PSO games. They're a lot more difficult than PSZ but you would probably love them.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 1, 2010, 08:15 AM
Well, seems as though my conversation here last night never happened, so I may as well forget everything about that and move one. Still taking my PSP to Gamestop to see if I can get it repaired or whatnot, so that way I can actually test this so-called greatness everyone calls PS:P2 now pretty much. <_<

Otherwise, until then, my faith in PSZ remains unchallenged. Dissidia is still a cool game, though, so who knows? If the problems with my PSP fade away, then I may yet have a replacement for PSZ NOT in the Phantasy Star category of games at all as far as favorite games are concerned.

Ranmaru
Oct 1, 2010, 01:27 PM
Nah. I'm not passing on. I'll just play PSZ once in a while.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 1, 2010, 03:08 PM
Apparently no Gamestop anywhere near me has or was going to get a copy of PS:P2 for a while. So, I ordered it online, and for at least a decent price (~$35 or so, not counting shipping and handling costs and whatnot), so I shall be getting this soon, and finally see what the hubbub will be about. Until then, though,don't expect to be seeing an all-too happy me... and it seems throwing my PSP against the wall last night or so ago helped, as I have not had that error screen since then, and without any damage to the PSP, I call it a win-win for me.

Chukie sue
Oct 1, 2010, 07:03 PM
The game itself cant compare with with the hype it's received. I much prefer PSZ over PSP2 :/
Granted, I haven't accessed online mode yet... Still waiting for a couple shipments from hong-kong for my memory stick, steel case, and plastic cover ;o

Chaos Rappy
Oct 1, 2010, 07:07 PM
Somehow, I knew that's how it would be. That's how EVERY major game is... they receive too much hype, and then I hate them when it doesn't live NEARLY to the word it's received. <_<

Chukie sue
Oct 1, 2010, 07:10 PM
Preach it ;)

Maybe it's just because I met cool people on PSZ... I really dunno. Dont get me wrong, PSP2 is a great game, I just dont really like change :/

Plus, there isnt a decent trading system >:(

Chaos Rappy
Oct 1, 2010, 07:12 PM
That's gonna suck for me if I try to reinstall my empire into the world of PS:P2. : /

Chukie sue
Oct 1, 2010, 07:22 PM
ya,rly.

apparently you cant trade rares above B rank. (That's basically anything higher than a 4*)

I dunno if you can drop trade them in-field though :/

Chaos Rappy
Oct 1, 2010, 08:24 PM
Dude... that's complete and utter ****. <_<

Mike
Oct 1, 2010, 10:27 PM
Heaven forbid each player actually has to hunt for the items they want. Besides, the drop tables and rates were changed from the Japanese version, it seems, so that you don't have to spend as much time hunting as you did.

Cire39
Oct 2, 2010, 02:43 AM
I agree with Mike. Having players hunt their own items means people spend more time online and also less widespread use of hacked items, since you can't trade high level gear.

Besides, the feeling you get when that red box drops is totally awesome and way better than getting items in a trade.

Mike
Oct 2, 2010, 03:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with trading or opening a shop. I just don't think it the lack of extensive trading options is
complete and utter ****.

appliedphysics
Oct 2, 2010, 04:07 AM
Well since I was never able to get online with psz, I'm for psp2. Oh n psz had to be the lamest ps game to date even ps card revolution for gc was better. Don't get me wrong i did like psz but only because im a die hard ps fan. The game had bad graphics n controls n what was up with that super repetative 100 floor dungeon. Anyways psp2 looks awesome now I just have to decide when to get it n a psp.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 2, 2010, 09:57 AM
I say it's complete and utter **** because, without the availability to trade the high-level gear, it means that the trading business is not going to fair well in the end, being able only to cater to the either newer players or those only seeking junk, pretty much. I could care less about hacking being an issue, I've had to deal with it since starting my PSZ empire, but the fact that no matter WHAT, you can't trade anything even remotely good rank-wise, apparently, makes this just completely insane... why, Sega? Why restrict and penalize the trading community so? Is this your answer to any kind of bad thing that could happen? Idiots... <_<

Oh, and to the above poster, I laugh. You say PSZ had bad graphics, but PSZ had some of the best graphics for any game on the DS. I never cared so much for graphics personally, but this I can assure you, it did not have "bad graphics". Controls I can't complain with, they were easy to use for me, and I had no issues playing the game at all. The only reason you would probably hate the controls is the fact there's not really anything for the touchscreen to do and no quick-tech menu, because those are the only things it lacked control-wise. And that "repetitive 100 floor dungeon" was Sega's incentive for people to play offline, since there were a few items there you could not get anywhere else. I applaud their effort, since it worked for me for a long while, but I do not approve of how MANY floors there were. 50 floors or something could have been better, I didn't like having to spend about 4 hours just to get to the top JUST to unlock SH mode offline, and that's really all I have against it.

But, most of this is in fact opinion, so there's no point in arguing one way or the other. I can see and understand some of your dislike for PSZ, but for other things, especially something like graphics for a DS game, I really can't, to be honest. : /

appliedphysics
Oct 2, 2010, 08:48 PM
the graphics are bad because it is a ds game. i would have rather seen hand drawn sprites instead of the terrible n64 style 3d. when you compare the game to psp2 the graphics are terrible. this game should have been made for the psp.

oh another thing i cant believe that psz didnt allow you to play online with wpa2 security code. i can access the dsi browser and store, but i cant play phantasy star zero online? that's just dumb on segas part not to include that feature.

it wasn't necessarily the controls for the game but the targeting system. it was soo unforgiving and very inconsistent. some times you would hit the monster you were targeting and other times you would cleanly miss. i died many times because i couldnt hit the monster i was aiming at.

as for the offline game, psz was good; it was very fresh and nostalgic. my first ps game was pso and psz was a good throw-back.

i cant wait to see what the future holds for the phantasy star franchise.

Chaos Rappy
Oct 2, 2010, 09:42 PM
To be honest, it feels like most of your dislike of PSZ isn't about PSZ but in fact the DS itself, which I feel isn't a reason to hate the game itself. Hate the console, not the game, yo. <_<

As far as aiming, to be honest, I can't say I've had issues like you. If I missed, I missed, if not, great. The only times that's ever been an issue EVER with me, though, was when I used mechs really, and I don't use them often enough at all for that to be a major problem at all, or when I was trying to shoot an enemy from max range with a rifle, which hardly ever happened solo.

Either way, contributing to the topic, I got my PS:P2 now, and I'll probably crack open the case tomorrow. Still having too much fun in Dissidia to even consider trying PS:P2.

Neo Flint
Oct 2, 2010, 09:45 PM
Hey, I like the "N64 style!" It brings back some memories. :-(

Mike
Oct 3, 2010, 02:09 AM
I say it's complete and utter **** because, without the availability to trade the high-level gear, it means that the trading business is not going to fair
There is no trading business because there is no trading of high level gear. It's as simple as that really. It's an action RPG not a shopkeeper RPG. There is a shopkeeper RPG though it's name escapes me at the moment.

Cire39
Oct 3, 2010, 03:31 AM
I've never really liked the trading systems in Phantasy Star games so I don't mind not being able to trade high level items. The trading hasn't really been implemented well in any of the games yet and always seems kind of half-assed.
Also, I don't think there is any 'business' involved in trading for most people that play PS series games; people just look for the items they need and it stops there. They aren't trading for a profit.
I'm glad PSZ was on the DS but the DS really does limit the game. Maybe we'll get a remake in ten years, haha.

Eniramnocer
Oct 4, 2010, 01:32 PM
That's a great question. I'm not too sure if I'll migrate or not. I think I can hold out until the 3DS arrives. :P

And I too hope they come out with a game for it. :)